BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 176
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone finding these in the wild?  I hatched one, and would like to one day evolve it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/Mobile%20Uploads/Pokmon%20GO_2016-07-28-00-46-48.png
View Quote

Never seen one, or a Primape either. They spawn more often in drier, arid climates than where I live.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone think that lvls are controlled via the surrounding populations of other people's pokemon to keep it someone "even"?  I'm lvl 18 and only getting wild up to very low lvl 400cp and thats RARE.  I've not seen any 500s and most of mine are <300cp.  

Seems all the gyms near me have some upwards of 1300cp but not many.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Never seen one, or a Primape either. They spawn more often in drier, arid climates than where I live.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone finding these in the wild?  I hatched one, and would like to one day evolve it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/Mobile%20Uploads/Pokmon%20GO_2016-07-28-00-46-48.png

I have caught five or six mankeys and we live near each other
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Using Pokevision, this is the difference between my area, and if I drive 30 minutes east into NYC...

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Ya know I stopped using the raspberries because of the random curveball glitch then the great balls started doing the same thing. So last night I was hanging out at the only place in town with more than 1 pokestop in a 3 block radius and I put up a lure I had gotten for leveling. While farming the 3 pokestops just to keep up with the lure I started thinking about this glitch. I'm beginning to think it's not actually a glitch. If the pokeballs keep flying off in random directions and your useing a dozen just for a pidgey it almost forces you to use the store just to buy pokeballs. The damn bug is actually a feature.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I think people are starting to give up on this game, specially in my area. Location system still isn't fixed and nothing good spawns. A local gym in a popular area is controlled by only a lvl 500 pokemon, which says a lot. Hangout spots only have a few people, versus dozens.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does anyone think that lvls are controlled via the surrounding populations of other people's pokemon to keep it someone "even"?  I'm lvl 18 and only getting wild up to very low lvl 400cp and thats RARE.  I've not seen any 500s and most of mine are <300cp.  

View Quote

Nope, it's capped by your trainer level and those numbers sound accurate to me. Just gotta go walk more to find the good stuff, or find crappy stuff and evolve them. The CP you're seeing at lvl18 sound accurate to me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dangit tell them to come down to Maryville
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ya know I stopped using the raspberries because of the random curveball glitch then the great balls started doing the same thing. So last night I was hanging out at the only place in town with more than 1 pokestop in a 3 block radius and I put up a lure I had gotten for leveling. While farming the 3 pokestops just to keep up with the lure I started thinking about this glitch. I'm beginning to think it's not actually a glitch. If the pokeballs keep flying off in random directions and your useing a dozen just for a pidgey it almost forces you to use the store just to buy pokeballs. The damn bug is actually a feature.
View Quote

The higher level you are the higher chance they will curve off. You need to start throwing curve balls
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Nope, it's capped by your trainer level and those numbers sound accurate to me. Just gotta go walk more to find the good stuff, or find crappy stuff and evolve them. The CP you're seeing at lvl18 sound accurate to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Except I've seen those CP levels since about lvl 13.  Just not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I think people are starting to give up on this game, specially in my area. Location system still isn't fixed and nothing good spawns. A local gym in a popular area is controlled by only a lvl 500 pokemon, which says a lot. Hangout spots only have a few people, versus dozens.
View Quote

I saw about 50 people playing the game in a very small out of the way park last night... While it was 95 degrees out. On a Wednesday...

There are still a ton of people playing.

I control gyms with CP 10 Pokemon, doesn't mean anything.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was running low on item storage space so I started using razz berries on pokemon I would never had otherwise to make room and I noticed a definite increase in the amount of random hooks and slices when I threw a pokeball/great ball.

I'm starting to suspect that if you're not trying to catch a high level pokemon you really want and/or you don't have a surplus of supplies then it doesn't really make sense to use razz berries.  Especially if you're running low on pokeballs.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Have you guys tried getting more items than your item bag would allow?

This morning I had room for just two new items in my item bag, I went to a pokestop, it gave me 3 pokeballs, and when I looked at my bag it had me as being one OVER my item limit.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This morning I had room for just two new items in my item bag, I went to a pokestop, it gave me 3 pokeballs, and when I looked at my bag it had me as being one OVER my item limit.

View Quote

You can go over the bag limit with your leveling up rewards also
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#15]
above level 17 the monsters start force fielding and headblocking your throws

I think there are patterns to making successful captures

right curve then a left curve seems to work
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed. You can go over your limit with both stops and leveling, but then can pick up no more items until you go back down below.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Freakin login servers are having issues again.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Indeed. You can go over your limit with both stops and leveling, but then can pick up no more items until you go back down below.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, really? That's great. Excellent timing too as I was just about to start getting rid of items to make room for my level rewards.

Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Its a fun game, but its definitely one of the most unstable games I've played on a phone. Wow.

The instability combined with the random curveballs (Can you intentionally throw those?) on top of the fact I'm seeing even very low levels of Pokemon jump out of the balls is making me think getting to higher levels is going to be a painful, slow, frustrating grind.

I can see where it may be enough for a lot of people to give it up as it will quickly lose its charm.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Its a fun game, but its definitely one of the most unstable games I've played on a phone. Wow.

The instability combined with the random curveballs (Can you intentionally throw those?) on top of the fact I'm seeing even very low levels of Pokemon jump out of the balls is making me think getting to higher levels is going to be a painful, slow, frustrating grind.

I can see where it may be enough for a lot of people to give it up as it will quickly lose its charm.

