Page / 7
Posted: 7/25/2016 5:10:06 PM EDT

FF to about 5:00 mins...

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Another Cruz thread. Just what we need.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]

I won't go so far as to say I "like" it. But I understand. It just doesn't bother me. He didn't say vote for Trump. But he definitely said don't vote for Hillary. What does that leave you with? He supported Conservatives. So do I.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I won't go so far as to say I "like" it. But I understand. It just doesn't bother me. He didn't say vote for Trump. But he definitely said don't vote for Hillary. What does that leave you with? He supported Conservatives. So do I.

View Quote

Anyone who came away thinking anything other than this has an agenda.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup. I laughed at the thread claiming ted was dead.

It is what it is, donald sucked the air out of the room. Ted at least stayed strong and didn't bend the knee to the guy that just shat all over his wife.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have not seen this.   Thank you for posting it.

I thought Ted gave a great speech.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#7]
The speech was great.  Much more aligned with my views than Trumps daughter's speech.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
First, I'm a Cruz fan.

Second, I was disappointed that he didn't endorse Trump.   I think he should have sucked it up, but I can also understand why he wouldn't want to.

Third, after all the media hype, I watched the speech and I never could figure out what the big deal was.  

Fourth, I'm still voting for Trump in November and I wouldn't be surprised if Cruz does too, whether he admits to it or not.  The SCOTUS picks are just too important and deep down, he knows that.

Fifth, I pray that Trump wins and turns out to be the best President the country has ever had.    

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I posted the video because with all the discussion since last Thursday I figured someone else would have posted this if they had seen it.

The video supports what I said early on - Trump could have made great lemonade out of Cruz' speech.

All the people in the focus group were undecideds.  All of them thought Cruz's speech was great and they said they were more likely to vote for Trump.

Now if you were to take those very same people and let them see Trump double-down and attack Cruz's wife and father again the next day ...and then let them see Trump yesterday saying he is going to fund a super PAC to defeat Cruz when he runs for reelection...

Wonder how many of them would still feel better about Trump.

My guess is, maybe none of them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I posted the video because with all the discussion since last Thursday I figured someone else would have posted this if they had seen it.

The video supports what I said early on - Trump could have made great lemonade out of Cruz' speech.

All the people in the focus group were undecideds.  All of them thought Cruz's speech was great and they said they were more likely to vote for Trump.

Now if you were to take those very same people and let them see Trump double-down and attack Cruz's wife and father again the next day ...and then let them see Trump yesterday saying he is going to fund a super PAC to defeat Cruz when he runs for reelection...

Wonder how many of them would still feel better about Trump.

My guess is, maybe none of them.
View Quote

I'm voting for Trump but Trump is making it as distasteful as possible. I wish he would attack Hillary with this much energy or at least just stop talking.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
First, I'm a Cruz fan.

Second, I was disappointed that he didn't endorse Trump.   I think he should have sucked it up, but I can also understand why he wouldn't want to.

Third, after all the media hype, I watched the speech and I never could figure out what the big deal was.  

Fourth, I'm still voting for Trump in November and I wouldn't be surprised if Cruz does too, whether he admits to it or not.  The SCOTUS picks are just too important and deep down, he knows that.

Fifth, I pray that Trump wins and turns out to be the best President the country has ever had.    

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Cruz had one job to do, to ensure that the one person who is poised to defeat Hillary had every vote the republican voters could muster for the sake of the republic.

He chose himself over the republic.

At that point in the election, nothing else matters except ensuring Hillary's defeat by instructing his voters to pull for Trump and imploring that all others do as well.

Bernie "the magnificent cuck of all times" Sanders mustered the humility to encourage support for Clinton and yet Ted " I love this republic" Cruz put himself first.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cruz had one job to do, help ensure that the one person who is poised to defeat Hillary had the every vote the republican voters could muster for the sake of the republic. He chose himself over the republic.

At that point in the election, nothing else matters except ensuring Hillary's defeat by instructing his voters to pull for Trump and imploring that all others do as well.

Bernie "the magnificent cuck of all times" Sanders mustered the humility to encourage support for Clinton and yet Ted " I love this republic" Cruz put himself first.

