User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Put it on your bucket list to see a Bayern home game. You won't regret it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would love to see FC Bayern in person. I need to start checking for games near by me. I would love to see any of these clubs in person

FC Bayern has always been my favorite team.

I grew up in Augsburg, and they joined the 1. Bundesliga in 2011.

Don't know who to cheer for.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/592/my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would love to see FC Bayern in person. I need to start checking for games near by me. I would love to see any of these clubs in person

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/592/my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

I went to a FC Bayern game on Saturday last year and hopped a train to Augsburg for a home game on Sunday to see them play Werder Bremen. The Augsburg stadium is a good deal more intimate and as a neutral it was a great way to spend a Sunday but it just didn't have the energy of the Allianz. :)

Every Bundesliga game I've attended was a great fan experience. Beer and food prices were reasonable and the stadium card makes the vendor process efficient. I think I'm going to try and make an EPL game (maybe Arsenal) in the next year or so just to see how they stack up to the Bundesliga games.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in Chicago right now for the Bayern-AC Milan game tomorrow! I'm a Schalke fan, but I'm with a few buddies from the local German cultural club.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Also have tix to the Liverpool-Roma game at Busch.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm in Chicago right now for the Bayern-AC Milan game tomorrow! I'm a Schalke fan, but I'm with a few buddies from the local German cultural club.

View Quote

Awesome, have fun.. Mia San Mia ;)
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:23:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Thrown in for good measure.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Chelsea play Liverpool tonight in a preseason match on ESPN @ 2330 Eastern time.

Juventus paid Napoli $99,652,950.00 for Gonzalo Higuain.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Chelsea play Liverpool tonight in a preseason match on ESPN @ 2330 Eastern time.

View Quote
The market has gone nuts.  If higuain can perform in big important games this go around he might be worth it.  However if history is any indication he will be good in normal games and disappear if it's a game with anything on the line.  

I just hope the pogba saga is done soon all the podcasts I listen to spend half their time about pogba to man u.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:41:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ManUre lost. Happy days.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man U v Dor was terrible. Just terrible.

ManUre lost. Happy days.

Half the starters were home resting from Euros, the ones that traveled sat.

They rolled thru preseason tour in the US whipping everyone, then choked on the EPL.

Means nothing.

I am an eternal optomist however.

CSKA or Spartak for you?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The market has gone nuts.  If higuain can perform in big important games this go around he might be worth it.  However if history is any indication he will be good in normal games and disappear if it's a game with anything on the line.    

I just hope the pogba saga is done soon all the podcasts I listen to spend half their time about pogba to man u.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what Ive seen, Pogba not worth the ask. You wanna spend? Buy quality central defenders.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree to a point.  France played him out of position so I don't think his performance in euros was all his fault. But 120 million euros is nuts a bale,  Neymar,  Messi,  or someone like that I can see.  But I'd rather see the clib spend the cash on players than it used to pay the vampire glazers debts so I hope they splash the cash and get him.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like you.

http://www.weltfussballarchiv.com/images/logos/3082_old6.png

Blau und Weiß ein Leben lang!!! Opa was from Fürstenfeldbruck, so I probably should be a Bayern fan, but it seems like everybody else is, so I picked Oma's hometown team!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I agree to a point.  France played him out of position so I don't think his performance in euros was all his fault. But 120 million euros is nuts a bale,  Neymar,  Messi,  or someone like that I can see.  But I'd rather see the clib spend the cash on players than it used to pay the vampire glazers debts so I hope they splash the cash and get him.
View Quote

Glazers...

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glazers...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ngU0BcADU9E/TQZbdIe5FxI/AAAAAAAAAOw/4vmTKFyWA1k/s1600/greenandgold.jpg
Those glazers the photos of them crack me up. Balding with pulled back ponytails.  I guess when you have their money no one tells you what an ass hole you look like. I can't stand those cunts a pox be upon them.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Those glazers the photos of them crack me up. Balding with pulled back ponytails.  I guess when you have their money no one tells you what an ass hole you look like. I can't stand those cunts a pox be upon them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glazers...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ngU0BcADU9E/TQZbdIe5FxI/AAAAAAAAAOw/4vmTKFyWA1k/s1600/greenandgold.jpg

They could ruin one if the biggest brands in the planet thru stupidity alone.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:19:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Reds beat the floppy Italians 2-0

Origi and Firminho with the goals.

Last year the Brazilian was slow to start but finished strong I'd like to see what he does this year

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#19]
This will be quite the season.

I will say though, Ibra, Martial and Mikhitaryan at MU will be so much fun to watch. Maybe Pogba too?

My prediction for the top 3:

1. MU
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool

Anyone else want to chime in?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Fux-lpAV--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/1455035301144782914.jpg

I will say though, Ibra, Martial and Mikhitaryan at MU will be so much fun to watch. Maybe Pogba too?

1. MU
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool

View Quote

While always optimistic, I stopped predictions based on pre season.

One bad injury ( Luke Shaw) changed their whole season by shifting fokks around, and changing their attacking formation. Shaw was going to be a nightmare for the opposing teams right side.

That being said, I dont expect a pop upstart like last year. The usual suspects in the top 6, Leicester will feel the full brunt of Europe and the rest if the tournaments. And mid season transfer window could change their intent. Mahrez is going to be a tasty morsel to buy. The pressure to sell him for $50 million might be to much.

