BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, the downside of purging your officer corps is that you don't have an officer corps. Those F-16s won't do much of their pilots have all been shot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Send in a MEU and let them fuck shit up, which airborne division is in Italy?
Send them in also.

I don't think an MEU and a couple battalions of paratroopers (it is a brigade in Italy, not a division) will accomplish much against NATO's 2nd largest military heavily equipped with western tanks, APCs, helicopters and F-16 fighter jets.

Well, the downside of purging your officer corps is that you don't have an officer corps. Those F-16s won't do much of their pilots have all been shot.

Iran had to empty its prisons to have an air force when Iraq invaded. Had Saddam waited another year for the purges to be complete they'd have had nobody left to fly them. The Iranian air force is still not trusted and funny enough,the legacy of American training has remained all this time,look at the patches on their flight suits for example.
Hitler kicked off the invasion of Poland too early too,it made Stalin stop the Great Purge. Another year of it and Zhukov and Konev would have been dead too.

Of course,Obama and Kerry already declared Erdogan the legitimate democratic government even while Turkish press is saying that it was a CIA plot.

Back to the Iran example,Erdogan may be thinking he can stand against the US and Russia at the same time. Recall that the Mullahs had a brief civil war and cleansing of the Communists who helped them take power,there were Soviet flags painted on the street beside US ones. The dumbasses in the parties that are supporting Erdogan are forgetting that Iranian factions were purged too,the Kurds who support him will be blamed next.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Order of priorities:

1) Get those nukes out of there. Destroy them in place if required. They cannot fall into Turkish hands.
2) Get our people, military and civilian, out of Turkey.
3) Do something about those Turkish F-16s. That's too many to allow a radical Islamic regime to own.
View Quote

Somehow, I envision Obama allowing the nukes and the F16's to stay in Turkish hands, and to abandon our guys there.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can I get a FBHO?
View Quote

FBHO
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Bad time to have a pussy ass bitch for Commander-in-Chief.
View Quote

That was my first thought.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
2016 is one crazy year.
View Quote

Only halfway done.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Regardless, you and a few others have contributed HUGE to this thread.
Much appreciated
View Quote

Thanks for the kind words!

I don't know much on the topic, but it is my most favorite area of study.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

FBHO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can I get a FBHO?

FBHO

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Somehow, I envision Obama allowing the nukes and the F16's to stay in Turkish hands, and to abandon our guys there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Order of priorities:

1) Get those nukes out of there. Destroy them in place if required. They cannot fall into Turkish hands.
2) Get our people, military and civilian, out of Turkey.
3) Do something about those Turkish F-16s. That's too many to allow a radical Islamic regime to own.

Obama will publicly thank the Turkish government for taking our servicemembers into "protective custody" against radical anti-regime elements while we "work out the terms" for the delivery of nuclear weapons from Turkish soil back to US hands.  Which will take months...
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#9]

WTF?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

WTF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

WTF?

So secure. Much perimeter. Wow.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why exactly aren't we pulling the nukes back to the US by now?  
View Quote

What's to say that isn't in progress?  I know if I was in charge it would be happening if they had to load them onto F-16s and haul them out that way.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Much appreciated
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Difficult to judge scale from that pic...
How big are those?  
About 10-12 feet long?

Those are British gravity bombs, so I honestly don't know.

Much appreciated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B61_nuclear_bomb
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sure if you want to spread nuclear material everywhere  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So there are no protocols anywhere to destroy the weapons with shaped charges and det cord?  

Sure if you want to spread nuclear material everywhere  

You do not want them captured intact so the nuclear materials can be re-used.  Blowing them apart and getting the nuclear material to burn is the best way to do prevent that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#14]
This is super fucky.

It should be the top headline and nobody is talking about it in MSM.

We should be making public statements (threats, if you prefer) that lay out our response if they so much as fary wrong.

Instead, nothing... which makes me wonder if Obama was a part of this plan.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

HAHAHAAHAHA  did you forget who's in charge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If government loyalists rush the base what would stop them

This isn't bagram

I imagine the sea launched cruise missiles would kinda mess up their day a bit.

HAHAHAAHAHA  did you forget who's in charge.

