Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/28/2016 9:25:01 PM EDT
On Friday, July 22, just as members of his party were gathering in Philadelphia to coronate Hillary Clinton as their presidential nominee, the Obama Administration once again released a sweeping gun control measure by executive fiat. This time the bad news came via the U.S. State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), which is primarily responsible for administering the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and its implementing rules, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). The upshot is that DDTC is labeling commercial gunsmiths as “manufacturers” for performing relatively simple work such as threading a barrel or fabricating a small custom part for an older firearm. Under the AECA, “manufactures” are required to register with DDTC at significant expense or risk onerous criminal penalties.

As with prior executive actions on guns, the administration released its dictate suddenly and without advance warning to or prior input from affected businesses, completely bypassing the normal formalities associated with a significant rulemaking. The guidance is also likely to result in more confusion than clarity and may significantly chill heretofore legal conduct associated with gunsmithing.

The administration’s latest move serves as a timely reminder of how the politicized and arrogant abuse of executive power can be used to suppress Second Amendment rights and curtail lawful firearm-related commerce. That lesson should not be forgotten when voters go to the polls this November.  https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160727/just-in-time-for-his-party-s-convention-obama-administration-releases-latest-executive-gun-control

10) Copyrighted Material must be respected. If you wish to share an article from another site, it's important that you attribute a link to the original site. We will initially issue warnings, but repeat violations will result in your removal from the site. While not a requirement, it is considered a courtesy that you only post a small excerpt of the original article here.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#1]

FBHO

FHRC

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
FBHO
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The good news is fucking EOs have no checks and balances and never expire.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#4]
cliffs notes?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Tldr
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]
then they come at you sideways
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As with prior executive actions on guns, the administration released its dictate suddenly and without advance warning to or prior input from affected businesses, completely bypassing the normal formalities associated with a significant rulemaking. The guidance is also likely to result in more confusion than clarity and may significantly chill heretofore legal conduct associated with gunsmithing.

View Quote

Wow. Sounds just like MA. AG Maura Healey just met with the White House a month or so ago to discuss gun control. I guess this is the new tactic.
Just reinterpret laws as you see fit, do it suddenly without public comment, and make it more ambiguous in the end.

These fuckers need to be stopped.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm sure ITAR compliance will continue to be a top priority for all 07 FFL holders...

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah right, when has checks and balances worked in the Obama regime?

Checks and balances only work with honest people with good intentions. You run the table with creeps and there is no such thing.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trump can un-EO them with a simple flick of the pen.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#12]
The gentleman currently occupying the White House really is a dick.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wow. Sounds just like MA. AG Maura Healey just met with the White House a month or so ago to discuss gun control. I guess this is the new tactic.

Just reinterpret laws as you see fit, do it suddenly without public comment, and make it more ambiguous in the end.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is what the "they ain't never gone take my guns!" crowd doesn't get.

There are countless ways they can dry fuck our butts without "coming to get them."

They can effectively make it impossible to buy ammo, mags, parts, etc. by putting the majority of dealers out of business with heavy fees and regulations.  Look at what's happening in California and that's a taste of what can be done at the federal level if Hillary is elected and forms a nice little think tank to come up with ways to destroy the gun industry without going through Congress.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#14]
President Trump could erase all FBHO's EO's.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck ITAR.

At this point, repeal it.   It's too easily abused.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many presidents have nixed their predecessors EOs?  It's un gentlemanly or something. . They should expire with the pres who enacted them, if our lawmakers were worth shit they would ensure that they do.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Judicial branch check, if a lawsuit is brought and standing can be established
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Using that logic, auto mechanics are auto manufacturers...

And seriously, this is about like being concerned about auto accidents and taking executive action to make it harder and more expensive for people to get new tires or their brakes replaced.

Even if you accept their belief system about how bad gun ownership is, this is extremely, and maybe even recklessly, counterproductive.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Took my scrap brass pile to the yard today.  They only paid .35 instead of .50 per lb, as the federal rules for "exportation of "ammunition"" have changed, per the gal behind the counter.  She said the company they sell to exports the scrap, so they can't pay top price for yellow brass.   I call BS, but what's a feller to do???
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try voting for Trump and then we will see about getting an expiration date for it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
FBHO

FHRC

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Soon you'll need to register with the feds if you plan to build up an 80% lower.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
FBHO

FHRC

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How many presidents have nixed their predecessors EOs?  It's un gentlemanly or something. . They should expire with the pres who enacted them, if our lawmakers were worth shit they would ensure that they do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What makes you think Donald Trump is so big on norms and traditions?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Took my scrap brass pile to the yard today.  They only paid .35 instead of .50 per lb, as the federal rules for "exportation of "ammunition"" have changed, per the gal behind the counter.  She said the company they sell to exports the scrap, so they can't pay top price for yellow brass.   I call BS, but what's a feller to do???
View Quote

Melt it down
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol, the scrap yard isn't exporting brass cartridges.   They're melting it down.

