Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In this thread, we bitch about the tbl NOT protecting a cop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops ratted him out, wow talk about buddy fuckers

In this thread, we bitch about the tbl NOT protecting a cop.

I'm not.  I'd prefer they didn't enforce them at all, but if they are, they damn well better enforce them equally.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Anyone who appeals an unfavorable ruling to SCOTUS is absolutely insane.  In the absolute best-case scenario, you will get an even 4-4 split along party lines and the lower court's (9th circuit) ruling stands by default.  Basically, you either get fucked by SCOTUS or they can't save you and you still get fucked by 9th.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A clue for those STILL in OCCUPIED TERRITORY----As Eddie Murphy said when talking about Poltergeist- "GET THE FUCK OUT"

If we keep retreating and encouraging people to retreat there won't be anywhere left to go.

This case could evolve into a real challenge to the CA AWB. An 18 year veteran cop is a good defendant for a federal or SCOTUS challenge.

Anyone who appeals an unfavorable ruling to SCOTUS is absolutely insane.  In the absolute best-case scenario, you will get an even 4-4 split along party lines and the lower court's (9th circuit) ruling stands by default.  Basically, you either get fucked by SCOTUS or they can't save you and you still get fucked by 9th.

Exactly. And, about the time that the case would finally make it to SCOTUS, you're looking at a new justice as the tie breaker....I'm not convinced that justice will be favorably disposed to the Second Amendment. Hence my diatribe about hoping the SCOTUS will be our Savior in all this.....not going to happen.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Good! The only reason shit like this gets by is 99.9% of the time when there are bans police /politicians / rich folk are exempt from the laws. When they have to play by the same rules shit might actually change.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Some animals are more equal...
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Apparently Not!
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:12:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This would be a great fucking test case though IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You make it sound like it's rare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They'll do it to each other with an ease that shocks outsiders.  Someone wants your shift?  Look out because they'll rat you out for anything.  Heaven help you if you get issued a brand-new car and someone feels slighted.  The most interesting is when someone is up for discipline and suddenly they're releasing their investigative notes one everyone around them in a sort of death blossom.  I've seen lifelong "friends" go to war over a promotion slot.  Cops eat their own all the time.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So were the German soldiers rounding up Jews in the 1940s.

Bad things happen when people blindly follow orders without using reason or a conscience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The cop that turned him in was just following orders....

So were the German soldiers rounding up Jews in the 1940s.

Bad things happen when people blindly follow orders without using reason or a conscience.

So you get my point.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A clue for those STILL in OCCUPIED TERRITORY----As Eddie Murphy said when talking about Poltergeist- "GET THE FUCK OUT"

If we keep retreating and encouraging people to retreat there won't be anywhere left to go.

This case could evolve into a real challenge to the CA AWB. An 18 year veteran cop is a good defendant for a federal or SCOTUS challenge.

Fuck that.  It's time to know EXACTLY where we stand.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't disagree. That begs the question though, What then?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll cross that north bridge when we get there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They'll do it to each other with an ease that shocks outsiders.  Someone wants your shift?  Look out because they'll rat you out for anything.  Heaven help you if you get issued a brand-new car and someone feels slighted.  The most interesting is when someone is up for discipline and suddenly they're releasing their investigative notes one everyone around them in a sort of death blossom.  I've seen lifelong "friends" go to war over a promotion slot.  Cops eat their own all the time.  

View Quote

WTF!!??
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I thought police were exempted from California's gun bans?
View Quote

Sort of. If he want an AW for duty use he would have to get written permission from the police chief, buy the AW from a licensed AW dealer, then register the AW as a personally owned law enforcement registered assault rifle with the DOJ.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#14]
And people call Louisiana backwards.
LOL ignorant hicks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#15]
50 years old .  And manufacturing an AW can be as simple as removing the bullet button from a factory equipped rifle.

If they can tie the conviction to his employment then he will lose his pension. About four years ago they changed Cali law. Cops convicted of felonies related to their employment lose their pensions.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or more like some cops did their job and didn't just look the other way when one of their own was breaking the law. It truly amazes me how people think cops should just let other cops slide on the laws they are so willing to jam up an average joe over.
Don't get me wrong I think it's a total bullshit that "shall not be infringed" gets infringed the fuck out of, but Cops SHOULD be held to a higher standard and GOOD cops shouldn't tolerate cops that break laws.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had cops do it for no other reason than they didn't like someone. The black cops on our 4x12 shift got one of their Sgts. bounced with a bogus complaint because, shocking, he wanted them to actually do their jobs.
A female cop in my precinct made a bunch of bogus complaints against me over the years.

