Hmmm.....  

A dueling tree?

G40 for the win.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
The most important ability of a defensive pistol is to put accurate, effective, rounds on target as fast as possible.

How one could say the 1911 is obsolete in that regard is beyond me.

I would propose anyone who says another handgun is BETTER than the 1911 should be able to prove it on a dueling tree, right?

Given equal skill, a 1911 against a crunchenticker out of the leather, first one to lock up the tree would be the best handgun at getting lead on target the fastest.

I know which pistol I'd bet on.
Hmmm.....  

A dueling tree?

G40 for the win.

While I am a huge 10mm fan, no way unless you're gonna shoot to destroy the tree itself.
Unless you are shooting really mild loads, the recovery time between shots vs the 45 will make you lose.
Even with my big ass buff arms
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

While I am a huge 10mm fan, no way unless you're gonna shoot to destroy the tree itself.

Unless you are shooting really mild loads, the recovery time between shots vs the 45 will make you lose.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The most important ability of a defensive pistol is to put accurate, effective, rounds on target as fast as possible.

I would propose anyone who says another handgun is BETTER than the 1911 should be able to prove it on a dueling tree, right?

Given equal skill, a 1911 against a crunchenticker out of the leather, first one to lock up the tree would be the best handgun at getting lead on target the fastest.

Hmmm.....  

A dueling tree?

G40 for the win.

My G24 owns dueling trees.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/2u2R4e2.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/2u2R4e2.jpg

I see, you meant Glock  40cal...not Glock 40  10mm.
40 sucks, how many times we gotta do this ??
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
They're very good fighting handguns.  I carried one for 23 years as a duty weapon.  They're accurate and reliable unless you do some kind of idiotic gun magazine fad modification to them.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm.....  

A dueling tree?

G40 for the win.

Id say its more dependent on the shooter.

I know I can draw and shoot 2 rounds just as fast and accurate with a beretta or a glock. That includes taking the saftey off and shooting the first shot DA with the beretta.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1911 fans are Batle Rifle fans.  

Their mindset is "I turn cover into concealment", "I can reach out to 1,000 yards and dominate the battlefield", "so what if my rifle weighs 20lbs, I can hit you further".

The battle rifle from the start was an outdated and idiotic concept.

The 1911 is a remnant of the gravel belly mindset.

Me, as a .40 S&W favors the idea of a Glock 17 as our duty pistol for the armed forces. Use a 124gr or 147gr +p+ JHP load and be done with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I had to bet on a good shooter with a 1911 or a moron with a 15+1 capacity gun, I would still bet on the guy with more rounds available.
out of

I second that!
People who shoot people for a living did studies and it was suggested through them that capacity has more impact on winning than a lot of other factors.    

Their mindset is "I turn cover into concealment", "I can reach out to 1,000 yards and dominate the battlefield", "so what if my rifle weighs 20lbs, I can hit you further".

Me, as a .40 S&W favors the idea of a Glock 17 as our duty pistol for the armed forces. Use a 124gr or 147gr +p+ JHP load and be done with it.
You cannot possibly be this stupid in assumption. The pistol is secondary to a rifle. My rifle of choice is the AR15, so what's that say about derping about battle rifles?

The battle rifle from the start was dominating bolt action infantrymen who were firing full power service cartridges like the Garand, but that was dumb from the start with you, got it.

The M9 is fine as is, or will you be footing the bill to replace them? Or should we waste more taxpayer money just so you can see what you like in the troops hands? Makes about as much sense as wiping your ass before you poop.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You cannot possibly be this stupid in assumption. The pistol is secondary to a rifle. My rifle of choice is the AR15, so what's that say about derping about battle rifles?

The battle rifle from the start was dominating bolt action infantrymen who were firing full power service cartridges like the Garand, but that was dumb from the start with you, got it.

The M9 is fine as is, or will you be footing the bill to replace them? Or should we waste more taxpayer money just so you can see what you like in the troops hands? Makes about as much sense as wiping your ass before you poop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I second that!
People who shoot people for a living did studies and it was suggested through them that capacity has more impact on winning than a lot of other factors.    

We are continually buying new m9s, parts, etc. It might be cheaper to phase in glocks a little at a time.

