Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Had my Note 7 for a few days. Going from an S5 to this is quite a step up. The edge screen makes me a bit nervous as for finding a decent case that will protect it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:21:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had my Note 7 for a few days. Going from an S5 to this is quite a step up. The edge screen makes me a bit nervous as for finding a decent case that will protect it.
View Quote

I ordered this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GIUIHIC/ref=sxts1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472181658&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GIUIHIC/ref=sxts1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472181658&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

This one is good too..
Note 7 Otterbox
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This one is good too..
Note 7 Otterbox
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered this one.

This one is good too..
Note 7 Otterbox

I'm not a fan of cases that make big phones bulkier, but I don't do a bunch of crazy things that really require it either...the Otterbox cases have always been too bulky for me.  I went with this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HS82EQY  I had a helluva time finding a Note 7 case on Amazon that was in stock, so I ordered a temporary case for 6 bucks that was until this one shows up.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't even had my Note 5 for a year, otherwise, I'd probably get it just for the fact that it's waterproof.  Having an SD card would be nice to.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#6]
$800 worth of phone

OR

$800 worth of new gun or ammo

??

Make up your mind arfcom. I am tired of changing phones and throwing away money for shit that doesnt last 2 years  err 6 months.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:14:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
$800 worth of phone

OR

??

Make up your mind arfcom. I am tired of changing phones and throwing away money for shit that doesnt last 2 years  err 6 months.
View Quote

Get both duh
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Upgrading from the Note 3, which is still a solid phone just time for something new.Ive had it three years now.

View Quote

I just upgraded today. My Note 3 is still awesome though, so I kind of regret it. They only offered me a Tab E or the  watch. Watch is cool, but I would destroy it at work. I wish they still offered the card. Can't find to many of them today.

Kind of worried about the screen being so small. Otterbox can't protect it yet.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I went with the Armorbox case mainly because it has rubber plugs for some of the ports (sawdust can be a bitch). The case is still small enough to fit in a shirt pocket with room to spare. I haven't used the belt clip yet nor do I plan to.

For a screen protector I went with the IQ Shield LiquidShield film. I initially went with the matte, but it made the screen look funky so I have a non-matte version coming to try. The protector wraps around the edges fine and there was no problem with adhesion after watching the installation video.

The IQ Shield is compatible with the Armoxbox case and they marry together very well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
$800 worth of phone

OR

??

View Quote

I took the "get both" option,  but thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Cannot deal with TouchWiz, knox, and locked bootloaders which added together means I'm stuck with carrier bloat.

Are the international ones locked down so bad?
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Note 7's explode

Compatible cable is recalled

I just threw out my new, off-brand cables as it's not worth taking a chance imho. Amazon has Samsung brand chargers and cables, but I haven't run across a Samsung branded 12v Note 7 charger.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 12:00:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Note 7's explode

Compatible cable is recalled

I just threw out my new, off-brand cables as it's not worth taking a chance imho. Amazon has Samsung brand chargers and cables, but I haven't run across a Samsung branded 12v Note 7 charger.
View Quote

I have 2 off brand cables from Amazon. No problems so far.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top