[#1]
I read:

BBC Sybian Midget Dies
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:25:31 AM EDT
[#2]

The blast was German but the victim was Syrian
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Didn't the Syrian cause the German blast?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]
rofl
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#5]
"Asylum seeker"
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't the Syrian cause the German blast?
View Quote

Not after the story was run through the New Speak translater...
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:40:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Negative -- read the ammended headline --

Syrian asylum seeker blows himself up in Germany

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Needs breaking in the headline.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"Asylum seeker"
View Quote

Was he a widow or an orphan?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:50:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"Asylum seeker"
View Quote

Failed asylum seeker, apparently.  

He received his deportation notice on 13 July according to latest reports.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Well no shit, the bomb was probably strapped to his chest!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Asylum seeker"

How was someone that going to be deported allowed to walk freely and then get a bomb and then take said bomb to a crowded area?

Oh of course, liberals.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#18]
What a shame
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How was someone that going to be deported allowed to walk freely and then get a bomb and then take said bomb to a crowded area?

Oh of course, liberals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Asylum seeker"

Oh of course, liberals.

He had been granted temporary right to stay while his asylum application was considered ad as such was able to walk freely.

When it failed he was given a period of notice that he would be deported to Bulgaria.

At that point he had not committed any offences nor was he under suspicion for any terrorist activity.  As such there were no grounds to incur the costs of imprisoning him.

The US has similar discretionary arrangements in place, I believe.

As for the bomb - no idea how he was able to get it and use it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Asylum seeker"

Failed in literally every way.

Failed asylum seeker.

Failure to be a reasonable, decent person.

Failed religion.

Failure to take anyone with him to his 72 virgins.

I'm sure there are more.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
He had been granted temporary right to stay while his asylum application was considered ad as such was able to walk freely.

When it failed he was given a period of notice that he would be deported to Bulgaria.

At that point he had not committed any offences nor was he under suspicion for any terrorist activity.  As such there were no grounds to incur the costs of imprisoning him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Asylum seeker"

Oh of course, liberals.

Blah, blah, blah.  It gets people killed.

And yes, the US might even be worse in letting illegals walk freely after they have been deported.  Like I said liberals.

If we had my way they have 30 days to self deport to report to a deportation station for a free ticket home.

After that if we catch you it is a bullet in the head.

I'm done with illegals.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Won't be the last either.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#24]
The newspeak is getting ridiculous.

From the same article," On Friday a gun attack killed nine in Munich."

I guess the gun acted on it's own without the terrorists help.

Also this little gem is in there: insisted it was wrong to blame "Angela Merkel and her refugee policy" for last week's violence

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Your last link is this thread, congratulations

The topic of this thread is the BBC and their shitty biased reporting, not the bomber itself.  Hence, no dupe.

View All Quotes

I'll normally be the first to criticise the BBC where they are biased, but in this case the BBC has been quick and rather unbiased in the reporting of facts.

The picture you posted had no date stamp on it or indication of at what stage the headline was used, if indeed it is genuine.  I did not see that headline, despite checking for updates own the BBC website regularly while working though the night.

It may be that the headline was used in the early stages as the story was developing and they were still piecing together what was happening.

Furthermore, the picture you posted does not give any detail of the subtext or story, which one the information had been provided by the German sources, has consistently reported that a blast had occurred, that it was believed to be a deliberate use of an explosive device and that the suspect was a Syrian.

Either way, the headline is factually correct, if badly worded.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

And yes, the US might even be worse in letting illegals walk freely after they have been deported.  Like I said liberals.

If we had my way they have 30 days to self deport to report to a deportation station for a free ticket home.

I'm done with illegals.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Asylum seeker"

Oh of course, liberals.

I'm done with illegals.

30 minutes...

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'll normally be the first to criticise the BBC where they are biased, but in this case the BBC has been quick and rather unbiased in the reporting of facts.

The picture you posted had no date stamp on it or indication of at what stage the headline was used, if indeed it is genuine.  I did not see that headline, despite checking for updates own the BBC website regularly while working though the night.

It may be that the headline was used in the early stages as the story was developing and they were still piecing together what was happening.

Furthermore, the picture you posted does not give any detail of the subtext or story, which one the information had been provided by the German sources, has consistently reported that a blast had occurred, that it was believed to be a deliberate use of an explosive device and that the suspect was a Syrian.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

AS would this,

"Muslim refugee, recently ordered expelled, later killed by violence in Germany"
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
AS would this,

"Muslim refugee, recently ordered expelled, later killed by violence in Germany"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

AS would this,

And they know what they are doing.

