[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have a GF or wife?
View Quote

you missed the S_A_C dating thread  
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Legally retail companies can't take back open media. Falls under an anti-piracy act. They can exchange for exact media, which they open before handing to you and that's it. You could go trade in and recoup some cash for it or sell on Ebay/Craigslist etc. Sounds like you enjoy shooters so I'd suggest Deus Ex. Came out this week, getting really good reviews and is a single player game. If you want something to sink 80+ hours into, I'd say go Fallout 4 or Metal Gear Solid 5.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
This is what you rant about?  Video Games?  LoL
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Crap, I'm still playing FO4, waiting on the rerelease of Skyrim
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
the videogame industry is the biggest scam that there is.

they show commercials for the game, but it doesnt actually show any gameplay, it shows the video crap between levels, and all kinds of other shit, except the actual game being played.

then once you buy it and open it, you cant return it.

i cant imagine any other industry where you can falsely advertise something, then once you make the sale, you wont let them take it back.

View Quote

At Walmart or Target you can return a 'defective' game only for the same game. You can then take the unopened replacement and return it for store credit and at least get something different.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
You need to get Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

I'm not quite as extreme as you about single-player but I prefer it and the MGS games are as solo as it comes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I miss those.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you literate?
Did you ever think of googling before buying something?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Steel Panthers MBT.  Download the latest upgrades.  If you like company level with a chance to play any year from 1946 to 2020 try it.  I like playing with 3-4 years different each game and see how weapons differed during that period.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#11]
The Left 4 Dead series was great fun.  It works fine as a single player, but is more better in multiplayer.  It works well as multi-player, because it's a co-op game with a max of 4 players, although IIRC there are some tournament modes.

Go to the video game forum on here and look for someone to play with that fits with your requirements.  i.e., same console, same age group, etc.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:59:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Left 4 Dead series was great fun.  It works fine as a single player, but is more better in multiplayer.  It works well as multi-player, because it's a co-op game with a max of 4 players, although IIRC there are some tournament modes.

Go to the video game forum on here and look for someone to play with that fits with your requirements.  i.e., same console, same age group, etc.
View Quote

I tried left 4 dead one, it was OK, but it was just the same zombies over and over again, it got really repetitive, never played the others.

Dead Island was OK except for the stupid deteriorating weapons.  Dead Island: wear everything is made out of tin.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I tried left 4 dead one, it was OK, but it was just the same zombies over and over again, it got really repetitive, never played the others.

Dead Island was OK except for the stupid deteriorating weapons.  Dead Island: wear everything is made out of tin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

L4D really shines when you play with one or two other friends.  Yeah, I know multiplayer, but it's not the same as multiplayer.  No camping, twitching, et al.

Red Dead Redemption?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:20:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Battlefield 1942 was a great game.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

L4D really shines when you play with one or two other friends.  Yeah, I know multiplayer, but it's not the same as multiplayer.  No camping, twitching, et al.

Red Dead Redemption?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red Dead Redemption?

I played the zombie version, that was pretty decent, but I really pocked up the afterthought vibe, I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I had played the regular version first, which based on the zombie version I get the feeling is probably a very well thoight out and rich game, I would like to try it sometime.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:38:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Holy shit man, a simple google anywhere would have told you those two games are pieces of shit

Battlefield was one of the biggest gaming flops ever.  There isn't even a single player mode, sounds like you failed to do your research.

The division is played best with a team as well.  Again sounds like you didn't do your research.

Why don't you try actual single player games like Fallout 4 or GTA 5
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:43:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Holy shit man, a simple google anywhere would have told you those two games are pieces of shit

Battlefield was one of the biggest gaming flops ever.  There isn't even a single player mode, sounds like you failed to do your research.

The division is played best with a team as well.  Again sounds like you didn't do your research.

Why don't you try actual single player games like Fallout 4 or GTA 5
View Quote

Hey OP is being pretty nice and you are just being a big meanie.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:56:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Left 4 Dead gets repetitive FAST. I hated Dead Island, I made it about 30 minutes before deleting it.

OP, for some good single player games....

Skyrim (lots of mods)

Fallout 4 (think you said you played it, lots of mods)

Arma 2/3 (not the greatest single-player campaigns, but a LOT of mods for both and playing CTI games by myself is a lot of fun. Even more fun with 1-2 friends)

Borderlands 1/2 (More fun with friends, but great fun alone and a big challenge... the DLC can be almost unplayable without a group though)

Bioshock series as mentioned

Deus Ex GOTY (old but great)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Dishonored (2 comes out soon)

Far Cry 2/3/4

Metro 2033/Last Light

Stalker series

Rainbow 6 NV 1/2

Mass Effect series (all great, 2 is best)

Elite: Dangerous (yes, you can play offline)

GTAV

Saint's Row 3/4

Hitman: Absolution

Horror:

Dead Space series

Alien: Isolation

Amnesia series

FEAR series

Outlast

For the more creative person:

Space engineers

Subnautica

Minecraft

Fortresscraft: Evolved

Kerbal Space Program

Lots of good stuff out there.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Had not played vames for years and wife got a PS4, nice thing is Redbox rents the games. This way can play for a day to see if you like it.