Hey! He got Bin Laden!
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is super fucky.

It should be the top headline and nobody is talking about it in MSM.

We should be making public statements (threats, if you prefer) that lay out our response if they so much as fary wrong.

Instead, nothing... which makes me wonder if Obama was a part of this plan.
View Quote

Trumpstock 2016
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Remember that time that three geriatrics broke into Y-12?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/wp-style/2013/09/13/the-prophets-of-oak-ridge/
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

^^  I mentioned this possibility in the coup thread.

No one took it seriously.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Turkey starts executing prisoners, they will not be welcomed into the EU  

Rumor has it that they have been cozying up to Russia and moving away from the EU. It would benefit Russia to gain access to a warm water port on the coast.

http://m.sputniknews.com/politics/20160717/1043165908/turkey-coup-serbia.html  

^^  I mentioned this possibility in the coup thread.

No one took it seriously.  

There was talk in the past couple of weeks about Russia using Turkish air bases.  This might be the Turkish way of making space the them at Incirlik.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They just shot down a Russian plane a few months ago and everyone thought Putin was going to invade.  That doesn't sound like cozying up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Turkey starts executing prisoners, they will not be welcomed into the EU

Rumor has it that they have been cozying up to Russia and moving away from the EU. It would benefit Russia to gain access to a warm water port on the coast.

http://m.sputniknews.com/politics/20160717/1043165908/turkey-coup-serbia.html

They just shot down a Russian plane a few months ago and everyone thought Putin was going to invade.  That doesn't sound like cozying up.

Maybe it was supposed to happen like that
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Oh shit.

Surely Obama has a plan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really don't see the Turks getting their hands on the nukes.  I could possibly see a situation where Israel swoops in and grabs them during some major chaos.

If government loyalists rush the base what would stop them

This isn't bagram

Oh shit.

Surely Obama has a plan.

He does.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#21]
So I'm confused I keep reading the troops in turkey don't have weapons, am I reading it wrong? I can't imagine a base with armed troops there.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You do not want them captured intact so the nuclear materials can be re-used.  Blowing them apart and getting the nuclear material to burn is the best way to do prevent that.
View Quote

This. And then destroy all the T.O.'s and MWO's and associated code materials.

Quoted:
Remember that time that three geriatrics broke into Y-12?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/wp-style/2013/09/13/the-prophets-of-oak-ridge/
View Quote

Yes. I know some people peripheral to that deal.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Judging from the numbers, it looks like Erdogan's purge has gone far beyond the so-called Kemalist "deep state" and has decimated the entire secular, Western-oriented professional class. The comparison to Iran is very fitting.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Many, many years ago.... The Turks had their hand in everything. What comes on, what comes off, and you just cant sneak a bunch of shit onto 6 waiting C5s and take off with them.

Mind you Im not using the "N" word. There are however security Forces on that base tasked to protect the word I dont use. Could they stop a Turkish army division with tanks and air cover? Of course not. But they would fight and blood would spill and the Turks would be in the middle of a shit storm with their future options down to one and why do that?

The Turks like to keep their options open. So they will mess with those guys, turn off the air, make em eat MREs, make life miserable. But one thing they wont do is bite the hand feeding them.

Then again the intent of the conspirators was to murder their President so the situation is fluid and tense. Its just not a country you want to come in 2nd in, those coup troops are getting their ass's kicked bad right now. Nothing fancy cause a good beat down says it all. Bats to the heels will do it, Im sure the torture rooms are going 24/7. But holding those weapons hostage? Possibly! Stealing them? I think not.

The real scarey thing is that the military lost for the first time in their history and a pro-muji Govt. survived.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So I'm confused I keep reading the troops in turkey don't have weapons, am I reading it wrong? I can't imagine a base with armed troops there.
View Quote

Out of my lane, but I bet there is a SOF Agreement where the local nationals all get vetted and provide armed perimeter and protected area security, and a limited number of our troops work the entry control point and the actual two man and flight line areas.

There is probably a minimal US armed quick reaction force as well.

Remember, this base was in a friendly country and these people were allies- we trusted them. (I know what I'm saying, it just needs to be said...)
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Difficult to judge scale from that pic...
How big are those?  
About 10-12 feet long?