View Quote

You ought to watch the video.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Cruz had one job to do, help ensure that the one person who is poised to defeat Hillary had the every vote the republican voters could muster for the sake of the republic. He chose himself over the republic.

View Quote

Do you know anyone that changed their mind about voting for Trump because of that speech?

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have not seen this.   Thank you for posting it.

I thought Ted gave a great speech.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bernie is a cuckold and did what you want Cruz to do.

You people are fucking insane.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

The reply above is how the cultists respond....

The video shows how non-cultists responded.

Quite a difference!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or is retarded.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Or is retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or is retarded.

This too...
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Or is retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or is retarded.

This is one of those "get both" situations.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quite a difference!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite a difference!
]

Cultists?

Get over yourself already.

I am a Trump voter out of the necessity to defeat Hillary.

I think Trump is a jackass of epic or should I say bigly proportion.

I was a Cruz voter until he revealed that he had no fucking clue how to campaign, he fucking failed on his own.

Ted fucked himself and all those who as he has since proven he is apt to do.

I am voting for Trump because that is who garnered the lion's share of the voter's. Be cause he is in fact the only candidate that stands a chance to defeat Hillary.

I am not happy at all with the prospect of 4 years of Trump but I will not risk having Hillary just so I can vote my principle the republic be damned.

Hope is a shitty plan, but I hope that he does in fact become a good president.

Now does that sound like a "cultist' to you <Removed -40xb>.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Meh, who cares......Trump is the one who got a six point bump in the polls despite Cruz and his bots.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
]

Cultists?

I was a Cruz voter until he revealed that he had no fucking clue how to campaign, he fucking failed on his own.

I am voting for Trump because that is who garnered the lion's share of the voter's. Be cause he is in fact the only candidate that stands a chance to defeat Hillary.

I am not happy at all with the prospect of 4 years of Trump but I will not risk having Hillary just so I can vote my principle the republic be damned.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite a difference!
]

Cultists?

sHillery.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Ted did one hell of a job and showed brass ones.

The nominee for the R's is decided for 2016 but Ted will make a fine President some day.

Looking back on this event in future years, this will be the moment he showed his potential.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
]

Cultists?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite a difference!
]

Cultists?

If you were a cultist, you would have said "Lying Ted" about 5 times.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once again for the geniuses here few though they may be, Bernie the established cuck set aside his personal issues, his political wants for that of his party.

Ted Cruz did not, he instead played to his own ego and delivered a vaguely word instruction to vote up and down the ticket, basically waste your vote on principles and risk a Hillary presidency instead of a humble and hearty, "We have one job at this point in the process and that is to defeat Hillary, nobody is better suited to that task than the nominee Donald Trump".

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Once again for the geniuses here few though they may be, Bernie the established cuck set aside his personal issues, his political wants for that of his party.

Ted Cruz did not, he instead played to his own ego and delivered a vaguely word instruction to vote up and down the ticket, basically waste your vote on principles and risk a Hillary presidency instead of a humble and hearty, "We have one job at this point in the process and that is to defeat Hillary, nobpdy is better suited to that task than the nominee Donald Trump".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ted Cruz did not, he instead played to his own ego and delivered a vaguely word instruction to vote up and down the ticket, basically waste your vote on principles and risk a Hillary presidency instead of a humble and hearty, "We have one job at this point in the process and that is to defeat Hillary, nobpdy is better suited to that task than the nominee Donald Trump".

So what you are saying is....If you vote based on the constitution and freedom, then you are helping Hillary because that vote wouldnt be going to Trump.

Is that about right?

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck you Frank!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Know how I know you didn't watch the video?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
]

Cultists?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite a difference!
]

Cultists?

I call you one precisely because you behave like one.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Another "approved" Cruz thread wherein the folks who like to bitch about Cruz threads they don't approve of, and Trump threads in general, can come to strut their stuff.

"Cruz lost, drop it already".......unless its a pro Cruz thread about their  guy who lost.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Another "approved" Cruz thread wherein the folks who like to bitch about Cruz threads they don't approve of, and Trump threads in general, can come to strut their stuff.

View Quote

Or.....its a thread that counters all of those who said Cruz committed political suicide by backstabbing Trump and that only a delusional Cruzbot would have no problem with it  

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So what you are saying is....If you vote based on the constitution and freedom, then you are helping Hillary because that vote wouldnt be going to Trump.

