Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Aimless is going to want to fight to the death to be top ARF lawyer
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WTF you need a law degree to clean guns now? Obama's economy has absolutely fucked us all.
View Quote

Never said i was going to clean guns. although there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a craftsman and highly skilled at building guns.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Try and get a good nights rest.   Do not stress.   You can always retake it.   Too much stress will lead to test anxiety.  

You passed law school.   You prepped.   You know the material.   Be confident. For essays, explain your answers.   Most graders give points for good analysis AND knowing the black letter law.   If you don't know the answer,  then at least wrestle with the facts and explain the possible outcomes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
WTF you need a law degree to clean guns now? Obama's economy has absolutely fucked us all.
View Quote

But yes, his economy has fucked us all.

But wait, i thought unemployment was at record lows?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dress appropriately.  I doubt TN makes you wear a suit, but if it does make sure you wear business attire or risk being excluded.

Also, when I took the KY bar they had the AC cranked so much condensation was dripping from the vents onto some tables.  You may want a jacket in the car just in case.
& another just in case- make sure your computer works & you know the admin password.  I for some reason had a bit of trouble with my pw on my then newish laptop.  You don't want to be unable to load the necessary software and end up taking the exam on paper (or not being another to take it).
View Quote

VA is one of the few states that still requires you to wear a suit to sit for the bar. I was actually glad today because the testing center was exactly as you described it: freezing cold. I know that had a suit not been required, I would not have been dressed warm enough to be comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing like a drink and watching our former President tell us about his "wife" is going to make us a great country.

Why do the American people not see him and them for what they are?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]
If you prepped, it's not that bad.  If not, you're going to fail anyway.  Just take the test and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Deep breaths, keep a steady pace, and don't talk about the questions and answers during the breaks. Stay focused on what you know. If you don't know an answer to an essay question, use logic to come up with the most plausible answer. You're not going to learn anything new in the next 48 hours, so just sharpen up the edges and do the best you can. You know the answers, go kick its ass.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:34:06 AM EDT
[#9]
This is what you have to look forward to

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:05:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I regard dummy-mimbo Kennedy basically as a spree killer, given how he practically murdered his wife and that other girl through flagrant incompetence and absence of common sense
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good night's sleep probably most important.  It sucks, but there is guaranteed to be some heavy duty drinking going on afterwards.  

Think of it this way:  you could fail 3x and still not be as dumb as Cuomo or that Kennedy kid who crashed his plane.

I regard dummy-mimbo Kennedy basically as a spree killer, given how he practically murdered his wife and that other girl through flagrant incompetence and absence of common sense

Reckless manslaughter. The guy had a death wish. There was an op-ed in The New York Times after they found the wreck. The author was a reporter familiar with the stupid shit the Kennedy family, and Junior in particular, used to pull. I don't remember which one of them killed himself playing ski football. JFK Jr. used to run down to the 29th Street Pier and rent a kayak when there was a storm coming on the Hudson River. This is slightly less dangerous than dressing up in a keffieh and shouting, "Allahu Akhbar!" at the Marines guarding the aircraft carrier. The sad thing is that the ladies had no clue how dangerous he was.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:56:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree with the OP, I tell anyone considering law school to take a pass.

As far as the bar exam, I'd suggest getting a good night's sleep and don't worry about cramming now as it won't help.

You will walk out of the test thinking you failed. In fact everyone will.

Of the people I graduated, nobody who failed was a surprise to me. In fact nobody I know who did good in law school failed.

Think of it this way, if 70% of the people pass the bar exam, you only have to do better than the bottom 30% to pass.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top