Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/23/2016 10:59:23 PM EDT

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/07/23/1636256/almost-half-of-all-tsa-employees-have-been-cited-for-misconduct

Slashdot reader schwit1 writes:
Almost half of all TSA employees have been cited for misconduct, and the citations have increased by almost 30 percent since 2013... It also appears that the TSA has been reducing the sanctions it has been giving out for this bad behavior.
View Quote

Throughout the U.S., the airport security group "has instead sought to treat the misconduct with 'more counseling and letters that explain why certain behaviors were not acceptable'," according to a report from the House Homeland Security Commission, titled "Misconduct at TSA Threatens the Security of the Flying Public". It found 1,206 instances of "neglect of duty", and also cited the case of an Oakland TSA officer who for two years helped smugglers slip more than 220 pounds of marijuana through airport security checkpoints, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

The newspaper adds that "The misconduct ranges from salacious (federal air marshals spending government money on hotel rooms for romps with prostitutes) to downright dangerous (an officer in Orlando taking bribes to smuggle Brazilian nationals through a checkpoint without questioning)." Their conclusion? "The TSA's job is to make airline passengers feel safer and, not incidentally, actually make us safer. It's failing on both."

--> http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2016-07-14/almost-half-of-all-tsa-employees-have-been-cited-for-misconduct

View Quote

ps
from earlier this week:

TSA agent at Sea-Tac arrested on suspicion of taking lewd photos of female passengers
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/tsa-agent-arrested-on-suspicion-of-taking-lewd-photos-of-passengers/

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of Philly international's crew look like they came straight from cecil b ave. and broad and rode their quads into work.

Part of me thinks they actually profiled me because I'm white

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Naom sayn, an sheet.  Yo?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Shouldn't they be preoccupied with stopping terrorists?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
One would think we'd try to learn directly from Israeli experience in these matters.

But I suppose it's more important that (insert unintelligible name) gets her or his chance to grow long nails, yap on their sail fone, and take a full hour of lunch.

Yea, things do need a fixing.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Tsa has always been a total shit show, and has cleaned it self up little in 14 years of it self being around
Wish I could remember half of the stupid shit I saw while I worked for them
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Look at how surprised I look
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:27:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you seen the tsa employees? They look like special education students and trailer/ghetto trash. I'm not even slightly surprised by this. Add to it every time they are audited they fail miserably.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I remember going through ORD around 8am a few years ago and the TSA agent was literally passed out at the podium with a huge line flyers snaked back and forth. People were talking pics and laughing.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:37:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

You think that's the type of person that job attracts?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#10]
but they continue to have jobs

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:44:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. I know the TSA is a soup sandwich. That's just me being flippant, on this topic my usual sarcastic question is "exactly how many terrorists/attacks has the TSA caught or stopped?"
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No. I know the TSA is a soup sandwich. That's just me being flippant, on this topic my usual sarcastic question is "exactly how many terrorists/attacks has the TSA caught or stopped?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possibly quite a few. They catch guns and weapons being brought thru screening all the time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:55:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#14]
When it comes to federal jobs, there are demographics which are very prevalent for certain positions.  

Some positions are filled with white, fit males while others are filled with fat, dark females.

Fact.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somebody got the humor.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:02:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Somebody got the humor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody got the humor.

It really shouldn't be funny because of how serious it is...but it's funny.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:02:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Possibly quite a few. They catch guns and weapons being brought thru screening all the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Broken clock.....

I am talking about legit blow up schools/chop heads/screw goats types, not some douche who forgot to offload his gat before going through the line.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:02:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I dont think ive ever seen an organization that screws their employees like TSA does. What they really like to do is deny them full time hours in order to keep them on part time status and deny them not only a livable wage but also benefits of any kind. So anybody who is worth 1/2 a damn is going to get off that job and find another that treats people better, pays better, and has better bennies. Like Starbucks.

Plus the work is exhausting, standing there all day on your feet putting up with attitudes, having to pat down smelly, fugly humans. But the real kicker is that part time shit. Who is going to travel 1/2 across a city to work 3 or 4 hours 4 or 5 times a week? Your hardly making your lunch money, hell sitting home on your fat ass getting a welfare check is better. Now Im not sticking up for anyone or anything but there are always two sides to a story. And they do have some nice people. Its funny how you can find nice people when your a decent person yourself.

