User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:57:46 AM EDT
[#1]
OPNI
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:09:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Glock probably makes the best general purpose service pistol on the market.

Other pistols do certain things better.

I prefer the M&P for accuracy and ergonomics.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#3]
My biggest grip with glock is the grip angle
Overcomable, yes. But.......
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:22:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They're a working pistol. If i need to use it in a self defense scenario I won't care that it gets scratched up in an evidence locker.

I show my friends my sigs. I show my enemies my glocks, and all that.
View Quote

There it is.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:56:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Glocks are the smith and wesson model 10 of the modern era... a basic weapon for general use.  Not bashing them, because I own a few, just saying...
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I like glocks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:42:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In before all the Glock hate.
View Quote

In before all the glock fan girls. Oops, op already covered that

P.s. love my G19
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Uh, no.

Staple gun like trigger, trigger guard too small to fit gloved hands, ergonomics of a 2"x4" with over pronounced finger grooves that fit no one, slide stop so small its useless, terrible factory sights and overpriced by about $150.

None of which is worth putting up with IMO just for $20 magazines and being able to buy a holster at the local gun store.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:56:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Glocks are best.  Fuck the rest.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:57:48 AM EDT
[#10]
CZ > Glock.

Gotta poop in Glock threads. It's like a moral imperative now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:59:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Uh, no.

Staple gun like trigger, trigger guard too small to fit gloved hands, ergonomics of a 2"x4" with over pronounced finger grooves that fit no one, slide stop so small its useless, terrible factory sights and overpriced by about $150.

None of which is worth putting up with IMO just for $20 magazines and being able to buy a holster at the local gun store.

View Quote

Uh; hmm...I'm not a Glock guy by any stretch.  There's about 3-4 down the list of any gun that I'd carry....however..

1)  The trigger is nowhere close to a "staple gun."  Bro...you need to be checked for nerve damage or something in your hands or fingers.
     There's a little bit of takeup, like most striker-fired pistols followed by a ledge where the trigger begins.  Literally every striker-fired pistol is like this.
2)  Most handguns to date don't create trigger guards to accommodate gloved shooting.  What do you suggest, a VP-70 or something?  If it's freezing fucking cold enough to wear guns,
     I'd wager that outside of police and some weird-assed military units in the arctic---ain't nobody around here shooting in the snow or freezing temperatures which would require heavy gloves.
3)  The ergonomics of a 2x4?  LOL Dude...where are you getting this from?  The magazine release is easily manipulated by left or right handed shooters, the rear of the slide has notches cut into it for
    easy manipulation, the gun's magazine well is wide enough to hit without looking 49,999 times out of 50,000 attempts, and the finger grooves are fine for anyone short of a person with midget fingers.
4)  The factory sights are about on par with any other stock, non-radioactive sight on the market.  Rear notched sight with a dot front sight.  Utterly normal in every respect.

The pros?

1)  Nearly indestructible (not counting douchebags who shoot lead bullets through polygonally rifled barrels and who shoot overpressured reloads through them) and impervious to the elements
2)  Works in environments where many other handguns fail.  
3)  Can be totally stripped down to an armorer's level  with a large paperclip or any other small, stout piece of metal
4)  Magazines are very affordable
5)  Everyone and their mother makes accessories, sights, holsters, mag-pouches, and aftermarket parts for the guns.  Users will always be able to upgrade them
6)  They are safe, combat proven, and pretty much are the gun of choice for most people doing overseas contract work, law enforcement, engaging in competition, or for personal defense.

While I'm sure that you're probably one of those guys that have a half-dozen 1911s in your gun safe along with a bunch of varied milsurp crap from the WWII-Vietnam; doesn't make any of the stuff
you said accurate in any way...I'm just wondering; why bother?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:07:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Lol at the hate.

Thousands of Third Country Nationals (TCNs) can train and qualify with a Glock 19, the majority of which have never touched a handgun prior to showing up at the training course. Too bad the elite  operators of ARF can't match what a Nepalese or Kenyan guard can do.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:10:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Derp, potato, retarded shit, and much more weaponized autism...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh, no.

Derp, potato, retarded shit, and much more weaponized autism...
Sums it up right there.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:10:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I resisted Glocks for the longest time because I thought their trigger sucked.  Now that my skills have improved I can shoot it about as well as my CZ 75B.

Everyone gets a huge boner over the G19 on AR15.com but the 17 feels awesome in comparison that I can't imagine picking my G19 over it, ever.  And it's not like I'll ever conceal the G19 because it's huge and will print badly because in Texas, winter clothes don't exist.

That said...  If I didn't get such a good deal on the G17 pistols or the G19 that I picked up, I would probably own VP9's instead.
View Quote

If you can't hide a 19 you're just not trying very hard.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lol at the hate.

