Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How long until this applies to making ammo?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's coming.  Pick your side.  

This is how at least one revolution started.

Pretty sure fat mcnasty had to get itar to sell bullets
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
JFC and motherfuckers here can't even be bothered to read about the dick that just fucked them.

No wonder were fucked.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm not reading all that.
View Quote

ignorance of the law is not a defense.

Take off a flash hider, pin a brake on a 14.5" barrel. $2,250

Not a commercial business?

Try growing wheat for yourself and live stock on your own farm.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Jeez people, take a chill.

First off read the actual directive. It affects anyone who is "engaged in business" (FFL's). It does not differentiate classes of FFL's be it 01, 07, SOT's etc.
It defines "Manufacturing" pretty clearly.
It has the potential to affect any FFL who performs any operation on a firearm other than the most basic of tasks.

Yes, it's a bad deal and may a AIDS infected bottle brush be used in every orifice of those behind it.

The best chance we have is respectfully contacting our legislators on this.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like 4 or 5 years ago.  

You literally cannot even so much as cast lead bullets and resell them without running afoul of ITAR as it is currently interpreted.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not reading all that.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

First off read the actual directive. It affects anyone who is "engaged in business" (FFL's). It does not differentiate classes of FFL's be it 01, 07, SOT's etc.

It has the potential to affect any FFL who performs any operation on a firearm other than the most basic of tasks.

Yes, it's a bad deal and may a AIDS infected bottle brush be used in every orifice of those behind it.

View Quote

What about Ol' Joe at the gun club who beads barrels for $50 or taps receivers to mount scopes for $30? Isn't he engaged in business? Isn't he machining shit?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What about Ol' Joe at the gun club who beads barrels for $50 or taps receivers to mount scopes for $30? Isn't he engaged in business? Isn't he machining shit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to this, he is.

He just doesn't get caught.  

It's highly likely that they aren't going to care so much, at least at first, about these cases.  They are harder to prosecute, and they don't make much impact on gun sales.  

This is aimed at killing revenue streams for FFL shops in an effort to kill them off.  Ol' Joe isn't their target.  Well, not yet.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:53:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The gentleman currently occupying the White House really is a dick.
View Quote
We have been way past nice for quite a while now. Respect goes both ways and the office of the President can lose it as fast as it is gained.

He stopped being a gentleman long ago and has since been a CUNT.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:55:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Soon you'll need to register with the feds if you plan to build up an 80% lower.
View Quote

As luck would have it, I ordered one earlier this evening, my first. I was planning on just squirreling it away and maybe finishing it when I'm looking for a project. Now I may go ahead and order the jig and accessories because..................

you slimey Kenyan coprolite................

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He would be required to registered with the State Department as a manufacturer of items on the munitions list and pay ITAR.

This EO, if it stands, will put alot of small gunsmiths out of business.

But hey, fuck them, right?   At least they live in a free country.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
JFC and motherfuckers here can't even be bothered to read about the dick that just fucked them.

No wonder were fucked.
View Quote

I didn't read it all either.  This was already posted both in GD and a tech forum 3 days ago.  It was already duped in GD yesterday.  Why should I or somebody else read a wall of text when we already know whats going on.

I get emails from NRA-ILA and my state rifle association, but I hardly ever read them because every time I do it's about something I read about a day or two earlier on some forum or news site.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:00:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I have an 07/02 FFL...  I pretty much don't want it any more.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
FBHO

FHRC

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:05:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
He would be required to registered with the State Department as a manufacturer of items on the munitions list and pay ITAR.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It brings a tear to my eye. These fuckers are dismantling our way of life by proclamation and we're supposed to rejoice at the wondrous new world that we are being dragged into.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I didn't read it all either.  This was already posted both in GD and a tech forum 3 days ago.  It was already duped in GD yesterday.  Why should I or somebody else read a wall of text when we already know whats going on.

I get emails from NRA-ILA and my state rifle association, but I hardly ever read them because every time I do it's about something I read about a day or two earlier on some forum or news site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No wonder were fucked.

