Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
He chose that cushy pension living in that shithole.

He would be given the duty to lock you and yours up, and would do so to protect that cushy pension.

No fucks given.

Should have left.  I put my money where my mouth is, I make it a point not to buy a thing from California. I have no use for the state.  (besides f-ing Foogle)  

Starve the beast.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As I said earlier, IF you believe that the fate of our rights, the nation, hangs solely on SCOTUS, they're ALREADY GONE!!!! I can't say this loudly or often enough. People have to to figure this out---and more importantly, they need to be shaken out of their Normalcy Bias----and start ACTING accordingly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If all the hope we have is five robed eggheads out of a nation of 330 million people to keep an inalienable right alive, then we have already lost.  I get it that we need to "play by the rules" but with the revelations coming out about HRC, the Clinton Foundation, and the acquiescence of the FBI / Comey et al. to the will of powerful people vice the law, we all better start thinking about plan B.

Heller and McDonald supposedly decided it already, but ban states are infringing left and right and SCOTUS has been nothing but inconsistent.

As I said earlier, IF you believe that the fate of our rights, the nation, hangs solely on SCOTUS, they're ALREADY GONE!!!! I can't say this loudly or often enough. People have to to figure this out---and more importantly, they need to be shaken out of their Normalcy Bias----and start ACTING accordingly.
Hangs solely on the SCOTUS?    Our liberty hinged on the life of ONE MAN.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I fear Blue Falcons more than I fear the public.

They make shit up when their comfort zone is threatened, they twist, distort and lie.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops ratted him out, wow talk about buddy fuckers

I fear Blue Falcons more than I fear the public.

They make shit up when their comfort zone is threatened, they twist, distort and lie.

I'd take an absolutely shitty, useless partner over a highly trained and motivated BF any day.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He would be given the duty to lock you and yours up, and would do so to protect that cushy pension.

No fucks given.

Should have left.  I put my money where my mouth is, I make it a point not to buy a thing from California. I have no use for the state.  (besides f-ing Foogle)  

Starve the beast.
View Quote

No sure fire, Oakley, bianchi, safari land, slip2000?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You make it sound like it's rare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You make it sound like it's rare.

No shit.

The blue falcons in L.E are future administrators.

Fucking traitorous back stabbing  scum.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No fucks given.

Starve the beast.

Nope, nope, nope.  before you ask... Produce from Cali? unless we eat out, nope.   Sans Google, the one thing they make a buck off us from is the ports and longshoremen/rails.  We've gotten alot more aware about where stuff comes from.  I got a bug up my ass about buying 3rd world "cap and trade" toxic waste dump grown fruits.  Things sorta snowballed from there.  Food wise I have it a little easy due to a a hobby of mine, a buddy in the grocery biz and lots of farmers markets nearby.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So were the German soldiers rounding up Jews in the 1940s.

Bad things happen when people blindly follow orders without using reason or a conscience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The cop that turned him in was just following orders....

So were the German soldiers rounding up Jews in the 1940s.

Bad things happen when people blindly follow orders without using reason or a conscience.

Reason we have taken care by public education. Conscience, we have removed God from the public view.....
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:09:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We need to change from AR's to DR'S....Defensive Rifles. Then what will the liberal assholes say?
View Quote

They'll call them destruction rifles.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:24:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No fucks given.

Starve the beast.
View Quote

Says who?

He worked at that department since the '90s. Why isn't he simply a pro-2A cop who tried to uphold the constitution and make his neighborhood safe? Not everyone has the resources to GTFO. I'm with you on moving if you can, I got the fuck out of Michigan because of handgun registration, shitty tax law, and to gain an extra 2 months of summer. I miss my favorite restaurants, my friends I grew up with, and family, I can see why some people stay and fight.

Shall not be infringed, tyranny against this man is no different just because he wears a badge.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:29:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I thought police were exempted from California's gun bans?
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:44:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if he was disliked and thats why they turned him in.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wonder if he was disliked and thats why they turned him in.
View Quote

I know someone who got another cop fired because his wife wasn't receptive of cheating. They had been good friends and worked together for years but that wasn't worth shit after he got turned down. Cops are people too and lots of people just suck.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good! The only reason shit like this gets by is 99.9% of the time when there are bans police /politicians / rich folk are exempt from the laws. When they have to play by the same rules shit might actually change.
View Quote

Agreed. Maybe his coworkers with own stashed ARs will think twice before following the union's guidelines in local elections.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:05:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nope, nope, nope.  before you ask... Produce from Cali? unless we eat out, nope.   Sans Google, the one thing they make a buck off us from is the ports and longshoremen/rails.  We've gotten alot more aware about where stuff comes from.  I got a bug up my ass about buying 3rd world "cap and trade" toxic waste dump grown fruits.  Things sorta snowballed from there.  Food wise I have it a little easy due to a a hobby of mine, a buddy in the grocery biz and lots of farmers markets nearby.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No fucks given.

