BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kinda hard to sell auto-injectors when the one company producing them has patents and won't license anything out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If there's a market, another manufacturer will undercut that price if it's possible to make money (I believe it is).

Kinda hard to sell auto-injectors when the one company producing them has patents and won't license anything out.

What if some company did produce a comparable item?  How low would the price go via competition?  Low enough that tt would be marginally profitable?   High prices on epi-pens may seem like an opportunity for a competitor but the epi-pen folk have a war chest and connections and will fight competition to protect their cash cow.

Mostly it's the US consumer (and taxpayer) paying top dollar and the rest of the world getting their discount.  Life's not fair.....
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Good thing all these people bitching about the price increases of epi pens don't eat.

The price of everything has gone up 70% in resturants and at the grocery store in the last 7 years.
View Quote

Obama said the economy is great and there has been inflation.  So you must be lying.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife is a middle school nurse and they just got trained on the recently-FDA-approved EVZIO Naloxone auto-injector for opioid overdose.
Sanofi makes an ALLERGECT Epinephrine version in the same injector, which they sell in Canada, I wonder why it's not approved here....
Let's hand out "Reset button for druggie OD" for free at CVS, but gouge every dollar we can from the kid that will die from accidental shellfish/nut contact or a bee sting.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My wife is a middle school nurse and they just got trained on the recently-FDA-approved EVZIO Naloxone auto-injector for opioid overdose.
Sanofi makes an ALLERGECT Epinephrine version in the same injector, which they sell in Canada, I wonder why it's not approved here....
Let's hand out "Reset button for druggie OD" for free at CVS, but gouge every dollar we can from the kid that will die from accidental shellfish/nut contact or a bee sting.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b0/97/c6/b097c6721522796cd06dabcec4fbf667.jpg
View Quote

I love the "injection complete" at the end of the sequence for Evzio.
For the Naloxone, it should be a bell and Miles Lane yelling "let's get it on!"

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Kharn

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b0/97/c6/b097c6721522796cd06dabcec4fbf667.jpg

Kharn

Evzio IS Nalaxone...
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:30:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mine expired July 16. yay
View Quote

Guess what, it still works today.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#9]

"I'm Heather Bresch, a crooked evil whore who makes 16 something million a year, not for my fake degree, but for my soulless and willing ability to fuck over poor people with sick children"
Someone shoot this cunt, for the children.

edit: fuck her and her pickle nose.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Somebody should do something about this!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Evzio IS Nalaxone...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Evzio IS Nalaxone...

Ah, thought Evzio was the name for the device family.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#12]
What's funny is, this recent huge increase in cost for the epipen, will fuel the market to develop a more stable and longer lasting alternative.  Which in the long run, will be a huge blessing and cost saver for the folks that need them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I buy my own episode pens when my work drug plan won't cover them, I am also on a medication I will need to take for my whole life. I will never understand the whole life saving equals free argument. Food is needed to save my life too but I pay for it.

I only wish I could get my forever meds without having to see a doc for a script every 3 months
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top