As always "Govt." is its worst enemy. I wouldnt condemn all TSA people like that. Hell anyone paying tax's is aces in my book.

Broken clock.....

I am talking about legit blow up schools/chop heads/screw goats types, not some douche who forgot to offload his gat before going through the line.
View Quote

Nope theres more suspicious ones then you think, "of course I'd know while you wouldnt". What exactly their motives were/are I wouldnt know and finding them out, if we ever do, happens downstream from me. I would say however that people who admit they had a gun in their onflight bag, or a knife, or some kind of illegal weapon, and then refuse to cooperate are at the least ...suspicious. There are some real weirdos that get on airplanes, let alone terrorists, and it would be real reckless of you to say in a nation where over 600,000,000 fly domestically a year that they have stopped NO attacks. Almost 2,000,000 a day.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I dont think ive ever seen an organization that screws their employees like TSA does. What they really like to do is deny them full time hours in order to keep them on part time status and deny them not only a livable wage but also benefits of any kind. So anybody who is worth 1/2 a damn is going to get off that job and find another that treats people better, pays better, and has better bennies. Like Starbucks.

Plus the work is exhausting, standing there all day on your feet putting up with attitudes, having to pat down smelly, fugly humans. But the real kicker is that part time shit. Who is going to travel 1/2 across a city to work 3 or 4 hours 4 or 5 times a week? Your hardly making your lunch money, hell sitting home on your fat ass getting a welfare check is better. Now Im not sticking up for anyone or anything but there are always two sides to a story. And they do have some nice people. Its funny how you can find nice people when your a decent person yourself.

As always "Govt." is its worst enemy. I wouldnt condemn all TSA people like that. Hell anyone paying tax's is aces in my book.
View Quote

Eta:  you won't condem them despite the fact that they fail at a 95% rate when they are tested by their own red teams?

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:17:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
One would think we'd try to learn directly from Israeli experience in these matters.

But I suppose it's more important that (insert unintelligible name) gets her or his chance to grow long nails, yap on their sail fone, and take a full hour of lunch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only Israel can profile to ensure their safety, to do it here is racist.
Gotta love the left.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:29:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I dont think ive ever seen an organization that screws their employees like TSA does.
View Quote

Good.   Fuck em.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:35:07 AM EDT
[#23]
And it's funny to me because I have to pass a HSA and TSA check every couple of years to keep my job.

Yet these felons and retards are protecting the fuck out of us.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

is it zero,? I bet its zero.
everyone knows the biggest threat is the tsa
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:46:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
And it's funny to me because I have to pass a HSA and TSA check every couple of years to keep my job.

View Quote

Well someone must be cause there havnt been very many terrorist attacks on domestic flights since 9/11. I can only think of one and it wasnt successful.

So thats 15 years X 600 million passengers "conservatively" = 900,000,000,000.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:47:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Their conclusion? "The TSA's job is to make airline passengers feel safer and, not incidentally, actually make us safer. It's failing on both."
View Quote

No shit.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well someone must be cause there havnt been very many terrorist attacks on domestic flights since 9/11. I can only think of one and it wasnt successful.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, then.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:09:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

According to the TSA's own inspectors they fail 95% of the time.  Yet somehow you correlate the lack of an attack with their 5% ability to catch something.

I guess every form of theater has its fans, even security theater.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:11:28 AM EDT
[#29]

So, are they hiring? Sounds like a good retirement job!

ETA: Nope, nothing near me. But they are hiring in Binghamton, NY in case NY_Shooter is interested. Pay starts at $15.61 an hour.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#30]
I just had to verify what I already knew for a while,I could have missed something BUT after a quick search I have found no terrorist plot has been foiled by the TSA (shocking), if one has they have been keeping it quiet. One would logically think the TSA would be singing from the mountaintops if they did stop an attack or caught an actual Jihadi to justify their hiring of perverts/mouth breathers and to take attention away from the dismal record of security breaches by their own red teams. Maybe we should just throw more money their way and create more laws, should work this time right?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#31]
TSA should be disbanded.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#32]
The tsa is a make work program for criminals and petty thieves.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#33]
TSA fails 95% of tests to smuggle weapons, fake bombs, etc through checkpoints

