Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Heavy use?

Glock /thread
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
USP .40. But anything HK has pretty much been my go-to.
View Quote

Going with my USP 45.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I too, have and like a Steyr M9-A1.

But if its only one, it's going to be a G17.

By the way, what are you carrying that Steyr in?  I haven't found anything i really like,  so I'm about to take one for the team, and ship mine off to Milt Sparks so they can make a Versa Max II for it.  Anybody who gets one after me owes me a royalty.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Taurus Curve
View Quote

Suddenly I need to see a scene in an action movie ir TV show where someone gets pistol whipped with a curve.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
G19 is the answer for all occasions. But since I don't like following the rules I'm grabbing the Krink SBR with triangle folder. Easily fits in a backpack.
View Quote

I like your style. I'd also have my Mini Draco side folder in a backpack.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I too, have and like a Steyr M9-A1.

But if its only one, it's going to be a G17.

By the way, what are you carrying that Steyr in?  I haven't found anything i really like,  so I'm about to take one for the team, and ship mine off to Milt Sparks so they can make a Versa Max II for it.  Anybody who gets one after me owes me a royalty.
View Quote

I carry mine in a holster made by Mernickle. Be sure to specify which model of Steyr and if it has a rail or not.

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#7]
VP9 is the only answer for this and all applications. Nothing Glockish about it at all so it is perfect. Designed from the P30 using a striker instead on a polymer lower that HK was the first to introduce with a striker in a pistol that John Moses Browning was the first to do, meaning putting a striker in the pistol.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a G17, Sig 226, 229, highpower, etc...

But I'm grabbing my XD subcompact in 9mm.

I know this choice will be frowned upon by most.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Of what I have I would pick my Steyr M9. Much as I like my CZs I don't think I want any of mine scratched up and confiscated at the end of this story.

View Quote

I don't understand this part.

That CZ polycoat finish is tough as hell, and standard CZs aren't really any more expensive than Steyrs.

Do you have one of the rare blued guns or a race gun of some flavor?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That CZ polycoat finish is tough as hell, and standard CZs aren't really any more expensive than Steyrs.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of what I have I would pick my Steyr M9. Much as I like my CZs I don't think I want any of mine scratched up and confiscated at the end of this story.

A pre B 75 that I just had refinished and an Omega model, but that is elsewhere at the moment. I'm hoping to get it back this weekend.

If I had it at hand I would probably use the Omega as a backup. Don't completely trust it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#11]
"Yo homie! That my flash drive?"

G17 with Heinie Straight 8 Ledge sights.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:16:11 PM EDT
[#12]
MP5K

/thread
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#13]
G19 the answer is always G19
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#14]
You watch too much "enemy of the state".  te answer must be 1911. That's what Gene used...
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I was going to say G34, but then I had a better idea.  Considering the rigors of the trek, I'd get an AR pistol with a shockwave stock and 10" barrel.  Wear goretex rain shell, tuck it up under my left arm with a single point sling.

RMR optic.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#17]
FPNI!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#18]
A G34 with 20 mags of 147 grain hate.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#20]

The only gun I have more trigger time with is a revolver, but I can't reload them fast to save my life.

But it's about a 45 minute drive to the city, so I'd just go with a rifle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:46:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Repel Boarders, you say?

Mk25

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:47:39 PM EDT
[#23]
My Glock 22.
30,000 rds of HST, and other duty ammo, it has about 30 rds of FMJ through it..
It has never failed me, or lacked for accuracy, just last year I replaced a bunch of the internals and Gun Koted it.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I am carrying my Uzi . Full auto goodness is best goodness
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:53:26 PM EDT
[#25]
The same one that goes with me everywhere, my G19.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#26]
G19 is always the answer
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:09:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

G19 is always the answer
View Quote

Especially as I already have the holster and mags loaded for just such and occasion

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Glock, G17 or G19.  

The only handgun family on that list that has 33-rd mags widely available for it.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:22:45 AM EDT
[#29]
My edc is a pm9.  Shtf, G17 cut down to take G19 mags.  Rest of the family has G19's.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:44:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Is an AR pistol acceptable?

Otherwise I'll try a Dan Wesson Bruin in 10mm. That should be sufficient to take out teeth, cars, and bears.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:46:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So, you are at home, minding your own business surfing Arfcom or doing whatever it is you like to do while your family is on an out of state vacation when an action movie breaks out. A man collapses, dying at your front door. He has a flash drive on him that he informs you contains information that will permanently sink Hilary Clinton. Don't know what that incriminating info would be at this point, sorry.

Anyway, while you are verifying the info he informs you that is a bad idea because the drive has a tracker. Every time you plug it in it will attract bad guys, very quickly unless it is plugged into a computer in a safe house 350 miles away.

