View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder what my 98 Tacoma SR5 is worth

Frame status-dependent, $19K.

Frame is good, 19k really?

One site had 97 to 1999's going from 6k to 10k.
With between 150k to 280k miles on them

I feel lucky that I was able to get my 2013 tundra  4.6 4x4 with tow package for $24k.  Only had 12k miles on it when I got it a few months ago.

Stealerships had lower tier higher milage of the same year going for $30k to $36k

Posing from my phone
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The new truck market is insane price wise so people are not trading in or selling their trucks they keep them till they die.
I keep wanting a new truck but ill be damned if i am paying $28k for a work class truck with the same equipment that my 11 year old truck had that i gave $15k for new in 05.
11 years and the price went up $13k for the same truck.

View Quote

This. If the Transmission goes out in my truck, a new one is only a few payments on a newer overpriced truck.

I have no plans of selling my truck. Ever.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Most people's wages haven't adjusted with inflation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do the people complaining about how expensive modern trucks (or modern vehicles in general) are understand the concept of inflation?

Just from googling some old truck prices and adjusting for inflation:

2001 F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4: Base MSRP of $29,975 (Adjusted for inflation: $40,796)
2016 F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4: Base MSRP of $40,635

1999 Chevrolet Silverado Ext Cab LS 4x4: Base MSRP of $26,015 (Adjusted for inflation: $37,638)
2016 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab LS 4x4: Base MSRP of $38,145

1994 Dodge Ram Regular Cab 4x4 6ft box: Base MSRP of $17,376 (Adjusted for inflation: $28,260)
2016 Dodge Ram Regular Cab Express 4x4 6ft box: Base MSRP of $31,995)

Most people's wages haven't adjusted with inflation.

Exactly, people always assume that over time employee's wages go up to match inflation but for alot of areas that isn't close to being the case at all.

Friend of mine was looking for a truck recently and I was blown away by what they're going for now. I thought he was an idiot for being willing to pay what the guy wanted for the one he ended up getting but after checking current prices it looked to be right on. He payed damn near as much for a truck with 150k and some rust as I did for my 01 F150 6ish years ago with an excellent body/frame and 50k miles.

Wish 10 years ago I would of bought up all the good-excellent condition trucks around that people had a hard time selling for 4k or much less and just sat on them for a few years I could of made a killing selling them today at these prices.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Beat to shit Chevy square bodies (73-87) are asking 6-10k here.  Fucking insanity.
View Quote

Makes me want to sell my 78 Chevy 1 ton dually 4 whd 4 speed. No rust .
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I think a lot of it is that fuel prices are down and so trucks are "cool" again.  But I've noticed a lot of them aren't even used as trucks really and are actually just daily drivers because a lot of guys (some girls too) just want a truck and with prices the way they are, they can't afford a car too. I don't get that myself but whatever.  I bought this one new in '06 for 38K  well optioned for what I needed (a tower/hauler) but nothing too fancy. I didn't need leather or heated seats for example.  It's a truck and has one job.  I don't daily drive it but when I need it I really need it and it has served me very well in that regard.  It still only has 42K on the clock and so it is barely broke in.  Why would I buy anything else? It'll probably last me another 15-20 years with maintenance and given how little I use it.  I cringe when I see new prices now though for essentially the same thing and often less so. It is ridiculous and that is why mine isn't on the market either and won't be for a long time because it would cost me a hell of lot more to replace it to do the same job.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:56:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beat to shit Chevy square bodies (73-87) are asking 6-10k here.  Fucking insanity.

Makes me wish I still had my 81 Chevy Scottsdale. 6inch lift with 35inch tires.

Loved that truck.

Guy that bought it back in 2001 took it to Baja Mexico.

Stopped by Nissan dealership yesterday to look at the new Titans with a Cummings Diesel in it.
Staring at 52k for a 2x4

The top of the line pro4x4 titan V8 is $53k and the Frontier pro4x4 is $35k.

Used where in the $30k and up range

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This. If the Transmission goes out in my truck, a new one is only a few payments on a newer overpriced truck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The new truck market is insane price wise so people are not trading in or selling their trucks they keep them till they die.
I keep wanting a new truck but ill be damned if i am paying $28k for a work class truck with the same equipment that my 11 year old truck had that i gave $15k for new in 05.