Is that about right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that about right?

You are dishonest.

I am saying, and you know I am, that there is one person in position that can beat Hillary and though he is not a Constitutionalist like Ted Cruz, I will not throw our republic to Hillary just so I can cast a vote that allows me to say I voted for the constitution.

I respect the constitution for more than you as I will not risk harm to the republic because things didn't work out to my liking. to my great disappointment, Ted Cruz would and did.

All he had to do is give the same speech and finish with a simple request that every republican vote for Trump to ensure Hillary's defeat and the republics protection from her.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Or.....its a thread that counters all of those who said Cruz committed political suicide by backstabbing Trump and that only a delusional Cruzbot would have no problem with it  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is proves is Cruz didn't backstab Trump and if Trump had brains he could have used it to his great advantage.

It also shows that if Trump makes decisions like this if and when he is president, we are in bad shape.

He will be petty, and make irrational choices.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite a difference!
]

Cultists?

Show me where this "'holding his nose and voting for Trump" guy behaved like a cultist,''

A warning though, trying to prove that will keep you far busier than when you tried to piss in the corner of that round room.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#36]
sure, showed balls, but ....

IT WAS A DICK MOVE

and I voted for him in the primary.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Show me where this "'holding his nose and voting for Trump" guy behaved like a cultist,''

A warning though, trying to prove that will keep you far busier than when you tried to piss in the corner of that round room.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite a difference!
]

Cultists?

Now does that sound like a "cultist' to you dumbass.

I don't have to do anything.  Your posts in the various threads do it for me.

You are either a cultist, or a person who does an impeccable job masquerading as one.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
sure, showed balls, but ....

IT WAS A DICK MOVE

and I voted for him in the primary.
View Quote

WHAT about the video?

Did you watch it?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

"Cruz lost, drop it already".......unless its a pro Cruz thread about their  guy who lost.
View Quote

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.” America-first.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Obviously photoshopped.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Meh, who cares......Trump is the one who got a six point bump in the polls despite Cruz and his bots.

View Quote

Polls matter now?  Got it.  In two weeks if Trump's down again they won't matter, too far out, vast conspiracy etc.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You are either a cultist, or a person who does an impeccable job masquerading as one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite a difference!

Cultists?

Now does that sound like a "cultist' to you dumbass.

Blah, blah, blah, fucking blah.  

Show the proof of my cultist behavior or eat the shit you shovel.

As far as masquerading goes, you will have know problem finding years of my posts championing Ted cruz, even before Trump was a blip on the radar. I must be a fucking genius.  

So far al you have done is name calling and making suggestions while providing nothing for proof of your claims.

How very liberal of you in that regard, accusations without proof.  

Either way sport, you can either back up your claims with all if this 'proof' or you can eat shit.

You are either a petulant little man child who would rick the republic to Hillary out of spite for not getting your way or you are a sock puppet sent to sow division in the base as your actions post-convention serve o other purpose.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

As far as masquerading goes, you will have know problem finding years of my posts championing Ted cruz, even before Trump was a blip on the radar. I must be a fucking genius.  

So far al you have done is name calling and making suggestions while providing nothing for proof of your claims.

Either way sport, you can either back up your claims with all if this 'proof' or you can eat shit.

You are either a petulant little man child who would rick the republic to Hillary out of spite for not getting your way or you are a sock puppet sent to sow division in the base as your actions post-convention serve o other purpose.

View Quote

Cultists!  

-or-

"Ex Cruz champions" who masquerade as cultists!  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

The speech was great.  Much more aligned with my views than Trumps daughter's speech.
View Quote

This is why I got so upset with him, being honest. I was a Cruz supporter for a long time, but he lost me when he took the liberal side and blamed Trump for the violence at his rally in Chicago, when we all knew that Cruz would have been treated to the same thing had Trump not been a lightning rod. They would have called Cruz the bigot, the racist, the homophobe had he been the front runner, because that's what liberals do. I could no longer support him once he went that route.

When he spoke at the convention, I thought, from what he was saying, that he had come back home, that he had just made a bad call in a tough fight and it wasn't really who he was. I was thinking, "Yes, Cruz is going to do great things! He's going to be the hero I always thought he was!" And I was really crushed when he turned aside from something that could have made him great.