Im not saying we should but glock usually puts a pretty sweat package to LE agencys. Dont they buy the guns they are replacing?

I love berettas and dont see a "need" to replace them

Fwiw my go to guns are a high capacity 9 and an M1
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a huge Beretta fan and believe that Uncle Sam shoud stich with the M9. I own five of the fuckers.

As for comparison of the 1911 and the Battle Rifle. It is the mindset of their rabid fans. The 1911 is a complicated, finicky, heavy, low capacity pistol. It is of a bygone era and mindset. As a fancy range blaster it is okay.

As a full time service weapon, even a secondary it is outdated as fuck.

Should we keep the M9? Up.... just start phasing out the busted ones with more M9A1s. If we must replace for the sake of replacement. Just get it over already and get a G17. They are fantastic and do the job.

The rest of the world uses them. Before that it was the Hi-Power. The 1911 was an evolutionary dead end of a design. Barrel bushings, swing links, gip safeties, etc....

I have 1911s. They're fun for the range just like my Top Break S&W Revolvers and Muzzle Loading Rifles. But there is better shit out there.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm a huge Beretta fan and believe that Uncle Sam shoud stich with the M9. I own five of the fuckers.

As for comparison of the 1911 and the Battle Rifle. It is the mindset of their rabid fans. The 1911 is a complicated, finicky, heavy, low capacity pistol. It is of a bygone era and mindset. As a fancy range blaster it is okay.

Should we keep the M9? Up.... just start phasing out the busted ones with more M9A1s. If we must replace for the sake of replacement. Just get it over already and get a G17. They are fantastic and do the job.

The rest of the world uses them. Before that it was the Hi-Power. The 1911 was an evolutionary dead end of a design. Barrel bushings, swing links, gip safeties, etc....

I have 1911s. They're fun for the range just like my Top Break S&W Revolvers and Muzzle Loading Rifles. But there is better shit out there.
View Quote
You're whistling in the wind. I don't understand just why you're too passionately trying to control into what others choose as an EDC or a secondary.

Yes, the 1911 is an old design. Then again Glock's are no spring chicken either and it too has been surpassed yet people like you are clinging to it just as much as you're pointing it out to the 1911 folks.

Pot to kettle soapbox, this thread has it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL.... every time someone is trying to replace it. It bombs.

M&Ps are being ditched left and right. When they first came out they were the Glock Killer. Give it tme and the same will happen with the other new flavors of the week.

Just like folks trying to replace the AR. The AUG, the SCAR, the AR-18, the G36, the FNC, the ACR, the Sig 55x, etc....

Glock is reliable, works, doesn't need to be fucked with, etc.... 17M has a issue out of the gate. Takedown springs are bad. Okay.... shit happens. But a Spring isn't a frame issue like a Colt M45 frame cracking.

I like Glock.... yet I love Berettas and 3rd Gens too. But I understand that in the end. They're all range toys and Glock is the real deal.

Go around the world and talk to any professional. Glock and AR. They don't use 'em because they're the cheapest. They use them because they're the best.

UK SF uses Glock and AR instead of their original designs of the bullpup and Hi-Power. They finally replaced the Hi-Power service wide.

Czech SF, same deal instead of their Bren and CZ.

US Special Forces do the same. Glock instead of 1911s.

The 1911 is a status symbol. It is outdated. It can kill as well today as it did in 1911. But the same goes for the atlatl.

As I said.... me the biggest fan of .40 S&W on this forum.... agrees that 9mm Glock 17 is about the best handgun in the world followed by the G19 for those that like the compacts.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

M&Ps are being ditched left and right. When they first came out they were the Glock Killer. Give it tme and the same will happen with the other new flavors of the week.

Just like folks trying to replace the AR. The AUG, the SCAR, the AR-18, the G36, the FNC, the ACR, the Sig 55x, etc....

Glock is reliable, works, doesn't need to be fucked with, etc.... 17M has a issue out of the gate. Takedown springs are bad. Okay.... shit happens. But a Spring isn't a frame issue like a Colt M45 frame cracking.

I like Glock.... yet I love Berettas and 3rd Gens too. But I understand that in the end. They're all range toys and Glock is the real deal.

