Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2001 12:32:42 PM EDT
Alright, I have a Browning Hi-power that I need some information on.  I took it to a local gunsmith and had him look the gun up.  However, he was completely unable to locate ANY documentation relating to value or history on this particular Hi-power.  I know this sounds ridiculous, but the gun is a bit out of the ordinary.  The left side of the slide is marked...

FM HI-POWER
INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA

...the bottom of the frame, at the base of the grip is labeled...

Sport Arms
Miami, FL

...there is a "P" stamped into the frame, above and behind the grip on the right hand side, directly opposite the safety on the left-hand side.  The right side of the slide, near the hammer, is stamped with some sort of strange, Israeli-looking character.  

I was just wondering if any of you Hi-power guys could help shed some light on the origins, value, and history of this gun.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/29/2001 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
It should be obvious that the gun was made in
Argentina and imported by Sport Arms of Miami
Fl..
Fjestad states that "millions have been made
1927 to date in variations for commerical, police, and military in over 68 countries, first
imported under BAC tradmark in 1954".
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Try www.fnhighpower.com. I found out everything I wanted to know there.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I've owned two of these.  They're decent clones of a HP-35.  They're made under license by FM.  Hangfire called it as far as the importer, etc.  The current Argie I own has been the best shooting HP I've ever had (4th one).  Nothing really special about them, most aren't finnished quite as nice as the FN guns many times.  Some are finnished better than some of the FN guns as well.  It's just a good solid gun at a good price.  

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top