Quoted:
Not sure if trolling...

Of course the OP is trolling.

Yeah my first thought was "oh boy, here we go again..."
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I respect the 9mm line of Glocks but calling them perfect or the best is like saying the Toyota Corolla is the perfect car.

I personally don't like the feeling of my G19 in my hand, the trigger is uncomfortable, and it is very blocky to carry which is why I have chosen another brand.  There is a lot to be said about the simplicity of a Glock but the reality is, compared to others on the market, they are overpriced.  When S&W can sell a SW9VE for $250 and make money on it, you have to ask yourself what makes a Glock $300 better?
View Quote

Jesus, even I wouldn't try to compare a Glock to a SW9VE!

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Glock 17 is the best Glock.
View Quote

Agreed, the 19 is pretty good too but for me its 17.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two Glock 19s and I love them but when I move to Free America I am going to buy a Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm for carry.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

FerFAL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FerFAL

+1

Thinking the 19 was "the" Glock kept me out of them for several years. Then I discovered the full size and everything came together.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems that that finish I saw is done by a distributor, and known as Burnt Bronze. Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Great Handguns for sure
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They are the best.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Should someone go by GSL's house and check on him?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Glocks are the best handguns. Glocks are highly reliable, even under extreme conditions and abuse. They are highly effective options for personal defense or law enforcement right out of the box, but there are also an almost infinite variety of options to customize your Glock. There are also many options available in terms of both caliber, size and capacity. Highly reliable factory magazines for Glock pistols are readily available and low cost. Glock pistols are also very competitively priced when compared to competitors from other manufacturers. If you want to own or recommend a handgun to someone, then Glock is the best choice.
View Quote

Are you just learning about this new firearm?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Glocks are good enough guns, I prefer CZ though.

Got rid of all my Glocks but the 26, I love that gun.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nut hugging thread is nut hugging.

I'll take my FN FNS over a Glock; feels better in the hand, reliable, and better trigger. Oh, and the sights won't break if you look at them wrong.

View Quote

16 years of CCW and over 4000 rounds, and my sights never broke.

I bet I know of a cumulative 20k rounds through multiple Glocks and no breakages.  

Tell me how you broke yours?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I bet I know of a cumulative 20k rounds through multiple Glocks and no breakages.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nut hugging thread is nut hugging.
I'll take my FN FNS over a Glock; feels better in the hand, reliable, and better trigger. Oh, and the sights won't break if you look at them wrong.

You CCW'ed for 16 years without night sights?

Good God man, how are you still alive?

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Glocks are the best handguns. Glocks are highly reliable, even under extreme conditions and abuse. They are highly effective options for personal defense or law enforcement right out of the box, but there are also an almost infinite variety of options to customize your Glock. There are also many options available in terms of both caliber, size and capacity. Highly reliable factory magazines for Glock pistols are readily available and low cost. Glock pistols are also very competitively priced when compared to competitors from other manufacturers. If you want to own or recommend a handgun to someone, then Glock is the best choice.
View Quote
Best will always be subjective. I own what I consider to be the best, while others do not. I do not fault them for having a difference of an opinion. I do however fault them when they speak in absolutes and any opposition is hated on. It does not work that way. There are other just as highly effective options for personal defense, there is no such thing as a super Glock because it's scientifically impossible because of this pesky thing called physics. Having a gun for the mechanically inept who likes to have a lego that they cannot screw up doesn't make it the best, it just makes it subjective to a persons's wants and needs. Me, I see any handgun that is not stock perfect as second rate and should be avoided. Magazine costs or capacity are of no concern to me, I have enough for my needs. Glocks are also not competitively priced as they are overpriced for what they are, or have you never looked at Slickguns?

The best choice is up to the shooter, which is not you or me. Let them decide for themselves because what you or I want does not matter and shouldn't matter, what matters is that the new shooter gets what they want and seeks higher learning. never force upon new shooters something that they can possibly struggle with such as a horrible grip angle, atrociously bad trigger, bad ergonomics, and slide bite. let's set them up for success by bring a bunch of options to the table and giving them the pros and cons of each one fairly and letting them decide on their own.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Best will always be subjective. I own what I consider to be the best, while others do not. I do not fault them for having a difference of an opinion. I do however fault them when they speak in absolutes and any opposition is hated on. It does not work that way. There are other just as highly effective options for personal defense, there is no such thing as a super Glock because it's scientifically impossible because of this pesky thing called physics. Having a gun for the mechanically inept who likes to have a lego that they cannot screw up doesn't make it the best, it just makes it subjective to a persons's wants and needs. Me, I see any handgun that is not stock perfect as second rate and should be avoided. Magazine costs or capacity are of no concern to me, I have enough for my needs. Glocks are also not competitively priced as they are overpriced for what they are, or have you never looked at Slickguns?

The best choice is up to the shooter, which is not you or me. Let them decide for themselves because what you or I want does not matter and shouldn't matter, what matters is that the new shooter gets what they want and seeks higher learning. never force upon new shooters something that they can possibly struggle with such as a horrible grip angle, atrociously bad trigger, bad ergonomics, and slide bite. let's set them up for success by bring a bunch of options to the table and giving them the pros and cons of each one fairly and letting them decide on their own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use whatever you want but there is nothing wrong with the Glock trigger or grip angle. I've also never been bitten by the slide.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#17]
It seems as though Gen 5 17Ms are being recalled...............guess I will go with the Gen 4
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Use whatever you want but there is nothing wrong with the Glock trigger or grip angle. I've also never been bitten by the slide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Once again, you are full of shit. Ergonomics are different for every person. You cannot try to pose what you wrote as fact.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I respect the 9mm line of Glocks but calling them perfect or the best is like saying the Toyota Corolla is the perfect car.

