Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2016 6:33:40 PM EDT
Searched Penn and Jillette with no responses, so I'm thinking this won't be a dupe.

AAnyway, A Penn Jillette video showed up on my youtube homepage so I figured, why not?

Topics included Libertarianism, Trump, and FHRC and I figured, this is Jillette.  Ought to be entertaining, right?

At around the ten minute mark, I had to stop the video and rewind.  Check it out starting at around 9:58, where he describes HRC.  He says that "we know that, essentially, she's a good, honest person."

Wait, WAT? Has he had a stroke that I haven't heard about?

Up until seeing this, I had a great deal of respect for this man. That ship has done sailed.  I wonder if it'll turn out later that he's gotten some sort of warning regarding the health of his family?

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Penn is a Giant "L" libertarian. This we know. Him moderating the debates would be your first clue if you didnt.

We also know.

1. Hes a huge Johnson supporter.

2. He hates Trump on a personal level from doing Trumps stupid TV show.

3. Penn is a hardcore peacenik/ pacifist

4. Hes a strong capitalist

Is Penn a Hillary supporter or backer or whatever? Hardly. He has met Trump and spent an extended amount of time getting to know him on and off camera, and truly believes Trumps a bad person. On many, many levels. Ive never met Trump but I have met Penn and and can say with certainty if you wanted him to clarify what his position on Hillary is just shoot him an email and ask. He a good, nice, honest guy. Maybe to a fault. Chances are high he'd respond.

I like Penn but me and him differ politically on hes a borderline pie eyed hippie. Just like what I disagree on with most Big "L" Libertarians. But thats also what makes Penn special is hes unique and doesnt give a rats ass about fitting in with anyone or any group. Penns gonna do Penn and no one else. And has became a millionaire on that principle. So is he wrong? I dunno but try asking him if you care.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know who they are I thoufgt sean penn no surprise that guy eats dicks by the train load.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Penn is a Giant "L" libertarian. This we know. Him moderating the debates would be your first clue if you didnt.

We also know.

Is Penn a Hillary supporter or backer or whatever? Hardly. He has met Trump and spent an extended amount of time getting to know him on and off camera, and truly believes Trumps a bad person. On many, many levels. Ive never met Trump but I have met Penn and and can say with certainty if you wanted him to clarify what his position on Hillary is just shoot him an email and ask. He a good, nice, honest guy. Maybe to a fault. Chances are high he'd respond.

I like Penn but me and him differ politically on hes a borderline pie eyed hippie. Just like what I disagree on with most Big "L" Libertarians. But thats also what makes Penn special is hes unique and doesnt give a rats ass about fitting in with anyone or any group. Penns gonna do Penn and no one else. And has became a millionaire on that principle. So is he wrong? I dunno but try asking him if you care.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We also know.

I can agree with most of that.  I remember seeing him speak to his hatred of Trump, so I can see where he'd be skewed against him.  That's not the issue.

My issue is with the whole segment where he's describing FHRC.  Good, honest person?  He also concedes that she knows better how to lead.  Listen to that segment.  Why should I email him to clarify a position he states quite succinctly?  He either reaffirms it, which lead to my no longer respecting him, or he contradicts it, which means he lied about it, leading me to no longer respect him.

He might well be a great and wonderful guy.  Heretofore, I appreciated his ability to get to the root of things and call them out.  But his description of FHRC is like an alternate universe kind of wrong.  I'd have suspected it of being parody if he hadn't been so serious in the rest of the video.

Quoted:
I don't know who they are I thoufgt sean penn no surprise that guy eats dicks by the train load.

He's the Penn from Penn & Teller.  The guys who did the "Bullshit" series on cable.  Stand up magician, staunch Libertarian and atheist.  A guy whom I'd previously thought (aside from the atheism) had his head screwed on pretty straight.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
OP did you actually watch the entire video?  Because I did.

Please tell me exactly where in the video he says he backs HRC over Trump.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I can agree with most of that.  I remember seeing him speak to his hatred of Trump, so I can see where he'd be skewed against him.  That's not the issue.

My issue is with the whole segment where he's describing FHRC.  Good, honest person?  He also concedes that she knows better how to lead.  Listen to that segment.  Why should I email him to clarify a position he states quite succinctly?  He either reaffirms it, which lead to my no longer respecting him, or he contradicts it, which means he lied about it, leading me to no longer respect him.

He might well be a great and wonderful guy.  Heretofore, I appreciated his ability to get to the root of things and call them out.  But his description of FHRC is like an alternate universe kind of wrong.  I'd have suspected it of being parody if he hadn't been so serious in the rest of the video.
He's the Penn from Penn & Teller.  The guys who did the "Bullshit" series on cable.  Stand up magician, staunch Libertarian and atheist.  A guy whom I'd previously thought (aside from the atheism) had his head screwed on pretty straight.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We also know.

Quoted:

I dunno man. I cant answer for Penn. Only he can.

My guess? He knows Donald Trump is a shitty person. He dislikes both R and D. Sees absolutely no difference. So he somehow thinks out of two shitty people of equal repugnance, Hillary is a slightly less shitty person (and maybe slightly more inline with some of his hippie views). Just a wild guess though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#6]
A HUGE Johnson supporter hahahaha ya don't say?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]
He's sorta stuck on himself.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We also know.

Quoted:

I've spent 2 hours with Penn backstage at his show. I agree with Spent_Casing's assessment. Penn does not support Hillary, but he doesn't like Trump.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
This election is a game of Russian roulette.

You are given a choice of playing with either a revolver or a magazine fed semi-automatic.

Yup, that is what is boils down to.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Penn Jillette: <Long, nuanced talk about the candidates.>
OP: He done said he's one of dem dere Hillary supporters!

Nuance is for faggots, I guess.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#11]
OP is on glue...or needs attention.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Penn Jillette: <Long, nuanced talk about the candidates.>
OP: He done said he's one of dem dere Hillary supporters!

Nuance is for faggots, I guess.
View Quote

I didn't see a lot of nuance.  I saw Penn talk about FHRC being a good and honest person and proceed to talk about what a shitlord Trump is.  In a 3 way race between Johnson, Trump, and Clinton, that amounts to supporting Clinton.  

As for who's on glue, in what world does a rational person NOT on it call Hillary Good or honest?  Particularly AFTER admitting that she's lied (although he claims she's lied less than others)

At best, this is him allowing his hatred for Trump to cloud his judgement.  At worst, well, he may not ever have done drugs, but maybe he's been doing some industrial cleaning.

Personally, I'm not a big Trump fan.  He's 2 rungs above FHRC at best, but she's definitely neither honest, nor good, and I find it difficult to believe that Jillette can't see that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top