BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a positive one...
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Basketball coach and English teacher, Mr. Smith, tried to show me the path to success.  Being the young, naïve, and hormone laden teen, I didn't listen until later in life.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Cu cu cachoo Mrs Robinson....
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mrs Darge, Social Studies teacher in 6th grade. She was Miss Frizzle from the Magic Schoolbus. One time I was reading Thrasher in class and someone complained about it. "DangerJ does all his work in a fraction of the time I give him and he's got better grades than you. Pay attention to what I'm saying more and leave him alone" I'll never forget that moment. I went back to visit her one day during my senior year of HS and she ran and gave me a hug. That was nice. A few years after that, she parked her car at the local park, doused herself in gasoline, and set it ablaze.
View Quote

Wow, that's a real life Sudden Downer Ending. :(
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
My college offered a class called "Statistics for Non-Math Majors", universally known as "Statistics for Dummies".  The first day of class, the professor, a wizened little elf, asked for a show of hands of those planning a career in a related field.  When there were none, he said, "OK, in that case, the most useful thing I can do for you is to teach you how to lie using statistics."  

The obvious intent, unstated, was to render us less susceptible to statistical chicanery.  This was a great motivational technique for undergrads and the class was wildly popular.  For the rest of the semester, he would spend a minimal amount of time explaining a particular technique and two or three class periods detailing ways by which to subvert it.

Sadly, I've forgotten pretty much all of what he taught us, but the note on my take-home B- final was the crowning glory of my academic career: "Ms. Lewis, your grasp of statistics is rudimentary at best, but you are arguably the most devious bitch I've ever had the pleasure of teaching.  Best of luck in the future."  I all but swooned.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#7]
One. Coach Brewer in Jr High school gave the guys some floor exercise/tumbling classes.

Knowing how to fall has saved me from moderate to serious injury at least 87 times.

eta This has been the most useful thing I have taken out of jr. high.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Mrs. Thomas, Kindergarten - Wally Frost would pull his arms into his shirt while we were sitting on the rug listening to her read.  She tied his sleeves into a knot.  He cried.

Miss Ezell, 1st grade - She was hot.  She came over to my house once.

Miss Ezell, 2nd grade - Sister of 1st grade.  She was hotter.

Mrs. Gwen, 3rd grade - I liked her daughter who was my same age and who later was commissioned in the USN.

Mrs. Cox, 4th grade - She was burned as a child when gasoline was mistaken for kerosene.

Mrs. Sparkman, 4th grade at new school - She does not take well to being called Mrs. Sparkplug.

Mrs. Matthews, 5th grade - She made me sit out recess and write some serious sentences due to a misunderstanding on my part when I thought I was doing the right thing.  She did not teach the next year because she had a baby, but she did come back to school to see me.  I was taken out of class to see her in the hall.  She showed me her new baby and had named him after me.

Mrs. Millington, 6th grade - She made Richard Whitney eat a bar of soap when he called someone a bitch.  It was a very dramatic scene.  I'll bet he was scared for life.

Mrs. Ventors, 7th grade science - She made up a ridiculous song to sing while she taught us CPR on the dummy.  I can still hear it today.  I saw her obit last year.

Mrs. Smith, 7th grade SS - She was the dumbest teacher I ever knew.  We would color in class as an assignment.

Coach Ruth, 7th grade PE - He had a small head such that we called him Pea Head.  One day, while my friend Dan and I were standing in front of the stage, Lamar Porch jumped on my back and Matt Pearsall jumped upon Dan's.  Coach Ruth walked into the gym as Dan and I were struggling.  He called us into his office, and to make a funny story short, he fired up my ass like it had never been before or since.  I came out dancing from the pain while rubbing my buttocks to put the fire out.  I then leaned against the folded bleachers rubbing my butt upon them by walking sideways along them while wondering just what the hey happened when just a few minutes ago I was standing in front of the stage minding my own business.  Then out comes Dan doing the same high-steppin' dance while furiously trying to rub out his own ass fire.  It got funny then.

Mr. Beasley, 8th grade HR & Civics - I like him, but he did make me copy a portion of Time magazine on my birthday for staying to finish my lunch while the rest of the class (except Joel Danford who had not yet finished either) went back to class.

