BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would have bought a wallet from them years ago, if it wasn't for the card breakage issue.
View Quote

They have addressed that in the newer ones and will exchange your current card breaking wallet for a revised version. At least they did for me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't get it.

I mean,if yo can afford really nice shit, go for it, enjoy what you've earned.

But seriously, why the fuck would yo pay that much for fucking wallet or a belt when there are cheaper options available that do the exact same thing?

I'm wearing a gun belt right now that I got at a gunshow from a no name dealer. It's thick, it's comfortable, and it does what I need. I think I paid $40 for it.

YMMV.

View Quote

I don't own a lot of stuff. Mostly because I hate clutter but also because I think most people have homes full of crap they really don't need or even use. Before every purchase I think about it for a day or so and try to imagine the role the item will fill in my life and how often I will use it. However when I do buy things I don't buy cheap. I don't own a lot but what I do own is top shelf so to speak.

Quality is always worth it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
are they better than Louis Vuitton and Gucci?
View Quote

Garbage products sold to people who put form over function. Personally I find their products to be vulgar and gaudy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Have had one of their wallets for nearly two years now, great product.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Supply and demand I guess.

Meh, I won't be buying anything from them anyway.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No Shit.  I want to see the scopes on his rifles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got $4-5K worth of their stuff. They don't make anything I want that I don't already have.

Sorry Dave, too slow.
4-5k

No Shit.  I want to see the scopes on his rifles.

Er, even at current pricing that is not that much actual stuff...
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:49:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They have addressed that in the newer ones and will exchange your current card breaking wallet for a revised version. At least they did for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would have bought a wallet from them years ago, if it wasn't for the card breakage issue.

They did the same for me and no cracks since
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:59:01 AM EDT
[#8]
They seem to already be crazy expensive. Or maybe I don't know shit about leather or I'm just poor.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I hqve their large wallet and I love it, that model never breaks cards. I had my eye on one of their purses for my wife, but if they raise their prices I will start looking harder at coach, who's style she would probably like better anyway.

Oh, and that is the worst "we are jacking prices" announcement ever.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Garbage products sold to people who put form over function. Personally I find their products to be vulgar and gaudy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you could point me to a USA made large all leather purse company that doesnt look like grandma would own I would appreciate it.  Oh also one that isnt vulgar and gaudy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Morlando Leather.  Same Mexican maker, similar products.
View Quote

The angler bag basically the same as the SB Front Pocket Briefcase, is less money, and has the same leather but also has internal nylon liner and pocket.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
From an email I received.  It's time to start neckbearding your leather goods.    

I’ve got some news that will make some people really happyand some people really sad. The good news is that starting September 1st, we’reraising prices significantly. The bad news is that starting September 1st,we’re raising prices significantly with all Saddleback, Love 41, Mountainbackand Backcast designs.
I want to let you know now so you won’t be shocked when ithappens. And I want to be transparent so you understand that we’re not raisingprices trying to become some big fancy pants elitist brand. We’ve actually gotsome really good reasons that hopefully you’ll be cool with and even excitedabout.

Until recently, most everything has been priced way lowerthan it should have been from the start, but we were clueless about how muchour designs cost to make and the cost to run the quality business to sell them.

My intent has always been to offer durable designs made withquality materials at a fair price. I wanted to force the foofy elitist brandsto either raise their overall quality, lower their prices or go the way of thephone book.
We’ve been pricing with our gut and not according to soundaccounting and business principles even though I got a D- in Accounting 101 anddidn’t take one math class in college. And I guess that’s why hundreds of ourcustomers, consultants and friends have been telling us that we’re grosslyunder-priced for the quality we deliver.

View Quote

So, a company that makes leather man purses and laptop bags that cost hundreds of dollars, not to mention the canvas bags at high prices, and NOW, they don't want to be a big fancy pants elitist brand?

So a guy who buys an urban briefcase with more straps and heavy duty buckles than Mistress Pain's BDSM Parlor doesn't want to be an elitist?  The only people who want to make everyone aware of their life choices more than a saddleback owner are crossfitters, rescue pet owners and vegans.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

so you have a velcro wallet?

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#14]
IMHO, if SB is going to significantly raise prices they need to embrace a position as an elitist brand.  Once a good reaches a certain price, conspicuous consumption is a big driver.  

No one buys a Ferrari because the just want a fast sports car.  They buy a Ferrari because they want a fast car and they want the world to know they are wealthy enough to afford one.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#15]
got the email.... kind of weird
either its a joke
or he really is bad at running a business

I did notice this
"daves deals"  the discounted products with blemishes or a misplaced stitch
well now they have decided blemishes are qualities people will pay extra for
so now the ipad case sold at a 20% discount because it had a brand or scar on it
now sells for 50% more    WHAT???????
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's the official wallet of arfcom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
why is this breaking? i never even heard of this place?