Go around the world and talk to any professional. Glock and AR. They don't use 'em because they're the cheapest. They use them because they're the best.

UK SF uses Glock and AR instead of their original designs of the bullpup and Hi-Power. They finally replaced the Hi-Power service wide.

The 1911 is a status symbol. It is outdated. It can kill as well today as it did in 1911. But the same goes for the atlatl.

As I said.... me the biggest fan of .40 S&W on this forum.... agrees that 9mm Glock 17 is about the best handgun in the world followed by the G19 for those that like the compacts.
View Quote

The 1911, when properly made, is one of the finest shooting implements man has ever devised.

The Glock is a bullet throwing machine for the unwashed masses.

Who would fuck Lena Dunham, when they could have a three way with Eva Green and Kate Beckingsale.

Also 40SW is 10mm for girls
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
derp
View Quote
lol, so this is super serious to you, got it.

I've got what I want, it hasn't been replaced and most likely will not. It's also not a Glock

I don't care what others like or don't like. I also do not care what you think is the best either because I honestly don't give two shits about hyped up garbage. But since you're intensely trying to shit into this thread at every opportunity to force feed Glock, I guess I'll have to make this a 1911 carry all day everyday and a house gun month then.

But keep on whistling away in the wind man, it will not change anything.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol...or you could just man up and get a 10mm rather than the 40 Short&Weak  for which you then have to buy +P+ ammo to almost bring it to 10mm levels....
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh the irony.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've got what I want, it hasn't been replaced and most likely will not. It's also not a Glock

I don't care what others like or don't like. I also do not care what you think is the best either because I honestly don't give two shits about hyped up garbage. But since you're intensely trying to shit into this thread at every opportunity to force feed Glock, I guess I'll have to make this a 1911 carry all day everyday and a house gun month then.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
derp

He drank the Glock 40sw coolaid a long time ago.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
derp

He done drank all of it then. I know cops who are issued G22's and a G27 for BU and they prefer to carry a G17 or a G20 after work. I don't understand just why they would carry something else since they can get it replaced easily but they make those faces at me and I let things be armed with the knowledge that they even don't like a 40
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Id say its more dependent on the shooter.
View Quote

I agree, and think "which is faster on a dueling tree given equal skill" is a pretty silly point of comparison anyway.  I'd be faster on a dueling tree with a Open gun (1911 or Glock based) with a dot, comp, a race holster and shooting mouse fart loads than I would be with gun of any brand designed for carry.  Does that mean I should just carry an Open gun?  

In the end, all of the x vs y which is superior when it comes to gun types and brands misses the mark for me.  A skilled and competent shooter should be able to train well enough with any decent gun to use it effectively as a carry gun....1911, Glock, whatever.  I shoot , train, and compete with 1911s, CZs, Glocks and carry any of them depending on various factors (including what I feel like carrying that day).  

Every gun has certain advantages and disadvantages, but the most common disadvantage I see from people that like to argue X brand is superior to Y is that they may be spending more time arguing about their chosen gun than they do shooting it.  

Shoot more, argue about petty shit less.  The more I shoot all of the above, the more I appreciate them all.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
lol...or you could just man up and get a 10mm rather than the 40 Short&Weak  for which you then have to buy +P+ ammo to almost bring it to 10mm levels....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL....

I have a G20 and a G29.

And its non of that pussy "my hands are too small" SF frame shit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
LOL....  

I have a G20 and a G29.

http://i.imgur.com/kRb6LuD.jpg  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL....  

I have a G20 and a G29.

You've redeemed yourself...sort of.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:12:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
LOL....  

I have a G20 and a G29.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL....  

I have a G20 and a G29.

lol
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL....  

I have a G20 and a G29.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah32/308toyota/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160417_1647462_zps2qndl807.jpg

lol

10mm?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

10mm?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL....  

I have a G20 and a G29.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah32/308toyota/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160417_1647462_zps2qndl807.jpg

lol

10mm?

Of course.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:44:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL....  

I have a G20 and a G29.

lol

10mm?

Of course.

Nice!  How many rounds?  I'm looking at the RIA 10mm..