Starve the beast.

Same. Picking stuff off the shelf, I check origin. Anything from CA, NY, NJ is a no-go. Had to give up a few things I've used for years. It's ok. I feel better.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:20:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Caw Caw motherfucker Caw Caw

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone heard what he did to piss off his buddies and make them mad enough to rat him out?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Has to be owned and issued by the agency.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hangs solely on the SCOTUS?   Our liberty hinged on the life of ONE MAN.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If all the hope we have is five robed eggheads out of a nation of 330 million people to keep an inalienable right alive, then we have already lost.  I get it that we need to "play by the rules" but with the revelations coming out about HRC, the Clinton Foundation, and the acquiescence of the FBI / Comey et al. to the will of powerful people vice the law, we all better start thinking about plan B.

Heller and McDonald supposedly decided it already, but ban states are infringing left and right and SCOTUS has been nothing but inconsistent.

Hangs solely on the SCOTUS?   Our liberty hinged on the life of ONE MAN.  

Even worse....The Repbulic is GONE, DONE, OVER.....you adhere to it's rules and mores at your peril.... Cooper was exactly right when he wrote his book "Another Country", "The past is is another country and they do things differently there"......We are now part of a Brave New World and the old "rules and understandings" will get you killed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Says who?

He worked at that department since the '90s. Why isn't he simply a pro-2A cop who tried to uphold the constitution and make his neighborhood safe? Not everyone has the resources to GTFO. I'm with you on moving if you can, I got the fuck out of Michigan because of handgun registration, shitty tax law, and to gain an extra 2 months of summer. I miss my favorite restaurants, my friends I grew up with, and family, I can see why some people stay and fight.

Shall not be infringed, tyranny against this man is no different just because he wears a badge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No fucks given.

Starve the beast.

Says who?

Can't get out? If the guy owns a house (and at 50 he damn well better) it's worth a hell of a lot more than when he bought it in all likelihood.....and worth more than a comparable home in the vast majority of western states. He's a LEO. There are LEO jobs in every town in the country. I know our local department is understaffed and hiring constantly. It's not like he's a Nuclear Physicist who is tied to a particular narrow interest research facility. Hell, City of Austin imported their current Chief, Art ASSEVEDO from California and he is WELL COMPENSATED.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or purchased from a CALDOJ licensed AW dealer with written permission from the sheriff or chief of police.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No fucks given.

Starve the beast.

I've tried to dothe same for Colorado. But California would be harder. So much of our food, entertainment, technology comes from there as well as a surprising amount of firearms components and tactical equipment.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#22]
It's been written in this thread that what is legal and not, pertaining to compliance, has been hashed out and well known.  It's also been stated that the description of the offense would be a misdemeanor.

Can someone familiar with California law clarify/substante if this would be a misdemeanor or felony?  What configuration would qualify as a felony?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It's been written in this thread that what is legal and not, pertaining to compliance, has been hashed out and well known.  It's also been stated that the description of the offense would be a misdemeanor.

Can someone familiar with California law clarify/substante if this would be a misdemeanor or felony?  What configuration would qualify as a felony?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

According to the LA Times, here:  http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sfpd-arrest-weapons-charges-ar15-customized-20160727-snap-story.html
Abrahamsen, 50, is accused of violating a state law
against assembling an assault rifle or weapon capable of firing a large
.50-caliber BMG bullet.
ETA: CA PC 30655 prohibits .50 BMG....the deadline for registration on those was April 30th, 2006

The article then goes on to say:

Under a law approved by Gov. Jerry Brown on July 1, rifles with a
"bullet button” that allows for a clip to be dropped with the press of a
button and quickly replaced were banned. The law Abrahamsen was charged
with violating would include an AR-15-style rifle modified with a
bullet button or any weapon that fired the large BMG bullet.