You sound a lot like me OP. If you get the PS plus (play online) you also can down load demos to try out. I downloaded Destiny and am hooked. So many guns to try out and each gun has options, three types of optics

Plus if you buy it evently all the planets have patrols where you can go and engage any thing you'd like

Plus most of the planets have 2-3 missions that are multiplayer. The system picks 2 players to go with you and you fight as a team. There is no talking durning the mission unless some one invites you to a party. It's your team against the aliens

If you team mate shoots you it doesn't hurt you. Later if you want people will as to be a friend so you can do smission with up to 6 people. You don't know their zreal names just gaming name.

It has been wierd when doing the talking option and a team mates mom walks in his room tells him it's time bed

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:48:52 AM EDT
[#20]
The division doesn't have to be multiplayer, just stay out of the dark zone.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:52:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doubtful.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:57:21 AM EDT
[#22]
I have nothing to offer as I  still play BF2 on PC.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:58:24 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm with you, man.   Most multiplayer is shit and is full of 8 year old kids who tell you that "You're a fag" and that "...they're gonna fuck your mom."
Totally down with campaign mode and single-player games.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:00:44 AM EDT
[#24]
was expecting a no mans sky thread.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:05:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Both do, in fact, have single player experiences. I was one of the first to Platinum "The Division" and I played it online for approximately 2 hours total. The story does not require you to engage in a multiplayer experience. "Battlefront" however was a disappointment. I still play the originals on the Xbox and only recently have real offline modes been added.

Best Buy is currently running a special---50% extra trade in value for PS4 games.

The Division will net you $15 store credit.

Battlefront will net you $10.50 store credit.

If you're looking for a singleplayer experience, I recommend trading those in and using the credit to purchase The Last of Us Remastered, found HERE AT BEST BUY for $19.99. It's quite possibly the greatest game of the last decade and despite being a remaster is easily in the top 3 games of this generation.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:08:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Steam accepts game returns if you play for less then two hours,  time to build a gaming pc.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:10:39 AM EDT
[#27]
You should have googled the games before buying them.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:39:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Just get Madden 2017
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:45:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Wastelands 2
Available on PS4 now

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:49:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Far Cry 4 is what you seek
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:49:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Witcher 3
Doom 2016.
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Hitman 2016
Deus Ex: Mankind divided
Uncharted 4
Just Cause 3
The list goes on, and those are just a few of the great single player experiences to come out in the last year or so.  There's like 4 game of the year contenders just in the titles I listed alone.  
Add in a couple more years, say 2012-present, and you are pretty much drowning in great SP experiences.  

I'm not a fan of most MP games either and generally stick to single player, but it's your own fault for not, you know, being a smart consumer and checking the reviews online, or at least reading the descriptions on the back of the box.  Both of those titles are pretty clearly pushed as primarily MP experiences which is why I didn't buy them.  There are plenty of good single player experiences out there still.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:50:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
+1

I too like the single player mode and don't do the multiplayer. They're too twitchy for me. If I can survive more than 8 seconds without being attacked from the rear or sniped from 800 yards away I'm shocked.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:00:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sounds like you suck at multi-player, and instead of enjoying it for the fun that it is, you wrote a properly formatted hissyfit.

n00b.
View Quote

If the multiplayer games out there didn't suck, he might play them.

But when multiplayer consists of bunnyhopping while you do an airborne 360 back-flip noscope...Yhea no...

Pretty sure the last multiplayer FPS game I really enjoyed was SWAT 4 with the SAS mod.  But then again, in that one if you try to be all action man 1080 no scope pwn leet you get shot in the face and die.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:05:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Helps to do research. 3 minutes on google and youtube can be a great help. On a rare occasion it may be hard to tell, but typically its easy to figure out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:16:54 AM EDT
[#35]
You need The Witcher 3 with both expansions. Get back to me in a few months after you finish it. Single player excellence.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:22:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So, I had a little extra cash this week, and a bit of free time so I thought I would spend it relaxing with the PS4, so I go get myself some new games.  I am not interested in multiplayer, I haven't been for about 10 years, I rage quit the entire idea, I got tired of the constant cheating, shit talking horrible playing Dutch 12 year olds, class hording, camping, bunny hopping, grenade spamming, lack of team play and just general bullshit.  I also have no one I know to really play with so its just a really frustrating solo experience.  I HATE multiplayer.  So the first thing I do when I pick up a game is to see if it is an actual GAME, I.E. Did the developer include a single player mode, or are they just lazy asses who created yet another multiplayer only freeforall shitfest with no story, thought, or creativity whatsoever.  If it says multiplayer only I don't buy it, I just cuss under my breath, lament that it is a waste and move on to the next one.