Thousands of Third Country Nationals (TCNs) can train and qualify with a Glock 19, the majority of which have never touched a handgun prior to showing up at the training course. Too bad the elite  operators of ARF can't match what a Nepalese or Kenyan guard can do.
View Quote
They can also be easily trained on other handguns as well, so that isn't saying much at all when the block of instruction is on point.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:34:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Again, this ->

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Again, this ->

Quoted:

"We have pistols that have over 100,000 rounds"

"We go through approximately 150,000-180,000 rounds combined of 9mm, .45, .50AE, .500S&W, .38 Special, .380 and 9mm Makarov each month."

"I can tell you that even though I am not a "Glock guy", it is the most reliable handgun in our inventory and I would trust it with my life. We use Gen1-Gen4 17's on the line and they are the most hassle-free handgun we have... It would be fair to say that they get at least 100,000 rounds before cracking.""

http://i.imgur.com/tcPgifn.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/tcPgifn.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/tcPgifn.jpg

Link: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/160140_High_round_count_pistols__100_000___observations.html

All same brand of 1911 in that box.  Is that because it's the only version they purchased?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:44:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

My biggest grip with glock is the grip angle

Overcomable, yes. But.......
View Quote
git gud

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I resisted Glocks for the longest time because I thought their trigger sucked.  Now that my skills have improved I can shoot it about as well as my CZ 75B.

Everyone gets a huge boner over the G19 on AR15.com but the 17 feels awesome in comparison that I can't imagine picking my G19 over it, ever.  And it's not like I'll ever conceal the G19 because it's huge and will print badly because in Texas, winter clothes don't exist.

That said...  If I didn't get such a good deal on the G17 pistols or the G19 that I picked up, I would probably own VP9's instead.

This.  I carry a 19 IWB daily down here in FL.  No issues what so ever.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

They can also be easily trained on other handguns as well, so that isn't saying much at all when the block of instruction is on point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol at the hate.

I don't know if TheDuck has had to rely on Kenyan security before, but I have, and wouldn't use that as a selling point.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't know if TheDuck has had to rely on Kenyan security before, but I have, and wouldn't use that as a selling point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol at the hate.

Anaconda?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Anaconda?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Anaconda?

Couple of remote areas, for short in and outs. One mission was hauling a bunch of Royal Marine Commandos. Those are good guys.

BTY, the wife loves the M1 Carbine I got from you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:14:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Couple of remote areas, for short in and outs. One mission was hauling a bunch of Royal Marine Commandos. Those are good guys.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anaconda?

Did you ever load up that small mountain of brass I sent with it?

Friends from far out are still sending me the brass that they find even though I told them to stop
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Uh, no.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
trigger guard too small to fit gloved hands
View Quote

lolwut

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:51:58 AM EDT
[#25]
If you have never owned a gun before, buy a GLOCK 19 and don't change or replace anything. It's all you'll ever need.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If someone wants to pay three times as much for a heavier, lower capacity handgun then that is their call. I also own a few big, heavy, high priced handguns. I wouldn't want to shoot someone with one of them unless I had to though because I'd be pissed if they were stuck in a police evidence locker for 6 months until they close the case and decide to give me my gun back. Take me Glock away? OK, I'll be miffed, but I'll go get the other one out of the safe and buy another one as a backup. Fuck it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like my Glock, but it's not the best gun there ever was.

If I could afford one of those MARSOC 1911's I would probably carry that.

If someone wants to pay three times as much for a heavier, lower capacity handgun then that is their call. I also own a few big, heavy, high priced handguns. I wouldn't want to shoot someone with one of them unless I had to though because I'd be pissed if they were stuck in a police evidence locker for 6 months until they close the case and decide to give me my gun back. Take me Glock away? OK, I'll be miffed, but I'll go get the other one out of the safe and buy another one as a backup. Fuck it.

Dude, it's a MARSOC 1911.  Even I would trade in both my G21 (fuck faggot 9's) and G36 (fuck faggot 9's twice) for a MARSOC 1911, it's just a cool ass piece of art.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you have never owned a gun before, buy a GLOCK 19 and don't change or replace anything. It's all you'll ever need.
View Quote
One gun cannot do it all.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#28]
I have Sigs, CZs, and 1911s that I really enjoy. They live in the safe except for when I take them to the range. My Glock 19 and 17 have never been in a safe. I have two sons that will have to wait till I'm dead and gone to divide up the safe guns, but while I'm alive and here they can have and take whichever Glock they want.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can do everything I need a handgun to do.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Walther PPQ is better than the Glock
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Gaston was a youth Nazi
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Glock perfected the 6 o'clock ejection to the face.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Friends from far out are still sending me the brass that they find even though I told them to stop

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Still need to tool my progressive press for it, but it's ready to go. If you've got more brass, I'll take it off of your hands!