Dr. Demopolus - Conspired to rook me out of an A on a 500 level course.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#10]
There are only a few from my younger years that I'd like to keep contact with because they excelled at their work.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:34:06 AM EDT
[#11]
NO
1st grade teacher made me stand up in class and tell everyone how I was being held back to repeat the class, thanks for the humiliation. But it put me in better classes down the road, even into high school.
5th grade teacher ripped up my notebook because I was bored and started drawing gun pics
English teacher in high school treated me like shit for 1.5 years. I always swore that I would curb stomp him if I ever saw him again.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:58:34 AM EDT
[#12]
The one that beat the shit out of my hands and wrist every time I tried to write with my left hand.
Oh, yeah...she fucked me up good.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:00:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Miss Mary Ann, the hostess of Romper Room, was one of my wife's high school teachers in La Puente, CA.

"Magic mirror, tell me today, did all my friends have fun at play?"
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:44:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I had several but under the current political climate, I'd have to say one of the events that stands out the most involves teachers going on strike.

I grew up in ultra-liberal Massachusetts. In 1985 our high school teachers were having a contract dispute with the city that dragged on for months. When it came to deciding whether or not to go on strike, the teacher's union took a vote and every teacher voted No. Our teachers refused to talk about it. My math teacher would only say it was a personal issue and not appropriate to discuss with students. We only knew that 100% of teachers voted against the strike because it was published in the local paper.

Can you imagine that happening today? Just look at the effort to recall Walker in Wisconsin with teachers encouraging students to cut school to come protest at the State House....for teachers own personal benefit. It just goes to show what a disservice teacher unions do now, and how far they've fallen.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:51:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Nope. I couldn't tell you one teacher's name between kindergarten and 12th grade, seriously.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:54:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Yep. Fifth Grade.

Mrs. McFee.

An older Irish woman with a heart of gold and the wings of an angel.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:14:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Mr. Thiel, my high school metal shop teacher.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:50:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Mrs Mannix, stupid liberal cunt, she told me I would be in jail before graduating high scool, stupid bitch, I was fueled by my hatred of her stupid SAAB driving cunt face drove me to never go to jail and land a six figure job...fucking cunt
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:03:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Most of them bored me to tears.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:19:14 AM EDT
[#20]
In a positive way? No.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:17:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Yes they did.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#22]
My first year American History teacher showed me her tits by bending over in front of me with her bra unhooked, she used to twirl my long curly hair around her finger while talking in class, she used to put her hand on my thigh dangerously close to my junk

This was 1983  

I didn't understand at 16 what was happening, I just thought she was friendly.

Ran into her again at 22, and she wasn't interested at all.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:38:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:38:38 AM EDT
[#24]
My whole life up until 8th grade I got B's and C's in math.

Then, in 8th grade, I got a D- in algebra.

The guidance counselor wanted me to go on.

My mother and the math teacher wanted me to retake it.

I retook it and have gotten an A in every math class I've taken since (well, except for differential equations....I just didn't study for that class and it bit me in the ass).

I also have a Ph.D. in engineering and hope to get my PE this year.

The way I see it there is no way ANY of this would have been possible if I hadn't retook that class.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:48:44 AM EDT
[#25]
I had three teachers who were a profoundly good influence on me.  

In 7th, 9th and 12th grades.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:16:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Yes, I had many.  

K - Mrs. Walthall.  I just moved to town in March...so all the kids were already friends and I was the outsider.  She went out of her way to make me feel welcome and make friends.  Her husband, Mr. Walthall, was the gym teacher for K-5.  Amazing guy!  Really loved his job and the kids (no pedo).  Everyone in the elementary school loved him.  He followed my class after 5th grade to middle school, and was the gym teacher for 6-8 as well.  He followed us again to 9th grade, then retired.  I still see them around town every now and then.  

1st - Mrs. Stevens.  Fun.  Very nice to everyone.  

2nd - Mrs. Crews.  Strict, but fair.

3rd & 4th - Mrs. Ratliff.  Super hot.  All the boys had crushes on her.  Was great at pushing our limits, and making learning fun.  

5th - Mrs. Basham.  Tall, blonde, big hair, (looked like Barbie) looked like your typical 30-something real estate agent now that I think about it.  

6th-8th - Middle school. No idea....that time span is somehow blank in my mind.  I can't think of a single teacher I had.  I can remember the fat bitch principal and the resource officer that she had on a leash.  I was goofing off with my friends at the lunch table when they came walking by (I didn't know it at the time), and I made the grunting sound a pig makes while eating something off my plate.  Well, they held me back after lunch and chewed my ass.  The principal thought I made the comment at the officer as they walked by.  

9th -  Band class (can't remember her name), but we were warming up when someone rushed in and whispered something to the teacher.  She quieted us down and turned on the TV.  9/11 WTC attack

10th - Coach Pratt.  Gym teacher.  He was one of the guys..one of us.  Jokes, tricks, fun games and sports.  We went on a field trip to a shooting range.  Got to shoot skeet/trap, and all kinds of guns from .22's to ARs, AKs, M1As, a flintlock, Glocks, .44mag, 1911's, etc...  We also did a bit of archery at the school.  

