User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 56
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can I get a recap here?

What should I be looking for if I go into Walmart tonight ?

Ruger American rifles and buckshot?

What else could be on clearance?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

I've ran across a few that had Winchester .45 PDX1 defensive ammo for $13/box

One had a ton of 5 round boxes of 12ga slugs for $3.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Add in Mossberg 930 for $299
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can I get a recap here?
Thanks in advance.

Rem 597
Rem 870
Ruger RAR 243, 06, 308
MVP .223
45-70

Random 17 hmr and 22

May need to have the clerk scan the tag to get the price.

$249 at a few stores here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'm just glad they had the .308 left.

and $99 for the .22 magnum is fucking dirt cheap i think, but i'm no .22 mag expert

i still can't believe I put 4 guns on layaway normally about $1,000 for sale price of $540 for only $65....awesome is awesome.
View Quote

It is.

I've never seen a .22 Mag USED for $100, to say nothing about new.

They're still on clearance for $164 around here, which IS a good price, but I'd rather buy one of the .17s, honestly.

If the .22 Mag gets to $99 before the .17s got to $100/150, I guess I'll jump.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You have to ask them to scan it and verify the price.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I checked out my Walmart today, nothing for a good price.

I did on the American in .308 and the B mag.

The scanner said they should be $338 and $267, respectively.

They either haven't gotten the new prices yet or are on a different clearance schedule.

ETA - called another store, that had the .45-70 and I KNOW she scanned that one, because she didn't know what the price was initially and had to call me back. $583

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
So jealous of you guys finding the 45-70s!  Out of the 6 stores I hit today, only 2 even sold guns.  Stupid Denver.

I did get the MVP though, so I can't complain.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Went to my local WM and the girl told me they sold the last .308 this morning, but had another .30-06 in the back in addition to the one on the rack, and two .243s. I came back an hour later having decided to buy one of each..the girl gave me some runaround about how it was too late and the manager didn't like to sell guns this late. It was 6:30. Needless to say, I stood my ground and moved it along ultimately. Yep..I fent.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The other day I got some .44 mag for 19 bucks a box of 50.   My son wants a 3006, so, maybe tomorrow.
View Quote

I got 300 rds of the UMC 44 magnum at that price....

I bought hundreds of rounds of the Winchester PD defender ammo in 40, 45, and 38...  The .38 special was only $6!!!   They only had one box...

I also got the Ruger 30-06 for $199.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I scored an 870 in 20 ga with a rifled barrel with cantilever scope mount. $199 and then I find a $50 rebate on top of it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Any deals on Remington 700's yet?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Shit.  Mine said they are clearing out guns to load up on shotguns for hunting season.  Old man at the counter said they have 120 guns in inventory and only dropped prices $20-50 on any of them.  Could there were more people getting fishing licenses than buying guns today.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting hearing that WM may stop selling guns. I wonder about ammo?

Meh we heard all those rumours here years ago

Shit.  Mine said they are clearing out guns to load up on shotguns for hunting season.  Old man at the counter said they have 120 guns in inventory and only dropped prices $20-50 on any of them.  Could there were more people getting fishing licenses than buying guns today.  

"
I was told by the hippy clerk that Walmart was phasing out all the "Tactical" looking black rifles and rifles with the thumbhole stocks?

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting hearing that WM may stop selling guns. I wonder about ammo?

Meh we heard all those rumours here years ago

Mine had some Henrys, rimfire and centerfire.  I had him scan them just in case.  He said he had just stocked them in.  So they are getting new guns, maybe they are just switching types.  Who knows with Wal-Mart.  All I know is these clearance deals are fun when they happen.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think the consensus is no
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can I get a recap here?
Thanks in advance.

Rem 597
Rem 870
Ruger RAR 243, 06, 308
MVP .223
45-70

Random 17 hmr and 22

May need to have the clerk scan the tag to get the price.

Is it at all possible to get them to price match from another Walmart? Another retailer?

I think the consensus is no

Damn, the only slightly interesting thing as a 870 for $279.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I went to 5 stores today and called 3 others.

I found 2 Marlin 1895's in 45-70 for $299 each. I got both. Plus will send in the $50 rebate on each one. So will have about $260 each in those rifles. Love me some lever action. I will take one of them with me elk hunting this year in Idaho.