Cruz could have put himself in a position to advance all of the ideals he espoused in that speech. When he mentioned how much he loved his children, I really thought he was going to say that in order to make a better world for them, he was going to swallow his pride and turn his skills and energy to serving all of the ideals he has just spoken of to thunderous applause. I was gutted when he went the 'vote your conscience' route. I felt stupid. I felt played. It looked for all the world to me that he had specifically crafted his speech to make us believe in him again, just to make it hurt worse when he let us down.

Some folks think Trump laid a trap. Personally, I think Trump gave Cruz an opportunity to rise or fall, and Cruz chose the low road. I really wanted to see him come back and fight the good fight. I have heard people claim the boos were instigated by the NY delegates, but I assure you, there were no operative in my living room influencing me or my wife to be outraged.

Our sense of betrayal was entirely natural. Apparently we love our children more than Cruz does. I assure you, if letting an insult to my wife or father pass in order to have a real chance of making a better world for my children, I would choose my children in a heartbeat.

Others see it differently, and I am not so arrogant as to try to put forth my own take as 'the truth'. But it's surely how I felt. I am no special snowflake. If I took it that way, plenty of other folks did, too. It's a real shame, all around. Cruz was a bright light, or at least I imagined him to be so. That's what made it all the more painful, to see him douse him own flame in a fit of pique.

He could have done so much good, save for pride. As they say, pride goeth before a fall.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This is why I got so upset with him, being honest. I was a Cruz supporter for a long time, but he lost me when he took the liberal side and blamed Trump for the violence at his rally in Chicago, when we all knew that Cruz would have been treated to the same thing had Trump not been a lightning rod. They would have called Cruz the bigot, the racist, the homophobe had he been the front runner, because that's what liberals do. I could no longer support him once he went that route.

When he spoke at the convention, I thought, from what he was saying, that he had come back home, that he had just made a bad call in a tough fight and it wasn't really who he was. I was thinking, "Yes, Cruz is going to do great things! He's going to be the hero I always thought he was!" And I was really crushed when he turned aside from something that could have made him great.

Cruz could have put himself in a position to advance all of the ideals he espoused in that speech. When he mentioned how much he loved his children, I really thought he was going to say that in order to make a better world for them, he was going to swallow his pride and turn his skills and energy to serving all of the ideals he has just spoken of to thunderous applause. I was gutted when he went the 'vote your conscience' route. I felt stupid. I felt played. It looked for all the world to me that he had specifically crafted his speech to make us believe in him again, just to make it hurt worse when he let us down.

Some folks think Trump laid a trap. Personally, I think Trump gave Cruz an opportunity to rise or fall, and Cruz chose the low road. I really wanted to see him come back and fight the good fight. I have heard people claim the boos were instigated by the NY delegates, but I assure you, there were no operative in my living room influencing me or my wife to be outraged.

Our sense of betrayal was entirely natural. Apparently we love our children more than Cruz does. I assure you, if letting an insult to my wife or father pass in order to have a real chance of making a better world for my children, I would choose my children in a heartbeat.

Others see it differently, and I am not so arrogant as to try to put forth my own take as 'the truth'. But it's surely how I felt. I am no special snowflake. If I took it that way, plenty of other folks did, too. It's a real shame, all around. Cruz was a bright light, or at least I imagined him to be so. That's what made it all the more painful, to see him douse him own flame in a fit of pique.

He could have done so much good, save for pride. As they say, pride goeth before a fall.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz never blamed Trump for the BLM protesters. He condemned their actions, but as usual lies repeated often enough become the truth. Trump didn't just insult Cruz's family, he promoted lies that Cruz cheated on his wife and his father help assassinate a President. If you were triggered by being told to vote your conscience, then the problem lies with you.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Another one who didn't watch the video.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Cultists!  

-or-

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cultists!  

-or-

Poor thing, it is sad really.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#49]
can we all just stfu about Cruz?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Cruz never blamed Trump for the BLM protesters. He condemned their actions, but as usual lies repeated often enough become the truth. If you were triggered by being told to vote your conscience, then the problem lies with you.
View Quote

Cruz also rightly criticized Trump for inciting his followers to punch people and promising to pay legal bills.

The cultists twist the truth.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top