Also in 10th, Mrs. Hollingsworth.  English teacher.  She was a Harry Potter nut.  I swear to you, from September 1st to February, all we did was read the first HP book and analyze it.  We also went out to the football field and played a few games of Quidditch...  Easiest year I ever had!

11th - Mrs. Bowles.  Pre-calc teacher.  She was, and still is the hottest teacher I've ever seen.  The entire HS had a crush on her.  She was the athletic kind of hot...toned body, super cute face, brunette, tall....brb...gotta go rub one out real quick....

Also in 11th.  Mrs. Ginder.  Biology teacher.  Cute.  Loved what she did.  Very kind.  I felt bad because she was a push-over and some kids took advantage of that.  
The day came when we had to dissect worms.  They came in glass jars filled with the preserving liquid.  She stuck her hand down in the jar, and the fluid squirted out all over my back (she was opening it on the table behind me).  

12th - Mrs. Harrington.  Government teacher.  Short, black lady....late 30's.  She was awesome!  She knew her stuff, but was easily side tracked.  One or two of us would ask questions and we'd spend the remainder of class debating...but in a fun, jokingly way.  It helped, that there were only 8 of us in her class, and it was the last period of the day.  We all knew a lot of the material, and always tested well...so she would skim over the basic stuff and just chat with us or let us talk for half the class.  She'd let us out 10mins early.  During the end of year SOL's and exams (a week long), we were exempt, and were all supposed to just sit in class.  She told us to check in with her so she could mark us in attendance, then we could either stay or go home...whatever we wanted to do.  
She drove a Jaguar.  We always picked on her about it....trying to get her to take us for a ride in it
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Grade School - 4th grade teacher was the Ex dean of the school and this was her first year teaching a class again. When I found out that I was going to be in her class, that summer was dreadful. She was a 6'2" or 6'3" monster. September came, and that was probably my favorite year in all of grade school.

Middle School - 7th grade homeroom/ Pre-Algebra teacher. Mrs. Z. She and her husband were teachers and we got him for Algebra in 8th grade. Awesome teachers, but man did she put up with some BS from me and a couple friends. Got yelled at for applauding her for a National honor ceremony once. We were actually being sincere, but our 'spokesmen" was the class jokester and his delivery was a little hit and miss... That one missed.

7th Grade English. Mrs. Hawkins... This old bag actually flew the bird to me one day in class, in front of the entire class. Man she was hateful. And I really wasn't too much of a jerk to her. I just didnt agree with all the bureaucracy of school (unfortunately that followed into college)

High school.
I had an honors English teacher that looked like michael Jackson if MJ looked a little more like a woman and not a cokehead.... like early 90's michael jackson. She was besties with the Algebra2 teacher who was part of the Aryan Nation. She was blond haired, blue eyed, all business, and no BS. got yelled at a few times in that class... still managed to get A's

Junior year honors English. Had a teacher that constantly, and I mean constantly opposed every opinion I had... I called her on it one day, and asked her why she hated me so much. She gave me some BS story about how she wanted me to think and explain myself and fight my way out of a corner. I told her I was damn good at it and I didnt need her help and that we only had a few weeks left of the year and to leave me the hell alone. I ended up getting her award for the year.... go figure...

Had a bipolar chemistry teacher... I think his Iq was somewhere in the low 210's if I were to guess we had a week long experiment one time to "distill alcohol" He brings in this huge ceramic jug that smells God awful and we commence to "distilling alcohol" and actually light it on fire to see how well it burns.....Once I hit college and started drinking, I realized.... That son of a bitch let us make moonshine! Wish I had paid more attention during THAT experiment, and I realized... that crock he had was probably worth 2-3k..... ignorant youth....

Best Project in High school was from a Foundations of Engineering professor Junior year. We were given a budget, and had to order all materials through him, pay for them (cable was string sold by the inch, balsa wood stalks for beams, sheets of balsa wood for roadway/ paving) We even had to pay for insurance each day which was represented by him putting a little matchbox ambulance on our desk. Our bridge ended up only weighing a few ounces, but held 10 geometry books before it failed. only spent half of our budget and exceeded the goals.

College -
Got kicked out an engineering professors office once. He was a hated professor and I was the one that told him how I and everyone else felt about him... I was a legend for a day at WVU's MRB
Got into an argument with an English 102 professor when she tried to make an example out of me to the clas - Got an A that semester
CalculusI and II professor was like a nigerian Sean Connery... He was pretty cool...
Engineering 101 prof. - probably the most down to Earth Prof I had... First words out of his mouth on the first day of class - "Idont give a shit what you did yesterday; today you start your career."