Best part was that IA told me who she was even though her complaint was supposed to be anonymous. She got ratted out by the rats.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Am I to assume that all of the illegal alien felons have been caught?  Why else would they have resources and money to pursue  such nonsense.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone who's been paying attention to recent court cases already knows EXACTLY where we stand.  50% of the current SCOTUS believes we have no right to own personal firearms.  If Hillary wins or Obama gets to make another appointment, you can rest assured that percentage will go up.  If Trump wins, it's very likely that percentage will decrease but far from certain.

The 9th Circuit would most assuredly rule against the cop in question.  Hell, they'd uphold the banning of "pew pew" sounds if it was part of an AWB.  The only thing we'd be testing here is whether or not they pretend to be impartial before ruling against the 2A.

In essence, we'd be allowing the 9th circuit to write their own precedent without a SCOTUS that has the numbers to overturn it.  It's clear where we stand.  This is not the battleground upon we wish to fight.  If this had happened in the 5th circuit it would be a completely different story.  But it didn't.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We had cops do it for no other reason than they didn't like someone. The black cops on our 4x12 shift got one of their Sgts. bounced with a bogus complaint because, shocking, he wanted them to actually do their jobs.
A female cop in my precinct made a bunch of bogus complaints against me over the years. Best part was that IA told me who she was even though her complaint was supposed to be anonymous. She got ratted out by the rats.
View Quote

Are they that petty, evil and back stabbing with the general public they meet doing their jobs?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

California is the Stasi state. A nation of tattletales eager to destroy the lives of fellow citizens for a pat on the head from the government and its enforcers.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Iggy Chinn? Former CA DOJ Special Agent in charge of desk-popping and making a niche about zealous prosecution of assault wepaons (including reportedly modifying evidence guns to make them fire full auto), who suddenly left CA DOJ and went to SFPD Iggy Chinn, is that you?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I thought police were exempted from California's gun bans?
View Quote

They are, and so is almost everybody else who's not a felony.  But the law granting exemption has been ignored for decades.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If all the hope we have is five robed eggheads out of a nation of 330 million people to keep an inalienable right alive, then we have already lost.  I get it that we need to "play by the rules" but with the revelations coming out about HRC, the Clinton Foundation, and the acquiescence of the FBI / Comey et al. to the will of powerful people vice the law, we all better start thinking about plan B.

Heller and McDonald supposedly decided it already, but ban states are infringing left and right and SCOTUS has been nothing but inconsistent.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Iggy Chinn? Former CA DOJ Special Agent in charge of desk-popping and making a niche about zealous prosecution of assault wepaons (including reportedly modifying evidence guns to make them fire full auto), who suddenly left CA DOJ and went to SFPD Iggy Chinn, is that you?
View Quote

Maybe, but when I worked in city it looked like more than 1-2 of the LE would turn in a person who had something that was banned.  The Iggster is king blue falcon, he was seen shooting a guy in Oakland back in the 80s and they sent a few LE to ask my friend what he saw.  He stood up for Iggy but admits Iggy shot the guy in the back.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Article lacks description of the rifle. It could have been a featureless build or more likely a bullet button build

This is pertinent to all CA gun owners, what are they going after

Either way the cop is screwed
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Are they that petty, evil and back stabbing with the general public they meet doing their jobs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A female cop in my precinct made a bunch of bogus complaints against me over the years. Best part was that IA told me who she was even though her complaint was supposed to be anonymous. She got ratted out by the rats.

No, they loved serving the community.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If all the hope we have is five robed eggheads out of a nation of 330 million people to keep an inalienable right alive, then we have already lost.  I get it that we need to "play by the rules" but with the revelations coming out about HRC, the Clinton Foundation, and the acquiescence of the FBI / Comey et al. to the will of powerful people vice the law, we all better start thinking about plan B.

Heller and McDonald supposedly decided it already, but ban states are infringing left and right and SCOTUS has been nothing but inconsistent.