I personally don't like the feeling of my G19 in my hand, the trigger is uncomfortable, and it is very blocky to carry which is why I have chosen another brand.  There is a lot to be said about the simplicity of a Glock but the reality is, compared to others on the market, they are overpriced.  When S&W can sell a SW9VE for $250 and make money on it, you have to ask yourself what makes a Glock $300 better?

That's right. It took a grip reduction on my G19 before it felt as good as my 9VE.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

People are free to choose whatever they want, as long as they choose to want a Glock.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

People are free to choose whatever they want, as long as they choose to want a Glock.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By motown_steve

And this is why Glock nut huggers are fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I resisted Glocks for the longest time because I thought their trigger sucked.  Now that my skills have improved I can shoot it about as well as my CZ 75B.

Everyone gets a huge boner over the G19 on AR15.com but the 17 feels awesome in comparison that I can't imagine picking my G19 over it, ever.  And it's not like I'll ever conceal the G19 because it's huge and will print badly because in Texas, winter clothes don't exist.

That said...  If I didn't get such a good deal on the G17 pistols or the G19 that I picked up, I would probably own VP9's instead.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're trolling right? If you aren't trolling, you need to relearn what freedom is, because you just spoke a totalitarian value again, and that is not being free. That's just being potato.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#24]
nothing stirs up the male estrogen on arfcom then Glocks, watches and cars.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You forgot, "all pistols should be Glocks and all Glocks should be Glock 19s".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buckeye67=Buck
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I agree.
View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure....captain long winded.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd agree I've never had slide bite, but Glocks always point instinctively high for me. Through time with it, I've been able to negate it.

The trigger is fine, but I like my 1911s better.

Come on man. I'll give you capacity and personal preference, but you got to give the 1911 the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Buckeye67=Buck
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buckeye67=Buck

No, I don't have tattoos and I can drive a standard transmission.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I resisted Glocks for the longest time because I thought their trigger sucked.  Now that my skills have improved I can shoot it about as well as my CZ 75B.

Everyone gets a huge boner over the G19 on AR15.com but the 17 feels awesome in comparison that I can't imagine picking my G19 over it, ever.  And it's not like I'll ever conceal the G19 because it's huge and will print badly because in Texas, winter clothes don't exist.

That said...  If I didn't get such a good deal on the G17 pistols or the G19 that I picked up, I would probably own VP9's instead.
View Quote

G17 all day and twice on Sunday over the G19.

Completely with you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'd agree I've never had slide bite, but Glocks always point instinctively high for me. Through time with it, I've been able to negate it.

Come on man. I'll give you capacity and personal preference, but you got to give the 1911 the trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BHP's also give me hammer bite while the newer ones give me hammer love taps. I have a high grip and Google image search is awash with slide bite images while Youtube has a slew of videos on the subject. Just because it never happens to you doesn't mean that it doesn't happen at all.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
BHP's also give me hammer bite while the newer ones give me hammer love taps. I have a high grip and Google image search is awash with slide bite images while Youtube has a slew of videos on the subject. Just because it never happens to you doesn't mean that it doesn't happen at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll concede it's possible, certainly.

I just haven't seen it with anyone in my gun circle, with any pistol.

I like to think I shoot a fair bit. (Once a week? I don't have land.) I've just never seen it in person
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Just what this site needs. Another damn Glocksucker.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I respect them. I don't love them. I think the claims of perfection are laughable. But I'll learn them, learn to wrench on them, and probably carry them.

They are tools without soul.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a question, do you get hammer bite with a GI 1911?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I almost went M&P before G4 came out, glad I didn't.
View Quote

I did and sold it to get a Gen 4 19.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buckeye67=Buck

Haha, that ain't you then.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did u just buy like a million shares in the company or something?

They're a working pistol. If i need to use it in a self defense scenario I won't care that it gets scratched up in an evidence locker.

I show my friends my sigs. I show my enemies my glocks, and all that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#39]

When I read that, I heard Lt. Aldo Raine's voice.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Glock:
Butt-ugly plastic shooting appliance with the ergonomics of a caulking gun. Five-pound trigger with no external safety makes it ill-suited for its target market (cops who shoot a hundred rounds a year for qualification). Favored by gangbangers because the product name is short and rhymes with other short, rap-friendly words.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:11:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I respect them. I don't love them. I think the claims of perfection are laughable. But I'll learn them, learn to wrench on them, and probably carry them.

They are tools without soul.
View Quote

"soul" is a very subjective thing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:40:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Taurus> Glock  

I have neither
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm still waiting on one of those porcelain glock 9's to be sold.
You know, the ones that can get through metal detectors
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:43:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm still waiting on one of those porcelain glock 9's to be sold.
You know, the ones that can get through metal detectors
View Quote
You wasted post number 1022 on this?

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#46]
DAMN!!!
I don't keep track
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:47:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Only malfunction I've ever had was my Glock 30s. And it malfunctions every few mags.

Not sure why I even own it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:51:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Completely with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely with you.

If they discontinued the 19 I'd be like...meh. If they ditched the 17 then I'd be a little upset.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#49]
You misspelled 1911
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:56:55 AM EDT
[#50]
This thread...is a troll thread.  Very trolly indeed.  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top