Which makes even less sense.....because the politicians have so warped the public and medias rhetoric to now include that the bullet button (originally designed to SLOW down mag changes), now makes mag changes faster.   SOOO much retardation.  In any event -- the law to which the reporter is referring to in the above statement, isn't in effect yet.   Sounds like he built a full featured rifle without a bullet button, which under current law is a ---- I don't know --- felony or misdemeanor?

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's ridiculously easy to build an AR-15 in a California-compliant configuration.  Right now it can be done either as a "Featureless" build, or a standard configuration with a bullet-button magazine release.

Once registered as an AW during the upcoming 2018 registration amnesty, the bullet-button release can be replaced with standard hardware.  And it may be required to get a serial number from the DoJ and stamp that on the lower receiver.

Yes, magazines will be limited to 10 rounds at that time but it's a lot better than having no AR-15.
View Quote

I don't get it. Do you just want some form of a neutered AR for plinking and otherwise don't care? It seems every time a new law passes the only thing you all care about is finding a way to be compliant rather than ever saying enough is enough.

This isn't directed at just you but it always sounds like children who are in time out and get to pick between one of their favorite toys. Is there no limitation where you end the madness? Just seems like such pussy fixation that if you can have some tuba looking AR and it goes bang..you all can live with it.

This applies to CA, NY, CT you name it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I don't get it. Do you just want some form of a neutered AR for plinking and otherwise don't care? It seems every time a new law passes the only thing you all care about is finding a way to be compliant rather than ever saying enough is enough.

This isn't directed at just you but it always sounds like children who are in time out and get to pick between one of their favorite toys. Is there no limitation where you end the madness? Just seems like such pussy fixation that if you can have some tuba looking AR and it goes bang..you all can live with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's ridiculously easy to build an AR-15 in a California-compliant configuration.  Right now it can be done either as a "Featureless" build, or a standard configuration with a bullet-button magazine release.

Once registered as an AW during the upcoming 2018 registration amnesty, the bullet-button release can be replaced with standard hardware.  And it may be required to get a serial number from the DoJ and stamp that on the lower receiver.

Yes, magazines will be limited to 10 rounds at that time but it's a lot better than having no AR-15.

Don't worry.  If Hillary wins, THEN you'll get it.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Apparently Not!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some animals are more equal...

Apparently Not!

Good. What are the odds the cop who got arrested voted for Jerry Brown? Enough California retards did, it wouldn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone know of a defense fund?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
Better get use to this frame of mind. They won't come door to door to get guns, they don't have to.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I don't get it. Do you just want some form of a neutered AR for plinking and otherwise don't care? It seems every time a new law passes the only thing you all care about is finding a way to be compliant rather than ever saying enough is enough....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it. Do you just want some form of a neutered AR for plinking and otherwise don't care? It seems every time a new law passes the only thing you all care about is finding a way to be compliant rather than ever saying enough is enough....

In the event we did say "Enough is enough!  Fuck it, I WILL NOT COMPLY!" and acted on that declaration, the Conduct Code of this forum would prohibit us from posting about it.  I value my account on this forum.  (Refer to CoC #3 and #4.)

I get a lot of good information here, humor, camaraderie, and have even met a few nice folks.  I'm not willing to give that up to make a point for a few minutes.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

In the event we did say "Enough is enough!  Fuck it, I WILL NOT COMPLY!" and acted on that declaration, the Conduct Code of this forum would prohibit us from posting about it.  I value my account on this forum.  (Refer to CoC #3 and #4.)

I get a lot of good information here, humor, camaraderie, and have even met a few nice folks.  I'm not willing to give that up to make a point for a few minutes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completely understand not posting it, but I  have seen a good number of posters seem to indicate they do behave in the way I describe.  I believe even a thread I had seen from the 94 AWB with people posting pics of how they complied...I wasn't old enough to have had such an opportunity, but I wouldn't have been complying nor posting pics, nor if I lived in one of the many, current, ban states.  That's the difference in my mind anyway.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I completely understand not posting it, but I  have seen a good number of posters seem to indicate they do behave in the way I describe.  I believe even a thread I had seen from the 94 AWB with people posting pics of how they complied...I wasn't old enough to have had such an opportunity, but I wouldn't have been complying nor posting pics, nor if I lived in one of the many, current, ban states.  That's the difference in my mind anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Having one or more compliant firearms that can be safely used in public, and one or more non-compliant ones for emergency use, the future, shits and giggles, etc. are not mutually exclusive conditions.