That's great if you live in a state that doesn't dump nearly a million tons of salt on the roads every winter.  You can't keep a truck going for 30 years in WI, unless you barely use it in winter.  It's not uncommon for trucks to be scrapped by 15 years here, because the frame is unsafe or the body is mostly gone.  It's insane, and I wish the EPA would do something useful and outlaw that road salt, or at least put strict limits on it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of this. It's retarded how much they get for these new trucks. I almost feel that my 2013 F-150 is more in demand than the new ones.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Trucks can be used to make money in more areas than cars can, and new ones are expensive.   Higher demand.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I feel lucky that I was able to get my 2013 tundra  4.6 4x4 with tow package for $24k.  Only had 12k miles on it when I got it a few months ago.

Stealerships had lower tier higher milage of the same year going for $30k to $36k

Posing from my phone
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Posing from my phone
it's a joke...

Some dude proudly posted that he just purchased an older Tacoma for $19k and the board lit him up. It's now a meme...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#11]
My 2003 Tacoma is 13.5 years old, not selling it
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#12]
They are out there, just have cash on hand.

I bought a 2004.5 Duramax yesterday with 65 thousand miles on it. Had cash ready and bought it 3 hours after it went online. I can't tell you how many trucks I missed out on because I didn't have the cash with me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

All of this. It's retarded how much they get for these new trucks. I almost feel that my 2013 F-150 is more in demand than the new ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's worse in the diesel world. Lots of guys (myself included) are dumping newer trucks and going back to the older simple diesels. I absolutely loved my 6.7 Cummins but hauling commercial out of state while deleted made me too nervous (I don't know that anything would have happened but I didn't like chancing it)
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

nice truck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You have the whole internet at your fingertips, you dont need a black and white paper catalog anymore to search for vehicles you know?
Just picked up this yesterday for 9700 otd. 03 Supercharged 4x4 Frontier SVE with 94k miles.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=90592

nice truck

Thanks!
Quoted:

They come with a complimentary strawberry milkshake.

I have no clue what this is supposed to mean.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#15]

How many brand new $50k trucks do you see on the road hauling anything? vs. How many are shiny and gleaming, with aftermarket rims and tonneau covers?

How many are parked in front of mobile homes costing about the same?

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You have the whole internet at your fingertips, you dont need a black and white paper catalog anymore to search for vehicles you know?
Just picked up this yesterday for 9700 otd. 03 Supercharged 4x4 Frontier SVE with 94k miles.

nice truck

Thanks!
Quoted:

Some Nissans around that era had issues with the transmission cooler attached to the radiator and would crack and mix antifreeze with the ATF resulting in a ''strawberry'' milkshake and several thousands of dollars of repairs rebuilding the transmission. Adding a stand alone ATF cooler prevented that from happening.  We had a 2000 Xterra, was a good ride other then the crappy exhaust heat shields always rusting and rattling. Ride was on par with an Amish buggy but it was designed as a ''trucky''SUV, not a X over.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thanks!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nice truck

Thanks!
Quoted:

Slang term for a radiator failure that causes coolant to mix with ATF and quickly take out your transmission. Some radiators are prone to this. It is prevented by preemptively going to a decent aftermarket radiator that isn't known for this failure. 3rd gen 4runner owner here.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nice truck

Thanks!
Quoted:

SMOD = Strawberry Milkshake Of Death (basically what your transmission fluid looks like after mixing with coolant.) The coolant and transmission fluid mix due to an internal failure in older model Nissan radiators.

I don't think it was a thing in 2003 though.  You have an older generation Nissan.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How many brand new $50k trucks do you see on the road hauling anything? vs. How many are shiny and gleaming, with aftermarket rims and tonneau covers?

View Quote

Does a truck constantly need to be hauling or pulling something to be acceptable in your eyes?  What if someone just washed it and took it to lunch because his wife had the car?

Sweeping statements are silly and oftentimes incredibly inaccurate.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It was Obama's "Cash for Cars" a few years ago.

Many thousands of decent cars were destroyed.

Now, the majority od used cars and truck are high mileage dogs.

Good, used cars are trucks with less than 100,000mi are few and far between.

I get a good laugh every time I see a car with 100,000mi advertised as low mileage.
View Quote

Logged in to post this.  "Cash for Clunkers" gobbled up the used car supply.  The days of what were $300-$500 (now would be $1000) cars and trucks are gone.