Some of us may have missed it and do not live on the internet so we may not be up on current events.

Thank you for the post OP.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:07:04 AM EDT
[#17]
This shit will either lead to 1776 all over again or pacified American's giving up their right.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:07:22 AM EDT
[#18]
If this doesn't get you to get out there and vote for trump, I don't know why you're even here.  He may or may not fix this, but with Hillary it sure as hell is only going to get worse.  

I'd add that its just more proof the DDTC and DoS needs to be reigned in with respect to ITAR and the USML.  Everyone remember Cody Wilson and Defense Distributed?

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You may have hit the nail on the head.

"procedures that involve cutting, drilling, or machining of an existing firearm in order
to improve its accuracy or operation"

Do you think some .gov lawyer already has a plan?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Soon you'll need to register with the feds if you plan to build up an 80% lower.

You may have hit the nail on the head.

"procedures that involve cutting, drilling, or machining of an existing firearm in order
to improve its accuracy or operation"

Do you think some .gov lawyer already has a plan?

Not an existing firearm
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If this doesn't get you to get out there and vote for trump, I don't know why you're even here.  He may or may not fix this, but with Hillary its only going to get worse.  

I'd add that its just more proof the DDTC and DoS needs to be reigned in with respect to ITAR and the USML.  Everyone remember Cody Wilson and Defense Distributed?

View Quote

No.

What's the abridged version?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup and its what killed it..
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:12:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The gentleman currently dick occupying the White House really is a dick.
View Quote

See correction in bold print.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He would already need a type 01 FFL for gunsmithing to do that legally.

This directive also affects non-licensee machine shops that don't work on firearm receivers but may happen to do machining work on other firearm parts.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:12:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You know what I just thought of?

I am waiting on three stamps to 'manufacture' SBRs.

ETA -

However, my trust is not a commercial entity. This seems to apply only to entities engaged in commerce.

View Quote

Doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:13:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If this doesn't get you to get out there and vote for trump, I don't know why you're even here.  He may or may not fix this, but with Hillary its only going to get worse.  

No.

3d printed lower..
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Wilson made plans available for download for a 3D printable pistol.  DoS demanded he take them down and remove them from the internet because by making them available he was violating ITAR since plans for things such as firearms are on the USML, and by posting them online he was alleged to have been "exporting" them since someone from another country could access it.  He took it down, and IIRC has filed suit against DoS for violating his 1A rights.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This directive also affects non-licensee machine shops that don't work on firearm receivers but may happen to do machining work on other firearm parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this very much this.. there are tons of job shops making bases/ring/parts out there. This will kill business, they use the gun stuff to fill in between regular jobs.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#28]
If things were actually fair, then this would get slapped down so quick as oppressing the poor.  I mean if requiring photo I.D. to prove you are who you are to vote is extraneous and too hard for minorities, then certainly requiring an absurd $2200 charge for a license to do the most menial  gun work is like reintroducing freakin slavery. Thanks Obama.  oh and that's sure to curb shootings in his city Chicago, and to preve t his Muslim sons from killing more Americans because of their climate-rage.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This shit will either lead to 1776 all over again or pacified American's giving up their right.
View Quote

That second one.

They've already used ITAR to legislate from the White House.   They'll do it again.   They'll keep on doing it until the entire industry is a bureaucratic mess that no one but the likes of their favored contractors dares to engage in it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#30]
There's already a 3-4 page thread on this, and many of you asking questions, they're answered in the regulations. Especially near the top, where it says people engaged in the business of...that means if you aren't selling things or services, you can do whatever you want without registering and paying.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm sure ITAR compliance will continue to be a top priority for all 07 FFL holders...

View Quote

Nope the way that rads is if you drill and tap your own rifle and are not an ffl and do not manufacture you still have to pay the tax.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:20:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
meh, just ignore it... we're at the point in this country where you just begin to ignore laws. The people in  charge don't follow them, so clear your conscious and don't worry so much.  
View Quote

Yep, and who is going to enforce it? the UN, lol
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

No read it again....
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:21:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah right, when has checks and balances worked in the Obama regime?

