BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is really the only redeeming feature.

Weight, low capacity, fucky grip safety, can be unreliable if you don't stick to the original USGI specs, .45 doesn't do anything a modern 9mm hollowpoint won't, etc.

*shrug*

I used to carry 1911s.

I carry 9mm Glocks now.     With a decent trigger job the Glock trigger more than gets the job done.

Are they as fun to shoot at paper targets on a one-way range?  No, the 1911 with its glass rod trigger is best for target shooting in large calibers.    

For self-defense?  I won't carry one again (unless forced to through necessity).

They are obsoleted by more modern handguns.    Anyone who says otherwise is selling something or is stuck in the past.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Best trigger hands down.

This is really the only redeeming feature.

Weight, low capacity, fucky grip safety, can be unreliable if you don't stick to the original USGI specs, .45 doesn't do anything a modern 9mm hollowpoint won't, etc.

*shrug*

I used to carry 1911s.

I carry 9mm Glocks now.     With a decent trigger job the Glock trigger more than gets the job done.

Are they as fun to shoot at paper targets on a one-way range?  No, the 1911 with its glass rod trigger is best for target shooting in large calibers.    

For self-defense?  I won't carry one again (unless forced to through necessity).

They are obsoleted by more modern handguns.    Anyone who says otherwise is selling something or is stuck in the past.

Please explain what makes a 1911 style obsolete.

Nick

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If you follow the analogy, yes you did say value/lack of replacements/rarity keeps people from using them.  The red, you got right, but you certainly made the comparison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, I don't.
1911's are an in credibly popular platform.

Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of guys own and love old muscle cars 1911s but still drive a modern SUV or truck carry a glock to work.

Terrible analogy. The only reason one wouldn't drive their muscle car carry their 1911 everyday would be they don't want to wear out something that isn't made anymore, and lack of things like AC and a CD player rails and mag capacity.

If you follow the analogy, yes you did say value/lack of replacements/rarity keeps people from using them.  The red, you got right, but you certainly made the comparison.

Sigh. You saying I said that doesn't make it so. I spacificly said it is not a relevant analogy.
And your little inserts are incorrect.

1911's obviously are still being made.
People do carry them every day
There are plenty of "modern" guns with the same capacity as the 1911 including the ever more perfect glocks!
And oh look, rails!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Glock kids keep saying that, but fail to back it up. Outclassed how? Other then mag capacity, where is the 1911 outclassed by anything?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1911 and .45ACP killed many enemies of the United States

So has malaria. So what?

Truth is its just a classic design. JMB was a genius and designed a fine gun. No arguing that. They're often a joy to shoot.  Modern versions have evolved into very capable handgun.

Also true is the fact that they are heavy, short on capacity and are known for sometimes being finicky. That's to say nothing of their typical premium price tag.

Objectively speaking from a purely performance based standpoint the 1911 is outclassed by a large never of more modern designs.

Despite all that there is still something to be said for the classics. 1911 is a fine gun. I enjoy owning and shooting onw myself.

Glock kids keep saying that, but fail to back it up. Outclassed how? Other then mag capacity, where is the 1911 outclassed by anything?

Well mag capacity is a huge factor but that aside there are pistols that are also lighter weight, more reliable, less expensive, easier to manufacture. To name a few factors.

Look don't get butt hurt. 1911s are awesome. But take away the history of the design, the JMb worship, the appeal of its classic design and look strictly at performance and there is no debating that there are a lot of guns that do most things better than a 1911 does and typically for less $.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well mag capacity is a huge factor but that aside there are pistols that are also lighter weight, more reliable, less expensive, easier to manufacture. To name a few factors.

Look don't get butt hurt. 1911s are awesome. But take away the history of the design, the JMb worship, the appeal of its classic design and look strictly at performance and there is no debating that there are a lot of guns that do most things better than a 1911 does and typically for less $.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So has malaria. So what?

Truth is its just a classic design. JMB was a genius and designed a fine gun. No arguing that. They're often a joy to shoot.  Modern versions have evolved into very capable handgun.