What's not to like about 16+1 rounds of 10mm?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wJOvn25c4aw/hqdefault.jpg
View Quote

It's a single stack, so 9.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:48:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wJOvn25c4aw/hqdefault.jpg

It's a nice looking pistol you have there regardless.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#26]
17 rounds of 10mm awesomeness in a 1911!?

I really want to believe right now in RIA
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I didn't say it's problematic or a defect; the grip safety IS retarded.  JMB only designed it in there to appease US Army tards' specifications.  His early design for the pistol didn't have one, plus many prior and subsequent handgun designs also did not.  Because it's retarded and he knew it.

$650 is expensive for a concealment gun.  You read that part, didn't you?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what's all the fuss about 1911s? Why are they supposedly gods gift to the world.

Have never fired one, what makes them so awesome over a more modern .45?

1) Feels good, isn't bulky.
2) Shoots good round.
3) Can be very accurate.
4) Can have a very nice trigger pull.

Its low capacity, but just another option out there of very good guns.

Good points.  

Downsides, generally speaking, are:

1) Low Capacity (single-stack in a full-size frame )
2) Grip safety mechanism  
3) Gotta spend big bucks (either on an expensive model, or drop money on a gunsmith) to make them reliable  

These downsides don't stop me from owning them, but it will take the 1911 out of serious consideration for a concealment gun.

You're shitting me with the grip safety, right?  You might not personally like it, but its not problematic or a defect.

And your #3 is retarded, as well. Unless you think $650 is expensive.

I didn't say it's problematic or a defect; the grip safety IS retarded.  JMB only designed it in there to appease US Army tards' specifications.  His early design for the pistol didn't have one, plus many prior and subsequent handgun designs also did not.  Because it's retarded and he knew it.

$650 is expensive for a concealment gun.  You read that part, didn't you?  

No one is shitting you about the grip safety.

Here's a link you may have missed; it changed my entire approach to self defense handguns.  This guy's grip safety almost cost him his life:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/988015_My_CCW_Shooting_AAR__Now_with_Moar_Graphic_Pics_on_pg_29_and_30.html
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I just read all 12 pages of this thread. Good Shit. Best part was the 1911 hate video.

These type of threads but always turn into 1911 vs Glock. It's fucking weird. Guess what? you all are forgetting the ever fading revolver.

Ok my brain is pretty heavily soaked with vodka right now but I love all 3. I feel just as well armed with any one of these awesome weapons. I carry my Glock every day, mostly because it's the lightest. If I could have only one gun it would be the model 66. If my penis touched this gun I would have an orgasm. Maybe I am a little bit of a revolver guy even though I love all 3 platforms. When accuracy and penetration matter, the 357 magnum is the gun, not to mention that double action trigger is sex. I love my 1911 but after replacing the recoil spring, mainspring, firing pin spring, barrel link, recoil spring, extractor, hammer, hammer strut, magazine, recoil spring guide, recoil spring, sear, plunger spring, .... in no particular order.......it's still not just right. Maybe after a couple hundred dollars more worth of parts. I love the damn thing, it was my first handgun that I could shoot well. I have spent more time tinkering with it more than any other gun and I've fired it far more than any other gun. As a result I've had more malfunctions but I chalk those up as learning experiences. Either way They all have advantages and disadvantages.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The 1911, when properly made, is one of the finest shooting implements man has ever devised.

Who would fuck Lena Dunham, when they could have a three way with Eva Green and Kate Beckingsale.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this case Dunham is the faithful girl that'll take it in all three holes and drive you to Waffle House when you're done, while Eva and Kate are in a mood, complaining their new drawers don't fit, and certainly aren't going to swallow that.

Me, I'm more concerned with what I'm getting when it counts instead of impressing my buddies with who I have hanging on my side.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

In this case Dunham is the faithful girl that'll take it in all three holes and drive you to Waffle House when you're done, while Eva and Kate are in a mood, complaining their new drawers don't fit, and certainly aren't going to swallow that.

Me, I'm more concerned with what I'm getting when it counts instead of impressing my buddies with who I have hanging on my side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will say I have had this chick and she was totally worth all the mental baggage she drug me through.

