BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Im too poor to Two stamp a gun at once... Im thinking getting the carbine with faux suppressor, then ill start my paperwork for my first suppressor.

My only concern is that, it appears the carbine models don't have suppressor friendly threads. But I might chop the barrel and SBR it making that irrelevant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Normally people shit all over pistol caliber carbines etc.

Why do these get a pass?

They are low cost awesome suppressor hosts when you form sbr them.

If you aren't going to sbr, then it's stupid.

Im too poor to Two stamp a gun at once... Im thinking getting the carbine with faux suppressor, then ill start my paperwork for my first suppressor.

My only concern is that, it appears the carbine models don't have suppressor friendly threads. But I might chop the barrel and SBR it making that irrelevant.

If I was going to pay for a tax stamp, I'd just add a long 8.5" or 9" suppressor to the scorpion pistol, have it pinned on, then slap a stock on it and call it good.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If I was going to pay for a tax stamp, I'd just add a long 8.5" or 9" suppressor to the scorpion pistol, have it pinned on, then slap a stock on it and call it good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Normally people shit all over pistol caliber carbines etc.

Why do these get a pass?

They are low cost awesome suppressor hosts when you form sbr them.

If you aren't going to sbr, then it's stupid.

I would really like to do this sometime in the future.

I love the look of the Mlok carbine foreend for just such a thing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally got around to modifying my Scorpion last Saturday, shot it the following Sunday.

Accuracy is acceptable. I will probably get better with it with some more practice. It was extremely stable and comfortable to shoot with the Thorsden custom cheek rest and saftey delete. The rest just makes everything about it so much more functional and easy to hit with.

Very happy with my purchase. I couldn't help but notice that it seemed to make an honest to god Pew Pew noise as opposed to everything else that I and my friends shot that day.

Now to get a fuckton more cheap 9MM. It seems to prefer the lighter grain weights.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, a good review.  Who'da' thunk it?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The G-17 in my RONI eats everything.....Just sayin'.  

Oddly enough I found the G17's trigger (3.5 lb disconnect) to be almost perfect for carbine use but I never cared for it as a pistol trigger.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oddly enough I found the G17's trigger (3.5 lb disconnect) to be almost perfect for carbine use but I never cared for it as a pistol trigger.

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/prodimages/32287-DEFAULT-l.jpg

View Quote

Those are interesting. Wouldn't mind shooting one someday. They do look a tad bulky though.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Those are interesting. Wouldn't mind shooting one someday. They do look a tad bulky though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not as thin as a Scorpion sure enough but I like it better. A few pounds lighter too when loaded-out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:43:44 AM EDT
[#8]
My Evo was my first sbr.  I like it but prefer my zenith mp5k and mp5 sbr clones just a bit more due to them being smoother shooting and growing up the 80's made me an mp5 fan. The evo is just slightly bigger than the mp5k with stock unfolded.  The evo is very accurate with a cheap trs25 red dot and has rails for grips and lights. I have made the evo my HD gun due to its accuracy and it's cheaper than the others if I ever use it and the po po take it away. I have cracked one of the mags but cz warrantied it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:13:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I like my evo SBR, fun little gun.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:35:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I got one too not long ago.. Any way to tell if you have the shitty welded in trigger pack bolt other than sticking an allen wrench in and trying to tug it off?

I think mine is new enough that it's not welded, it has the newer barrel threads and the bolt seems to come to a point in the nut, from what I've seen the welded ones are kind of flat on the tip.

Anyway, I'm psyched. Got the form 1 in like the Tue before 41f took effect, so maybe sometime around Christmas for the stock.  I may not even shoot it before now and then.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]
My EVO 3 just arrived this week.  Picked her up yesterday.  CZ has an excellent LE / MIL discount program for those that did not know.

I ordered her about a month ago with 7 - 30 round mags.  Great pricing.  

I have to say.....since I own a H&K Mp-5....I see no reason why to buy any of the Mp-5 copies with the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 being out.  I much prefer the CZ to the H&K.  

very happy with the purchase

PS..fuck you Hillary.  I blame Hillary for this purchase!  ;)
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just doesn't do it for me.  You know who has a million dollar glock carbine design...Magpul with the FMP9.  Just remove the folding ability and boom...you have a glock carbine that even I might buy.

The Scorpions are just sooooo cute

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top