Also true is the fact that they are heavy, short on capacity and are known for sometimes being finicky. That's to say nothing of their typical premium price tag.

Objectively speaking from a purely performance based standpoint the 1911 is outclassed by a large never of more modern designs.

Despite all that there is still something to be said for the classics. 1911 is a fine gun. I enjoy owning and shooting onw myself.

Not butthurt at all. Im laughing my ass off at the blind haters.
There are many reasons I carry a 1911 on duty. Nostalgia is not one of them. Reliability and performance are.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#6]
How did I miss this, oh well, better late than never.
Because they are fuckin awesome.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
RickOshay's Rules For Success For Shooting A 1911:

1.  Start with at least a medium quality pistol:  Colt, Springfield, Ruger, S&W, MilSurp in good order - or better.
2.  Pistol should be clean and lubed
3.  With good springs - replace these in a used pistol or if there is any doubt - they are cheap.
4.  If a modern pistol, replace critical parts fabricated by metal injection molding with tool steel or spring steel parts, well fitted.
5.  Pistol should be broken in - at least 300 rounds through it.  Any faults corrected.
6.  At least average quality ammunition, or better, previously demonstrated to function well in your pistol and magazines.
7.  Equip with at least medium quality (Checkmate, MecGar, Novak, GENUINE G.I surplus) or better  (CMC PowerMag, Wilson, etc.) magazines that are:
    A.  Clean - You DO know how to disassembel and clean a fixed base mag - right?
    B.  LIGHTLY lubricated - just wipe the spring, folloer, inside of mag body with an oiled path - too much oil can kill primers.
    C.  Known to function in this pistol, with this ammo

IF you follow those guidelines, I bet your 1911 will run just fine to the end of whatever class you are taking.

Also, these guidelines are pretty good for ANY semi-automatic pistol.

Now, if you show up at a class with a pistol you haven't broken in, or cleaned, with "Gun Show Special G.I. suplus"  (FAKE) magazines, or even quality mags that have never been cleaned and lubed, because you don't know how to take it apart, or even worse, YOU PUT THE SPRING IN WRONG, or has a weak spring, and try to feed it a brand of ammo you have never checked in that gun - yeah, you might not make it to the end of the class.

Ask me how I know ....  
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#8]
You've never fired one.

That's like a virgin asking why sex is so great.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
RickOshay's Rules For Success For Shooting A 1911:

1.  Start with at least a medium quality pistol:  Colt, Springfield, Ruger, S&W, MilSurp in good order - or better.
2.  Pistol should be clean and lubed
3.  With good springs - replace these in a used pistol or if there is any doubt - they are cheap.
4.  If a modern pistol, replace critical parts fabricated by metal injection molding with tool steel or spring steel parts, well fitted.
5.  Pistol should be broken in - at least 300 rounds through it.  Any faults corrected.
6.  At least average quality ammunition, or better, previously demonstrated to function well in your pistol and magazines.
7.  Equip with at least medium quality (Checkmate, MecGar, Novak, GENUINE G.I surplus) or better  (CMC PowerMag, Wilson, etc.) magazines that are:
    A.  Clean - You DO know how to disassembel and clean a fixed base mag - right?
    B.  LIGHTLY lubricated - just wipe the spring, folloer, inside of mag body with an oiled path - too much oil can kill primers.
    C.  Known to function in this pistol, with this ammo

IF you follow those guidelines, I bet your 1911 will run just fine to the end of whatever class you are taking.

Also, these guidelines are pretty good for ANY semi-automatic pistol.

Now, if you show up at a class with a pistol you haven't broken in, or cleaned, with "Gun Show Special G.I. suplus"  (FAKE) magazines, or even quality mags that have never been cleaned and lubed, because you don't know how to take it apart, or even worse, YOU PUT THE SPRING IN WRONG, or has a weak spring, and try to feed it a brand of ammo you have never checked in that gun - yeah, you might not make it to the end of the class.

