Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 176
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A-freaking-men to that! After taking forever to get enough Magikarp candies, my first Gyarados (evolved from an "amazing", "impressive" Magikarp) turned into this...

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/pogo/gyarados_1.png

I've been trying to farm Dratini lately (still missing a Dragonite) and, as a side "benefit", I've been catching a metric shit-ton of Magikarp. I finally hit 400+ candies again, and I had this ("amazing" and "impressive") guy:

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/pogo/magikarp.png

I was prepared to be disappointed, but I decided to give it another whirl.

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/pogo/gyarados_2.png

Yep. Fuck.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this a good Magikarp to hang on to for an evolve?  According to poke assist the IV is 95.6

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt105/joeh177/Screenshot_20160920-220407_zpshbhbcefj.png

It doesn't matter, because your 95.6 Gyarados will get Twister and be shit anyway.

A-freaking-men to that! After taking forever to get enough Magikarp candies, my first Gyarados (evolved from an "amazing", "impressive" Magikarp) turned into this...

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/pogo/gyarados_1.png

I've been trying to farm Dratini lately (still missing a Dragonite) and, as a side "benefit", I've been catching a metric shit-ton of Magikarp. I finally hit 400+ candies again, and I had this ("amazing" and "impressive") guy:

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/pogo/magikarp.png

I was prepared to be disappointed, but I decided to give it another whirl.

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/pogo/gyarados_2.png

Yep. Fuck.

I have nearly enough candies for four Gyarados evolutions so hopefully I don't get twister all four times, but even if I do it wouldn't bother me all that much as I think Gyarados is pretty overrated.  

Some people act like its an elite Pokemon up there with Dragonite, Lapras, and Snorlax but it's just not.  It sucks as a defender and its a good, but not great, attacker.  It's best offensive charge move is Hydro Pump and Vaporeon is a much better option considering it's widely available and is a better overall Pokemon.

The only exception is if you have a Gyarados with Breath and Pulse and don't have a Lapras.  However, considering you can no longer get a Gyarados with Breath and Lapras is becoming less rare even that is becoming less of a factor.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

They've all had shitty IVs, but I don't mind getting the 4 pieces of candy from them.  I've hatched two that have decent IVs that I will eventually evolve once I'm done building my Dragonite army.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NO!!!  HE'S SMASHING MY HOOD!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2016-09-21-00550989.png

My neighborhood is exploding with fat guys tonight.

Here I am and can't even get 1

They've all had shitty IVs, but I don't mind getting the 4 pieces of candy from them.  I've hatched two that have decent IVs that I will eventually evolve once I'm done building my Dragonite army.

About what percent of the Snorlax you've caught have IV's over 60% and CP's over 1,500?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

About what percent of the Snorlax you've caught have IV's over 60% and CP's over 1,500?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NO!!!  HE'S SMASHING MY HOOD!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2016-09-21-00550989.png

My neighborhood is exploding with fat guys tonight.

Here I am and can't even get 1

1/3 for me so far.  But I'm not swimming in them like someone
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Wife hatched a Porygon from a 5k egg yesterday.  I was kinda jealous.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I don't think the makers really thought about small towns with this.  I've been playing every day for 2 months now.  Only have 86 in the pokedex.  I have a route of of 8 stops that I can drive, but that takes less time then it takes to reset them.  Yikes.  Spent a weekend in Denver and get 10 new ones in one day.
View Quote

sadly agree.   wish they helped out us rural people.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think the makers really thought about small towns with this.  I've been playing every day for 2 months now.  Only have 86 in the pokedex.  I have a route of of 8 stops that I can drive, but that takes less time then it takes to reset them.  Yikes.  Spent a weekend in Denver and get 10 new ones in one day.

I know what y'all mean. Not taking into account eggs, I get more XP in a few hours downtown than I do in a week around where I live and I don't even live in a rural area.  

Also I'm much more likely to get a shot at rare pokemon there and I can hit more pokestops in 10 minutes than I could in an hour back home.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Got a nice snorlax tonight and blastiose

Had enough snorlax candy to do 2 power ups.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a fucking Kabuto from my last 10k egg.  Lapras eludes me!  I did catch this guy though.  One ultra ball.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Another Electabuzz from a 10k today.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hit 26 last night and still no Snorlax or Lapras.  /sigh

Got a Jinx from a 10km egg this morning.  At least it was something I didn't have.
View Quote

It's wild how some places are overrun with certain pokemon that other places never see.

After pidgies and drowzees the next most common thing here is jynx

I was in OBX last week. In duck there were tons of voltorbs and magnetrons, they were everywhere. In fact the 2 eggs I had from there that hatched when I got home were 1 of each.

Where we stayed in Corrolla it was a lot more varied. Pinschers and bulbasaurs were pretty common. Caught a kadabra and one of those machokes there
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What the heck is going on?!?  I went out a litthe bit ago and got another one a couple miles from where I got the first.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt105/joeh177/Screenshot_20160911-165902_zpstejzogqw.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finally!  Got him at the gas station.  Low cp though but whatever it's a Snorlax and it is the first one I've seen.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt105/joeh177/Screenshot_20160911-113227_zpslrqjix7f.png

That's still 4 pieces of candy!  NICE!

