Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/24/2016 12:47:12 PM EDT
Last night the family went out for dinner.  My kids are both under 12 so they both get kids meals.  Firstly, I ordered a Corona, the waiter left then returned and told me they were out of Corona and would a Corona Light be OK.  NO, I say how about a MGD Instead?  Waiter leaves and returns - with a Corona!  He says "We weren't out, we're just trying to get rid of the Corona Lights.  OK, so you lie to your  customers to dump the shit you can't sell!

Secondly, we place our order, kids taco, kids burger, turkey sandwich for the wife and I get the nachos.   Then we wait - for an hour and a half!  The people sitting next to us, who showed up 20 minutes after we ordered, get their food, pay and leave before we get our food.  The waiter lies to us again and tells us that they're super busy, hence the delay - but using my sense of sight i can see the place is almost empty.  We got there at 6pm, it's now 7:50 and we haven't gotten food yet.  But as we're debating just walking out, the food shows up.

We eat and then the bill comes.  The dumb ass waiter charged us for an adult burger -$10.99 instead of $3.99 for the kids.  I say, this isn't right, this is the regular price.  And he says "I know, I put it in as an adult meal because the kids burger is much smaller.  My daughter ate half of the burger because it was too big for a 9 yr old girl.  

I decided then and there that Micks will never see another penny from me.  Ever have a shitty dining out experience?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard a story about Ryan's Steakhouse.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Had a similar experience at an Olive Garden years ago. I have never set foot in one since.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I ate at a Ryan's steakhouse last year and told the guy I went with the parts I remember from the story and the Mac n cheese and he bout shit himself on the way to the barracks because he thought I was bullshitting him

I haven't really been anywhere terrible service wise but I have had some pretty awful food at places
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
When he lied the first time I would have asked for the manager. Then again after waiting an hour and a half for food when others came in after and got their food before me I would have asked for a manager again. And then when it was all comped by the manager I would have left the asshole waiter two cent tip. Hell I have done it before. Was traveling for work and waiting 15 minutes for the bitch came and took my drink order. Right after she did the manager came by and asked how everything was going. Told the manager I had been there 15 minutes and just got my drink and how the waitress acted surprised to see someone in her area. When the bitch brought my check she made a point to say that because I complained the manager took half off my bill. I told her since it isn't my money I wouldn't ask to speak to her manager again and that my work says I have to tip at least 15% and I am ignoring it and here is your two cents for your shitty attitude. Never been back to any Applebee's since.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure, plenty of times. I'm glutarded. So when I ask for  gluten free, I mean it. Sometimes a place will say that they have gluten free options available, but I can tell the knowledge of the staff or their food handling practices are not up to par. In those cases I have to write the restaurant off. Vowing not to go back to a restaurant happens way too much for me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Friends and I wanted to get the all you can eat skrimpesesesesesesss at Red Lobster. In short, 2 hours and only salads were served and everyone around us came and got their food before us. Got up, paid for drinks and salad. Emailed their corporate HQ and got $120 worth of coupons.

Firestone tire center. Ordered a tire, they said two weeks. I come back two weeks later, told me another two weeks. I come back, manager told me the tire was never ordered. He did not give a fuck. It would have been cool if he'd had offered free installation for my trouble or something for their fuck up.  Told the manager I was contacting corporate, did not give one fuck.   E mailed corporate. They verified my story, paid for my tire at a different store. Firestone HQ has excellent customer service.  I know corporate had to have climbed up that manager's ass.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes indeed, a few times.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Sure hope you didn't pay that price for the burger.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]
We had a recent experience at a bbq place where we waited and waited and other people who came in after LP and myself were getting entrees and what not, and we had to flag down another waitress to try to get our drink and food orders in. Our original waitress came back and had obviously been crying so she was really having a bad day for real so we did not make a stink or anything and she gave us free deserts and pops so it turned out alright, but for a time there we were mad. At least no one lied to us or anything like that. Just a girl our ages having a horrible day and carried it into work with her, which is understandable that could happen.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes indeed, a few times.
View Quote

Intriguing
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sure hope you didn't pay.

View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Top five restaurants I will never go to again.