Ask me how I know ....  
View Quote

Good advice:
Took 2 day tac pistol class with 1911 about 2 years ago, only one in class with one.
Instructor mentioned after day 2 that I was one of very few that came with a functioning 1911 and had no issues.
I kinda know them, do my own mods, and like to tinker with em.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sigh.....there are polymer 1911's, tho that is not really an improvement. There are also double stack 1911's.
There are plenty of quality 1911's for under 1k.
There is nothing that a glock has over a 1911 besides capacity.
If you want to do a car analogy, a 1911 would be a loaded Silverado and a glock would be a stripped down fleet S10.
One is a refined, reliable work horse with great capability and all the bells and whistles. the other is a no frills bottom of the barrel commuter that any moron should be able use to get from point A to point B. But hay, it's got a plastic floor and crank Windows!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of guys own and love old muscle cars but still drive a modern SUV or truck to work.

Terrible analogy. The only reason one wouldn't drive their muscle car everyday would be they don't want to wear out something that isn't made anymore, and lack of things like AC and a CD player.

You said it's a terrible analogy and then supported my analogy with further evidence.

Muscle cars may be less reliable and lack options. 1911's also lack options like double stack magazines and light weight polymers.
If Stan Chen or Joe Chambers custom hand built me a 20K 1911  I'd be afraid of wearing it out too since parts won't be readily available.

Sigh.....there are polymer 1911's, tho that is not really an improvement. There are also double stack 1911's.
There are plenty of quality 1911's for under 1k.
There is nothing that a glock has over a 1911 besides capacity.
If you want to do a car analogy, a 1911 would be a loaded Silverado and a glock would be a stripped down fleet S10.
One is a refined, reliable work horse with great capability and all the bells and whistles. the other is a no frills bottom of the barrel commuter that any moron should be able use to get from point A to point B. But hay, it's got a plastic floor and crank Windows!

A Glock does nothing better other than hold more rounds? lol
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There are many reasons I carry a 1911 on duty. Nostalgia is not one of them. Reliability and performance are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So has malaria. So what?

If you cared about reliability and performance you'd get a real gun.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

i'm glad to hear you are coming to your senses!
my 1911 has outperformed many glocks and sigs, welcome to the club
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reading is hard isn't it.

There is nothing a 1911 does better than modern guns except the trigger and nostalgia.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm not going to debate pros and cons with folks here, but this is coming from a shooter with over 20 years of experience and a gunsmith with over 10 years experience.    

1911s are cantankerous pains in the ass, they are finicky, and they are obsolete compared to the current handguns available today.  Anyone who thinks that they are still a viable weapon system that one would actually USE to protect one's life needs to do a serious reality check.

The above being said, I love 1911s, I love to shoot them, I love the way that they feel in my hand.  I like the way they look, I like the way that they fit together.  They are pieces of artwork, unlike the form following function polymer guns that are made and used today.  

They are also a wonderful part of the history of this country, having served in more conflicts than any other firearm.

In short, 1911s are great, just don't depend on them to save you, there are better options.

View Quote

I've got 30 years of experience shooting the 1911, and sorry, but that's fucking retarded. I've relied on one as a primary defense weapon for more than a decade. Thousands of rounds, not a single failure. Couldn't say that about the Glock that I sold.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#15]
If you have to ask, it just shows, you have not yet had the experience.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Both my 5" and my 3.5" 1911 are running 100%, and have since the beginning.

As well, they have proven to repeatedly shoot POA->POI with anything 200-230 gr.

So, reliablity 100%, performance, repeatable and consistant.

What am I missing here?

Is tupperware 125% reliable?

Are the rounds self-guiding, or do they curve around obsticles to hit my target?

I am really failing to see what a glock brings to the table.

If you prefer glocks, fine.

Shoot them to your heart's content and I won't knock your choice FOR YOU.

Why do you seem unable to extent the same courtesy to anyone else?

Nick

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There is nothing a 1911 does better than modern guns except the trigger and nostalgia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glocks come apart when you hit people with them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

prove it. there is nothing your "modern" gun does better then the 1911
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#19]
For 'serious' use?  Too heavy, too few rounds, grip is too deep, grip safety is a useless "feature" that interferes with holding the gun.

