Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if this cop would arrest an otherwise law abiding citizen if he found him/her in possession of an AR?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We need to change from AR's to DR'S....Defensive Rifles. Then what will the liberal assholes say?
View Quote

Dibs on domain DR15.com!
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If we keep retreating and encouraging people to retreat there won't be anywhere left to go.

This case could evolve into a real challenge to the CA AWB. An 18 year veteran cop is a good defendant for a federal or SCOTUS challenge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A clue for those STILL in OCCUPIED TERRITORY----As Eddie Murphy said when talking about Poltergeist- "GET THE FUCK OUT"

If we keep retreating and encouraging people to retreat there won't be anywhere left to go.

This case could evolve into a real challenge to the CA AWB. An 18 year veteran cop is a good defendant for a federal or SCOTUS challenge.

Anyone that believes this should make sure Trump gets elected.  Because then Hillary SC will ensure this goes down in flames.

I don't care if you think Trump is the DEVIL, because Hillary is worse in every imaginable way.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Guess he shouldn't have invited The Man into his life.  Oh, wait...
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#5]
It's ridiculously easy to build an AR-15 in a California-compliant configuration.  Right now it can be done either as a "Featureless" build, or a standard configuration with a bullet-button magazine release.

Once registered as an AW during the upcoming 2018 registration amnesty, the bullet-button release can be replaced with standard hardware.  And it may be required to get a serial number from the DoJ and stamp that on the lower receiver.

Yes, magazines will be limited to 10 rounds at that time but it's a lot better than having no AR-15.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Guess he shouldn't have invited The Man into his life.  Oh, wait...
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You make it sound like it's rare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops ratted him out, wow talk about buddy fuckers

Yep those who say that there is "Honor amongst thieves" haven't been around many.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yea but it sure puts an end to the delusion that "Oh, they'll never really enforce that Draconian shit here" "It might be the law but MY Sheriff is a "Good Guy""......Uhuh...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont see a problem with it.
Sounds like some honest cops were just enforcing the law on a guy that was breaking it.
We need more like that.

Yea but it sure puts an end to the delusion that "Oh, they'll never really enforce that Draconian shit here" "It might be the law but MY Sheriff is a "Good Guy""......Uhuh...

Go back to the depression and look at the photos of folks being evicted out of their homes by the Sheriff with the bankers looking over their shoulders.

The same bankers that stole their savings and had the Sheriff protect them from the depositors that trusted them...
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I picture this scene regarding his co-workers.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for the goose....

Yep.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#11]
While I will not encourage anyone to disobey laws, California's laws are getting so draconian that people may soon decide "in for a penny, in for a pound", and if they will be prosecuted for simply having parts for a semi-auto rifle, they might as well build a select fire rifle as they are subject to a felony in either case.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If all the hope we have is five robed eggheads out of a nation of 330 million people to keep an inalienable right alive, then we have already lost.  I get it that we need to "play by the rules" but with the revelations coming out about HRC, the Clinton Foundation, and the acquiescence of the FBI / Comey et al. to the will of powerful people vice the law, we all better start thinking about plan B.

Heller and McDonald supposedly decided it already, but ban states are infringing left and right and SCOTUS has been nothing but inconsistent.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A clue for those STILL in OCCUPIED TERRITORY----As Eddie Murphy said when talking about Poltergeist- "GET THE FUCK OUT"

Anyone who appeals an unfavorable ruling to SCOTUS is absolutely insane.  In the absolute best-case scenario, you will get an even 4-4 split along party lines and the lower court's (9th circuit) ruling stands by default.  Basically, you either get fucked by SCOTUS or they can't save you and you still get fucked by 9th.

If all the hope we have is five robed eggheads out of a nation of 330 million people to keep an inalienable right alive, then we have already lost.  I get it that we need to "play by the rules" but with the revelations coming out about HRC, the Clinton Foundation, and the acquiescence of the FBI / Comey et al. to the will of powerful people vice the law, we all better start thinking about plan B.