Word of mouth (of a freind of a freind's deceased/incapable of driving relative's)is the only hope, and those are twice what they would be.

My old man thinks I'm nuts for hanging onto a little 2001 ford focus wagon with 200K on it.  But shit I've done every oil change, changed the timing belt and head gasket, we threw bearings in it...  

nice spare beater.  If they would insure it for more than the blue book I would.   I don't have 50K for a new car.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm about to trade my 2008 ram quad cab 1500 4x4 5.7 hemi with 39k miles.

I'm sure I could get a bit more selling it myself, but it's too much hassle.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Huh, I had never heard anything like that about the Frontiers . Just googled it and it looks like it was a problem on the 05-10 models so it shouldnt be a problem for me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:14:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
It's worse in the diesel world. Lots of guys (myself included) are dumping newer trucks and going back to the older simple diesels. I absolutely loved my 6.7 Cummins but hauling commercial out of state while deleted made me too nervous (I don't know that anything would have happened but I didn't like chancing it)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm looking to trade my '11 Duramax in on a brand new Cummins. I loved my 04.5 5.9 but they're either beat to shit or $25K+. No thanks.

I never should have sold mine. Dumbest decision I've made with vehicles. It had 123K on it and was very clean.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

In WI and the U.P., , I see many new trucks towing and hauling for work and play, every single day.  On Fridays in the summer or winter, you will see a huge caravan of trucks pulling boats, ATVs, and snowmobiles north for the weekend.  Maybe you need to get away from the city more often.

And what's wrong with their new truck "shining and gleaming"?  They aren't allowed to wash their new truck and keep it looking nice?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:21:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm looking to trade my '11 Duramax in on a brand new Cummins. I loved my 04.5 5.9 but they're either beat to shit or $25K+. No thanks.

I never should have sold mine. Dumbest decision I've made with vehicles. It had 123K on it and was very clean.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do think the latest generations are super solid even with the emissions on them. The years with just a dpf and egr were hell though.
I just can't leave anything stock and don't want to delete another truck
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have no idea whether "Truck Trader" still exists in magazine form, but it's available online.  Like craigslist, you can filter by private party.  Unlike craigslist, it costs money to use, so most people don't.
View Quote

This is a large part of it that people are leaving out. Was probably a day where you pretty much had to list in "Truck Trader" if you wanted to sell your truck. Now, there are so many cheaper options.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:23:42 PM EDT
[#27]
The used market is insane. I found my truck on eBay and worked a deal and bought it outside of eBay f2f. I got a 08 f350 king ranch,lifted,rims,fully deleted,tuned,intake,studded,full exhaust,tons of new parts.  The body had 260k but the motor was new with only 40k,tranny svced, immaculate condition,book was $26k (even with the miles) I got it for 23.5. That same truck with less miles is $30k all day.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:28:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I do think the latest generations are super solid even with the emissions on them. The years with just a dpf and egr were hell though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know how it goes. My Duramax is deleted.

If I buy another used one with little to no warranty on it I'll have a programmer ordered before I get it home.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This is a large part of it that people are leaving out. Was probably a day where you pretty much had to list in "Truck Trader" if you wanted to sell your truck. Now, there are so many cheaper options.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no idea whether "Truck Trader" still exists in magazine form, but it's available online.  Like craigslist, you can filter by private party.  Unlike craigslist, it costs money to use, so most people don't.

Yep, same reason why there are nearly zero ads for private auto sales in the newspaper. Craig's List is free, and probably has better results.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:02:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Nah, we blame C4C here in GD but the reality is most of the vehicles that went there were not what people are buying anyway. Folks weren't ditching mint Rangers and Tacomas, they were dumping 4.7L Grand Cherokees that are garbage nobody wants for anything but the axles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was Obama's "Cash for Cars" a few years ago.

Many thousands of decent cars were destroyed.

Now, the majority od used cars and truck are high mileage dogs.

Good, used cars are trucks with less than 100,000mi are few and far between.

I get a good laugh every time I see a car with 100,000mi advertised as low mileage.

Nah, we blame C4C here in GD but the reality is most of the vehicles that went there were not what people are buying anyway. Folks weren't ditching mint Rangers and Tacomas, they were dumping 4.7L Grand Cherokees that are garbage nobody wants for anything but the axles.