They are British WE177C nuclear weapons, about 200 kilotons. But that is an old picture, they were withdrawn from service in 1998 or 1999. They were the RAF equivalent of the USAF B-61 for forward deployed NATO airfields.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Out of my lane, but I bet there is a SOF Agreement where the local nationals all get vetted and provide armed perimeter and protected area security, and a limited number of our troops work the entry control point and the actual two man and flight line areas.

Remember, this base was in a friendly country and these people were allies- we trusted them. (I know what I'm saying, it just needs to be said...)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh ok thanks for the info. I was confused. Hope everyone there is ok and it turns out ok.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#28]
lol
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC, also, this is not a US airbase.  It is a Turkish airbase that we are tenants on.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Then again the intent of the conspirators was to murder their President so the situation is fluid and tense.
View Quote

You imagine being a SF there, sitting at a post?

Bored off your ass, no local stereo allowed.

Suddenly you start seeing foreign troops whizzing by. You are at an internal defense post.

One of them screams, we are looking for the christians and the traitors!! What is in there????

I hope one of them writes a book. Or a live blog. I'd really like to read it.   "How Senior took a shit before first coffee'

Somebody get me the Chief
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
WE DO NOT HAVE NUKES OVER THERE!!!!!!!!! The only Nukes that are not on American soil are deployed on Submarines or Aircraft. Do you really think the United States would have a bunch of nukes 500 miles away for Russia with no armed guards on them? Do you think Russia would allow that? Get out of your basements!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They are British WE177C nuclear weapons, about 200 kilotons. But that is an old picture, they were withdrawn from service in 1998 or 1999. They were the RAF equivalent of the USAF B-61 for forward deployed NATO airfields.
View Quote

Yeah, I picked that photo because it really shows how the system worked. There is a picture with a VIP looking at a 61, but you really can't see the vault as clearly.

Guy was wondering about size instead of output. Could you help there?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I heard that the U.S military was in on the false-flag Coup and that the nukes were already handed over to Turkey in a clandestine operation during the "coup".  The nukes could be in Somalia by now for all we know.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Turks Do Genocide Like A Boss

I.5 Million murdered. Executing a few thousand officers will be a no-brainer.

How does that go? Admit nothing, deny everything, demand facts, ignore facts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's Turkey. We should be happy it's only mass murder, not genocide (yet).

Does this mean they will finally admit to mass murdering Armenian Christians?

Turks Do Genocide Like A Boss

I.5 Million murdered. Executing a few thousand officers will be a no-brainer.

In 1915, leaders of the Turkish government set in motion a plan to expel and massacre Armenians living in the Ottoman Empire. Though reports vary, most sources agree that there were about 2 million Armenians in the Ottoman Empire at the time of the massacre. By the early 1920s, when the massacres and deportations finally ended, some 1.5 million of Turkey’s Armenians were dead, with many more forcibly removed from the country. Today, most historians call this event a genocide–a premeditated and systematic campaign to exterminate an entire people. However, the Turkish government does not acknowledge the enormity or scope of these events. Despite pressure from Armenians and social justice advocates throughout the world, it is still illegal in Turkey to talk about what happened to Armenians during this era.

How does that go? Admit nothing, deny everything, demand facts, ignore facts?

like I said..
what prisoners....
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I heard that the U.S military was in on the false-flag Coup and that the nukes were already handed over to Turkey in a clandestine operation during the "coup".  The nukes could be in Somalia by now for all we know.
View Quote

Seems legit

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
I heard aliens kidnapped Edrogan and replaced him with a shape-shifter so they can destabilize the world order by cutting off oil supplies to Europe, where they plan to land when they invade.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
out of

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I heard aliens kidnapped Edrogan and replaced him with a shape-shifter so they can destabilize the world order by cutting off oil supplies to Europe, where they plan to land when they invade.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such bullshit.  Everyone knows that the oil must keep flowing so that the Earth keeps gets hotter due to global warming therefore becoming more habitable for our Reptilian overlords.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
out of

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
out of

I heard it on the Internets.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A piece of paper (Turkish/American agreement) should never stand in the way of control and possession of nuclear weapons. There better be some hard motherfuckers guarding the nukes - armed to the teeth.
View Quote

[tinfoil] recent events in Turkey are the ruse by which 0bama arms Erdogan with nukes, helps Turkey purge secularism through mass murder and Turkey becomes another Islamic dictatorship government ... all planned by Valerie Jarrett [/tinfoil]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Many, many years ago.... The Turks had their hand in everything. What comes on, what comes off, and you just cant sneak a bunch of shit onto 6 waiting C5s and take off with them.