Olive Garden
Carabs's
Golden Corral
Conner's Steakhouse
Green Flash
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes indeed, a few times.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I haven't stepped foot in a Cracker Barrel in about twenty years.  The last time I ate there, I ended up spending the night in the hospital.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I went into Steak and shake and ordered the bacon double that comes with ketchup and mayo. I told the waitress 3 times that I didn't want mayo and then asked her what my order was and had her repeat it. Mayo gives me an instant gag reflex. We wait for almost 30 minutes for our food and when she brings it, my wife's fries are wrong. We both ordered the cajun fries. She also failed to bring us napkins. While Waiting for her to return with the napkins I investigate my burger. I open it up and the burger has no mayo on it and I'm thinking, cool. Just as the waitress returns with the napkins I bite into my burger and immediately taste mayo and start gagging. I spit it out on the plate and looked at the burger again and there the mayo was.

It was completely covering the bottom of the bun on the outside. I looked at the waitress and said "what the fuck is this shit" she looked at me all googley eyed. I showed her the mayo that was all over my thumbs from holding the burger and repeated " what the fuck is this shit" again. I'm beyond pissed. She mumbles something about getting the manager and I said fuck it and rinsed my mouth out with my soda and spit it into a napkin and got up and left. There was a line at the door and all of this went down in front of about 10 people.

I've worked in food service before for 7 years and if your prep area is so nasty that condiments and whatever else gets into the food you are preparing then you are a poor restaurant operator.  I will never eat there again.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Last night the family went out for dinner.  My kids are both under 12 so they both get kids meals.  Firstly, I ordered a Corona, the waiter left then returned and told me they were out of Corona and would a Corona Light be OK.  NO, I say how about a MGD Instead?  Waiter leaves and returns - with a Corona!  He says "We weren't out, we're just trying to get rid of the Corona Lights.  OK, so you lie to your  customers to dump the shit you can't sell!

Secondly, we place our order, kids taco, kids burger, turkey sandwich for the wife and I get the nachos.   Then we wait - for an hour and a half!  The people sitting next to us, who showed up 20 minutes after we ordered, get their food, pay and leave before we get our food.  The waiter lies to us again and tells us that they're super busy, hence the delay - but using my sense of sight i can see the place is almost empty.  We got there at 6pm, it's now 7:50 and we haven't gotten food yet.  But as we're debating just walking out, the food shows up.

We eat and then the bill comes.  The dumb ass waiter charged us for an adult burger -$10.99 instead of $3.99 for the kids.  I say, this isn't right, this is the regular price.  And he says "I know, I put it in as an adult meal because the kids burger is much smaller.  My daughter ate half of the burger because it was too big for a 9 yr old girl.  

I decided then and there that Micks will never see another penny from me.  Ever have a shitty dining out experience?
View Quote

I work in the restaurant industry.

Your entire check should've been comped.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#18]
There was a chain of family restaurants in the Detroit area called Ram's Horn. I had a burger there when I was in high school and it gave me food poisoning. Never went back. Pretty sure they've all closed since then.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Taqueria Guadalajara off 77 in Kingsville. I got sick within minutes of finishing my meal and threw up in their bathroom. Dirty Mexican road stop diner - use your imagination. I'll never go back.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Taqueria Guadalajara off 77 in Kingsville. I got sick within minutes of finishing my meal and threw up in their bathroom. Dirty Mexican road stop diner - use your imagination. I'll never go back.
View Quote

I thought you were talking about Taqueria Jalisco just north of Kingsville and right next to that gun store.  I stop there all of the time when I am headed down to the Valley beacuse I can park a carhauler there.

Even if you were talking about the same place it doesn't matter because I have an iron stomach and I love Mexican food.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Whether or not I will go back depends on how they handle my complaint. We(4 adults and 2 kids) went to Spaghetti Warehouse last week, and the waiter got an attitude when the drink order was changed, after he turned it in(2 sprites got changed to Strawberry Lemonades, after one was seen at a nearby table). He didn't want to change it even though the lemonades were more $$. Then he got snippy because one of the ladies changed her order(but while still taking the rest of the orders).
After the food came and the waiter never came back and we had to ask another waiter for the check, I also asked him to see the manager. He took 25% off the check. I will go back.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I wrote off IHOP about 6 or 7 years ago.  Typical gripe of a waiter who went MIA after bringing our drinks.  Took at least an hour to get the food, which was cold and nasty.  Just getting the bill so we could pay and leave was a pain in the ass.  I suppose I could have griped to a manager and gotten it free, but who knows how long that would have taken.  I just wanted to leave.  Went to pay and as luck would have it the waiter jumped on the register... so I got to enjoy writing a bit $0 in for the tip.  Never went to another IHOP.