Heller and McDonald supposedly decided it already, but ban states are infringing left and right and SCOTUS has been nothing but inconsistent.

That's always been the case.  Unless we are ready to start popping PMAGs in large numbers, we have to face the unfortunate reality that, for those living in the 9th circuit or any other anti-2A circuit, their only hope for any substantial judicial relief died with Scalia.  Until we have a solid majority on SCOTUS again or we convince Congress that it isn't enough to simply block new federal gun control efforts, CA can do whatever it wants, the 9th will rubberstamp it, and SCOTUS can't do a damn thing to stop it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wonder if this cop would arrest an otherwise law abiding citizen if he found him/her in possession of an AR?
View Quote

If he is still a LEO after all this, I would think not, at least hope not.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true. Take your vote somewhere that matters - Oregon, Idaho, Washington.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Work Boyfriend or wife could have dropped the dime just because.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#16]
It boils down to this....

If legislators like Leeland Yee will not comply with the laws as written...

If law enforcement will not comply with the laws as written...

Why should the average peon Joe Public comply with the laws as written?

This is one officer in one department being made an example of.   There are others across the state in every department doing the same as this guy did.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Jesus Christ........California is simply another country.
View Quote
One that I don't have a passport to enter.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#18]
That really fucking sucks for him. Its almost like he is being held to the same standards as a normal Californian would be in the Bay Area.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Here

Thin Blue Line dimed him out.....

Not clear from the Article if it was an 80% or he just put an upper on a lower etc......

View Quote

Impossible. Every gun website on it has members stating the police wont dime each other out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
That's always been the case.  Unless we are ready to start popping PMAGs in large numbers, we have to face the unfortunate reality that, for those living in the 9th circuit or any other anti-2A circuit, their only hope for any substantial judicial relief died with Scalia.  Until we have a solid majority on SCOTUS again or we convince Congress that it isn't enough to simply block new federal gun control efforts, CA can do whatever it wants, the 9th will rubberstamp it, and SCOTUS can't do a damn thing to stop it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone who appeals an unfavorable ruling to SCOTUS is absolutely insane.  In the absolute best-case scenario, you will get an even 4-4 split along party lines and the lower court's (9th circuit) ruling stands by default.  Basically, you either get fucked by SCOTUS or they can't save you and you still get fucked by 9th.

The judiciary has failed us and will continue to do so.  The left is
using Scalia's "dangerous and unusual" language from Heller as a battering ram to
knock down the gates that protect firearms ownership, because in the
end, every weapon is designed to kill someone and is therefore
dangerous.  His use of that term fucked us all.

There is a lot of space between a court of unelected legislators for life reinterpreting plain language into its opposite meaning and shooting people in the face.  Massive, passive civil disobedience through non-compliance already happening a la NY, CT, and CA going nationwide.  Hanging juries left and right for people brought up on charges in these states.  Manufacturers and retailers refusing to sell anything to ban state LE that the unwashed are prohibited from owning.  Massive media mocking, shaming and shunning of the tyrants - both in and out of .gov - who push and pass these laws using social media and lots and lots of cameras, videos, and articles.

I hate to say it, but we need to adopt Alinsky tactics and start making it very, very personal, AND non-violent.  While the fight is about firearms, the weapons to fight it are cameras, the Internet, social media, meatspace networking, and civil disobedience.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Often referred to as 'the land of fruits and nuts.'
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Every place of employment has its hall monitors

Look at all the thread reporters here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every place of employment has its hall monitors

Look at all the thread reporters here

Reported...
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The judiciary has failed us and will continue to do so.  The left is using Scalia's "dangerous and unusual" language from Heller as a battering ram to knock down the gates that protect firearms ownership, because in the end, every weapon is designed to kill someone and is therefore dangerous.  His use of that term fucked us all.