Still not marriage material though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:45:06 AM EDT
[#31]
My two, love 'em.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:45:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You're whistling in the wind. I don't understand just why you're too passionately trying to control into what others choose as an EDC or a secondary.

Yes, the 1911 is an old design. Then again Glock's are no spring chicken either and it too has been surpassed yet people like you are clinging to it just as much as you're pointing it out to the 1911 folks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glockaholics can't help themselves.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I just read all 12 pages of this thread. Good Shit. Best part was the 1911 hate video.

These type of threads but always turn into 1911 vs Glock. It's fucking weird. Guess what? you all are forgetting the ever fading revolver.

http://i.imgur.com/r5gonWGg.jpg

Ok my brain is pretty heavily soaked with vodka right now but I love all 3. I feel just as well armed with any one of these awesome weapons. I carry my Glock every day, mostly because it's the lightest. If I could have only one gun it would be the model 66. If my penis touched this gun I would have an orgasm. Maybe I am a little bit of a revolver guy even though I love all 3 platforms. When accuracy and penetration matter, the 357 magnum is the gun, not to mention that double action trigger is sex. I love my 1911 but after replacing the recoil spring, mainspring, firing pin spring, barrel link, recoil spring, extractor, hammer, hammer strut, magazine, recoil spring guide, recoil spring, sear, plunger spring, .... in no particular order.......it's still not just right. Maybe after a couple hundred dollars more worth of parts. I love the damn thing, it was my first handgun that I could shoot well. I have spent more time tinkering with it more than any other gun and I've fired it far more than any other gun. As a result I've had more malfunctions but I chalk those up as learning experiences. Either way They all have advantages and disadvantages.
View Quote

You said that you replaced several parts on your 1911, but did you do it yourself, or have a qualified gunsmith replace them? At a minimum, the hammer and sear that you replaced require hand fitting.

This is one reason why some think that a 1911 isn't reliable; replacing parts that need fitting without doing it, or doing it badly.

Send that 1911 to a gunsmith who knows what he's doing, and they'll make it run flawlessly.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm a Glock guy and carry them daily for work but.....

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:07:06 AM EDT
[#35]
I have a few 1911 firearms.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You said that you replaced several parts on your 1911, but did you do it yourself, or have a qualified gunsmith replace them? At a minimum, the hammer and sear that you replaced require hand fitting.

This is one reason why some think that a 1911 isn't reliable; replacing parts that need fitting without doing it, or doing it badly.

Send that 1911 to a gunsmith who knows what he's doing, and they'll make it run flawlessly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is one reason why some think that the 1911 is obsolete.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That reason, in bold, is precisely why I called the 1911 finicky.  I think most pistols I repair are because bubba saw this video on youtube and wanted to try and install that new safety himself, and got it stuck.  The 1911 is not a forgiving beast either, you try and shove an unfitted part in there, and it might want to stay... to the point that I have to get out the Foredom tool and cut it out.  

Except Kimber... I'm their secondary warranty department it seems, guy sends a pistol off to get fixed three times, then throws his hands up and brings it to me.  Fuck Kimber, I hope they go out of business and the CEO and QC department all end up eating out of dumpsters.  

I think that the fitting required on parts does make them somewhat obsolete, but it also adds to the charm for someone that really understands them.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Shameless bump for a great thread.

9 >45
1911 is a sexy trophy wife
Glock is a chunky girl that is faithful and never complains, even when you fondle the trophy wife.
No matter how hard you try, you'll never have a bbq Glock.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Shameless bump for a great thread.

9 >45
1911 is a sexy trophy wife
Glock is a chunky girl that is faithful and never complains, even when you fondle the trophy wife.
No matter how hard you try, you'll never have a bbq Glock.
View Quote

45 > 9, cause it's 2 years newer, modern hollowpoints like federal HST will expand to like 1in
and 9mm is like, 100 years old brah

But I agree on the next part, Glock is the tit-less 5/10 girl, but she's down for anything, whenever.
3am? You haven't talked to her in a while? She's game.
You saw some freaky stuff on the internet and want to give it a go? She might be down for that too.