What pisses me off, what sends me into searing, ranting rage, is when some asshat developer creates a multiplayer only game and tries to fool people like me, who want single player campaign games, not mutiplayer crap into buying it by clearly labling the damned package simgle player, and by portraying it as single player in the ads, etc. when in reality its "single player" is just some fucked up half ass tutorial or multiplayer with bots.  If I wanted a fucking multiplayer game I'd habe fucking bought one jackasses!  To me this is blatemt false advertising, and a scam.

Once upon a time this geat looking World War 2 shooter game came out, looked a lot like Medal Of Honer which was great, so I nought it only to find out that it was muktiplayer only garbage with a half ass "single player considting of bots on a multiplayer map.  I flew into a rage and swore off not just that game but the entire fucking franchise for ever, fuck them.  The game was Battlefield 1942.  That is the last and only game of the Bagtlefield franchise I have played and the only one I will ever play.  I have heard that later versions do have single player and the new World War 1 one looks awsome but I don't trust them.  Fuck them, fuck Battlefield, I hope they choke on a dick.

Fast forward to today, there are two games which I have heard good things about, they had awsome trailers and I have had them simmering on the back burner on my want list for quite some time now, but didn't really give it much thought, especially since they were both kindof pricey games.  But today I see them both, and they are both about half off, $60 for the both of them, two for the price of one.  I hurriedly bought them and eagerly took them home to play only to find out that guess what?  They are BOTH fucking multiplayer only shit fests with fake single player, one even requires a comstant internet connection.  They are clearly labled as having single player modes, but no, just a shitty multiplayer only crap fest, and it gets better, upon further review one of them even has the same development team as fucking Battlfoeld 1942, they are up to the same fucking scamming bullshit.  The games are Star Wars Battlefront (Battlefield 1942 in space), and The Division.

Fuck them, fuck their developers, I am through with them, and their whole damn franchise.  I hear Star Wars Battlefront 2 is supposed to have a true single player, but fuck them, they have lost me forever as a customer, fucking scam artist fucks.

Think Best Buy will take these crap games back?  I am tempted to snap them in fucking two.
View Quote

what are reviews......how do we read them......magic
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:49:40 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

they show commercials for the game, but it doesnt actually show any gameplay, it shows the video crap between levels, and all kinds of other shit, except the actual game being played.

i cant imagine any other industry where you can falsely advertise something, then once you make the sale, you wont let them take it back.

View Quote
Steam does refunds now.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:18:58 AM EDT
[#38]
I remember when I was your age buying my first deck of cards. I asked the fucking clerk behind the counter if those Hoyle cards were like the bicycle cards where you had to play with friends or if you could just play by your self in a quiet root cellar.

See, my friends were better than me and kept getting full houses and straights, flushes and whatnot and taking all my money with their cheating dishonest poker faces....assholes the bunch of them, and some were even Dutch!!!!!!!!

So this guy tells me yeah, you can play by yourself, its called solitare, so I tried it.

Fucking game sucks as there is only one mission that's more like organizing the cards from king down to aces by suit in a really slow boring fashion.

So I took them Hoyle cards back to the general store and demanded a refund and was denied as I had torn the deck in half and got poop smeared on them when I fell down in the barn in a fit of rage.

FuuuuucccckK!!!!!

Fuck you card makers, all your games are all the same!!!

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:23:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Op needs to get gud. Skrublords like him help pad my K/D. You'll never be FaZe material with that attitude.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:27:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Tightly wadded panties here from people that got schooled in multi-player 10+ years ago and think it's the same
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:30:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Try Fallout 3, 4 and new Vegas.

Try the Witcher series, especially 3.

Grand Theft Auto, the new Doom, and Dying Light are all also long story games.

Go and seek out Red Dead Redemption, great game.

Oh, and OP game reviews on YouTube are your friend.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Battlefront is amazing.  Never played The Division.  

That said, get Metal Gear Solid 5 -it is a huge and great game.  Also, get DOOM.  Or Far Cry 4.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:34:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You know you could have Googled them and found they are predominantly multiplayer focused
View Quote

Seriously.