There is a lot of space between a court of unelected legislators for life reinterpreting plain language into its opposite meaning and shooting people in the face.  Massive, passive civil disobedience through non-compliance already happening a la NY, CT, and CA going nationwide.  Hanging juries left and right for people brought up on charges in these states.  Manufacturers and retailers refusing to sell anything to ban state LE that the unwashed are prohibited from owning.  Massive media mocking, shaming and shunning of the tyrants - both in and out of .gov - who push and pass these laws using social media and lots and lots of cameras, videos, and articles.

I hate to say it, but we need to adopt Alinsky tactics and start making it very, very personal, AND non-violent.  While the fight is about firearms, the weapons to fight it are cameras, the Internet, social media, meatspace networking, and civil disobedience.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The judiciary has failed us and will continue to do so.  The left is using Scalia's "dangerous and unusual" language from Heller as a battering ram to knock down the gates that protect firearms ownership, because in the end, every weapon is designed to kill someone and is therefore dangerous.  His use of that term fucked us all.

I don't disagree with you, but I wasn't arguing that there wasn't anything else we could do.  I was just responding to other posters that believed this would be a great case to try and challenge the CA AWB in court.  It isn't, for the reasons outlined above.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Exactly. And, about the time that the case would finally make it to SCOTUS, you're looking at a new justice as the tie breaker....I'm not convinced that justice will be favorably disposed to the Second Amendment. Hence my diatribe about hoping the SCOTUS will be our Savior in all this.....not going to happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. And, about the time that the case would finally make it to SCOTUS, you're looking at a new justice as the tie breaker....I'm not convinced that justice will be favorably disposed to the Second Amendment. Hence my diatribe about hoping the SCOTUS will be our Savior in all this.....not going to happen.

We are not polarized enough - not my words but apropos in this case.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And flakes.  DO NOT DISRESPECT OUR FLAKES! !!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#26]

I read the lame article.  I have no idea what he built that was "prohibited".
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe now it'll be an issue for the SCOTUS?

Besides the obvious 2nd Amendment question (AR = Modern Musket), there is also the Equal Protection clause.  A firearm owned by millions of Americans in many parts of America, is considered illegal to own, in this small part of America.  

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We need to change from AR's to DR'S....Defensive Rifles. Then what will the liberal assholes say?
View Quote

The same thing? lol

Just like "Modern Sporting Rifle" shit. Meaningless words games.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And flakes.  They always forget the flakes.  It's like a breakfast cereal.

eta damn, beat again.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

They will ignore it and just hold hands and sway to the music when Paul Simon sings "Bridge Over Troubled Waters".

I mean, WTF should we expect from a Party of mainly 9,000 year old hippies controlling the ideology?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They will ignore it and just hold hands and sway to the music when Paul Simon sings "Bridge Over Troubled Waters".

I mean, WTF should we expect from a Party of mainly 9,000 year old hippies controlling the ideology?

Well if they are that old we should expect a well overdue toe tag? Or hit them in the head because they are zombies

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sure, if its a department issued gun.

Kind of like MGs are banned for civilian ownership (Aside from Pre-86s transferables) but the gov can have them

Also, crazy they now call a AR15 "assault rifle" I guess the made up term of "Assault weapon" wasn't scary enough so they will just flat out lie and say its a automatic weapon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought police were exempted from California's gun bans?

Sure, if its a department issued gun.

Kind of like MGs are banned for civilian ownership (Aside from Pre-86s transferables) but the gov can have them

Also, crazy they now call a AR15 "assault rifle" I guess the made up term of "Assault weapon" wasn't scary enough so they will just flat out lie and say its a automatic weapon.

No, not department issued guns. Individuals with law enforcement credentials can buy whatever they want. Walk into any gunstore here and there's a "law enforcement only" cabinet.

