Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
My MBT must be defective..... It's Purrrrfect!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
in on this shit show...
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
in on this shit show...
View Quote

Its been surprisingly calm thus far.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#4]
IN!

I voted Geissele.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two SSA-E's that I bought before the MBT came out.  Now I have 6 MBT's.    
I like the wider trigger on the MBT, it helps ensure that my finger is square during the trigger press and I have found the break on the second stage to be very comparable to the SSA-E when using the lighter spring.  

It's definitely a "feel" thing, but I prefer the break on the MBT over the SSA-E.  As others have said, the only real way to know is to buy both (or find buddies who will let you try theirs) and make up your own mind.  
They are both excellent triggers.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have two SSA-E's that I bought before the MBT came out.  Now I have 6 MBT's.    
I like the wider trigger on the MBT, it helps ensure that my finger is square during the trigger press and I have found the break on the second stage to be very comparable to the SSA-E when using the lighter spring.  

It's definitely a "feel" thing, but I prefer the break on the MBT over the SSA-E.  As others have said, the only real way to know is to buy both (or find buddies who will let you try theirs) and make up your own mind.  
They are both excellent triggers.
View Quote

If Mark puts out a flat trigger face I'll probably buy 4-5 at the current price.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#8]
In before Rosie?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I own both.

SSA-E hands down.

The Larue trigger IS a good trigger and it's a great deal. But the SSA-E feels like a real military grade trigger. The SSA-E feels like it is bomb proof. Where as the Larue feels more flimsy and the 90 degree edges on the trigger bow is something I don't care for.

ETA: Oh and Bill doesn't jump in threads and start getting all super defensive/butthurt whenever anyone says they don't like his product. Unlike another guy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So....comparing a 3.5lb trigger to a 4.5lb trigger,  ok then

I haven't tried a MBT, haven't even seen one, but I hope to try some day

Geisseles are hard to beat though, although I prefer the High Speed National Match ones
View Quote

The HSNM is an animal all to itself.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Mine all break like an ice cycle. I keep them well lubed though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I finally got a chance to handle a MTB. It in no way compares to a SSA-E. They are not even in the same class. It is closer to the SSA but still not as good. The MTB did not have a clean break. It had a lot of drag then a break. This did however improve slightly after I dry fired it a few times. It could have just been dirty. But I don't know.

My experience with five MBTs is exactly opposite - all my MBT's are markedly cleaner and sharper than my SSA-E.  The second stage of the SSA-E has a rolling or soft break whereas the MBT is sharp and clean.  Weight wise, the MBT is about eight ounces heavier on my Lyman gauge, but it feels about maybe half that much heavier.  

They're both good triggers but I prefer the MBT.  Three other shooters have shot my guns with the SAA-E and MBT back to back and all preferred the MBT.  Small sample size, sure, but it's just what I've experienced.

I have no dog in this fight other than wanting a nice trigger.  

Like this?

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I finally got a chance to handle a MTB. It in no way compares to a SSA-E. They are not even in the same class. It is closer to the SSA but still not as good. The MTB did not have a clean break. It had a lot of drag then a break. This did however improve slightly after I dry fired it a few times. It could have just been dirty. But I don't know.

My experience with five MBTs is exactly opposite - all my MBT's are markedly cleaner and sharper than my SSA-E.  The second stage of the SSA-E has a rolling or soft break whereas the MBT is sharp and clean.  Weight wise, the MBT is about eight ounces heavier on my Lyman gauge, but it feels about maybe half that much heavier.  

They're both good triggers but I prefer the MBT.  Three other shooters have shot my guns with the SAA-E and MBT back to back and all preferred the MBT.  Small sample size, sure, but it's just what I've experienced.

Like this?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ImetkTEkZpQ/UJyBIzUArkI/AAAAAAAAUfA/anep3Kcxm-w/s1600/icecycle-1901.jpg

Yeah, those mother fuckers break right in half.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I have G triggers in everything but one AR, looking to pick up a HSNM next.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have both and I like both. But I like the MBT just a little more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[leaps into fox hole and starts digging]

I have both and I like both. But I like the MBT just a little more.

I have an SSA in my DPMS .308 and a LaRue MBT that I ran Cola Warrior with. I received an SSA-E as part of our "Swag Bag". I like the MBT over the SSA because of the wider trigger bow in the MBT. To me, it makes it feel alot better than the SSA. I have not had a chance to try the SSA-E, so no opinions there yet.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn 13'ers been around here long enough to have read the other 1,237 threads on this.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#16]
G rails and MBTs here.
Surprised they don't fight at night.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
G rails and MBTs here.
Surprised they don't fight at night.
View Quote

They do, They try to keep the kid out of it though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So....comparing a 3.5lb trigger to a 4.5lb trigger,  ok then

I haven't tried a MBT, haven't even seen one, but I hope to try some day

Geisseles are hard to beat though, although I prefer the High Speed National Match ones

This is very true.  Haven't shot anything else comparable.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#19]
My 2 MBTs break like glass rods and the wide trigger has definitely grown on me. I dont have a Geisselle to compare them to.  People who have tried my MBT compared them to the SSA-E and were surprised when I told them they were only $125.

