User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I still drink water from a garden hose.
View Quote

Believe it or not, I've seen fist fights over a water hose.  At football practice when I was in high school, you had a certain number of minutes for water.  When the coach blew the whistle, water break was over, whether everyone got water or not.  
A day or two in extreme heat led to violence if someone didn't share.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Tap water is fine, I use it to make coffee, make Crystal Light, and drink it straight. It's better if chilled, but usually, I don't have the time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeppers
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
It's about the only thing I drink.  That and skim milk, and a fair bit of wine
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Tap water here was fine. They just got the new water tower running so now I let the stuff off gas in the fridge overnight.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll poop in that stuff, but tap water does not go in my mouth
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#7]
At home I drink my well water.

I rarely drink any city water, only if necessary.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes,,but,, we have a deep well, with ''perfect'' water.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Sink water?

The well water from my tap runs through a softener, so no.

The well water from my fridge line is gtg.

I cannot drink city water.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:39:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

600 MGD plus a second plant at 300 MGD is the most I have ever treated at the same time running both in tandem. (900MGD) Sole operator running the treatment system.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep

But seeing as I help treat 55MGD, I know it's good

600 MGD plus a second plant at 300 MGD is the most I have ever treated at the same time running both in tandem. (900MGD) Sole operator running the treatment system.

Dang - we are rated for 100 MGD which isn't too shabby around here (biggest is ~120-150 MGD surface water treatment plant).

600 MGD is huge. Props to you guys. Would love to see something like that
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:56:10 AM EDT
[#11]
My tap water comes from my pond. My pond water is rain water that goes through a rather expensive filtration system and taste better than most any bottled water but yet my wife will not drink it and the mere mention of it she will get pissy but yet she will drink bottled water from an unknown source all day long.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:58:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Only after it goes through the 3 filters.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:01:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
After it's been through the filter in the fridge. I can smell the chlorine in our tapwater.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Not from the sink. It tastes like crap. Our fridge filters it and it tastes good so I drink that.

In southern Oregon, where I'm originally from, the water right out of the sink or hose was great. Some of the cleanest water in the country from the Big Butte Springs watershed. Not so much down here.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:34:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes. We have a well, and I rarely drink water anywhere but home. (Coke when I go out).
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I only avoid it if the tap water tastes horrible.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.
View Quote
Yep
View Quote

I did that till I was about 10 years old, took a long drink from the hose, then happened to look in it and saw some kind of worm-looking creature attached to the inside of the house about a foot down.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:54:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Believe it or not, I've seen fist fights over a water hose.  At football practice when I was in high school, you had a certain number of minutes for water.  When the coach blew the whistle, water break was over, whether everyone got water or not.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your football coach sounds like he was fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:55:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't drink water.
View Quote

Geese fuck in it.   We know.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:57:52 AM EDT
[#20]
I drink well water at home. Water bottles on the go from the cooler, usually the cheapest brand I can find, which oddly enough usually taste best.

I do drink tea at most restaurants, which of course use tap water.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:10:21 AM EDT
[#22]
yes..i have water filters on my kitchen sink and on my fridge water/ice dispenser

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:29:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

People look at me and my partner (k9) funny when they see us taking turns drinking from a hose occasionally after a long track etc. I don't know when our country turned into such a sensitive group of nancies... But Jesus Christ people, it's water
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:33:47 AM EDT
[#24]
ALL. THE. TIME. And when I go to a house and they have the filtered watered in the fridge, I laugh at them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:08:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Yep. Damn good water too!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:14:12 AM EDT
[#26]
90% of the water I drink is tap water. I know a lot of the younger generation has to do a fluoride rinse before bed because they arent drinking tap water.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:17:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Well water here, so yes.

If I lived on municipal water I'd probably either filter the shit out of it or buy bottled water.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:25:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Yes. I detest people who will only drink bottled water.

Good luck in the Apocalypse motherfucker!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:56:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why?  

It's all about choices.  I grew up on well water, and the times I was forced to drink municipal water I hated it.  I could just never get used to the chemical taste.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:14:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck yeah and anyone who doesn't drink their own piss every day is a pussy faggot! Good luck in the apocalypse faggots!

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:09:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I drink creek water too. MMmmm, free range water.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:21:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Just my own well water.

I don't drink others well or city water.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:42:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's why he was the football coach instead of being a real teacher.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:47:02 AM EDT
[#34]
I saw a great video of scuba drivers cleaning a water storage tank and finding multiple dead animals in there.

My city buys water from a provider, so if it's fucky we can blame them
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:58:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Decent water here, super soft, so yeah.

When I travel, especially if the water is harder, I won't drink it, tastes nasty.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Of course.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:02:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Almost exclusively.  I find that even when the water tastes/smells funky in the summer putting it in the fridge makes it taste better.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:15:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Goddamn kids.

It's fine.  I don't drink water to sip and enjoy it.  I slug down a glass every so often to stay hydrated.
View Quote

what said
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Yes but I filter it with a pro pur filter.

https://www.propurusa.com/Water-Pitcher_c_16.html
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:36:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I grew up on garden hose water.

Still drink tap water all day. The only water I can't stand is well water that tastes like sulfur and feels like rust in my mouth.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Sometimes I do, have bottled most of the time around the house
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The only water I can't stand is well water that tastes like sulfur and feels like rust in my mouth.

View Quote

I used to rent a house that had sulphur water like that. I would hold my breath to drink it, and finally started buying gallons of water for drinking.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Well water from the country side, yes.

Has no sulfur, metallic or other turn off taste/scent.

Otherwise, living near towns, nope.  One apartment rental had water looking like the damn Caribbean filling up the bathtub; town chlorinated the shit out of their supply.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Our water tastes like shit around here. Nothing wrong with it and I've never gotten sick, just tastes terrible. We have it filtered thru the fridge anyway so I usually drink that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#45]
I drink it all the time.  I do run it through my Brita, though.  I mostly do this because it's an easy way to filter it and it gets really cold in my fridge.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#46]
At my old place I'd just fill an empty gallon water jug straight from the tap and throw it into the fridge for when I wanted water. Tasted fine. Now my new place the tap water tastes a little funky so I run it through a brita and it's good to go.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#47]
95% of the water I drink is from the tap
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Yes.  If tapwater is available, I drink tapwater.   Been drinking the tapwater here all my life so if it hadn't gotten me by now..

However, I typically won't drink the tapwater if I'm out of town or at a rural motel that's on a well.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#49]
I'll definitely drink tap water when I'm out of bottled, but I prefer our spring water or Poland Spring water for personal sized water bottles to keep cold in my fridge, or a 5 gal water cooler for coffee etc. My well water is hard with high iron content so it doesn't taste nearly as good as high quality bottled water from a good source. Water is all I drink, its not all the same, and you can definitely taste the difference even between different bottled waters. I don't trust municipal water sources, nor will I drink water treated with chemicals.

I manage a bulk spring water source and a water bottling plant so I know a bit about water and water quality.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#50]
It really depends on where you are.

A lot of tap water I've had in the Midwest has been awful.  

It's probably safe, but it tastes like dirty dishwater.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top