There was a little scandal here a couple of years ago of LEO buying Gen4 Glocks (can't be purchased here unless you're LEO) then selling them off for over $1,000 each. Us peons can buy used off-roster guns, we just can't buy them new from FFL. Ironic considering The Glockstore in San Diego sells more Glocks than any other store in the country....but can't sell Gen4's. Except to LEO and online sales to other states.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<cough> Portland <cough>  

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to be Mistaken with "the Land of Steers & Queers".....

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
Just a WAG, most likely thought His Brass Pass, meant He could build a Featured Rifle, without a Bullet Button.....

It's Ridiculously Easy to build a Compliant Rifle....

ETA: it's not 2006, at the Birth of the OLL Movement....

How to stay within the Law has been completely Hashed Out,

at least before the New Round of Laws that take Effect next year.....

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
While I will not encourage anyone to disobey laws, California's laws are getting so draconian that people may soon decide "in for a penny, in for a pound", and if they will be prosecuted for simply having parts for a semi-auto rifle, they might as well build a select fire rifle as they are subject to a felony in either case.
View Quote

mass non-compliance.  they can't arrest everyone.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
mass non-compliance. they can't arrest everyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

mass non-compliance. they can't arrest everyone.
IMO, they'll treat it like a Bench Warrant for a Traffic Ticket......

They're not going to SWAT You, for it....

But they won't Ignore You/It, when they find You/It......

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just a WAG, most likely thought His Brass Pass, meant He could build a Featured Rifle, without a Bullet Button.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I'm thinking, as well. But, hey, I thought that being in possession of an non-BB rifle, that was not registered, was a misdemeanor, not a felony.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#39]
What a travesty, I am sure he was such a danger to society
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm going to assume he would not.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It boils down to this....

If legislators like Leeland Yee will not comply with the laws as written...

If law enforcement will not comply with the laws as written...

Why should the average peon Joe Public comply with the laws as written?

This is one officer in one department being made an example of.   There are others across the state in every department doing the same as this guy did.
View Quote

Half the guys at every 3-gun match I've been to are doing the same as this guy did.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:19:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I'm sitting here cackling. Police supported the AWB, now they're the victims of the AWB. And they will be the ones to bring down the AWB.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Maybe this will be a good case for a constitutional challenge...

I'm sure Nolo is already calling up Wolfwood.
View Quote

With a lawsuit in one hand and a can 'O whoopass in the other.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#44]
lol
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks like someone is moving up in the force. way to go, asshole.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If he had been a rural ca dept this would not have happened...
View Quote

Too bad the voting majority is not rural
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wow.... the realization that something so trivial to most of us may cost this man his freedom for no other reason that "California". MS may be dumb and poor but atleast we don't have to worry about that shit.

I hope the next riots in Berkeley burn it to the ground.

View Quote

Berkeley is full of

-chinese CAL students
-old hippies who bought property there in 1970 and are too old to give a shit about anything
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No, they loved serving the community.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We had cops do it for no other reason than they didn't like someone. The black cops on our 4x12 shift got one of their Sgts. bounced with a bogus complaint because, shocking, he wanted them to actually do their jobs.
A female cop in my precinct made a bunch of bogus complaints against me over the years. Best part was that IA told me who she was even though her complaint was supposed to be anonymous. She got ratted out by the rats.

Are they that petty, evil and back stabbing with the general public they meet doing their jobs?

No, they loved serving the community.

Rofl i love extorris posts
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:12:37 PM EDT
[#49]
He would need to have had the Carbine issued by dept or at least a purchase letter on dept letterhead signed by CLEO?

During the ban, I helped quite a few Brothers acquire LE Restricted tactical carbines by having lowers engraved with the Restricted LE/Govt Use Only.   County was short funds, had a mixmash of Bushmasters, Colt, etc, and SWAT was trying to acquire HK G36s but that was before the melting trunnions came to light.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Gee I wonder if police in the United States will actually carry out unconstitutional orders to confiscate guns from civilians?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top