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/investigation-breaches-us-airports-allowed-weapons-through-n367851
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Last time I flew back home was through Orlando.  The tsa agent was a short bald Asian man wearing eye makeup and hoop earrings.  .
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#36]
if Hillery said she was going to disband the TSA she would get my vote.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

<Snip>

View Quote

My wife worked for TSA for 3 years (22 year USN Vet. Retired CPO, the kind of person you would want to work at TSA) she gave up on it. The hours were shit with constantly changing shifts, the divide between management and the TSOs on the floor was ever widening. Upper management made it impossible for anyone to move up the ranks, hiring and promotions were rife with cronyism, management was not held accountable for poor performance (in fact continued to receive performance bonuses) but the TSOs were increasingly burdened with ridiculous testing. Upper management was poison and the TSOs on the floor was filled with FSA types.

The final straw came when an admin position opened up (a position she was already filling as a part time volunteer and had strong recommendations from her immediate supervisors to move to a full time spot), she was passed over for an unqualified double minority hire that ultimately failed the qualifying tests and couldn't work the position, they then changed the requirements so they could hire another failed manager from another airport.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My wife worked for TSA for 3 years (22 year USN Vet. Retired CPO, the kind of person you would want to work at TSA) she gave up on it. The hours were shit with constantly changing shifts, the divide between management and the TSOs on the floor was ever widening. Upper management made it impossible for anyone to move up the ranks, hiring and promotions were rife with cronyism, management was not held accountable for poor performance (in fact continued to receive performance bonuses) but the TSOs were increasingly burdened with ridiculous testing. Upper management was poison and the TSOs on the floor was filled with FSA types.

The final straw came when an admin position opened up (a position she was already filling as a part time volunteer and had strong recommendations from her immediate supervisors to move to a full time spot), she was passed over for an unqualified double minority hire that ultimately failed the qualifying tests and couldn't work the position, they then changed the requirements so they could hire another failed manager from another airport.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<Snip>

The .gov should just be honest and admit the TSA is a reparations program.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah Ive had people request I get them a employment app "no Im not one" and I refuse. I always tell them within two weeks they would curse me for getting them that app.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#40]
TSA just recently forced me to give them the combinations to my locked firearms case and denied me the right to be present when the case was opened.

I have my phone number taped to my case so that I can be contacted if there is a problem and/or I need to open it for them.

I was livid.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#41]
When Trump mentioned the TSA in his speech, it was the only time I actually spoke "Thaaaank you!"
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Yeah Ive had people request I get them a employment app "no Im not one" and I refuse. I always tell them within two weeks they would curse me for getting them that app.
View Quote

I applied for TSA right after I retired from the USN, I figured what the hell, a skate retirement job in the .gov, why not?

I blew the pre-test out of the water, a veteran with a clearance, squeaky clean back ground, prior security training, I figured I'd be a shoe in. Nope, not even a call back for an interview.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I applied for TSA right after I retired from the USN, I figured what the hell, a skate retirement job in the .gov, why not?

I blew the pre-test out of the water, a veteran with a clearance, squeaky clean back ground, prior security training, I figured I'd be a shoe in. Nope, not even a call back for an interview.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't sound like a good fit for TSA.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Shitty jobs tend to attract shitty employees.  Hardly a surprise.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Tsa has always been a total shit show, and has cleaned it self up little in 14 years of it self being around
Wish I could remember half of the stupid shit I saw while I worked for them
View Quote

Sounds like you need to start an "ask me anything" thread.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#46]
I just gone done being molested by TSA. I kind of felt like I should have tipped him or something afterward.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#47]
The day they made my lower-functioning niece a supervisor was the day I realized just how bad the TSA was
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#48]
This is what happens when you hire human scum.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#49]
I knew a lot of correctional officers that went to the TSA (Dulles) and to a MAN they all came begging for their old jobs back within a year....The women that left stayed....That should tell you all you need to know about the fucking TSA right there.

They all said if you were competent (esp. the ones that made supervisor) you were the target of every sorry-ass Laquisia there. The way they described it the back-biting was terrible.  

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
TSA just recently forced me to give them the combinations to my locked firearms case and denied me the right to be present when the case was opened.

I have my phone number taped to my case so that I can be contacted if there is a problem and/or I need to open it for them.

I was livid.
View Quote

Did that to a friend of mine even after he showed them the regulation that said he has to be present when the case is opened.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top