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#35]
23, 30s, 40mos.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Glock perfected the 6 o'clock ejection to the face.
View Quote

This, they ever get that shit fixed without aftermarket extractors? Glocks still have sprinkler head ejection? Even a High Point ejects to the right.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Glocks are the best handguns. Glocks are highly reliable, even under extreme conditions and abuse. They are highly effective options for personal defense or law enforcement right out of the box, but there are also an almost infinite variety of options to customize your Glock. There are also many options available in terms of both caliber, size and capacity. Highly reliable factory magazines for Glock pistols are readily available and low cost. Glock pistols are also very competitively priced when compared to competitors from other manufacturers. If you want to own or recommend a handgun to someone, then Glock is the best choice.
View Quote

Agree 100%  

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I could hide one if I wore different clothes, but as-is with what I'm wearing:

1) It looks like I have a growth on my hip when I conceal at 3 'o clock or 4 o' clock.  Very noticeable that I'm carrying something.
2) I can conceal at 6 'o clock really well but then I can't sit down comfortably.
3) The clothes I wear are relatively form fitting and print horribly, or just lift up and reveal the pistol.

So you're right, I could definitely dress differently and conceal it, but it's just not going to happen unless I'm going into a Mogadishu like scenario.  So, I carry a S&W 380, G42, or Beretta Nano instead.  The Glock is just nowhere near concealable for me until I can put jackets and sweatshirts on in the winter.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lol at the hate.

View Quote

Those Nepalese or Kenyan or Iranian guards and their Fathers were first weaned on the venerable Browning Hi-Power, a beautiful & lethal single action pistol.
Those BHPs put in great service, until some asshat arms dealer made claim that the enemies of the state would only stay dead if shot by Tupperware pistols.  
So what's your point??
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Have you ever seen the standard glock sights break?  That is a made up gun magazine/forum issue.
View Quote

Yes, several times.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

when broken down to its basics, besides needing new night sights, what more can another pistol do?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

LOL at you LOLing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Glock does 9 mm very well.

Their other calibers tend to be hit and miss.
View Quote

I have had nothing but excellent performance in every Glock I've owned and used, whether 9mm, .40 or .45 ACP.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

1) It looks like I have a growth on my hip when I conceal at 3 'o clock or 4 o' clock.  Very noticeable that I'm carrying something.
2) I can conceal at 6 'o clock really well but then I can't sit down comfortably.
3) The clothes I wear are relatively form fitting and print horribly, or just lift up and reveal the pistol.

So you're right, I could definitely dress differently and conceal it, but it's just not going to happen unless I'm going into a Mogadishu like scenario.  So, I carry a S&W 380, G42, or Beretta Nano instead.  The Glock is just nowhere near concealable for me until I can put jackets and sweatshirts on in the winter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AIWB?

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heck, I have been packing around a full size Glock 22 all summer OWB in concealment. With the right holster, the right belt and the right clothing, I've come to realize I have no need for compact or subcompact guns anymore. I'm not even currently using anything fancy or expensive to accomplish this. I'm carrying in a high riding Safariland pancake holster that allows for about 10-15 degrees of forward cant and sits tight against the body. I run the holster at about 4 o'clock on an old Aker leather gun belt I've had for about 10 years. I carry a spare mag in the left pocket on my cargo shorts and just throw on a cheap, untucked, lightweight plaid button-up shirt over top of it. That combination provides a level of concealment that I am completely satisfied with while allowing me to carry in total comfort and stay reasonably cool.

With something like the Raven Eidolon AIWB holster, the same gun can be carried in a highly concealed manner under just a t-shirt.

There was a time when I was just like you. I couldn't have concealed something as small as Shield worth a squat. It wasn't because the gun wasn't easy to conceal. It was just that my selection in clothing and manner of dress sucked. Carrying is a mindset and until you fully commit to that lifestyle by switching to clothing that meets that need, you will always struggle to find something that works. So you have to ask the question, what matters most to you at this point: maintaining your present look at the cost of having far fewer and less effective carry options...or altering your manner of dress which may make you look a little more like a slouch but offer far better carry options? For me, that decision became an easy one. Others may have different priorities.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I have had nothing but excellent performance in every Glock I've owned and used, whether 9mm, .40 or .45 ACP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock does 9 mm very well.

Their other calibers tend to be hit and miss.

I had jams in my G29, G30, and G36.

I stand by my assertion that Glock can't deal with an OAL greater than most flavors of 9x19mm.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

when broken down to its basics, besides needing new night sights, what more can another pistol do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't fit in a pocket for pocket carry when I need deep concealment. It doesn't become a single stack when discretion is the answer during the hot seasons because a double stack sticks out like a sore thumb. It's not a caliber I'd take into the mountains with because 9x19 sucks against some animals that wants to either kill you for food or for fun. The short sight radius is not optimal for competing with at anything further than 15 yards.

One gun cannot do it all. It's literally impossible.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

AIWB?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AIWB?

That's the disconnect. Every mouth breather who says they can conceal one easily expects everyone else to carry that way and cannot critically think that there are other ways people prefer to carry other than their way of doing things.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That's the disconnect. Every mouth breather who says they can conceal one easily expects everyone else to carry that way and cannot critically think that there are other ways people prefer to carry other than their way of doing things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AIWB?

You sound angry.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top