Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I figured, what other job would care if some dork ass shows up and bitches to your boss about a rifle review. Plus the guy who wrote the blog was a cop so I figure it's really him, not a buddy, or another cop buddy and that's why he's so vague about where the reviewer works.

Particularly shitty tactic, wtf justification is there for going to some cop's boss over a rifle review, fucking ass pirate
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bet the reviewer was a cop

He is.
I figured, what other job would care if some dork ass shows up and bitches to your boss about a rifle review. Plus the guy who wrote the blog was a cop so I figure it's really him, not a buddy, or another cop buddy and that's why he's so vague about where the reviewer works.

Particularly shitty tactic, wtf justification is there for going to some cop's boss over a rifle review, fucking ass pirate

This ^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bet the reviewer was a cop

He is.

The person that wrote the P&S blog post in my OP isn't the person that did the review. They're both cops however.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's what I don't get.  Hell, I can't even bring myself to skim over the emails Aim and Primary Arms send out because they're constantly hawking that Radical shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and now no one will buy their firearms.  morons.

Were people buying them before?

That's what I don't get.  Hell, I can't even bring myself to skim over the emails Aim and Primary Arms send out because they're constantly hawking that Radical shit.
I really hope PA drops them. I don't know why Marsh would be associated with them in the first place

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Have 2 of their uppers. A 16" .300blk with their BCG. Is absolutely fine. Built a .223 pistol with one of their 10.5 uppers (with a RRA BCG). First time out it had "issues". 1st one was it wouldn't go into battery after every shot without using the forward assist. After using the forward assist for a full mag, it ran normal. Ironically my Bushmaster did the same thing new back in 99 so it really didn't concern me a lot, just was irritating. Same day it stopped ejecting the empty cases. Got home and found the gas block loosened up and moved. Put locktite on the screws and took it out to the range again. Works fine now.

What I don't like about their uppers is the stupid torx screws they use on the handguards. When I went to duracoat my .300blk's handguard the torx head stripped on one screw. Ended up using a drill and ez out to get it out. Contacted them to see if they had replacements, they wanted $5 for 10 screws. Ended up just going to the hardware store and getting one from them (hex key one). Probably will replace all the torx ones with hex key ones anyways. The torx screws to start with. Never had luck with them.

Will I buy another one? Dunno, probably not. May be more to the story than whats being told.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Making a bad product and getting a crappy online review = cost a few dozen or so customers.

Making a bad product and behaving like this after an online review = thousands of customers.  Too many good companies in business now to try to pull crap like this and hope to survive.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://primaryandsecondary.com/candid-and-unbiased/

Wow.

"I was notified today the sales manager for Radical Firearms visited our staff member’s place of employment to complain about the review which P&S was conducting.

After he was called into the office of his boss, our staff member will no longer conduct the review. He decided he would stop. He will no longer have anything to do with Radical Firearms."
View Quote

Kinda short on details.
Could easily go either way.
Was radical pissed because they didn't like an honest review.
Or were they pissed because they were getting a dishonest review.
Never heard of this PS company
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Kinda short on details.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

"I was notified today the sales manager for Radical Firearms visited our staff member’s place of employment to complain about the review which P&S was conducting.

After he was called into the office of his boss, our staff member will no longer conduct the review. He decided he would stop. He will no longer have anything to do with Radical Firearms."

Kinda short on details.

P&S is mainly a network that kind of took over when Lightfighter went off the rails, and most of the SMEs and industry figures migrated over to it. They're mostly straight up folks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I wrote it (hi Erin), one of the staff attempted the review.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey Brother! I recognized you lol.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought one RF barrel for a pistol build. It had the worst accuracy I'd ever seen. 12" groups at 50 meters. It made the Mini 14 look like a damn match grade rifle. Never again...even for a "just for fun" gun.
View Quote

Barrel extension was probably loose.  RF barrels seems to have a problem with that happening.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Kinda short on details.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

Kinda short on details.