We shall see.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Less than two weeks to go I can't wait.  We doing a fantasy league again?  Need to think of a new name now that LVG and his fat head have left the building.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Fux-lpAV--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/1455035301144782914.jpg

1. MU
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool

View Quote

I think City will have to be in the runnings this year.  They have the talent, their energy was just off last year.  Pep will bring that.

I'm afraid the same is true with Chelsea, unless their defense continues to suck.  

MU is a wildcard with all they changes they've had in the last 12 months.  Same with Liverpool.  I can't see Arsenal not in the top 4.  

My wild guess:

1. City
2. MU
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Chelsea
6. Spurs
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:36:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm in for the fantasy league again...I already have my team set up.  Whoever set up the league last year: there's a way to "restart" the same league from last year, and whenever someone in the league last year sets up this years team, they will automatically be entered into the league again.  I just did that for a league I set up with friends last year, but I can't remember the exact steps.

ETA: IMed 74novaman
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm in for the fantasy league again...I already have my team set up.  Whoever set up the league last year: there's a way to "restart" the same league from last year, and whenever someone in the league last year sets up this years team, they will automatically be entered into the league again.  I just did that for a league I set up with friends last year, but I can't remember the exact steps.

ETA: IMed 74novaman
View Quote

Yeah, that's me.

I'll get it set back up tonight.

Someone else can put up a prize this year though.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Just joined up the ARF fantasy league.

Get in, boys. Only 3 other members in so far.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll get in this evening
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll get in this evening. Left my laptop at work I'll have to use the desktop I never use
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Im in hard as hell to pick a team with lots of transfers still possible happening.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Im in hard as hell to pick a team with lots of transfers still possible happening.
View Quote

I'm going to wait for last day possible for that reason and injuries.  Some friendlys left to play, and as Karius demonstrated already.....they can impact the season.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#30]
I believe they allow you to make unlimited trades until the start of the season.  I've made at least one myself since making my picks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I believe they allow you to make unlimited trades until the start of the season.  I've made at least one myself since making my picks.
View Quote

I've been trading players for the past few days.

A lot of players cost much more than last year.

Hard to field a team with the salary cap.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like that.  Everyone was too affordable last year.  It would be more fun if the fantasy team was on par with a regular EPL team instead of being essentially an All-Star team.  It requires a deeper knowledge of the teams, players, and strategy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#33]

important reminder:

today is the day that Luis Suarez announces he is leaving Barca with immediate effect and rejoining Liverpool on a till-death-do-us-part contract:

http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/1952629/liverpool-vs-barcelona/

also

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/230420-luis-suarez-i-can-t-wait-to-face-my-mate-philippe-coutinho
“I miss friends like Stevie [Gerrard], Philippe, Martin Skrtel, [Jordan] Henderson. And I have friends in the people that work in the kitchen as well, [such as] Carole. They know they helped me a lot there and I miss them.”
View Quote

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#34]
COYS
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

important reminder:

today is the day that Luis Suarez announces he is leaving Barca with immediate effect and rejoining Liverpool on a till-death-do-us-part contract:

also

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/230420-luis-suarez-i-can-t-wait-to-face-my-mate-philippe-coutinho

ar-jedi

View All Quotes
Quoted:

important reminder:

also

“I miss friends like Stevie [Gerrard], Philippe, Martin Skrtel, [Jordan] Henderson. And I have friends in the people that work in the kitchen as well, [such as] Carole. They know they helped me a lot there and I miss them.”

ar-jedi

I wish.

So he's  cannibal,  he's an undeniably dangerous presence on the field and opens up defenses
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Liverpool is spanking Barcelona's lil' bottoms, right now.

Should cement Suerez' decision.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Liverpool is spanking Barcelona's lil' bottoms, right now.

Should cement Suerez' decision.
View Quote

We need a solid healthy Striker so Phil can work his magic.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Wow, Mane has some moves.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#39]
My sat offer lost rights for the premiere league.

First time in ten years I won't see it.

Need
To
Find
Solution
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Community Shield at 11:00EDT on Fox Sports. Leicester v ManU.  Second CS in a row for Mourinho - just a different team.

After all the friendlies this should be a more competitive match leading into next weekend's openers.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Community Shield at 11:00EDT on Fox Sports. Leicester v ManU.  Second CS in a row for Mourinho - just a different team.

After all the friendlies this should be a more competitive match leading into next weekend's openers.
View Quote

Lacking in pre season play, Red Devils could look rusty.

I am ready!

Eta

Looks like Pogba is getting a physical?
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Afroman fail...
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#44]

BIG SWEDE!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Fucking Zlatan.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fucking Zlatan.
View Quote

I never realized how big he was. Dude is broad and tall.

New centerback Bailly was real good today. Maybe they finally get a solid defensive pairing. Blind is not the answer.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Finally got back into the Fantasy League
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Pogba at OT for physical today.

Not sure the fee is well spent, two players worth of cash.

And Mata got dick slapped again.

I feel dirty...
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Pogba at OT for physical today.

Not sure the fee is well spent, two players worth of cash.

And Mata got dick slapped again.

I feel dirty...
View Quote

But they got Zlatan for free didn't they?
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top