Checks and balances only work with honest people with good intentions. You run the table with creeps and there is no such thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The good news is fucking EOs have no checks and balances and never expire.

Yeah right, when has checks and balances worked in the Obama regime?

Checks and balances only work with honest people with good intentions. You run the table with creeps and there is no such thing.

Actually it has, the legislative branch. We stopped various federal gun laws.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:22:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That second one.

They've already used ITAR to legislate from the White House.   They'll do it again.   They'll keep on doing it until the entire industry is a bureaucratic mess that no one but the likes of their favored contractors dares to engage in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That second one.

This.  DoS realized you can regulate damn near anything with the USML and require payment of a fee, so why not?  Further, whatever you can't shoehorn into the USML, the president has the authority to unilaterally decree anything a defense article subject to the USML.  Once something is designated by the prez as a defense article subject to the USML it is unreviewable by any court.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Wilson made plans available for download for a 3D printable pistol.  DoS demanded he take them down and remove them from the internet because by making them available he was violating ITAR since plans for things such as firearms are on the USML, and by posting them online he was alleged to have been "exporting" them since someone from another country could access it.  He took it down, and IIRC has filed suit against DoS for violating his 1A rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

It's nothing less than the Federal government asserting ownership over your thoughts, plans, technical data, and ideas before you express them and telling them when, where, and how you can express them.    Madness.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:25:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Step 1: Require most FFL / SOTs to pay ITAR fees.
Step 2: Raise ITAR fees to something prohibitive, like $10,000-20,000.
Step 3: ?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:25:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
meh, just ignore it... we're at the point in this country where you just begin to ignore laws. The people in  charge don't follow them, so clear your conscious and don't worry so much.  

US State Department defense trade controls.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#39]
DO NOT COMPLY!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:31:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And are they a law enforcement agency with arrest powers?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

President Trump could erase all FBHO's EO's.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:33:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

And can be rescinded in 6 months by the new president.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:34:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He's not a gentleman and the only time has a dick is when his tranny wife is pegging him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The gentleman currently occupying the White House really is a dick.

He's not a gentleman and the only time has a dick is when his tranny wife is pegging him.

Fixed that for ya...
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or left for another 4 years by that shithead Hillary.
We have to drop the house on this wicked witch of the west named Hillary and be done with her forever
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that is the whole purpose of this EO.  They certainly can't claim that it's about safety.  They know that they can't just outright ban and confiscate weapons.  So they keep chipping away at it, every chance they get:  make it more difficult and expensive to shoot (put smiths out of business, ban lead ammo, close public ranges, tax ammo, etc),  discourage young shooters from taking it up by brainwashing them in school and on TV,  kill off hunting traditions, etc.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:44:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Don't think the cost of a furnace to melt down 25 lbs of brass would justify the .15 per lb increase.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Took my scrap brass pile to the yard today.  They only paid .35 instead of .50 per lb, as the federal rules for "exportation of "ammunition"" have changed, per the gal behind the counter.  She said the company they sell to exports the scrap, so they can't pay top price for yellow brass.   I call BS, but what's a feller to do???

Melt it down
Don't think the cost of a furnace to melt down 25 lbs of brass would justify the .15 per lb increase.

There was a thread here a while back, where a member was building a smelter for something like $50. Galvanized steel pail, plaster of Paris, thrift shop hair dryer, and a cut up fire extinguisher for a crucible. I'd link the thread, but the link was on a HD that fried.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:19:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No read it again....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No read it again....

I've read the thing 50 times. Help me out here, what am I not seeing?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#48]
I think that we were all prescientbenough to know some form of EO was going to come from him affecting an aspect of the people's ability to bear arms. Going after the manufacturers is a shrewd choice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FBHO

FHRC

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The gentleman motherfuckercurrently occupying the White House really is a dicksucker.
View Quote

Fixed.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top