Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ship lap

Crown molding

Blow out the wall

Farm sink

Me and the wife make fun of it but still love the show...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a bigger fan of Joanna Gaines. Probably because she can actually build things.

http://d2vrsup6vl2y4n.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Magnolia_072015_352-1pvk3a3.jpg

Someone just needs to take the word "shiplap" out of her vocabulary.

Ship lap

Crown molding

Blow out the wall

Farm sink

French doors!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Ship lap
Crown molding
Blow out the wall
Farm sink

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a bigger fan of Joanna Gaines. Probably because she can actually build things.
http://d2vrsup6vl2y4n.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Magnolia_072015_352-1pvk3a3.jpg

Someone just needs to take the word "shiplap" out of her vocabulary.

Ship lap
Crown molding
Blow out the wall
Farm sink

My wife did a farm sink on the remodel of our kitchen.  Looks great, but she gets pissed when she has to clean out the sink to defrost chicken or whatever.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Jo Jo has only had a half a dozen kids or so. Bout like throwing a hot dog down a hallway at this point. But if you're into that, I guess go for it.
View Quote

Sounds like 17 year old logic. Vaginas are magical and resilient when their owner stays fit and discovers kegels.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Jo Jo has only had a half a dozen kids or so. Bout like throwing a hot dog down a hallway at this point. But if you're into that, I guess go for it.
View Quote
Sorry about your tiny appendage.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This will be one jumbled paragraph for authentication affect...

10 interns that know very little about construction lining out 20-60 contractors to do 2 months of work in 2-3 days. They promise exposure when they only show the back of your unrecognizable T-shirt for .087 seconds twice. Three block radius of pissed off neighbors can't get to their house because of traffic and contractors parking everywhere. 6 camera and sound people non stop for 16 hours. These guys were endurance athletes if there ever was any. All at once, everyone on the job has to be really quite for some stupid shot of this foul mouthed clown to act like he's working (when Jimmy Billy Bob and Paco really did the work). Then you can work. Then quiet on set... Then work. Then quiet on set... There are ramdom cute girls in sports bras and booty shorts sweeting and doing some construction work. I really don't know where they were from or why they were there... The lunches the would provide were always 5 star. Great catered food every time. All of the coffee and donuts you could drink and eat. The directors and upper support staff were always very nice and appreciative of you working there. They treated everyone very well. Respectful to the blue collar guys. It would take 11 hours to complete 4 hours of work. So many contractors all on the same job. Our work was always done correctly. But 60% of the time, everything was wrong every time (not literally, but yes). Bandaid it, and make the shot not catch the mistake. What a zoo. But it was really fun to see it all happen.

I don't even have TV hooked up to see them. But they sent me a DVD of the finish cut after it airs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well spill the beans and tell us what the process is like!

This will be one jumbled paragraph for authentication affect...

10 interns that know very little about construction lining out 20-60 contractors to do 2 months of work in 2-3 days. They promise exposure when they only show the back of your unrecognizable T-shirt for .087 seconds twice. Three block radius of pissed off neighbors can't get to their house because of traffic and contractors parking everywhere. 6 camera and sound people non stop for 16 hours. These guys were endurance athletes if there ever was any. All at once, everyone on the job has to be really quite for some stupid shot of this foul mouthed clown to act like he's working (when Jimmy Billy Bob and Paco really did the work). Then you can work. Then quiet on set... Then work. Then quiet on set... There are ramdom cute girls in sports bras and booty shorts sweeting and doing some construction work. I really don't know where they were from or why they were there... The lunches the would provide were always 5 star. Great catered food every time. All of the coffee and donuts you could drink and eat. The directors and upper support staff were always very nice and appreciative of you working there. They treated everyone very well. Respectful to the blue collar guys. It would take 11 hours to complete 4 hours of work. So many contractors all on the same job. Our work was always done correctly. But 60% of the time, everything was wrong every time (not literally, but yes). Bandaid it, and make the shot not catch the mistake. What a zoo. But it was really fun to see it all happen.

I don't even have TV hooked up to see them. But they sent me a DVD of the finish cut after it airs.

Who is the lead for construction on the set?  I would imagine with that many companies and workers there is competition.

Do the hosts actually provide any feedback, blueprints, etc?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not how any of this works...
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Who is the lead for construction on the set?  I would imagine with that many companies and workers there is competition.

Do the hosts actually provide any feedback, blueprints, etc?
View Quote

Usually some contractor character is in charge. But the set directors call the shots. You're on standby until they are ready for you. Then you fight for the elbow room to get your work done quick. Not much competition for air time/ camera time. Most everyone knows anything you do will get edited out. Competition for 110v power, access to the driveway, and parking pace? Yes.

It's TV. That means the rules like permits don't apply to you. Most everything is finishes anyway so it's an architects renderings. I never saw any plans, but I didn't need them. They'd send out lots of before pictures. And some sketches of what they wanted it to look like. I'm sure there were permits pulled for the ultimate crash and some others. But as far as inspections go, I never saw an inspector on the sets. I could have missed him easily if one was there though. Pretty busy sets.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm glad your wives all have miracle poon.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd disappoint Christina for sure.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:40:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My heart fluttered thinking you meant Candice.

http://jenningsandcompany.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/CandiceOlson1.jpg
View Quote

I'm sorry ML. While I love your products and have given you a few K over the years, AV takes the cake.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:54:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Ugh I love Christina. Shits on the tv's at my work all day, distracting as hell. Can't Stop. Looking.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:00:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've been on HGTV a few times. But so has about all of the contractors out here. Big Table Media is out of the Sacramento area. They used to do all of the Crasher shows and we were one of the contractors on a few episodes years ago. Not sure if Big Table does those shows anymore. It's fun to do it a few times. After that, it's a pain to have to schedule and do. The last time they called I declined to do the work. No money in the jobs, no real world exposure, a big hassle to complete the work, and they do not pay on time.

Like mentioned, it would be cool to work on the finishes of the Chip and Joanna Gaines jobs/ sets. My wife loves their style. We are starting a remodeling project on our house now, and will be doing many things like their farmhouse. We watch all of those shows on Netflix. They seem like neat people... But what you see on TV, is often NOTHING like what actually really happens.
View Quote

A friend of mine works for a pretty large local construction company.

I don't remember the exact details but he said they were contacted by that show that builds families a new house in a couple days or whatever. IIRC he said the actual timeframe was quite a bit longer than what they portray on TV. Shocking I guess
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:06:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Uh oh

I think I see the very beginning of a FUPA in that shot. Would not bang.

Just kidding, of course of would
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:45:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Giraffe neck
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:52:14 AM EDT
[#16]
How bout the ginger from "Good Bones"? Very laid back personality.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't see her on anything these days, but Amy Matthews was the perfect mix of good looking woman and construction talent.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You've never actually been with a woman, have you?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top