Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 56
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is a great deal on the Guide version. I would love to get one of those. Changing the forestock is not hard at all. Many videos on youtube that show how to do it. . Congrats on the find. I picked up 2 of them today as well. Now we need a group buy on ammo

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brother and I picked up Marlin 1895's.  Wow, what a steal!  No RAR's, though.  I was hoping for a .308.  One of his buddies went to Wally World in Maine, and texted us saying they had one Guide model of the 1895, but that it was marked $589.  I told him to get back in there and have them scan it.  He did, and got it for $299.  He's a happy dude in black bear country now, for sure.  That's probably the perfect gun for bears up there, as thick as the trees are. They probably rarely get shots past 50 yards, and probably few even that far.  

Thanks OP for the heads up.  This is probably the best deal I'll ever see on a new gun.  Btw, the walnut stock on mine has absolutely gorgeous wood grain.  The forestock, though is so-so.  My brother's stock matches the forestock on mine, and his forestock grain matches my stock.  He offered to give me his forestock to finish the look.  Are those hard to remove?

That is a great deal on the Guide version. I would love to get one of those. Changing the forestock is not hard at all. Many videos on youtube that show how to do it. . Congrats on the find. I picked up 2 of them today as well. Now we need a group buy on ammo

I got 2 earlier today as well. Group buy sounds good to me
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone decided to get angry at the manager at Walmart in Cedar Rapids and put the 4570 on hold and then never come back up so now we have to wait another 24 hours before they will let someone buy it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Someone decided to get angry at the manager at Walmart in Cedar Rapids and put the 4570 on hold and then never come back up so now we have to wait another 24 hours before they will let someone buy it.
View Quote

I'd ask or seek out another member of management
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No dice. Had another manager come over same story. He had already filled out the background check which rest the holdup I think.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Just picked up a RAR .308 for $199 at the Salem, NH Wal-Mart

Guy said he has more, but wouldn't tell me how many.

They also have .243.  I didn't ask about 30-06.

Guy also said that threads like his make his job suck.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Scored this yesterday
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be my first thought as well but it is Walmart aafter all.

It may seem like overkill but why not contact the district manager? A 5 minute call could go a long way.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Meh... Mine had a couple of 22's marked down to $54. Good price, but they were pretty cheap models anyway. I don't need another problem child. There was also a mossberg shotgun marked down to $198. Decent price, but again, nothing I had to have. It was kinda like 1/2 priced sex with an ugly whore. If you really needed it, it was there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]
In PA - checked 3 walmarts.
2 were sold out already.
The third had some of the guns everyone is buying but none marked down.  Had the counter guy scan a handful and all were full price, called the manager over showing him the pictures from this thread with the receipts trying to do a price match and no dice.  He had not heard anything about the clearance pricing of those guns.

No fun for me
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#10]
They had a ton of springer air rifles on sale, if you're into springers. Meh...
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
2 were sold out already.
The third had some of the guns everyone is buying but none marked down.  Had the counter guy scan a handful and all were full price, called the manager over showing him the pictures from this thread with the receipts trying to do a price match and no dice.  He had not heard anything about the clearance pricing of those guns.

No fun for me
View Quote

Where in PA?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Fent on a 308 this morning. Marked at $378 and scanned at $338. I told the department manager that I'd been there on Friday and yesterday and was waiting for the big mark-down. She checked her little hand-held thing for mark-downs and viola! $199.  She told me that the new pricing was apparently pushed from corporate on Thursday night and apparently none of the other managers checked it.  Got the 308, the last 5 boxes of ZQI at $9.97 each and two 100-round boxes of Remington 138 grain SJHP 357 at $30 each. Pretty good haul!

If anyone in NEPA is looking, the Dickson City Walmart has RAR 308/30-06/243 in stock, but no Marlins.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#13]
RAR still $338 at my WM
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Where in PA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 were sold out already.

No fun for me

Where in PA?

This, etter, Elizabethville and I belive York all have them marked down if not gone already. I was first I need line at 10, 7 behind me in line "all had neck beards but one fyi"
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I just got the .243 for $199.  Great deal, but no clue why I bought it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I hate you guys. Fent back and got a .45-70. Same two sales guys, Co-Manager and Assistant Manager. Going to send an email to corporate giving them a pat on the back. 100% painless, good dudes.

My wife is a good woman. She calls me stupid, but most only when I pass on good gun deals. She told me to get off my ass and go get one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just got the .243 for $199.  Great deal, but no clue why I bought it.
View Quote

Because you don't need it but didn't want to miss out on the fun.

I missed the $500 6920s last year. One of the Walmarts near me had a mini 14 ranch rifle. I crossed my fingers and asked for a price check but no dice. None of the other guns are on sale yet there either so I'll be checking back soon.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Anybody got pics and info of the savage 22wm?

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Got the last savage model 64f this morning in western PA.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I got delayed last night on my bg check. Just found out my local Walmart won't sell the gun until they get an approval. If they don't hear back in 30 days then I'll have to go back and do another bg check.