I will side with Funky though on this.  The BBC has better information inside the articles than nearly all US outlets.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"Asylum seeker"
View Quote

this, and 3 of the last 4 incidents carried out by "asylum seekers"
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I will side with Funky though on this.  The BBC has better information inside the articles than nearly all US outlets.

View Quote

would you say, charitably, that 90% of news consumers read the headline and move on without reading the text of the article?

What do you think the power of drudge is?

It isn't that he links articles.  Its that he manipulates headlines.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm done with illegals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Asylum seeker"

Oh of course, liberals.

I'm done with illegals.

He wasn't illegal, that's the thing.

He had permission to stay while his asylum application process was considered, and was under notice that he would be deported to Bulgaria.  He had not committed any offences because he had been granted temporary permission to stay and the authorities at the time apparently had no reason to believe he was a risk or was involved in criminal activity.

You cannot go around depriving people of their liberty for no reason, especially if the reason they are there is because you granted them permission to do so.

You could however potentially level criticism at the German authorities if they failed to act in a timely manner in picking him up and deporting him, if the notice period for his deportation had expired.

ETA:   Just to clarify, I'm with you on the illegals.  They are criminals and have entered illegally and by criminal means.  As such they should be treated as criminals, held in a secure place and deported quickly.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#32]
NPR called the Nice attack a "Truck Accident."
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was that early stages or later on as the details made it quite clear it was no accident?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Angela Merkel sure is getting a lot of her people killed
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Was that early stages or later on as the details made it quite clear it was no accident?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

does it matter?

Thats the beauty of the news cycle.  People check their facebook/twitter, read the headlines and drop out.

Less than 5% will follow a story after 5 hours.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Angela Merkel sure is getting a lot of her people killed
View Quote

are they suddenly targeting communist bureaucrats in brussels?

I missed that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#37]
The increasing frequency of these 'isolated incidents' is beginning to challenge the ability of sympathetic media agencies to conduct damage control.

Bad times ahead in Europe.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

does it matter?

Thats the beauty of the news cycle.  People check their facebook/twitter, read the headlines and drop out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

does it matter?

That might be true, but yeah it does matter.

If it was early on in the incident while details were still sketchy then I can forgive a generic headline.

If the headline was later on when the nature ion the incident is better understood and the headline is clearly misleading, then yeah, they deserve flaming.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Your last link is this thread, congratulations

The topic of this thread is the BBC and their shitty biased reporting, not the bomber itself.  Hence, no dupe.

View All Quotes

If that was your intent, you the thread title is poorly worded.  There's no indication of biased reporting.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was Saturday, two days ago.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nearly as big a misdirection lie...

Who seeks asylum...finds it....then blows himself up?....

A terrorist who believes a particular dogma that encourages terrorism....he didn't blow himself up to commit suicide he blew himself up in order to kill others not of his cult...in accordance to the teachings
of that cult...premature detonation.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then they are taking the piss and deserve a good flaming.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Asylum seeker"

Oh of course, liberals.

And that is why Europe is on the losing side of Sharia law.

No balls.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No balls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Asylum seeker"

Oh of course, liberals.

No balls.

You really are fucking clueless.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted: He had been granted temporary right to stay while his asylum application was considered ad as such was able to walk freely.

View Quote
"SYRIAN MIGRANT DEPORTED TO BULGARIA - SAYS HE'S NOT FROM THERE"

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: He had been granted temporary right to stay while his asylum application was considered ad as such was able to walk freely.

True - not sure why Bulgaria.

From a German perspective that may have been the first safe country they had a record of him being in, or maybe Bulgaria was prepared to take him as part of the EU's screwed up plan to spread the refugees and "share the burden".

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
(snip) Either way, the headline is factually correct, if badly worded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
(snip) Either way, the headline is factually correct, if badly worded.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Funky you are entirely too forgiving.  "The media" have shown themselves all too willing to omit or delay facts that don't fit the narrative and obfuscate far beyond what traditional journalistic rules of cautious reporting would require.

This comedy sketch sums it up rather nicely.

If it was a once in a while thing I could buy your argument of an innocent mistake.  Since this seems to be the norm rather than the exception I think we're beyond Hanlon's razor and into intentional acts.  The BBC editorial board just has a bit more integrity than NPR and will correct misleading headlines and stories if a stink is raised.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#49]
You guys over there in Europe need to ban Bombs FFS!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Asylum seeker"

Oh of course, liberals.

His motives

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top