Again, people who survive on this forum post what is permitted, and don't post things that are not permitted.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

A clue for those STILL in OCCUPIED TERRITORY----As Eddie Murphy said when talking about Poltergeist- "GET THE FUCK OUT"
View Quote

Where are you going to GTFO to, after Hillary has turned the whole country into "Occupied Territory?"
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gotta keep that dental plan
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
According to the LA Times, here:  http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sfpd-arrest-weapons-charges-ar15-customized-20160727-snap-story.html

Which makes even less sense.....because the politicians have so warped the public and medias rhetoric to now include that the bullet button (originally designed to SLOW down mag changes), now makes mag changes faster.   SOOO much retardation.  In any event -- the law to which the reporter is referring to in the above statement, isn't in effect yet.   Sounds like he built a full featured rifle without a bullet button, which under current law is a ---- I don't know --- felony or misdemeanor?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Abrahamsen, 50, is accused of violating a state law against assembling an assault rifle or weapon capable of firing a large .50-caliber BMG bullet.

Under a law approved by Gov. Jerry Brown on July 1, rifles with a "bullet button” that allows for a clip to be dropped with the press of a button and quickly replaced were banned. The law Abrahamsen was charged with violating would include an AR-15-style rifle modified with a bullet button or any weapon that fired the large BMG bullet.

Sales or transfers of old BB equipped firearms will be banned, not possession, further those who register their currently BB equipped rifles with be able to deneuter them. If you don't want to register your currently BB equipped rifle, you just install a different type of mag lock that is already available from two makers.

It can be charged as a felony, but the state generally has the option to downgrade the charges to a misdemeanor if certain criteria are met, like only one or two unregistered AWs found, no crimes committed with it, stuff like that. Don't know if they officer is going to made an example of, or if this will all sweep under the rug like if it happened in a freer, rural county in California.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#35]
to understand CURRENT CA law regarding "assault" weapons, you simply follow these simple flow charts, simply

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

ETA: CA PC 30655 prohibits .50 BMG....the deadline for registration on those was April 30th, 2006

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Abrahamsen, 50, is accused of violating a state law against assembling an assault rifle or weapon capable of firing a large .50-caliber BMG bullet.

Under a law approved by Gov. Jerry Brown on July 1, rifles with a "bullet button” that allows for a clip to be dropped with the press of a button and quickly replaced were banned. The law Abrahamsen was charged with violating would include an AR-15-style rifle modified with a bullet button or any weapon that fired the large BMG bullet.

The same section of the PC, covers both Assault Weapons & .50 BMG Rifles..

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
Like I have already said, it's Easy to buy/build a Compliant Rifle....

Since We haven't seen His Rifle, we don't know, if it was legal or not...

There's a case in the 9th Right now, because DOJ won't do their Job & provide Guidance to Law Enforcement on AW issues.....

It's not 2006 & most of this stuff has been Hashed Out, but there's still LEO's that don't understand what is or isn't legal.....

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#39]
If civilians can't have them then the cops can't have them either. Animals and fairness and all that other jazz.

Fuck CA.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If civilians can't have them then the cops can't have them either. Animals and fairness and all that other jazz.

Fuck CA.
View Quote

I'd rather say fuck the law.

Cause if the tbl has a tough time defending the law they're required to enforce, but refuses to say that they refuse to enforce it, then what justification do they have for the law not being equally applied to them.

You want to curse the blue falcons for doing their jobs?

You're exactly the kind of elitist asshole I don't want meddling in my affairs.

IAB FTMFW. Deal with it.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:28:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Or more like some cops did their job and didn't just look the other way when one of their own was breaking the law. It truly amazes me how people think cops should just let other cops slide on the laws they are so willing to jam up an average joe over.
Don't get me wrong I think it's a total bullshit that "shall not be infringed" gets infringed the fuck out of, but Cops SHOULD be held to a higher standard and GOOD cops shouldn't tolerate cops that break laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or more like some cops did their job and didn't just look the other way when one of their own was breaking the law. It truly amazes me how people think cops should just let other cops slide on the laws they are so willing to jam up an average joe over.
Don't get me wrong I think it's a total bullshit that "shall not be infringed" gets infringed the fuck out of, but Cops SHOULD be held to a higher standard and GOOD cops shouldn't tolerate cops that break laws.

yup..

what I think i can understand from this thread is that cops who break the law get caught by other good cops called blue falcons?
cause bad cops should be prosecuted right>?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Damn that state is a cancer on this country.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#43]
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

If I was on the jury I'd nullify it
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top