You can grab a rifle. But you will have to escape and evade through a city so you will probably have to dump it somewhere.

Between here and there you will be pursued by and probably have to engage with every sort of villian imaginable. Assassins, corrupt cops, every kind of gangbanger.

You will probably be blown up, pushed out of a speeding car, pelted with garbage, bit by dogs and of course engage in several gunfights. Oh, and you will probably have to knock a fools teeth out with your gun.

You can pick any handgun you like. If it is something that you don't have, don't worry, you can pick it up off a dead assassin or banger.

So what is your ideal balance of accuracy and durability in such a scenario?

Oh and decide quickly. Your communications and power have just been shut off and ninjas are surrounding your house.

Edited spelling error.
View Quote

I'm expecting trouble and I grab only a handgun despite the fact I will without a doubt be in a gun fight? Because I'm worried about being seen??
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:47:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Otherwise I'll try a Dan Wesson Bruin in 10mm. That should be sufficient to take out teeth, cars, and bears.
View Quote

Acceptable if you feel you can conceal it amongst the average bunch of people walking down a crowded city street.

I didn't know the Bruin was on the market yet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:58:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Acceptable if you feel you can conceal it amongst the average bunch of people walking down a crowded city street.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easily. I've got a discreet backpack that fits the 7.5" AR pistol with red dot, light, and 30rd mag inserted - plus lots of spare mags inside other pockets. I put my chances at completing The Gauntlet: Clinton Boogiloo at 65%.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Easily. I've got a discreet backpack that fits the 7.5" AR pistol with red dot, light, and 30rd mag inserted - plus lots of spare mags inside other pockets. I put my chances at completing The Gauntlet: Clinton Boogiloo at 65%.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like those odds.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:04:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Sig P226 in 9mm
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:23:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ruger P89DC.
Reliable and would make a nice club if need be.
View Quote

Thay is the perfect gun for SHTF.  It's a multi tool. It's a serviceably accurate gun. Can knock teeth out or knock someone head off their neck. It can be used as a club or a hammer. Tie a rope to it and use it a grapple or boat anchor. You could probably smack it on a rock to make a spark and get fire.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:26:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Put the game controller down and go get a job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, you are at home, minding your own business surfing Arfcom or doing whatever it is you like to do while your family is on an out of state vacation when an action movie breaks out. A man collapses, dying at your front door. He has a flash drive on him that he informs you contains information that will permanently sink Hilary Clinton. Don't know what that incriminating info would be at this point, sorry.

Anyway, while you are verifying the info he informs you that is a bad idea because the drive has a tracker. Every time you plug it in it will attract bad guys, very quickly unless it is plugged into a computer in a safe house 350 miles away.

You can grab a rifle. But you will have to escape and evade through a city so you will probably have to dump it somewhere.

Between here and there you will be pursued by and probably have to engage with every sort of villian imaginable. Assassins, corrupt cops, every kind of gangbanger.

You will probably be blown up, pushed out of a speeding car, pelted with garbage, bit by dogs and of course engage in several gunfights. Oh, and you will probably have to knock a fools teeth out with your gun.

You can pick any handgun you like. If it is something that you don't haven don't worry, you can pick it up off a dead assassin or banger.

Oh and decide quickly. Your communications and power have just been shut off and ninjas are surrounding your house.

No shit..
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:28:27 AM EDT
[#38]
So just hiding in our ass is out?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:28:36 AM EDT
[#39]
My top three choices would be a Glock-17, Glock-19, or a GI Spec M1911A1.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:36:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I suppose you could try that. But sooner or later you would run out of bullets and/or they would send an armored vehicle to knock down wherever it was that you were hiding.

Conservation of ninjutsu will only save you for so long.

There is also the issue that they will do a background check on you and if you have anyone that you love, or even like. Ze Klintons will be threatening them in a short while.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:38:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Blockish and beretta would be my choices if I had two votes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:46:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Beretta M9 is best M9.

Besides, it has action hero pistol written all over it!

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:54:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Glock 19 and 20 are my workhorses.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:02:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shoot your way clear of the house. Stick flash drive in an envelope, send it via USPS to safe house.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:13:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Beretta 92FS
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:16:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can pick any handgun you like. If it is something that you don't haven don't worry, you can pick it up off a dead assassin or banger.

Stop clicking on links on an open forum just so you can whine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:27:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Vera.

Best damn gun made by man
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:30:47 AM EDT
[#48]
One of my HK USP 9mm's.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:31:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
G17.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 3:20:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Going with my USP 45.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
USP .40. But anything HK has pretty much been my go-to.

Going with my USP 45.

Me too. 17 yrs, unknown tens of thousands of rds and still goes bang every time .

Old pic

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top