Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2016 7:52:18 PM EDT
Looking at a 2013 Lacrosse. 45K miles, loaded out except for A/C seats and sunroof.. VERY nice shape, 2 sets of rims and tires. [bright chrome summer, painted alloy for winter] Pretty much flawless. Can get it for about 4-5K under book. 3.6 V6. Doesn't need a thing.

Anyone have one and if so,do you like it or not like it? Are the 3.6 decent engines, have not heard anything good or bad about them.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
We have a few customers with them. Other than normal service they are solid but boring cars. If one fell into my lap I would keep it and drive it until it was dead.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
$4-5K "under book" sounds like a normal price for a Buick.  How much $$$?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have a few customers with them. Other than normal service they are solid but boring cars. If one fell into my lap I would keep it and drive it until it was dead.
View Quote

They don't seem to have any real problem areas from what I can see, they look to be rated pretty high in dependability. I had zero compalints about my Regal. [98]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
$4-5K "under book" sounds like a normal price for a Buick.  How much $$$?
View Quote

About 16.5.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They don't seem to have any real problem areas from what I can see, they look to be rated pretty high in dependability. I had zero compalints about my Regal. [98]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't put them on my shit car list at all.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]

If that was 16.5K, I'd buy a dozen of them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Badass car but don't do it in Michigan. The wheels are made of tin foil wife has 2012 touring so easy to bend the factory 19's and they are like $320 a tire to replace. She loved the car it is very peppy. 64K miles only thing replace besides wheels is the front catalytic converter it cracked right at the mounting flange changed under warranty. other than that great car.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Those are fine looking cars, looked hard at them, got a Lincoln MKZ instead------wife fell in live with the MKZ.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#11]
My parents have one, it's been a comfy, trouble free car.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My parents have one...they like it, but then again they are in their 70's. The target demographics for Buick.

View Quote

Eh? Speak up sonny boy, you're giving me conundrums.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Bought daughter a 2002 Lesabre while she was still in college from a buddy whose mom was entering the nursing home.
Bullet proof 3800 engine with 80k on it.

She hated driving an "old persons car".

Until nobody else's car would start in the cold - but hers.
Until she got calls from friends to pick them up around town because their cars died.
Until she did a lot of highway driving.

Fast forward 8 years, another 80k - only thing into it has been pads, belt, battery, and oil changes.
Loves the car, doesn't care what others think.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quality wise they are some of the least abysmal GM cars.

But they're still GM cars.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Had a 12 Impala and just got a 15 Impala LTD, after my 12 was rear ended at a stoplight.  Liked my 12 so much I got the 15.  This is the GM sibling to the LaCrosse.  My buddy has the LaCrosse and loves it.  

The 3.6 is awesome.  DOHC, multi port injection, VVT.   300 HP goes like hell 0-60 in 6 seconds.  This the same engine in my next door neighbors caddy.  

6 speed auto gets 30 plus mpg on the highway.  I'm averaging just under 25 overall gas mileage which is awesome for a full size sedan.  This is my 4th one from over the years and no real problems to mention.  Great on the interstate, Bluetooth works great.  

Price sounds a little high for a 12 with that many miles.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I have an 07 with the 3.6. It's got more pep under the hood than you would think but at the end of the day it's an old man car.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#17]
LaCrosse is a classy ride & you can probably speed with impunity.  Do want.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bought daughter a 2002 Lesabre while she was still in college from a buddy whose mom was entering the nursing home.
Bullet proof 3800 engine with 80k on it.

She hated driving an "old persons car".

Until nobody else's car would start in the cold - but hers.
Until she got calls from friends to pick them up around town because their cars died.
Until she did a lot of highway driving.

Fast forward 8 years, another 80k - only thing into it has been pads, belt, battery, and oil changes.
Loves the car, doesn't care what others think.
View Quote

LOL, same exact thing happened to me, when my parent got me a 79 Cadillac. I hated the thing, until it outlived every dam car around it. It was a brutal tank that lived for around 20 years. I miss it a lot.

I do like the Buicks, they seem to last forever around here.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have an 07 with the 3.6. It's got more pep under the hood than you would think but at the end of the day it's an old man car.
View Quote

Just looking for something comfortable to run back and forth to work. 99% hwy driving.

Would prefer to keep the miles [and salt] off my FJC and Taco.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Take a look a the turning radius.  My dad has one, rides comfy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just looking for something comfortable to run back and forth to work. 99% hwy driving.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gas mileage and fuel range suck.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Range not an issue, he did admit he got around 22-23 MPG driving it. That isn't  much more then my Taco gets.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did she handle jumps?

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2JNvDPnKjs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2JNvDPnKjs

It's a Buick, they float quite well.................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top