RF is well known for absolute shit products.  I'm willing to bet the story, as told, is accurate.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a RF 8.5 inch 300 blk upper.  Key word, HAD.  I also had the barrel extension unscrew from the receiver, they "fixed" it (must have been a re-torque with rocksett) b/c I got the same upper back.

I know they "repaired" it but I couldn't trust the brand after that incident so I let it go dirt cheap.  It was fairly accurate though, for the VERY few rounds I put through it.  They are now a NO-GO company for me, so are ALL the budget brands (KG,  bear creek arsenal, PSA).  And I know there's TONS of PSA fans, but look up bad reviews, there's plenty. They lack quality control, so yes 1000 good uppers go out, but a dozen bad ones also. I bought one with out of spec parts, and can't believe they even mailed me something that you couldn't cycle the action NEW.

I'll stick to BCM, DD, Noveske, and seekins for now. They seem to know what they are doing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Rob Ski ran one for 5000 rounds. The cam broke in the bolt. But, easy $20 fix.

Not bad for people that shoot only a few hundred rounds a year and put it back in tbe safe.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

So I find it odd that RF went to the place of employment over a review that isn't even on P&S's website...  In fact, the only RF tagged article in the entire website is the one you wrote - https://primaryandsecondary.com/tag/radical-firearms/

Can you shed some light on this?  Also, you say that a Facebook exchange went down.  May we please see that discussion? There are a lot of vague claims with your article and I'm sure everyone would like some facts to back this up.  And telling us to sign up for a Facebook discussion group to boost P&S numbers is not the correct answer.

Side note - wouldn't buy RF if they were the last manufacturer on earth.

Edit: The original email from "marketing" is also odd.  Who sends an email begging for a review prior to introducing yourself or your company?  And what marketing person advertises their product for the "financially burdened" (again, even before saying who they are)?

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Have a 10.5"upper from them and it's been reliable. Needed some "fitting" with a file to fit my lower build. I've since switched the rail from keymod to mlok. Still working after rebuild. Won't be buying anymore of their products, but also don't see the need to buy completed uppers/ lowers/ or rifles anymore. They're going to need help after this fiasco.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I before Primus Pilum sets everyone straight.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In before RF makes an appearance.
View Quote

whose house are the going to first?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#21]
My brother had a horrible experience with their piece of shit rifles.  It was my bro's first rifle, and he didn't know much about AR's, so I handled the technical aspects of the shitty rifle. Bottom line was this: Brand new RF received from FFL by my bro.  He brings it to me so I can check out the internals and such. As soon as I separate the upper from the lower, a huge pile of aluminum shavings falls out of the upper.  Shavings in the trigger unit, buffer tube, etc...it was a fucking mess.  BCG was rubbing one of the inner walls of the upper.

After some back and forth with RF, they have bro ship it back to them on bro's dime.  They tell him they fixed it and send it back out to bro.  I meet with bro, manually cycle the rifle and watch as this pile of ass continues making aluminum confetti. Bro emails back with one of the guys, want to say his name was Tim, but whatever. Bro is told that they test fired the rifle and it functioned/shot fine.  Bro was then told the clincher: this was normal break in for an AR.  After some more back and forth, RF had bro ship POS back to them (on his dime again), and they finally refunded his money.  

Stay the hell away from Radical Firearms.  I obviously question anyone who tells a customer that upper receiver shavings in your rifle is a part of an AR's "break in process."

This ARock move is not surprising.  Gotta' salvage the garbage somehow.  That's how damage control works.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#23]
This whole time I thought radical firearms was andro Corp from our EE.

Glad I'm wrong!

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Ice Arms 2.0? PASS!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have 15k through a fucking Delton without a hiccup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rob Ski ran one for 5000 rounds. The cam broke in the bolt. But, easy $20 fix.

Not bad for people that shoot only a few hundred rounds a year and put it back in tbe safe.

I have 15k through a fucking Delton without a hiccup.

What was the price? Under $500?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I have one barrel and upper from them but I used a high quality bcg and have not had any issues.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wish someone would go to my boss about some shit I did on the internet.
View Quote

I'm trying to think how that would get more than a "fuck off" from the Chief to Radical Firearms once it's realized they're being little bitches.