Even if the SSA-E is a bit better, I don't see myself ever spending that much money on one. I would maybe buy something like the High Speed DMR/NM for a high dollar precision rig.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I installed my SSA-E this past weekend and just got back from the range. 90 rounds and it is exactly what I was looking for in my Coyote/Hog rifle. I have an SSA in my 10.3" and I can tell the difference. Nice smooth, crisp and almost a surprise each time when it goes off. Do want to try the MBT's but do not think you can go wrong with an SSA-E.

ETA: Replaced the KAC trigger with the SSA-E. The KAC is a good trigger but did not like it for my application, also seemed most of the  weight was in the second stage.

....SSA-E is a CW-TX edition so of course it is better
View Quote

One of 75 ever produced in 2016!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have an SSA-E. No experience with the MBT. So the winner is clearly the Glock 19.
View Quote

This. But I do love the Geissele
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Honestly, I don't think either is particularly that great. After using a Hi-Speed trigger everything else is kinda meh.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Did a blind test between an SSA-E, SSA, RRA 2 stage, and an MBT and could name each trigger blindfolded. I don't have anything bad to say about the MBT, I just prefer my SSAs and SSA-Es. I do think it is a good feeling trigger, regardless of price.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I like flat triggers. But I'm a little more progressive than a commoner.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's probably because you got the Chinese knock off MTB instead of the real LaRue MBT .

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Of the triggers I've had or currently have: HSNM DMR>SSA-E>SSA=MBT=G2S
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I have both and I think I like the MBT better due to the price. For $125 nothing on the market compares. Now if the SSAE was $125 I really have no idea which i would buy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Too late.  Even if the MBT was any good, LaRue is still a massive asshat.  That alone makes it not worth buying his product and giving him money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the colabots.

Too late.  Even if the MBT was any good, LaRue is still a massive asshat.  That alone makes it not worth buying his product and giving him money.

I have five SSA triggers and love them.

You are out of line. The MBT is quality kit and Mark Larue is a decent man who does a lot for the 2a.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Looking at the design and contrasting to the SSA-E, it should be similar in performance.  *shrug*

If you're TRULY worried about mud and other fouling, go with the standard mil-spec trigger pack.
View Quote

The MBT looks like an SSA-E hammer with a slightly beefed up RRA NM trigger portion.

I'm in the Geissele HSNM camp now, all other 2 stage triggers are dead to me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like this?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ImetkTEkZpQ/UJyBIzUArkI/AAAAAAAAUfA/anep3Kcxm-w/s1600/icecycle-1901.jpg

Hey now. He's never seen ice in LA
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:37:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Ssa-e has a better, lighter break.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:37:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I bought my SSA-E from LaRue.

Having said that, you're not comparing apples to apples..... the MBT and SSA are more alike. The SSA-E is a whole different ballgame.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:47:41 AM EDT
[#34]
I only use Geissele.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:00:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the colabots.

This

What's with this beef with Larue?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:15:04 AM EDT
[#36]
I have both, and I honestly cannot tell the difference. I like them equally the same but for the future all of my triggers will now come from LaRue.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:10:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#38]
my  Geissele national match and RRA 2stage triggers are much better then mbt. mbt is all the sizzle without the steak. flame away.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:19:28 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
It's early...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

in on this shit show...

It's early...
calm before the shit storm!

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:21:43 AM EDT
[#40]
i wanted to try the mbt but im too impatient to wait, and at full price, ill just buy geissele because i know what im getting.  i dont know with the mbt, never squeezed one off
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:42:39 AM EDT
[#41]
I like flatness of the  bow of the MBT over the SSA-E. I have both. I am happy with all the products I have from both companies.

Factor in the price of the MBT and it is the clear winner in my opinion.

I don't thing the MBT to SSA-E comparison is a equal comparison though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I own both.

SSA-E hands down.

The Larue trigger IS a good trigger and it's a great deal. But the SSA-E feels like a real military grade trigger. The SSA-E feels like it is bomb proof. Where as the Larue feels more flimsy and the 90 degree edges on the trigger bow is something I don't care for.

ETA: Oh and Bill doesn't jump in threads and start getting all super defensive/butthurt whenever anyone says they don't like his product. Unlike another guy.
View Quote

I don't see how you say a tool steel trigger feels flimsy. How did you get this opinion?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
in on this shit show...

It's early...

I want Super Precision.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have both, and I honestly cannot tell the difference. I like them equally the same but for the future all of my triggers will now come from LaRue.
View Quote

You can't tell the difference between a SSA-E and a MBT?

Do you even shoot your guns?

They have different pull weights and are not even designed to feel the same.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GSL gonna GSL
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#46]
G price/quality=nice
LT price/quality=gooder

Had a SSA, now MBTs. If I could get a G at $125, toss-up territory, but they aren't  $125. So MBT.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#47]
I have a ssa-e in my rifle and bought one for my wife's build as well. Then the MBT came on sale so I bought two and put it in my wife's build. I still have one spare of each. I like them both but haven't shot the MBT extensively to compare.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In before the colabots.

You butt hurt cuz he likes Trump?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the colabots.

It's more like Larue is the same as Trump. Mark says something and people get all teary eyed "he said something mean I won't by from him". boo boo boo
Same as Trump. "He said something mean I won't vote for him".

He's an asshole. He's mean. He hurt my feals.  
He runs a very successful business and God forbid he has an opinion.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have any feeling in your trigger finger, or did it experience some sort of debilitating trauma?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top