C4C happened in 2009, 7 years ago, and the program lasted less than 2 months.

Also, there were 690k transactions, which sounds like a lot, but there are ~255M vehicles registered in the US. C4C took about well below 1% of used vehicles off the market. Again, this was 7 years ago. Most of those vehicles that were shit-canned back then would be long gone anyways.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:30:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Do the people complaining about how expensive modern trucks (or modern vehicles in general) are understand the concept of inflation?

2001 F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4: Base MSRP of $29,975 (Adjusted for inflation: $40,796)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado Ext Cab LS 4x4: Base MSRP of $26,015 (Adjusted for inflation: $37,638)

1994 Dodge Ram Regular Cab 4x4 6ft box: Base MSRP of $17,376 (Adjusted for inflation: $28,260)

View Quote

Inflation is a big part of it.

Another major contributor to this is mileage/longevity and our expectations. A few decades ago, vehicles had 5 digit odometers because anything beyond 100k wasn't really expected. Today, people will drop significant amounts of money on vehicles with over 100k with the expectation that they will get another 100k+ out of it. This one is huge.

A lot of guys also keep their older trucks as spare vehicles. Taxes, registration, and insurance on older vehicles are usually fairly cheap, so it's not really a burden to keep them around. In many ways, it's easier to keep them. The alternatives are to trade them in for a fraction of their value or to try to sell it yourself on Craigslist and deal with retards and assholes.

And for bonus points, consider the typical pickup trucks from the '90s. The full four door configuration that is the norm now was pretty much non-existent then. I think they were only offered on 350/3500 trucks, and most of the examples I remember seeing were in fleet trim or they were duallys with fancy paint jobs used by ranchers and the like. In the '90s, most consumer pickup trucks were single cabs or "extended" cabs, and many of them had no back doors or they were sold in a 3 door configuration. The seats were benches or split benches, and there were cheap plastics everywhere. The most powerful optional V8s produced horsepower in the low to mid 200 range, and power went through a slushy 4 speed auto. Anti-lock brakes were the only common driver's aid, and one or two air bags were the only active safety gear.

Now consider the trucks of today... Most of them are 4 door models. Most have over 400 hp, and that's going through a transmission with 6+ speeds. The front seats are buckets with a big console, there are soft-touch materials and sound dampening everywhere, and there's a touch screen computer in the dash. There are backup cameras, blind spot detection systems, and traction control systems. Optioned out 4x4s have fancy modes for different terrains and conditions and assists for greater control on hills. There are curtain air bags built into the pillars and other areas. When you buy a pickup today, even in a common mid-level trim, you are buying a shitload of vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:49:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
it's a joke...

Some dude proudly posted that he just purchased an older Tacoma for $19k and the board lit him up. It's now a meme...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Posing from my phone
it's a joke...

Friend just got offered 20k for a 2003 4 door Tacoma with 270k miles
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Another major contributor to this is mileage/longevity and our expectations. A few decades ago, vehicles had 5 digit odometers because anything beyond 100k wasn't really expected. Today, people will drop significant amounts of money on vehicles with over 100k with the expectation that they will get another 100k+ out of it. This one is huge.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All your points were good, but I think this is probably one of the biggest ones.  Trucks will routinely last into the 200k mile range and still look nice and drive nice.   For the pragmatic truck owner it doesn't make a ton of sense to buy a brand-new truck when your 10yr old one is doing the same job just fine.  New trucks are still selling incredibly well but overall the truck market is flooding with pretty decent quality vehicles that also makes people hold on to them longer.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:02:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm about to trade my 2008 ram quad cab 1500 4x4 5.7 hemi with 39k miles.

I'm sure I could get a bit more selling it myself, but it's too much hassle.
View Quote

CarMax offered me 15k.

MSRP was 39k when I bought it new. I paid $24k for it and also got 0% interest for 60 months. So the truck only cost me around 1k a year for almost 9 years.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#35]
How much is my truck worth these days? It is a 1997 GMC Sierra half ton but in mint condition inside and out. Been garaged its whole life and only has 86,000 miles on it:

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And what's wrong with their new truck "shining and gleaming"?  They aren't allowed to wash their new truck and keep it looking nice?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, taking care of a multi thousands of $ vehicle is for suckers.  Piss pounded FTW!