Mind you Im not using the "N" word. There are however security Forces on that base tasked to protect the word I dont use. Could they stop a Turkish army division with tanks and air cover? Of course not. But they would fight and blood would spill and the Turks would be in the middle of a shit storm with their future options down to one and why do that?

The Turks like to keep their options open. So they will mess with those guys, turn off the air, make em eat MREs, make life miserable. But one thing they wont do is bite the hand feeding them.

Then again the intent of the conspirators was to murder their President so the situation is fluid and tense. Its just not a country you want to come in 2nd in, those coup troops are getting their ass's kicked bad right now. Nothing fancy cause a good beat down says it all. Bats to the heels will do it, Im sure the torture rooms are going 24/7. But holding those weapons hostage? Possibly! Stealing them? I think not.

The real scarey thing is that the military lost for the first time in their history and a pro-muji Govt. survived.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just feel sorry for those poor guys there because I know that the destruction team members I knew considered their job to be suicide missions.  And the guys at Incirlik are closer to having to do that job than at any time during the days of waiting for Russian tanks to come through the Fulda Gap.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Greece will help, but only give temporary relief.
View Quote

Greece doesn't want any part of this mess. They have their hands full, between the debt crisis and the refugee crisis.

Right now, the Greek government is trying to finesse the case of the 8 Turkish coup participants that landed their helicopter in Greece. (The helicopter itself was turned over immediately to a Turkish crew that flew into Alexandroupolis from the Turkish base at Gallipoli.) The Greek government told the Turkish government that it would be extraditing the 8 Turks, but now they have formally applied for asylum and public opinion is rallying in their support. I see the Greeks foot-dragging for as long as possible.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#44]
We've covered this. Trust me. Even with our president,  trying to confiscate our nukes would be an absolute declaration of war.  Turkey knows this and I assure you their friends in Russia have made it crystal fucking clear this is a major no-go.  Russia does NOT want us bombing Turkey.  Very bad for business.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Greece doesn't want any part of this mess. They have their hands full, between the debt crisis and the refugee crisis.

Right now, the Greek government is trying to finesse the case of the 8 Turkish coup participants that landed their helicopter in Greece. (The helicopter itself was turned over immediately to a Turkish crew that flew into Alexandroupolis from the Turkish base at Gallipoli.) The Greek government told the Turkish government that it would be extraditing the 8 Turks, but now they have formally applied for asylum and public opinion is rallying in their support. I see the Greeks foot-dragging for as long as possible.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Greeks also hate the Turks, have a large military, and need a distraction for their people.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anal probes for everyone!
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol. The no-humor-bot misses it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Send in a MEU and let them fuck shit up, which airborne division is in Italy?
Send them in also.
View Quote

1. The 173rd in Italy is only brigade size

2. It isn't quite that simple. How are you going to get them there in condition to actually be combat effective? How are you going to supply them? How are you going to get the rescue force plus all the base personnel and sensitive equipment out after you go full whatever?

This isn't a Benghazi scenario where a couple dozen operators, an A-10, and a couple empty planes would have made a  huge difference.

ETA: The airbase is landlocked so unless you plan either taking out all of Turkey's air defences  from the base to the ocean and having everyone fight their way to the sea they are going to be pretty much stuck after the initial shout of "Merica"
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ah yes, didn't FBHO come out in support of the Turkish government and condemn the attempted coup?
View Quote

He is supposedly good buddies with Erdogan.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah, I picked that photo because it really shows how the system worked. There is a picture with a VIP looking at a 61, but you really can't see the vault as clearly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, it was just a hair over 11 feet long and weighed about 1,000 pounds.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top