I'm usually pretty easy going when it comes to getting pissed at restaurants or even fast food place.  But this was garbage.  I really don't care about getting the meal for free or letting them fix it.. I just never go back lol
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Several
One was so bad I think the Donner Party would have refused the food there. Ordered a steak, you know, something that you associate with cattle; this looked like road kill, Fear Factor food, a rubber dog chew toy, or something.  The baked potato also appeared to be left over….from 2 or 3 days.  The cooks must have really been trying hard to screw up food this badly. Service was terrible as well.  
Another one is a heavily advertised national chain -  Ordered wings as an appetizer, it looked like they came from small, weak, anorexic chickens, took 15 minutes to get there, server did not bring napkins. Silverware didn't make it to the table.  I got up went to the servers station and got napkins for the table. When the meal came server just sort of threw it on the table and ran off. That was the last we saw of her until she promptly brought out the check.  The burger buns were hard like they were old. The "gourmet burgers" were tasteless sort of like meat from culled dairy cattle.  Toppings were wilted lettuce and pulverized tomatoes. There were 10 fries in the fancy little cylinder. Half of those were still frozen. It was supposedly bottomless fries, but as I said, server disappeared. When she brought the check we asked to see the manager. After 15 minutes manager and server were MIA. We left exact change for the meal on table and left. Oh, and it wasn't just us, we heard people at tables around us complaining to each other as well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I haven't eaten Long John Silvers in 28 years.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I went into Steak and shake and ordered the bacon double that comes with ketchup and mayo. I told the waitress 3 times that I didn't want mayo and then asked her what my order was and had her repeat it. Mayo gives me an instant gag reflex. We wait for almost 30 minutes for our food and when she brings it, my wife's fries are wrong. We both ordered the cajun fries. She also failed to bring us napkins. While Waiting for her to return with the napkins I investigate my burger. I open it up and the burger has no mayo on it and I'm thinking, cool. Just as the waitress returns with the napkins I bite into my burger and immediately taste mayo and start gagging. I spit it out on the plate and looked at the burger again and there the mayo was.

It was completely covering the bottom of the bun on the outside. I looked at the waitress and said "what the fuck is this shit" she looked at me all googley eyed. I showed her the mayo that was all over my thumbs from holding the burger and repeated " what the fuck is this shit" again. I'm beyond pissed. She mumbles something about getting the manager and I said fuck it and rinsed my mouth out with my soda and spit it into a napkin and got up and left. There was a line at the door and all of this went down in front of about 10 people.

I've worked in food service before for 7 years and if your prep area is so nasty that condiments and whatever else gets into the food you are preparing then you are a poor restaurant operator.  I will never eat there again.
View Quote

There are very few things more pathetic and cowardly than acting all tough guy and cussing at someone you KNOW just has to sit their and take it from you at risk of losing their job.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the waiter fired.

Actually as soon as he said that about the beer, we would have left.

After the hour wait, for the food (if I chose to overlook the beer), the manager would have been summoned and we would have discussed the beer and our neighbor's service compared to ours and he would have been given a chance to do something about it.

I hope you didn't pay with a credit card, if you paid at all. Waiter is crooked as hell.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Buffalo Wild Wings.

I go there around 4pm, before the dinner rush to get an order of wings to go.  There is no joke more staff than customers inside.

I order my food (IIRC it was ~15 wings) and it takes me almost an hour to get them. Okay, cool.

Except that they were lukewarm, soft, and the sauce on them was dried out. It looked like they had been done cooking 30 or more minutes ago, but they forgot to give them to me and just let them sit, and when they realized it they grabbed them and gave them to me.  These wings are not fucking cheap either.  

That was about 4 or so years ago, and I have been back to one in any location since.  And I used to get them around once per month previously.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Had one bad meal (primarily service related) and complained to the Manager. She offered me a free appetizer for next time I came in. I said "So, your response to me being unhappy with my meal is to have me come back and pay for another meal?"