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How much is my truck worth these days? It is a 1997 GMC Sierra half ton but in mint condition inside and out. Been garaged its whole life and only has 86,000 miles on it:
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4148_zps0c2f361d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4148_zps0c2f361d.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4169_zpsc56bd5de.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4169_zpsc56bd5de.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4141_zpse4fa05fc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4141_zpse4fa05fc.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4125_zps65d4b4d3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4125_zps65d4b4d3.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4130_zps2fa593c1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4130_zps2fa593c1.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4129_zpsccdbbd9f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4129_zpsccdbbd9f.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4162_zps376ad88a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4162_zps376ad88a.jpg</a>
View Quote

Idk, but that's a good looking truck!
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too bad most people are making just a littler more then they were in those years.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4148_zps0c2f361d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4148_zps0c2f361d.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4169_zpsc56bd5de.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4169_zpsc56bd5de.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4141_zpse4fa05fc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4141_zpse4fa05fc.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4125_zps65d4b4d3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4125_zps65d4b4d3.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4130_zps2fa593c1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4130_zps2fa593c1.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4129_zpsccdbbd9f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4129_zpsccdbbd9f.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_4162_zps376ad88a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_4162_zps376ad88a.jpg</a>
View Quote

Probs 4-5k, depending on the strength of the truck market in Colorado, perhaps a little more to the right buyer.

Edit: It always blows me away how clean your truck is every time you post it, btw. Good taking care of that rig!
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Don't know, don't care. Paid $1000 for my truck 7 years ago and I ain't selling it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Probs 4-5k, depending on the strength of the truck market in Colorado, perhaps a little more to the right buyer.

Edit: It always blows me away how clean your truck is every time you post it, btw. Good taking care of that rig!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit,  The Leer topper cost me almost $4000! I was hoping my truck would be worth at least 10k given the condition, low miles and  how decent used trucks are nonexistent.
It's a lot of work keeping her up and thanks for the kind words!
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Shit,  The Leer topper cost me almost $4000! I was hoping my truck would be worth at least 10k given the condition, low miles and  how decent used trucks are nonexistent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you could pull 8-10k being that its 4x4 and great condition and low miles to the right buyer.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

10k EASY, very EASY.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#44]
My daily driver is a 94 F150 XLT. Had a guy offer me $10k cash at a stoplight the other day. Sorry. Not for sale.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

10k EASY, very EASY.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10k EASY, very EASY.

Lol you're out of your mind. I bought a similar vintage 2500 version of that for $2k cash. 4WD and all.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a 2013 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 DRW Mega Cab with 12,000 miles on it. Holler at me if you're interested.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Lol you're out of your mind. I bought a similar vintage 2500 version of that for $2k cash. 4WD and all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10k EASY, very EASY.

What condition and mileage is your truck?  These have hundreds of thousands of miles and are well worn out by now. It's extremely rare to find one is clean as mine with well under 100,000 miles.  I just looked at a 1998 that had almost 200,000 miles on it and nowhere near as good a condition for $6000.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

10k EASY, very EASY.

Skag's truck is 8-10k all day long around here. That's a nice truck.

$2k will buy you a beater lawn service truck that smells like 20 years of sweaty ass.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

$2k will be you a beater lawn service truck that smells like 20 years of sweaty ass.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10k EASY, very EASY.

$2k will be you a beater lawn service truck that smells like 20 years of sweaty ass.

Don't have interior photos as I don't own it anymore but yeah, mine was just as nice on the interior. Belonged to a "soccer dad" type family, it was a crew cab truck that he'd used to cart his kids around and never actually did any work with the truck.

I guess if somebody's just a nostalgic wreck for the 90s and they have a shitload of money to throw away, then they might spend $10k on that. Can't really see any other scenario where that works out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Don't have interior photos as I don't own it anymore but yeah, mine was just as nice on the interior. Belonged to a "soccer dad" type family, it was a crew cab truck that he'd used to cart his kids around and never actually did any work with the truck.

I guess if somebody's just a nostalgic wreck for the 90s and they have a shitload of money to throw away, then they might spend $10k on that. Can't really see any other scenario where that works out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

10k EASY, very EASY.

I'd love to see some craigslist ads from your area with trucks in similar condition selling for $2k.

Not going to hold my breath, though.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top