ETA: my name is spelled really different and I highly doubt anyone has the same name spelled like mine. I also gave my ss# thinking I won't get delayed but I did. I get delayed everytime I buy a firearm.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Just picked up a 45-70 and Ruger .243 at the sale price.  May go back - the store I'm shopping at hasn't been touched by "mark-down maniacs".  
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I got delayed last night on my bg check. Just found out my local Walmart won't sell the gun until they get an approval. If they don't hear back in 30 days then I'll have to go back and do another bg check.
View Quote

Aren't they required to provide an answer withing 72 hours?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes but walmart has restrictive policies.

The manager at one said something was the law and I corrected her. We were talking later and she said "it's the law," but corrected herself and said it's walmart policy.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The manager at one said something was the law and I corrected her. We were talking later and she said "it's the law," but corrected herself and said it's walmart policy.  

In Kansas if you have CHL, no NCIC is necessary I was told.
Walmart does have you do one for their policy, but don't call it in. They do take a copy of your CHL and staple it to 4473 for their records.
I was in and out in 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#26]

My local store said they had two Marlin's but a quick inventory check revealed there were none in stock. I was reluctant but ready to buy the Mossburg 930 that they did have when I asked the clerk if he would call the store in Bonner Spring and check their inventory. Eureka! They have one in stock and it is now safe with me in its new home.  Between the Leavenworth and Bonner stores there were several RAR's to pick from and the one Mossburg 930. Thanks OP and to all that kept this thread going long enough for me to see it. This was a really good deal and I'm glad to have gotten in on it.

[/URL]

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is a synthetic stocked bolt action with a 5 round magazine
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I went back to one of the local stores. Their computers are still down for background checks. So they could not sell any guns.

They had a Mossberg 500 12ga marked down to $254 and a couple Remington 870 shotguns at $200-250 depending on gauge and barrel length. No .22s marked down. Still had 2 Rugers but could not sell them
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Walmart does have you do one for their policy, but don't call it in. They do take a copy of your CHL and staple it to 4473 for their records.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must depend on the store. The one I worked at wouldn't take CHLs. I always got delayed and that was one of the reasons I got a CHL. No chain store will take mine.
Went to a walmart in central KS - they didn't have any ZQI or any of these clearance guns :/
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Is there a way to determine online which walmart locations sell firearms?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Drove around all morning, used up half a tank of gas but finally nailed a 45-70.

Have no need for it, will never shoot it due to cost of ammo and no place to do so and the fact that I love safe queens, but I wanted it and so it be.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I looked on the website and couldn't find anything. I ended up calling the locations within 20-30 miles and asked if they sold firearms.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#33]
SEPA Wal Mart today:

RAR .308 for $199

and

Marlin .45-70 for $299

took about 3 hours though

Warrington, PA for those in the area and they had around 6 more of the RAR in .30-06 and maybe another .308.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I looked on the website and couldn't find anything. I ended up calling the locations within 20-30 miles and asked if they sold firearms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Download app, search term gun in stores inventory. Should show at least one on a Isle if so. Made it easier than calling the idiots working there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Just grabbed the last Ruger American in .30-06 for $192 out the door. I was hoping for a .308 but they were gone. Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I really want one of those 45-70s. A neckbeard bought them all out yesterday. I did pick up a Ruger American 243 for $199. I have been kinda interested in 243 it should make a nice rifle for walking around when I don't want to carry my bull barrel Remington 700.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Well I got the Marlin had to visit two stores. The second one everything was still full price. I looked the Marlin over and asked the guy to scan it and it came up full price $589. I said it should be on sale for 299 and the manager kind of laughed and said there's no way. I told him I could show him pics of reciepts and asked him to scan the box with his hand held thing. It came up $299 he was like
I was like

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, I decided to drive over to a local Walmart after church and look around.................lo and behold, they had the RAR, the Savage rifles and one Marlin 1895.............and I know I had no need for it, but I brought the last Marlin they had home...........and this site is the reason I have no money
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Well I'm the proud owner of 2 guns I never would have bought if they weren't on clearance. A RAR in .30'06 and a Marlin 1895. It was the only 06 left at one store and the only 1895 at another.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You fent harder than me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Day:  One

http://i67.tinypic.com/2r5utkj.jpg

supra

You fent harder than me.

Holy crap. Some of y'all spend your money in weird ways.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Glad you guys are doing so well.  My store doesn't even stock ruger Americans.  But, they do stock a Moss berg 20 gauge bolt action slug gun.
View Quote

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu-dd
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#42]
I almost always miss the deals.
First walmart I went to in GA,  had the RAR in .308.
Was marked $338, she scanned with the hand held it said $338.
She had to literally print a new tag for it to come up $199.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#43]
My Walmart said no way

Showed the receipt pic

Sorry no way
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#44]
So the 45-70 is still on the rack at mine @299. Along with all of the other ones above $100.

The sub $100's were cleared out.  Guess I don't have a deep pocketed ARF member near me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just Picked the last one up @ my WM after church today for $99

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/93F

Guess I'm gonna have to branch out to find a 45-70. Already bought my local WM out of RAR and Savage 22LR/WMR
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Download app, search term gun in stores inventory. Should show at least one on a Isle if so. Made it easier than calling the idiots working there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#47]
download what app?

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
download what app?

View Quote

Walmart's app.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Try this
http://fflgundealers.net

Click on your state and then search variations of walmart. They weren't all spelled the same way in Wisconsin.
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top