She comped our entire check.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Subway.
Shit water while simultaneously vomitting for about 5 hours. Did not eat for a few days. Have not eaten one of thier subs since. Have eaten thier chocolate chip cookies.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Chik-fil-A
Twice.
There will never be a third time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I have learned to use Yelp quite a bit. If I get screwed on food or service I put it out there. I now check Yelp before I go to a new place to get a feel of what to expect.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Chik-fil-A
Twice.
View Quote

Details.  While I think they are a tad on the overpriced and overrated side of things (flame suit on)  I have never heard complaints of poor service from their.  They tend to always be clean restaurants with great employees.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#34]
... It would be difficult for me to ever step foot into any Filiberto's again
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#35]
I have worked in restaurants, so I judge harshly.

Doesn't take much for me to never come back.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Bonnie's Place in Lansing, MI. They're out of business now.

Fuck you, Tia. You're the shittiest waitress ever.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Jason's Deli, and all I had was the salad bar.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Should have walked at the lying over the beer. Definitely should have left after the people who got there 20 mins later than you got their food 1st. Should have showed your ass to the manager and made sure he/she knew exactly why......along with everyone else.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There was a chain of family restaurants in the Detroit area called Ram's Horn. I had a burger there when I was in high school and it gave me food poisoning. Never went back. Pretty sure they've all closed since then.
View Quote

Nope, still around and still serving Shit Burgers
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:57:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Outback steakhouse stopped having their sweet potato fries. I can go without a fancy fried onion and I can get decent steak at home. Haven't been back.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rams horn is alive and well. Most of the time people think they got sick from food it was a virus already inside you.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When he lied the first time I would have asked for the manager. Then again after waiting an hour and a half for food when others came in after and got their food before me I would have asked for a manager again. And then when it was all comped by the manager I would have left the asshole waiter two cent tip. Hell I have done it before. Was traveling for work and waiting 15 minutes for the bitch came and took my drink order. Right after she did the manager came by and asked how everything was going. Told the manager I had been there 15 minutes and just got my drink and how the waitress acted surprised to see someone in her area. When the bitch brought my check she made a point to say that because I complained the manager took half off my bill. I told her since it isn't my money I wouldn't ask to speak to her manager again and that my work says I have to tip at least 15% and I am ignoring it and here is your two cents for your shitty attitude. Never been back to any Applebee's since.
View Quote

The manager was the person who told him to lie about the Corona.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Logan's

Wife and I got sick after eating there.

When we drive by one I get nauseous.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Details.  While I think they are a tad on the overpriced and overrated side of things (flame suit on)  I have never heard complaints of poor service from their.  They tend to always be clean restaurants with great employees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chik-fil-A
Twice.

Service was fine and from what I could see the restaraunt was clean(I went through the drive through).
The food was horrible both times Ive eaten there. I dont remember specifically the first time what was wrong only that it took a decade before I got dragged there again.
2nd time was chicken strips. They were some of the most gristly undercooked chicken I have ever tried to eat. Literally cold and pink still and filled with gristle. I ended up giving that whole order to my dog.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Breakfast menu is all I do there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking. Waiters don't care if the place is overstocked with a certain beer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

My wife and I had a very similar experience at BWW's, waited almost 1.5hrs for our dinner. Called a manager over and explained the situation, he not only comped our meal, he got us extra food, and gave us a gift card for $25. He also dropped our server and he took care of us the rest of the meal.

They really made the situation right and them some.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buffalo Wild Wings.

I go there around 4pm, before the dinner rush to get an order of wings to go.  There is no joke more staff than customers inside.

I order my food (IIRC it was ~15 wings) and it takes me almost an hour to get them. Okay, cool.

Except that they were lukewarm, soft, and the sauce on them was dried out. It looked like they had been done cooking 30 or more minutes ago, but they forgot to give them to me and just let them sit, and when they realized it they grabbed them and gave them to me.  These wings are not fucking cheap either.  

That was about 4 or so years ago, and I have been back to one in any location since.  And I used to get them around once per month previously.

My wife and I had a very similar experience at BWW's, waited almost 1.5hrs for our dinner. Called a manager over and explained the situation, he not only comped our meal, he got us extra food, and gave us a gift card for $25. He also dropped our server and he took care of us the rest of the meal.

They really made the situation right and them some.

Our mens softball team stops at the BWWs in Lynnwood WA every Thursday night after our 2 games, as we have for approx. 4 yrs now

We get 5 star service every single time and have never had an incident of not good food and have ate there at least 80 times
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Have a good customer service experience, you usually tell 1-2 people.
Have a bad experience, you tell bazillions.   That's how it goes in the service industry.   LOL

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top