Maybe (hopefully) it did.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So I find it odd that RF went to the place of employment over a review that isn't even on P&S's website...  In fact, the only RF tagged article in the entire website is the one you wrote - https://primaryandsecondary.com/tag/radical-firearms/

Can you shed some light on this?  Also, you say that a Facebook exchange went down.  May we please see that discussion? There are a lot of vague claims with your article and I'm sure everyone would like some facts to back this up.  And telling us to sign up for a Facebook discussion group to boost P&S numbers is not the correct answer.

Edit: The original email from "marketing" is also odd.  Who sends an email begging for a review prior to introducing yourself or your company?  And what marketing person advertises their product for the "financially burdened" (again, even before saying who they are)?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it just me or is it getting a bit shilly in here
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Away we go
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah but P&S never posted a review of RF on their website...  

https://web.archive.org/web/20160825022922/https://primaryandsecondary.com/tag/radical-firearms/

There's NO BAD REVIEW for RF to hunt someone down over.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Radical should feel free to fuck off at his time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#33]
I prefer Totally Tubular Firearms, anyway.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#34]
       RF is shit.  BUT I do question when P&S comes out of nowhere and provides vague click bait.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I really hate that for RF. I spoke on the phone with the owner a couple of years ago and he seemed like a real nice guy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
       RF is shit.  BUT I do question when P&S comes out of nowhere and provides vague click bait.  
View Quote

Out of nowhere, you say?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:57:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I prefer Totally Tubular Firearms, anyway.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I just literally laughed out loud reading that
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#39]
What about their suppressors that I'm sure a few bought before the panic????
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Can someone please link the bad review that RF supposedly got upset over?  Or maybe provide screen shots of the Facebook group that's referenced in the article?  Anyone?  More details?  

I've been a member since the 12th, so it's not like I created this account because of an article posted today and I've used this handle elsewhere online.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I really hope PA drops them. I don't know why Marsh would be associated with them in the first place

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
and now no one will buy their firearms.  morons.

Were people buying them before?

The last time I was at PA picking up my order, I noticed a bin with over a dozen RF barrels being sent back for return to RF. Many had "no gas port" written on the boxes.  Sounds like a headache if those went out to customers and then had to be returned through PA. It's possible PA caught them first but still...what a pain in the ass.  

They probably wanted to help out a local business and work out some deals, but IMHO RF isn't doing them any favors. They do make AR's at s low price point, but seems to be a gamble if you get a good one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Can you do your own internet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can someone please link the bad review that RF supposedly got upset over?  Or maybe provide screen shots of the Facebook group that's referenced in the article?  Anyone?  More details?  

I've been a member since the 12th, so it's not like I created this account because of an article posted today and I've used this handle elsewhere online.

Can you do your own internet?

The bad review that P&S claims they did isn't on their website and I'm not hunting all over facebook for a conversation.  If someone can immediately find it, that would be great.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hold up a hood, prop open a door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crap, I bought two of their barrels for 99 bucks each from Primary Arms a week ago.  Wonder if they will hold up?

Hold up a hood, prop open a door.

No shit.  Looks like I'll be calling Primary Arms when I get home to do a return.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#46]
My favorite part is the part where Radical says that they accidentally sent one of their normal quality guns, instead of a special review gun made with better parts and checked by a gunsmith after assembly to find any errors...
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#47]
I've come for the fuckery, fuck bucketness, and all around assholery.

But no really, I got a RF FGS Upper on a PSA lower, only issue I've had with the rifle so far is the gas rings in the PSA BCG go bad under 800 rounds.

But yea thats a bit of a move only a class act fuck bucket would pull....
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#48]
A buddy of mine won some contest they did for local LEOs on the book of faces. I told him to be vary and I'd gladly check it out for him before he qualifies with it. Its still in his safe...

As tempting as their prices are, no thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That's some class A cowardly shit right there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

It appears the review was never posted, the reviewer tried to run his complaints by RF first. RF tried to pull a fast one and switch out the sketchy rifle with another to avoid a bad review.
Going after the reviewer in person at their workplace was way over the line.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top