What the heck is going on?!?  I went out a litthe bit ago and got another one a couple miles from where I got the first.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt105/joeh177/Screenshot_20160911-165902_zpstejzogqw.png

I caught my two 2 days and one block apart

Haven't seen one since
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#13]

The magicarp would be a good one to drag along if you don't need anything else
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:07:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wife had a Pokemon in a gym, collected and waited... 10 minutes before the 21 hours was up, it got booted out.

Eevee, Jynx and a perfect Lapras.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is the timer thing is the upper right of the store?  I'm new to gym fighting.  I have taken over only two gyms and currently have one assigned to a gym.  I hit the timer and got like 50 coins and some xp I think but have no idea what it means.  I am assuming when the gym sign disappears from my pokemon and his hp is drained that means he got beat?

After taking a few gyms, click that timer to get your rewards.  20 hours later, you can do it again.  The more gyms you hold when clicking increases the reward.

When you get your Pokemon back drained, they got beat.

Wife had a Pokemon in a gym, collected and waited... 10 minutes before the 21 hours was up, it got booted out.

Quoted:
I'm going to take the dog for a long walk later tonight to hatch my 3 10 km eggs.

What do you guys think they will be?

Eevee, Jynx and a perfect Lapras.

Lapras is one of the few 100%'ers I have
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:14:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just realized what the rarest thing I have is, that needs an evolution so I should walk it for candy.

Grimer. I only have the one I have hatched. Need to get me a Muk.

But if I evolve it into a Muk, I won't have a Grimer... Dilemma...
View Quote

Grimer will still show up on your pokedex though
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:33:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Back when the Pokemesh map was working a Muk spawned right across the street from my work.  I actually saw it on the map when I went out for lunch, but didn't go grab it.  I had just started playing and had no idea it was the rarest pokemon in the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anybody have Muk?

Back when the Pokemesh map was working a Muk spawned right across the street from my work.  I actually saw it on the map when I went out for lunch, but didn't go grab it.  I had just started playing and had no idea it was the rarest pokemon in the game.

I had no idea it was the rarest

Are grimers supposed to be rare too or just wild muks?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:41:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I still have yet to see an electabuzz.  I want one pretty bad.
View Quote

I've never had a pokemon just pop up in my house

A few days ago I opened an incense as I was walking into the bathroom and BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Electabuz right in the shower lol

Let me tell you if you've never seen one before, if you have the volume up it is the worst sound ever like a buzz saw in your brain
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:43:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We've had a strong uptick in Bulbasaurs here too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, Bulbasaurs are all over this morning.  I just saw 4 in under 5 minutes in my neighborhood.

We've had a strong uptick in Bulbasaurs here too.

Same here in PA

I was all excited because I caught an ass load in OBX and I come back and they're everywhere.

Previously only ever saw one
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:46:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nice. It took me forever to finally be able to evolve mine. I found a bunch of Vulpix in the wild, but 9/10 times they broke out and ran after the first ultra ball.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice. It took me forever to finally be able to evolve mine. I found a bunch of Vulpix in the wild, but 9/10 times they broke out and ran after the first ultra ball.

That's weird.

I've seen 13 and caught 12

Only two were hatched
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:50:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I thought you could do up to 70 if no pokedex entries? I'm just about to try
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finally hit 26.
200000 to the next level.
I have about 75 monsters ready to evolve with the candies for them.
Saving until I have enough to level through 26.
I can do 25 pokemon per lucky egg if I'm quick enough.
I have a ton of eggs from accidently buying 25 eggs in the shop with my gym savings.
I was so pissed when I realized I pocket bought them.

I thought you could do up to 70 if no pokedex entries? I'm just about to try

I've done mid 60's

Maybe he's including scrapping the pidgeottes for candy
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:53:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
FINALLY! Level 27.3 with 133 in the Pokedex, and I finally, FINALLY got my Venusaur! Went to the kid's (college) Cross Country meet in Northern Ohio over the weekend and scored a handful of Bulbasaurs. Combined with the ones I'd hatched, the few I caught in the last couple months, and the buddy candies, I had enough to evolve one (and enough candies left to power it up a bit).

IV calc says it's 93%!

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/pogo/venusaur.png

Then I burned the rest of my dust powering this guy up.

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/pogo/arcanine.png

Not a bad weekend!  
View Quote

Don't you check before you evolve?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:01:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How in the hell have it not even seen a Pikachu? Level 23.5. I have seen 2 shadows in total. I caught a wild 1800+ snorlax, but not a yellow rat to be seen.
View Quote

That's roughly when I shagged my first one, maybe 24

Lol autocorrect

Snagged
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:03:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I am about tired of catching Pikachu.  Close to my employer is a park that is a Pikachu nest and I go to the park for lunch.  Those little cocksuckers always break out of balls and run away.  I've caught 71 so far.  This happened the other day:

<a href="http://s191.photobucket.com/user/elderboy02/media/Screenshot_20160915-120133_zpsvlvkiz2b.png.html" target="_blank">http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z282/elderboy02/Screenshot_20160915-120133_zpsvlvkiz2b.png</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How in the hell have it not even seen a Pikachu? Level 23.5. I have seen 2 shadows in total. I caught a wild 1800+ snorlax, but not a yellow rat to be seen.