I found a Ruger American rifle for $199 and got it. Wanted .308 but all they had was 30-06.

Could not find any good deals on .22 rifles or shotguns in stock. I really need a new .22
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting conversation with one of the Walmart storemanagers. He said that they were clearing out the stock of guns so that they can do a complete overhaul of the gun department. I asked if it was to get rid of it and he said "No, to expand it". So I asked another store and they told me the same thing. They said Walmart was wanting to revamp the gun department for hunting rifles, shotguns, and rimfire rifles and ammo like they used to do. No pistols. They want to bring in a mix of lower priced hunting guns and more expensive brands as well

Heck I even saw some trijicon rifle scopes on display for $700 bucks at one of the stores.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#15]
The stores here in Iowa aren't marking them down either. Must be up to the regional, state or store managers or something.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Where is the link to a rebate on the 45/70?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I picked up 10 Remington 700ADL synthetic rifles (.30-06,.270, .243) and 2 Weatherby Vanguard synthetics 7mm Rem Mag  at my local Wal-Mart 9 years ago.

$200 each.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish the Wal Marts close to me would do that stuff.
No doubt.  I never hear of them doing it here.  

I picked up 10 Remington 700ADL synthetic rifles (.30-06,.270, .243) and 2 Weatherby Vanguard synthetics 7mm Rem Mag  at my local Wal-Mart 9 years ago.

$200 each.

Good god man. That would cause me to Fo like never before. I never get that lucky.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Where is the link to a rebate on the 45/70?
View Quote

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Rebates/rebates_fall2016.asp

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Went scouting at a couple of the Walmarts here in Louisville today. One of them had a some 12ga buckshot on sale (nothing that made me think, "I can't pass that up!") and some 20ga slugs. One had no guns I could find at all, the other had a muzzleloader or two. No rifles, no shotguns, no handguns.  
View Quote

Walmart hasn't sold handguns in 30 years.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks! I just bought a Ruger American in 243 for $199.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went scouting at a couple of the Walmarts here in Louisville today. One of them had a some 12ga buckshot on sale (nothing that made me think, "I can't pass that up!") and some 20ga slugs. One had no guns I could find at all, the other had a muzzleloader or two. No rifles, no shotguns, no handguns.  

They do in Alaska.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jealous.

I probably called 10 WalMarts.  None near me (read: in my immediate city) sell firearms.  Everything outside the city does, so I drove to one and damn they didn't have the lower price.  Next closet that had a 30-06 was 40-minutes away and the woman on the phone didn't want to ring up the price for me.

The store I visited had told me previously they didn't have any Ruger Americans in stock, but I visited and there were 3 magically on the shelf.  Lying sacks of shit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They do in Alaska.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do in Alaska.

Its only been about 15 years since they stopped selling handguns(except Alaska)
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I think this must be a location specific thing.    They had the Ruger Americans marked down at the local walmart, but only to 338.  Not 170 something.   I had the guy scan it just to make sure.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I think this must be a location specific thing.    They had the Ruger Americans marked down at the local walmart, but only to 338.  Not 170 something.   I had the guy scan it just to make sure.
View Quote
When they rang up my second .243 RAR, the guy scanned the hang tag and it showed 338.  I told him it should be 199 so he hit the barcode on the box and it showed up 199.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's the normal price for these guns?  More than $338?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Day:  One

supra
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Must be regional or store based.  Local Walmart to me had a couple rifles marked down 50 bucks but that was it.
All I bought was 15 round value packs of 12ga 00 buck for 7 bucks each.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The stores here in Iowa aren't marking them down either. Must be up to the regional, state or store managers or something.
View Quote

Yes, they are.  At least in Davenport.

I went into two stores and asked the guy at the counter to verify the price by scanning.

At both stores I got pushback because they KNEW the price marked was accurate.

And both times they ended up pissed that the internet knew of price drops before they did.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#30]
What model 870 was $199.  I went to 4 stores and they scanned 7 different models with no joy.

I did get 3 RARs and a 64F, and a store is holding RARs for when their gun gun comes back tomorrow.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

http://i67.tinypic.com/2r5utkj.jpg

supra
View Quote

*jealous*

Damn dude leave some for the rest of us.

