Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2016 10:18:42 PM EDT
Hi Guys....

I have a Glock 43 on its way.  Yes.  I know the answer is "higher capacity, etc etc ad naseum".  However, I want a 43....

I have no problems with regular stock Glock triggers.  I've owned the following:  27, 23, 19 and 42.  The supposed 5.5 lb stock trigger is fine.  Its no 1911, but the trigger works well enough for defensive purposes.  Despite all the usual whining about the long crunchy Glock trigger, I don't really mind it.  It's still a whole ton lighter than going DA on a K frame Smith 357....

The issue is this:  Apparently, many 43's are arriving with triggers that are running closer to 8.5 lbs....  If mine comes in that heavy, i'll want to do something to take it back down to something closer to 5.5.  I know there are a whole ton of connectors, trigger springs, and the like that can take a Glock into something lighter.  

Here is what I'm looking for:  A 100% reliable trigger mod that will take a 43 into the 5-6 lb range.  I'm not interested in anything lighter.  I don't want a 3.5 lb trigger.  What do I need?  I'm not especially conversant in Glock bits and pieces.  Disconnectors, trigger springs, etc etc.  

Note:  Please remember, this is a 43.  From what I understand, your regular disconnector and such that works  in your G19, G22, etc won't fit in the 42/43.

Thanks.

Fro
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Just dropped on of these in my 43.  The trigger is significantly better. I won't get to take it to the range until this weekend.  

Double Diamond Connector
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_42-43_2424_V_1/G42G43-EDGE-CONNECTOR.html

This one from Ghost says it will reduce by 3lbs.
View Quote

Never looked back.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:34:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Ghost connector and a Glock Kraft trigger.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Even with the ghost connector mine is hard to shoot. I love the gun but man they screwed the pooch on the trigger.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]
all G43's made since about April have a new connector that gets the weight back down to around 5.5lbs
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Never looked back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never looked back.

This. Maybe to $.25 trigger job too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
all G43's made since about April have a new connector that gets the weight back down to around 5.5lbs
View Quote

My g42 had the new connector. It still sucked and was heavy. The edge and a polish job made it MUCH better.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Never looked back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never looked back.

Bought a Ghost 3.5 edge connector, threw it away, never looked back either.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My g42 had the new connector. It still sucked and was heavy. The edge and a polish job made it MUCH better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

my G43 has the original heavy connector and it's smoothed out quite a bit with lots of use.  I have a new connector arriving Sat so I'll be able to see if there is much improvement

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I put a ''Ghost'' in a 42 and a 43--- both improved considerably.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:54:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just dropped on of these in my 43.  The trigger is significantly better. I won't get to take it to the range until this weekend.  

Double Diamond Connector
View Quote

I had a regular 43 and then bought a used 43 with this disconnector.  I got to try them side by side to see if I could tell a significant difference.  It was noticeable when side by side and was a very nice upgrade that wasn't "over the top".  I kept the second 43 and sold my original to my father.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top