I am about tired of catching Pikachu.  Close to my employer is a park that is a Pikachu nest and I go to the park for lunch.  Those little cocksuckers always break out of balls and run away.  I've caught 71 so far.  This happened the other day:

<a href="http://s191.photobucket.com/user/elderboy02/media/Screenshot_20160915-120133_zpsvlvkiz2b.png.html" target="_blank">http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z282/elderboy02/Screenshot_20160915-120133_zpsvlvkiz2b.png</a>

More importantly, do you seriously have a mankey as a buddy?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I saw a homeless guy in the bushes near work today.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

How many have you caught?  15? This is nuts
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#27]
hes just photoshopping stuff now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm not sure, but I've recycled a bunch, and I still have 6 left.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can go in your pokedex, click on a mon and it will tell you how many you've seen and caught.  Shockingly I've had zero issues with snorlax when I find them.  All 3 have been 1 raspberry and 1 ultra ball.

I caught a 1100cp one the other day that I was about to grind up for candy.  But it's proved useful in training leveling gyms since it has low cp.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#30]
You all make me sad...

Was able to evolve an Alakazam finally though, so I got that going for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Can go in your pokedex, click on a mon and it will tell you how many you've seen and caught.  Shockingly I've had zero issues with snorlax when I find them.  All 3 have been 1 raspberry and 1 ultra ball.

I caught a 1100cp one the other day that I was about to grind up for candy.  But it's proved useful in training leveling gyms since it has low cp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

11 according to the Pokedex.  I've hatched 2, so I've caught 9 in the wild, and recycled 5 of those.

2074 is the biggest one I've caught,  and I recycled anything under 1000 cp.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#32]
I've got 2 Snorlax. Hatched one and caught one. Hatched one Lapras. Still waiting on a Chansey and Aerodactyl, though.

I just evolved my second Blastoise today. It's better than my first, but still only mediocre attacks.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Just caught a CP 885 Eevee, 96% 15/14/14.

Think I will save this until Gen 2 comes out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
probably a good idea considering how bad the evo chance is.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow biggest I've ever seen is in the six hundreds.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
Lol, this.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine have been in the high 700s.  I'm level 26.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Had a 1495 Muk break and run after multiple razz/ultras. . I don't even have a grimer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen lower 700s and I'm almost 26
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lol, this.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, this.  

I don't know how to Photoshop.  They're real.  I keep my phone on my instrument cluster, and if he shows up,  I search nonstop until I find him.  Three times I couldn't find him.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Had a 1495 Muk break and run after multiple razz/ultras. . I don't even have a grimer.
View Quote

I'd have thrown my phone probably.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a broken man.

It's offset a little because I finally caught an Omanyte and got enough karp to evolve. But then I had a bulbasaur and an ivysaur break and run out of ultras. I'm 3 candies away from a venusaur.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm a broken man.

It's offset a little because I finally caught an Omanyte and got enough karp to evolve. But then I had a bulbasaur and an ivysaur break and run out of ultras. I'm 3 candies away from a venusaur.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a broken man.

My wife has had the only two snorlaxs she has seen run from her in the past week or so.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't know how to Photoshop.  They're real.  I keep my phone on my instrument cluster, and if he shows up,  I search nonstop until I find him.  Three times I couldn't find him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/Mobile%20Uploads/Pokmon%20GO_2016-09-22-16-42-45.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, this.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/Mobile%20Uploads/Pokmon%20GO_2016-09-22-16-42-45.png

You're just a lucky mofo then, or you do a lot more driving than I do.

But I'm the same, if I see one, I'm finding that fatty.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone else noticing a giant increase in Horsea?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.  All over WV and KY
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes.  All over WV and KY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  All over WV and KY

Not in East Tennessee.

Hatched 2 more 10k eggs. Finally got a onyx that's shit. Got another scyther. At least it wasn't cp 500 eevees
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#48]
My first Ninetales. Wild catch. IVs 41 but it has a pretty sweet CP. Haven't powered it up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:03:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wigglytuff is great at 1130+ CO for leveling up gyms.  I have one with pound and hyper beam that I use on Pokemon up to 1500cp.  Get 600-1000 prestige each fight.  I have one with Feint Front and Play Rough at 1499 and use him up to 2000cp moms.  He stomps Exeggcutor.  Also have a 701 Vaporeon for leveling gyms.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:05:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.  Hey medic, Where are you finding all the Snorlax?  I have found and hatched six total.  I have not seen a wild one for months.
Page / 176
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top