1911 is a smokeshow, and she's much better in bed, she really is, the chemistry is just there and you never really find yourself wanting someone different.
3am girl is good, but the smokeshow is great. Maybe you can't quite do eeeverything you want, but she's game for much more than many give her credit for.

If you know how to wine and dine her right, you're fine. Doesn't really have to be all the time, but it's more frequent than 3am girl.
But if you miss too many phone calls, if you're neglectful, you're cut off until things get fixed. If you know what to do/say, it's simple, if you don't, you're screwed
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's always funny to see the guys that love 1911s seem to be the only ones that ever have Glocks or SIGs or HKs that fail out of the box, can't make it through a mag, break after 200 rounds, etc.

Confirmation bias is a hell of a drug.
View Quote

I love 1911s and I've had 8 Glocks and 3 Sigs, they all worked out of the box 100%. I just like 1911s more and the others didnt blow my skirt up enough to change that.

I do like and carry a Beretta 92 Compact on occasion so I guess at least one other pistol does it for me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I love 1911s and I've had 8 Glocks and 3 Sigs, they all worked out of the box 100%. I just like 1911s more and the others didnt blow my skirt up enough to change that.

I do like and carry a Beretta 92 Compact on occasion so I guess at least one other pistol does it for me.
View Quote

In bold:
In keeping up with the last 2 posts, tell us more please.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

In bold:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In bold:

Was just a phrase, I wear pants.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Never seen a Colt that wouldn't take 45 ball and chug it out with the same reliability as any Glock or HK for tens of thousands of rounds.  No need for HP with a round as big as it is, is the consensus.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#44]
You guys make shit too complicated methinks.

The 1911 is accurate and reliable when built correctly. It points easy, shoots softly, and is a very fast gun. It's ergonomically incredible, looks pretty, and has plenty of aftermarket support and 100 years of know how regarding what makes it run, and with good mags it's a damn hard gun to beat.

It's not for everybody, but it performs with the best of them, so I'd be very hard pressed to call it obsolete. I don't think it is at all. It has a modern manual of arms, and lends it self very well to modern shooting techniques. It's also an extremely safe handgun. The negatives are the cost, weight, and capacity. I don't think it's overly complicated either. In fact, it's a pretty damn simple handgun for the most part. I also don't think its super high maintenance. Lube, and spring changes will get you to very high round counts before parts breakages if you're using a good pistol.

A Glock is a fine pistol as well. Light, accurate, reliable, cheap, lots of aftermarket support, don't require fitting parts, decent trigger, and meh ergonomics. It shoots as well as most other handguns.

Both are fine fighting implements. I just prefer a 1911.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Never seen a Colt that wouldn't take 45 ball and chug it out with the same reliability as any Glock or HK for tens of thousands of rounds.  No need for HP with a round as big as it is, is the consensus.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That reason, in bold, is precisely why I called the 1911 finicky.  I think most pistols I repair are because bubba saw this video on youtube and wanted to try and install that new safety himself, and got it stuck.  The 1911 is not a forgiving beast either, you try and shove an unfitted part in there, and it might want to stay... to the point that I have to get out the Foredom tool and cut it out.  

Except Kimber... I'm their secondary warranty department it seems, guy sends a pistol off to get fixed three times, then throws his hands up and brings it to me.  Fuck Kimber, I hope they go out of business and the CEO and QC department all end up eating out of dumpsters.  

I think that the fitting required on parts does make them somewhat obsolete, but it also adds to the charm for someone that really understands them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. I had no idea the DoD had so many gunsmiths in their ranks between 1911 and 1990 to keep such a difficult pistol to service....in service.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I prefer my 1911 over just about anything else I've shot.

I don't care what you carry.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I prefer my 1911 over just about anything else I've shot.

I don't care what you carry.
View Quote

Agreed. I think people focus too much on what others carry and trying to change their minds..
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 2 SR1911s, a Sig 1911 Spartan, and a Norinco.  I have owned 3 RIAs but sold them to friends.

Not one has ever had to have a part fitted and not one has skipped a beat.

In fact, I dropped a Dragon Fire threaded barrel into one of the SR1911s with no fitting and it runs like a top.

That same barrel ran perfectly in one of the RIAs.

This is all with FMJ and JHP.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top