It is strange that the official wallet of arfcom is made by a company owned by a man who spent thousands of dollars supporting a candidate that believes Americans have no right to semi automatic firearms.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#18]

So I am planning on getting a new wallet and looking at the bi fold medium or the trifold. Any recommendations between those two?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Picked up their card carrier. Not overly impressed...GD usually has better taste.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

But will you make it home alive?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll never be able to afford a Mexican purse now!
You could book a flight to Mexico Stay in a hotel for 2 nights

Buy a satchel on the street made as well, maybe by same guys

Fly home

Be about same price

But will you make it home alive?  

your head might end up in the bag

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

got the email.... kind of weird

either its a joke

or he really is bad at running a business

I did notice this

"daves deals"  the discounted products with blemishes or a misplaced stitch

well now they have decided blemishes are qualities people will pay extra for

so now the ipad case sold at a 20% discount because it had a brand or scar on it

now sells for 50% more    WHAT???????
View Quote
I remember reading a story, here on the site, about a product that was having problems selling.  I can't remember if it was Craigslist, or whatever...say a $100 product.  Nobody was interested.  He raised the price to $400 and it was sold within a couple of hours.

People do weird things with their money.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Thats ok.  I have one of his wallets.  Ill still buy more.  Was a good ride while it lasted.  The market will tell if he can maintain his new structure.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Just got a Marlondo wallet to compare to my Saddleback.  Quality is sadly not the same.  On the plus side the leather is just as thick, and the price was half of Saddleback's.  But one of the seams was sewn crooked so that cards do not fit in the wallet without bending.  This wallet should have never made it out of the shop.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Until recently, most everything has been priced way lowerthan it should have been from the start, but we were clueless about how muchour designs cost to make and the cost to run the quality business to sell them.

My intent has always been to offer durable designs made withquality materials at a fair price. I wanted to force the foofy elitist brandsto either raise their overall quality, lower their prices or go the way of thephone book.
We’ve been pricing with our gut and not according to soundaccounting and business principles even though I got a D- in Accounting 101 anddidn’t take one math class in college. And I guess that’s why hundreds of ourcustomers, consultants and friends have been telling us that we’re grosslyunder-priced for the quality we deliver.

Forget them.  I have a nice wallet and portfolio from them which I thought were expensive when I bought them.  I used to give their stuff as gifts and what not - I don't recommend them to anyone anymore since they started using lower quality leather with branding marks and shit ("it might look cool" - that was the day I unsubscribed from your mailing list buddy) and raised their prices.  Now this?  Nothing made in "old mexico" with worth that, you can keep your overpriced Mexican crap.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From an email I received.  It's time to start neckbearding your leather goods.    

I’ve got some news that will make some people really happyand some people really sad. The good news is that starting September 1st, we’reraising prices significantly. The bad news is that starting September 1st,we’re raising prices significantly with all Saddleback, Love 41, Mountainbackand Backcast designs.
I want to let you know now so you won’t be shocked when ithappens. And I want to be transparent so you understand that we’re not raisingprices trying to become some big fancy pants elitist brand. We’ve actually gotsome really good reasons that hopefully you’ll be cool with and even excitedabout.

Forget them.  I have a nice wallet and portfolio from them which I thought were expensive when I bought them.  I used to give their stuff as gifts and what not - I don't recommend them to anyone anymore since they started using lower quality leather with branding marks and shit ("it might look cool" - that was the day I unsubscribed from your mailing list buddy) and raised their prices.  Now this?  Nothing made in "old mexico" with worth that, you can keep your overpriced Mexican crap.

You may not believe it but most people in rural areas pay a big premium for branded leather. Its a big fad the last 10 years. Being a cattle guy, i prefer marked leather also.

That being said, im not sure how much longer i will continue to support him even though i like the product. Dave munson is such a fuckin douchebag.

Consider this, they dont sell wholesale so they start with fat margins, dave spends most of his life on vacation, and all of love41 profits go to africa. The last thing they have is margin issues.

I dont normally care what a guy does with his money bc im a business owner also but he just rubs me wrong.

Kind of like when you get a handjob from a girl that has on too many rings and has a healthy grip. Yeah, it feels good but the rub just isnt quite right.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:38:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:51:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'll never be able to afford a Mexican purse now!
View Quote

....you say that, and here's me with some left over harp seal skins & some pink ostrich hide offcuts on the workshop.

Just need to Google to see WTF a Mexican purse is in English!!
Probably some sort of fish carrying device....
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:09:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ill stick with my Rouge wallet made from Shark. No broken cards or back pains.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I've got their Wing Briefcase, and have been extremely happy with it.  Very well made, good quality leather (without any of Saddleback's "it builds character" blemishes), and shipped quickly and well-packed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  Just picked up a blem slim bifold wallet for $19 shipped.  Curious to give it a try.

I've got their Wing Briefcase, and have been extremely happy with it.  Very well made, good quality leather (without any of Saddleback's "it builds character" blemishes), and shipped quickly and well-packed.

Long shot because this post is 5 days old, but do you have pics?

I was looking at that one as a smaller bag then my OG saddle back.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can see paying a premium for a shark wallet.   I see no point at all in paying a huge premium for some artisanal cowhide marketing scam.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top