View Quote

As I said earlier, IF you believe that the fate of our rights, the nation, hangs solely on SCOTUS, they're ALREADY GONE!!!! I can't say this loudly or often enough. People have to to figure this out---and more importantly, they need to be shaken out of their Normalcy Bias----and start ACTING accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

50 years old .  And manufacturing an AW can be as simple as removing the bullet button from a factory equipped rifle.

If they can tie the conviction to his employment then he will lose his pension. About four years ago they changed Cali law. Cops convicted of felonies related to their employment lose their pensions.
View Quote

He's up against a city wanting to prosecute him with deep pockets, just to prove their point

As an added bonus, they save on a million dollar pension

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is part of what I have been talking about for a long time. This guy had been on the job for 18 years. If I was a betting man I would put money on the person that dimed him out being a younger "hungry" officer that doesn't like the idea of anybody having or using guns outside of the police when they are on duty. Possibly from a totally different culture then the cop that they narced on.
This same changing of the guard will happen in places like Colorado where the current magazine ban is laughed at by pretty much all current LEOs.

He/she will be bucking for detective very soon.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No, they loved serving the community.
View Quote

Jesus Christ........I liked it better when I was ignorant and naïve!!

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#34]
THE MOUTH OF TRUTH - in ancient Rome, one liberal emperor set up a carved head with an open mouth... just write a note denouncing someone, place it in the mouth when no one is looking... and that person would be arrested, and after some fun and games, be execuited.

If you see something, (or not) say something... its a great tool.

its not just the DNC, GOPe, NY Banks, and FBI that are corrupt, its now infecting the police departments, and soon, everything else.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wow.... the realization that something so trivial to most of us may cost this man his freedom for no other reason that "California". MS may be dumb and poor but atleast we don't have to worry about that shit.

I hope the next riots in Berkeley burn it to the ground.

View Quote

This is the hardest part to wrap my head around.  Going to jail for something the majority of the country enjoys unencumbered and honestly most don't even t think twice about.  It really is like living in a different country.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#37]
ATTN: #NeverTrumpers

....possessing an assault weapon, both felonies.
View Quote

Is this what you want?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Apparently Not!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently Not!

No, some still are.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You can also retreat to a strong point instead of being ground into fertilizer serving no real purpose. If you think the current SCOTUS is going to do shit about bad gun laws, you are mistaken.

Any way you look at it we're done. If SCOTUS is the ONLY THING that your entire country is hanging on----then that country is rotten to the fucking core and simply walking dead. At that point, you better be looking out for YOU AND YOURS because the rest of it, ain't worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can also retreat to a strong point instead of being ground into fertilizer serving no real purpose. If you think the current SCOTUS is going to do shit about bad gun laws, you are mistaken.

Any way you look at it we're done. If SCOTUS is the ONLY THING that your entire country is hanging on----then that country is rotten to the fucking core and simply walking dead. At that point, you better be looking out for YOU AND YOURS because the rest of it, ain't worth it.

New York SAFE crap was already ruled on.   Restrictions are permitted...

Full derp ahead for California and the game of one upsmanship with other states.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Good. If they will bust a civilian for having one, they too shouldn't have one.  They should be subjected to the shit laws they enforce
View Quote

QFT.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Good for the goose....

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, we're in a bad place right now with the courts.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep they probably Ironed and Pressed their Cape before saving the planet
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Not a fan of bans but hey if the people gotta live with it then the cops get to play by the same rules. Is there not an exemption for police like there is in NY?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The cop that turned him in was just following orders....
View Quote

This needs repeating
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So you want more cops to enforce un-Constitutional gun laws?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont see a problem with it.
Sounds like some honest cops were just enforcing the law on a guy that was breaking it.
We need more like that.

So you want more cops to enforce un-Constitutional gun laws?

No those cops were sneaky fucking Gestapo pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#50]

"The probe found the officer manufactured and owned a prohibited assault rifle along with AR-15 receiver components"

Really?  a prohibited assault rifle "Along with" AR-15 receiver components?

couldn't just stop at one description of the rifle, had to really try and drive it home as though there are multiple offenses or rifles here.  

Also, since when is "assembling" a single AR referred to as "Manufacturing"???
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top