Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2016 6:39:32 PM EDT
Kids are grown and gone so we have found ourselves with a little spending money and a kitchen in terrible need of a remodel. Almost done and close enough for a trial run. Dug out a roasting pan

and bought a piece of meat. Sure hope I don't fugg this up too bad, first prime rib attempt ever.

What do you guys/gals have cooking?
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Tongues bro.

Nice kitchen!
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
We have almost that exact same range!
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Steam feature on the smaller oven kicks ass. The gas cooktop does too. 24 years with a tiny in wall oven and an electric cooktop. Hated both of them the entire time but knew the kitchen remodel was going to be a check book wrecker. Looking forward to investing in some good cookware and learning to cook some real food.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Steam feature on the smaller oven kicks ass. The gas cooktop does too. 24 years with a tiny in wall oven and an electric cooktop. Hated both of them the entire time but knew the kitchen remodel was going to be a check book wrecker. Looking forward to investing in some good cookware and learning to cook some real food.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don't have the steam, so I don't know what I'm missing on that. I think our model was right before they added steam? But yeah, we love the crap out of our Thermador, you chose wisely.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, post up pics when you're done. Were you in on any of the previous kitchen remodel threads? Those were always fun to see the before and after pics.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Also, post up pics when you're done. Were you in on any of the previous kitchen remodel threads? Those were always fun to see the before and after pics.
View Quote

Haven't jumped in any remodel threads but was going to put up a few pics of mine when done. It went a bit beyond the kitchen and of course a bit over budget but we survived. Been wanting to do the kitchen for a long time but worked our way through the house a room or two at a time saving the most expensive project for last.

Took about 2 1/2 hours to get internal temp to 130. Took it out and let it sit until it peaked about 140 while I cooked up the au jus. Turned out amazing, even the outer edges that were done more. She was bleeding out on the cutting board as I got a slice or two in.

Sure could have used a better camera for this beauty.

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Sure could have used a better camera for this beauty.

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt171/duc-man97/IMG_20160717_192156_207_zpseeuep53b.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks awesome, I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#9]
that's a nice range
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top