She gave you an excuse to mollify you.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not somebody who needs to be convinced to vote for Trump.  I'm hopeful that he will cast this bullshit tradition aside, but time will tell.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Dupe
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1892880_Gunsmithing_and_I_T_A_R.html

Oh, and this does not just apply to 07's.
It applies to ANY FFL that performs anything but the very most basic of tasks.
Even if you do it once and even if you do no exportation.

Thread a barrel-ITAR compliance required.
Drill a receiver for a scope mount- ITAR compliance required.
Install a thumb safety on a 1911 and have to file to fit the lug-ITAR compliance required.
True a receiver- ITAR compliance required.

Read the directive, it is unbelievable.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this point in the game, our only hope is electing Trump.

If we fail to do so, by the time a lawsuit winds its way through the court system, Hellery will have stacked the Supreme Court heavily against us and the suit will be doomed to failure.

On the other hand, if we elect Trump, he can simply unwind the EO's and a lawsuit will be moot.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Melt it down

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Melt it down

Don't think the cost of a furnace to melt down 25 lbs of brass would justify the .15 per lb increase.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
FBHO

FHRC

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
cliffs notes?
View Quote

Cruz promised to shit can all Obama EO's on day one. Trump, not so much but Maybe? Hitlary will uphold Obama status quo.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#34]
How anybody can vote for a damned democrat is beyond me! And don't give me that shit that the republicans are same!
Essentualy all the gun control bullshit comes from the dems. They are crooked lying pieces of trash! Elitist control freaks!
Hessian-1

I feel better now
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dial 1 (800) NoloCon. He salivates over these kind of cases like Pavlov's dogs.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Soon you'll need to register with the feds if you plan to build up an 80% lower.
View Quote

I am running out of lists to get on. Maybe I should vote for Hitlary.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Didn't read any of that but FBHO!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Try voting for Trump and then we will see about getting an expiration date for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

They expire whenever another president puts them in the trash can.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
cliffs notes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
cliffs notes?

Quoted:
Tldr

You two are why this grand experiment are failing.

<Edited -40xb>
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#41]
meh, just ignore it... we're at the point in this country where you just begin to ignore laws. The people in  charge don't follow them, so clear your conscious and don't worry so much.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
meh, just ignore it... we're at the point in this country where you just begin to ignore laws. The people in  charge don't follow them, so clear your conscious and don't worry so much.  
View Quote

Remember, you didn't "intend" to manufacture when you threaded that barrel. So it's all good.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm not somebody who needs to be convinced to vote for Trump.  I'm hopeful that he will cast this bullshit tradition aside, but time will tell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone should know without any doubt that Hillary will embrace and expand upon this legalize. Layers upon layers of government agencies, each fighting for their piece of the budgetary pie,  each trying to see which one can impose the most onerous restrictions on each citizen's rights, thereby gaining favor in the eyes of their masters.

I Pledge My Life to the Bill of Rights.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The gentleman currently occupying the White House really is a dick.
View Quote

He's not a gentleman and the only time has a dick is when is wife is pegging him.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
President Trump could erase all FBHO's EO's.
View Quote

Candidate Trump would probably increase his chances of winning if he promised to do that.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I feel foolish but I thought it was the job of Congress and the Senate to write laws.

Tell me again what is the reason we still have a Congress or Senate

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Cruz promised to shit can all Obama EO's on day one. Trump, not so much but Maybe? Hitlary will uphold Obama status quo FORCE THROUGH AWB v 2.0 BY EVERY MEANS OF TREACHERY AT HER DISPOSAL, AND RAM  HER DICK SO DEEP IN THE ASS OF LAW ABIDING GUN OWNERS THAT THEY WILL NEVER GET IT OUT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
cliffs notes?

Cruz promised to shit can all Obama EO's on day one. Trump, not so much but Maybe? Hitlary will uphold Obama status quo FORCE THROUGH AWB v 2.0 BY EVERY MEANS OF TREACHERY AT HER DISPOSAL, AND RAM  HER DICK SO DEEP IN THE ASS OF LAW ABIDING GUN OWNERS THAT THEY WILL NEVER GET IT OUT.

I fixed your post for you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top