Watch one review on YouTube. Don't blame the developer because you are an idiot, OP.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm the opposite.  I wish I could buy just the multiplayer part of games for cheaper than the full game.  Campaign has zero value to me.

As for hackers on Playstation, sure they exist, but nowhere near enough to make it a real issue (old, no longer supported games aside).  Generally speaking, people who call out "Cheater/hacker!" are just bad at the game.  I've gotten called a hacker a bunch of times in CoD over the years.  I've never hacked, and don't even know how.  If I did know how, I'd be hacking errything!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:48:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So, I had a little extra cash this week, and a bit of free time so I thought I would spend it relaxing with the PS4, so I go get myself some new games.  I am not interested in multiplayer, I haven't been for about 10 years, I rage quit the entire idea, I got tired of the constant cheating, shit talking horrible playing Dutch 12 year olds, class hording, camping, bunny hopping, grenade spamming, lack of team play and just general bullshit.  I also have no one I know to really play with so its just a really frustrating solo experience.  I HATE multiplayer.  So the first thing I do when I pick up a game is to see if it is an actual GAME, I.E. Did the developer include a single player mode, or are they just lazy asses who created yet another multiplayer only freeforall shitfest with no story, thought, or creativity whatsoever.  If it says multiplayer only I don't buy it, I just cuss under my breath, lament that it is a waste and move on to the next one.

What pisses me off, what sends me into searing, ranting rage, is when some asshat developer creates a multiplayer only game and tries to fool people like me, who want single player campaign games, not mutiplayer crap into buying it by clearly labling the damned package simgle player, and by portraying it as single player in the ads, etc. when in reality its "single player" is just some fucked up half ass tutorial or multiplayer with bots.  If I wanted a fucking multiplayer game I'd habe fucking bought one jackasses!  To me this is blatemt false advertising, and a scam.

Once upon a time this geat looking World War 2 shooter game came out, looked a lot like Medal Of Honer which was great, so I nought it only to find out that it was muktiplayer only garbage with a half ass "single player considting of bots on a multiplayer map.  I flew into a rage and swore off not just that game but the entire fucking franchise for ever, fuck them.  The game was Battlefield 1942.  That is the last and only game of the Bagtlefield franchise I have played and the only one I will ever play.  I have heard that later versions do have single player and the new World War 1 one looks awsome but I don't trust them.  Fuck them, fuck Battlefield, I hope they choke on a dick.

Fast forward to today, there are two games which I have heard good things about, they had awsome trailers and I have had them simmering on the back burner on my want list for quite some time now, but didn't really give it much thought, especially since they were both kindof pricey games.  But today I see them both, and they are both about half off, $60 for the both of them, two for the price of one.  I hurriedly bought them and eagerly took them home to play only to find out that guess what?  They are BOTH fucking multiplayer only shit fests with fake single player, one even requires a comstant internet connection.  They are clearly labled as having single player modes, but no, just a shitty multiplayer only crap fest, and it gets better, upon further review one of them even has the same development team as fucking Battlfoeld 1942, they are up to the same fucking scamming bullshit.  The games are Star Wars Battlefront (Battlefield 1942 in space), and The Division.

Fuck them, fuck their developers, I am through with them, and their whole damn franchise.  I hear Star Wars Battlefront 2 is supposed to have a true single player, but fuck them, they have lost me forever as a customer, fucking scam artist fucks.

Think Best Buy will take these crap games back?  I am tempted to snap them in fucking two.
View Quote

Fallout 4 is what you seek.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:52:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Play PC games....more options. Steam has a gazillion games to choose from.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:58:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

But when multiplayer consists of bunnyhopping while you do an airborne 360 back-flip noscope...Yhea no...

Pretty sure the last multiplayer FPS game I really enjoyed was SWAT 4 with the SAS mod.  But then again, in that one if you try to be all action man 1080 no scope pwn leet you get shot in the face and die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like you suck at multi-player, and instead of enjoying it for the fun that it is, you wrote a properly formatted hissyfit.

n00b.

Try Insurgency for PC.

You can't play COD style because they designed it for realism, it's fucking hard, but satisfying.

FPS games got super dumbed down for consoles, and it leaked over into the PC games too....thanks alot ya plebs.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:10:57 AM EDT
[#48]
OP,
get a computer and load up tons of mods on Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim, etc. I have hundreds of hours per fallout title.

Quoted:

View Quote

Search for "Let's play (game name)" on YouTube before you buy.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#49]
I see my fellow men struggling. I feel their cries and gnashing of teeth. The answer you seek is dark.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
was expecting a no mans sky thread.
View Quote

Same.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top