Where was this?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
Why can't the state side wally worlds have inventory like that

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just picked up the Marlin 45-70, only one of our four local stores had it marked down and I got their last one.
View Quote

The other stores will have them marked down very soon. Not all the stores are doing the mark downs at the same time
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Searched several counties around me and came up with the last clearance gun left in the area, a Savage 22 mag at $99.  The guy at the counter said people were buying armloads.

It'll make a good Christmas present for the boy.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#35]
MY STORE IN BRADENTON FL HAD THE 45-70 and .22 mag at @540 and $165.00
Manager scanned both.....full price!?!?   I told him other stores had $299 and $99.
He said they got some additional price drops last night, hit a few buttons and rescanned on his
hand scanner.   BINGO!!!!! $299.00 for the BAD ASS 45-70 and Savage .22 mag at $99.

I fent HARD.  Even the wife gave it a thumbs up approval.  Plus $50 rebate on the 45-70.
Buffalo killer!

Quoted:

They either haven't gotten the new prices yet or are on a different clearance schedule.

ETA - called another store, that had the .45-70 and I KNOW she scanned that one, because she didn't know what the price was initially and had to call me back. $583

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I checked out my Walmart today, nothing for a good price.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

supra
View Quote

Achievement Unlocked: Went full neckbeard

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Searched several counties around me and came up with the last clearance gun left in the area, a Savage 22 mag at $99.  The guy at the counter said people were buying armloads.

View Quote
Wonder how it got out so quickly to the masses?  Arfcommers, I understand.  I did not see it in the reddit r/gundeals thread, which is where I feared it would show up.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Holy shit didn't even think to check for rebates. After I picked up my 1895 I sold a 45/70 handi rifle to Cabela's for $150. I'll be out barely over $100 for the 1895
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

They're all marked down.  You just have to ask the clerk to scan it.

None of the price tags locally or the store I went to in Spokane, WA had the prices on the tags but they ARE marked down in the system.

I'm hoping to score an 1895 tomorrow...
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Jealous.

I probably called 10 WalMarts.  None near me (read: in my immediate city) sell firearms.  Everything outside the city does, so I drove to one and damn they didn't have the lower price.  Next closet that had a 30-06 was 40-minutes away and the woman on the phone didn't want to ring up the price for me.

The store I visited had told me previously they didn't have any Ruger Americans in stock, but I visited and there were 3 magically on the shelf.  Lying sacks of shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jealous.

What part of NC are you? I can keep my eyes open for you around Charlotte.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Wonder how it got out so quickly to the masses?  Arfcommers, I understand.  I did not see it in the reddit r/gundeals thread, which is where I feared it would show up.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/S9trYay.jpg?2

Yeah.  I wonder if it got posted over a slickguns or something.  Weird how word got out so fast.  Seems by all accounts the Walmart people didn't even know about it.  Mine was sure as hell surprised.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

supra
View Quote

We need a price and model breakdown now

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Everywhere Ive been the 45-70s are gone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snagged a 45-70 but got a delay

ETA, went to a different Walmart and got a proceed. I guess I'm neckbearding now

Everywhere Ive been the 45-70s are gone.

At 1pm there was one in Woodinville. Call em up
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#44]
ALWAYS ASK THE MANAGER TO CHECK THE "SAFE" AKA
ACTUALL STORE INVENTORY, NOT JUST WHATS OUT IN THE CASE.

BTW the 45-70 is bigger than three .45's stacked end to end!
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:00:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
At the discounted price? Which one?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snagged a 45-70 but got a delay

ETA, went to a different Walmart and got a proceed. I guess I'm neckbearding now
At the discounted price? Which one?  

Both Everett locations. Check Woodinville.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jealous.

Triad area
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#47]
So what model is the .22 mag?  None of the other offers are really scratching my itch now that I got a 45-70

Eta: looking to do little research and see if I want the magnum
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#48]

For what it is worth, I found paperwork in a RAR 30-06 that indicates Walmarts cost (what they paid the distributer) was $313.00  a year ago.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#49]
I understand a gun or two here or there depending upon what deals were still available, but what the hell are you guys going to do with a pile of Ruger Americans?

They're not that interesting.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I understand a gun or two here or there depending upon what deals were still available, but what the hell are you guys going to do with a pile of Ruger Americans?

They're not that interesting.
View Quote

We don't need your negativity...
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top