Dr. Jack Byrd was probably one of best employees at WVU. He gave me crap because I had switched in and out of engineering a couple of times and had changed disciplines a couple of times. He'd always make cracks about how I'd still be around taking classes with a few degrees and would never graduate. He was kind of right. He was/ is a friend of mine I like to think. He offered to be a reference on a couple of job applications I had in, and I was still able to call him up years after being in his department to get his advice on some things that my job had needed that pertained directly to the classes I took from him, even though I didnt get that degree....
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Yes, quite a few.  

One of my favorites was an old nation of islam black guy.  He was pissed off at the world, but filled with wisdom.  He had tons of experience in the field before retiring, then became a teacher.  The dude had this intense pissed off glare 50% of the time.  He'd walk in the class, freeze, and glare.  After getting to know him a little bit, everytime he walked in one of us would say "These honky mothafuckas".  One time we were watching a movie about Frank Lloyd Wright; teacher kept falling asleep in his chair and catching himself.  Everytime he'd startle awake one of us would mumble, "white bread ass muthafuckas", "got damn white man keepin me down".  He would just glare at us.  Holy shit, thinking back on it, it's still hilarious.

As much as we enjoyed riling him up, he always offered insight and could turn a person in the right direction.  He also kept things very real; only teacher I ever had who would say things like "you cannot be that stupid", "what in the hell is this?", "do your parents love you?".
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:30:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yes, quite a few.  

One of my favorites was an old nation of islam black guy.  He was pissed off at the world, but filled with wisdom.  He had tons of experience in the field before retiring, then became a teacher.  The dude had this intense pissed off glare 50% of the time.  He'd walk in the class, freeze, and glare.  After getting to know him a little bit, everytime he walked in one of us would say "These honky mothafuckas".  One time we were watching a movie about Frank Lloyd Wright; teacher kept falling asleep in his chair and catching himself.  Everytime he'd startle awake one of us would mumble, "white bread ass muthafuckas", "got damn white man keepin me down".  He would just glare at us.  Holy shit, thinking back on it, it's still hilarious.

As much as we enjoyed riling him up, he always offered insight and could turn a person in the right direction.  He also kept things very real; only teacher I ever had who would say things like "you cannot be that stupid", "what in the hell is this?", "do your parents love you?".
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, they influenced me to not become a teacher, but I don't think that was their intention. I don't know if I was ever influenced by anyone, but I remember seeing movies and reading books that I agreed with.

Like in Destination Moon, when someone says "the only reason there is no law to stop you from going to the moon, is because no one ever tried to before" and when they rush into the rocket as some guy tries to serve them a restraining order.

Maybe it's because I accidentally read Animal Farm in 3rd grade and realized it wasn't for children, and read the explanation at the end... But, I've always been a right wing constitutionalist conservitive republican gun owner, even when those guns were cap pistols.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The one that beat the shit out of my hands and wrist every time I tried to write with my left hand.
Oh, yeah...she fucked me up good.
View Quote

Yea, that's dumb.... I used to be able to write with both my left and right hands with ease.... I was forced to pick one to write with and only use that hand.... Now I write with my left and do everything else with my right...... I'm a freak I wasn't good enough for the right handed kids, but I also didnt fit in with the left handed kids either... It's caused me so much emotional distress...
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#32]
5th grade teacher..............former Marine, hard as steel and demanded perfection. We hated her guts, but she told me once that she expected great things from me and wanted to see my college diploma when I graduated...............never got to show it to her as she passed before I could find her. I respected her
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#33]
My middle school Virginia History teacher (Mrs. Barbour) instilled a sense of love and respect for my state that I have carried forth all these years......There was a school named after her when she passed.

One thing in particular she passed on to her students was that in writing a Virginian should never abbreviate Virginia as it was considered disrespectful. I try to follow that when I can.

LOL....My HS shop teacher lectured and demonstrated to us on how it only takes one paper towel (those old brown ones) to dry your hands and woe betide anyone that used two.  To this day I never use more than one and even buy those 2/3 size cut PTs now. I figure in the 40-odd years since he saved he some money.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:45:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Mr Smith. Math and Science teacher in Plymouth Michigan. A strict disciplinarian, good man. He was a 1911 guy way back then, I remember him telling about hunting deer with one. I haven't seen him in years, but used to see him around town, and at the gun club. I had absolute respect for that man. He unknowingly helped me transition away from being a punk.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#35]
In high school there was a teacher who taught history as well as a small law class and psychology.  He was very wise, very good at teaching, and very controversial.  He said things you just couldn't even say then (early 1990s) and students of all types loved him.  We took field trips during the law class to observe court cases in our county and once we left the courtroom he'd ask questions and discuss what we saw.  It was a great class.