For fun at the range?  Tune one up to run well, with a good trigger, and it'll be the most fun hour you've ever had shooting plate racks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

had a guy at a training a while back with a glock (only one with a glock, everyone else had operators)
couldnt get it to run more then 2 rounds before a stoppage...
must have been the -30f temp
all the 1911's ran perfect
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Capacity.

Weight.

Easier to make.

Reliability.

Ease of maintenance.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Capacity. 1911's come in 14rd'rs, glock are now coming in single stacks.

Weight. Non-issue,weight makes the weapon more controllable, faster followups

Easier to make. No

Reliability. No

Ease of maintenance.  No
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easier to make. No

Reliability. No

Ease of maintenance.  No

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#23]
No.

No.

YES.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easier to make. No

Reliability. No

Ease of maintenance.  No

Those are valid reasons why a Glock is a better fighting tool than a 1911. A heavy ass 1911 that holds 7 rounds is an issue, it's not as easy to carry and a Glock that holds 17 rounds is still lighter. No one who carries a 1911 is walking around with a 14 rd double stack 2011 and the single stack Glocks are subcompact guns. just because you dismiss what I said doesn't mean I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:49:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1911's come apart when you shoot them.

I'm pretty sure I still have a plunger tube from one and part of a slide stop from another in low earth orbit somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Those are valid reasons why a Glock is a better fighting tool than a 1911. A heavy ass 1911 that holds 7 rounds is an issue, it's not as easy to carry and a Glock that holds 17 rounds is still lighter. No one who carries a 1911 is walking around with a 14 rd double stack 2011 and the single stack Glocks are subcompact guns. just because you dismiss what I said doesn't mean I'm wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Easier to make. No

Reliability. No

Ease of maintenance.  No

Again.

Why. Do. You. Care?

Does Aston Glock personally give you a BJ every time you rail against us poor ignorant schlubs?

Give it a rest.

Nick

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#27]
What kind of limp wristed little women are you that say a 1911 is too heavy?

Bunch of fucking Nancy's.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Again.

Why. Do. You. Care?

Does Aston Glock personally give you a BJ every time you rail against us poor ignorant schlubs?

Give it a rest.

Nick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:]

Again.

Why. Do. You. Care?

Give it a rest.

Nick

All that is required for derp to triumph is good men to do nothing.

Left unhindered this kinda stuff costs me money - like my tax dollars to the Colt M45 contract.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Again.

Why. Do. You. Care?

Give it a rest.

Nick

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easier to make. No

Reliability. No

Ease of maintenance.  No

Again.

Why. Do. You. Care?

Give it a rest.

Nick

OP asked for opinions about the 1911.

Don't get mad when some people don't like the 1911.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Gun is over 100 years old, still wildly popular. Never understood why people try to narrow it down to what gun is best, be thankful and enjoy all of them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

1) Feels good, isn't bulky.
2) Shoots good round.
3) Can be very accurate.
4) Can have a very nice trigger pull.

Its low capacity, but just another option out there of very good guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what's all the fuss about 1911s? Why are they supposedly gods gift to the world.

Have never fired one, what makes them so awesome over a more modern .45?

1) Feels good, isn't bulky.
2) Shoots good round.
3) Can be very accurate.
4) Can have a very nice trigger pull.

Its low capacity, but just another option out there of very good guns.

This pretty much. Nothing feels like a good 1911.

Also TONS of ways to customize them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#32]
^^^
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Easier to make. No

Reliability. No

Ease of maintenance.  No

A Glock is no more reliable than a properly made 1911. Further, you must be one seriously weak individual if you think "a heavy ass 1911". And for the record, I carry a Govt. model w/an 8rd in the pistol, and 2 10rd mags on my side. Carry it all day without issues. * When not in mil uniform.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

OP asked for opinions about the 1911.

Don't get mad when some people don't like the 1911.
View Quote

Don't get mad when people tell you that you're uninformed and full of horseshit.