In college Jack Reed.  No other professor had quite an effect on me as he did.  There are things he said day one in class that I still follow and believe in today.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Mr. Jenkins didn't really give a fuck about teaching during my elective class, so he'd talk about guns a lot.
View Quote

In the opposite way lol. Had an 8th grade PE/Football coach tell me I "wouldn't ever be any good". When I tried out for football. I was a short fat little butter-ball but developed and kept working. Became a 6'1" 240 starting defensive end on a team that contended for a state title in the highest classification in Ga. Had opportunities to continue to play in college as well. I always thought about what he said and wanted to prove him wrong.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Yes.

I invited a few to my wedding.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Yes!

Mr. Boggs, my high school Math teacher. He taught me not to let a fear of failure prevent me from trying.  If I reach for the top and give it my best effort, I might not make it to the top but I will at least likely reach somewhere pretty darn close.

Thank you Mr. Boggs, wherever you are.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#39]

There are some pretty awesome teachers out there.  I've had several that were outstanding.  I had a select few during residency that shaped how I practice medicine today.  Old school thoroughness that you don't see today.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Nope

I was a horrible middle/high school student

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#41]
My tenth grade English teacher, Mrs. Coy, once made a statement during class that stuck with me from that day forward.  She said, "We end up hating those we give charity to."  The older I get, the more I see the truth in that comment.  It's the only thing I can remember about that class.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:13:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Two or three.  Basically the ones who's names I can remember.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Yep, Mrs. Kellar in 2nd and 3rd grade, all the way to Mr. Globke in Machine Tech class in high school. Had a few duds along the way but most of my teachers were great people who genuinely cared about their students. I only wish I had been a more dedicated student and taken more advantage of the learning opportunies they provided.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Mr Rein ,  biology, earth science
He was also
Coach Rein, football, wrestling, golf

This guy found Olympic medalists in Greco wrestling, SEALS, All Americans for us to workout with. That Olylimpic medalist open my eyes to practice makes perfect. That opened doors that helped me in life.

Golf ,  he taught us it's fun to combine golf and physical contact with the other team.

He explained how the real world worked in no uncertain terms. His lessons still serve me well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Seventh grade English teacher.  She assumed we hadn't learned a thing in K-6 so she started with the basics and worked from there.  It was like the clouds parted and grammar, sentence structure, and putting ideas to paper suddenly made sense.  I can't explain how she did it but she knew how to teach.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Kindergarten teacher taught me that sometimes teachers are wrong and sometimes they prove it.

I watched a National Geographic special with my grandparents one night that talked about a type of lizard that lost its legs and finished its life living like a snake. Went to school and told her about this, I found it interesting. She told me lizards never lose their legs and snakes never grow legs. My parents borrowed my grandma's encyclopedia and sent me to school with it to show her. She grumbled, walked away and wouldn't read the description.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Terry Slemmons actually cared. As did Mr Soncrant. When Mr Soncrant died in a car wreck his funeral had 30 years worth of students there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:44:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Yes, several,

My parents are not very conventional, I learned a lot of "this is the way the world really works" things from teachers.

Fifth Grade; Ms. Evelyn Thomas, probably the most no bullshit person I have ever met.

"You are no smarter than the next person,you just test incredibly well".

" The thing that makes me bitter about your behavior is that you really do awful things,you are just very successful at sneakiness."

Seventh Grade: Ms. Diane Frick, told me I needed to be in a college level course, I was her pet. Not incredibly hot, but attractive and young.

Edited to Add;

Seventh and eight grade science. Mr. William White, mad gun powder the first day of class. Easily one of the smartest people I have ever known.

Senior year Economy teacher "Smoking" Joe Shires, I am still friends with this man, and his kids.I just sent his son seven FAL mags.

He was also boys' dean.

"Board or the Door?" if you screwed up.Saw big seniors come out of his office holding their asses,and or crying.

My brother was involved in a fight He says to my brother;

"You did what you had to do.Now I have to do what I have to do. I realize you had no choice".
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Yes, 10th grade US History.

When 9/11 happened, he turned off the TV in the room that could be turned on from front office and said it wasn't history and not important.

He didn't realize what was happening and apologized the next day.

Smooth move champ.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Myron Kilgore - Prarie Grove Elementary 1981 - A Bad Ass teacher!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top