Everything you've posted is just that. If you don't like them, that's fine. You don't have to. But don't spread mistruths, bad information, and flat out lies.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They were cool before houses had electricity. Obsolete POS, now.
View Quote

User name is appropriate.  Obsolete? They still fire bullets don't they? They are still sold and carried by hundreds thousands of people. They are not plastic nor do they have high capacity magazines. Yet they are accurate,  slim, easy to shoot and the aftermarket part industry makes a killing selling parts for them. Moreso than the beloved High Power.

Go sit in your rocking chair and clean your glock
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So has malaria. So what?

Mag capacity isn't a problem for someone looking at single stack .45s.

I have a HK45c and it has the same capacity, with a worse trigger (though I still love the gun).
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#37]
If you wanna really get the 1911 crown confused, we need to discuss the one I don't have yet.
It is the sweet and wonderful 9mm 1911
I need to make an excuse to get one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Gun is over 100 years old, still wildly popular. Never understood why people try to narrow it down to what gun is best, be thankful and enjoy all of them.
View Quote

Likely the most correct answer in the thread.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sir, this is GD, calm voices of reason have no place here.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If you wanna really get the 1911 crown confused, we need to discuss the one I don't have yet.
It is the sweet and wonderful 9mm 1911
I need to make an excuse to get one.
View Quote

Everyone I know that has shot one has bought one.

I plan to pick one up eventually, the full size Colt 1991 9mm looks fun, though I really wish they'd make one with adjustable sights.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#41]
There have been a number of posters who hit both high points and low points of the 1911 pattern, but here is MY summary of why a 1911 is held in such high regard.  

My evaluation is based on "shootablility" and ergonomics more than anything else.  To it's credit, the 1911 posseses all of these attributes:

1.  grip angle and size--for MOST shooters, no pistol will point better than a 1911, and the grip is thin enough for small handed persons to manage it well
2.  balance--although the 1911 is relatively heavy, it balances quite well in the hand, making it easy to handle in spite of it's weight
3.  sight radius--long enough to be precise when needed
4.  weight versus power--in spite of shooting a heavy cartridge, the relatively large weight, coupled with the balance, makes shooting a 1911 pleasant, even for those who are recoil averse
5.  user controls--the safety, slide stop, trigger, and magazine release are all in positions that allow most shooters to reach them without upsetting their grip
6.  trigger--as noted before, there is NO autoloading pistol (with the exception of some specialized target models) that feature a better trigger than a 1911

On the debit side of the equation: Yes, it's heavy.  Yes, it does not hold 10 bazillion rounds.  Yes, the original sights sucked.

But when you add all of the above up, THAT is what makes a 1911 a joy to shoot.

The 1911 is not the only pistol out there that has any merit, but there probably is no pistol that is more "shootable" than a 1911.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Electricity didn't get to his neck of the woods till about 1987.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I will say that for me personally, the grip angle and width is perfect for me. Plus their triggers are inherently nice compared to most modern combat pistols. It just adds up to a really nice platform that I shoot really well with.

Accuracy and .45 ACP are one hell of a combination.
View Quote

Old fashioned 3-gun bullseye shoots a 1911 at 50 YARDS.
One handed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If you're a 1911 fanatic and cannot laugh at this, you seriously need to log off and reflect.

https://youtu.be/iVkOcVEvpF4
View Quote

I actually feel like I wasted a few minutes of my life watching that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Nick

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nick

Sure! Every 1911 thread should start with this ->

Quoted:

"We have pistols that have over 100,000 rounds"

"We go through approximately 150,000-180,000 rounds combined of 9mm, .45, .50AE, .500S&W, .38 Special, .380 and 9mm Makarov each month."

"I can tell you that even though I am not a "Glock guy", it is the most reliable handgun in our inventory and I would trust it with my life. We use Gen1-Gen4 17's on the line and they are the most hassle-free handgun we have... It would be fair to say that they get at least 100,000 rounds before cracking.""

Link: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/160140_High_round_count_pistols__100_000___observations.html

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#50]
All the people saying get the glock because you can fire 200,000 rounds of ammo through it without a hitch.

Ive never met anyone in my life who can afford $70,000 worth of ammo. Apparently all the glock folks can, and do though
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top