View Quote

Yes.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone have pokestops disappear? Going through a cemetery that has been loaded with them and they are not here. But i can see others elsewhere. I know people have complained about people going around cemeteries playing. Don't know if they would remove them. Maybe just a temporary glitch.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Anyone have pokest ops disappear? Going through a cemetery that has been loaded with them and they are not here. But i can see others elsewhere. I know people have complained about people going around cemeteries playing. Don't know if they would remove them. Maybe just a temporary glitch.
View Quote

Niantic allows private property holders to request the removal of Pokestops and Gyms.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#23]
why can I not find PokeVision in google play?? does someone have a screenshot of what it looks like?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
why can I not find PokeVision in google play?? does someone have a screenshot of what it looks like?
View Quote

It's a website, not an app.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone start a second account? I am almost level 22 but thinking about creating a second account Abe speed racing to level 20 before I spend any dust or evolve anything besides piggies, caterpies, weedels ave ratattas
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

I've been in groups of people all catching the same Pokemon in the same place at the same time, and the CP was different for everyone.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anyone start a second account? I am almost level 22 but thinking about creating a second account Abe speed racing to level 20 before I spend any dust or evolve anything besides piggies, caterpies, weedels ave ratattas
View Quote

I thought the Trainer login was broken, so I set up a google login. Some mornings, both are broken. /sigh/
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Servers are down ugh
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Thought this was interesting.  To be attributed to something so popular but not get rewarded has to really sting.  haha

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

First account is lvl 24, really screwed the magic dust pooch on that one, evolving stuff at lower levels and wasting dust on all kinds of crap pokemon. Started a new account and saved all evolving and dust until lvl 20. Second account is 21 now, Been farming dratini and magikarp like mad. had over 2000 magikarp a couple days ago (across both accounts). Pretty much only going to use dust on Snorlax, Dragonite, Gyarados and Lapras if I ever find one.

Wish the healing potions were more common.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Servers are down ugh
View Quote

It's kind of sad that it's gotten to the point where 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM weekdays I pretty much expect them to be down at some point.

But don't worry.  They are working hard to bring Pokemon GO to dozens more countries soon so I'm sure that will fix it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's kind of sad that it's gotten to the point where 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM weekdays I pretty much expect them to be down at some point.

But don't worry.  They are working hard to bring Pokemon GO to dozens more countries soon so I'm sure that will fix it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Servers are down ugh

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

First account is lvl 24, really screwed the magic dust pooch on that one, evolving stuff at lower levels and wasting dust on all kinds of crap pokemon. Started a new account and saved all evolving and dust until lvl 20. Second account is 21 now, Been farming dratini and magikarp like mad. had over 2000 magikarp a couple days ago (across both accounts). Pretty much only going to use dust on Snorlax, Dragonite, Gyarados and Lapras if I ever find one.

View Quote

Dude... Da fuq?

I am lvl 24 and haven't even crossed 2,000 TOTAL Pokemon caught yet. And I am out there every day for a couple hours and even more on weekends.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Dude... Da fuq?

I am lvl 24 and haven't even crossed 2,000 TOTAL Pokemon caught yet. And I am out there every day for a couple hours and even more on weekends.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude... Da fuq?

Yeah, I'm calling BS on that too without screenshots.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude... Da fuq?

Bullshit or botting/spoofing.

Edit: Or somehow lives on a Magikarp nest that just spawns one after the other endlessly. In that case... I hate you.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Aria Restaurant in Sydney. It's right in the harbor surrounded by water so probably why so many magikarp spawn there. Sometimes 2-3 at a time flopping around. You guys really think I'm lying about catching magikarp?

And yes, using Nox GPS spoofing. Been to Central Park in NYC, little bit in Santa Monica, but mostly in Sydney. No bots though, just OCD and too much time on my hands.

EDIT: Pics

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Also, if anyone else is in Sydney, or spoofing in Sydney Redferrn Park seems to be a dratini nest. Usually 2-3 there, not sure about the spawn time intervals but pretty regular.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Aria Restaurant in Sydney. It's right in the harbor surrounded by water so probably why so many magikarp spawn there. Sometimes 2-3 at a time flopping around. You guys really think I'm lying about catching magikarp?

And yes, using Nox GPS spoofing. Been to Central Park in NYC, little bit in Santa Monica, but mostly in Sydney. No bots though, just OCD and too much time on my hands.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/282jhhx.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/65u5ih.png

http://i68.tinypic.com/169j8s1.png

http://i67.tinypic.com/2eq5q12.png
View Quote

2k MagiKarp candy, while fucking ridiculous, is a little different than 2k MagiKarp.

And your account is fucking ridiculous. /Jelly
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saw one at a lured pokestop in front of Margaritaville at the Island in Pigeon Forge but the trolley pulled away before I could tap on it, keep opening the damn pokestop instead.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#41]
how do you use this nox without everything running away after the first ball?

nevermind, guess i got banned. all i want are gastlys, im pretty close to a nest in california, can i hop there with nox and not get banned?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
how do you use this nox without everything running away after the first ball?

nevermind, guess i got banned. all i want are gastlys, im pretty close to a nest in california, can i hop there with nox and not get banned?
View Quote

Soft ban if you jump around long distances and play right away. I usually gear up in Sydney then close Nox, open it back up and set location back to Medellin, then close Nox without starting Pokemon again for 3-4 hours. After 3-4 hours can play without getting my pee pee slapped.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

2k MagiKarp candy, while fucking ridiculous, is a little different than 2k MagiKarp.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gyarados doesn't seem all that great to me. I mean, it's not like it's a real powerhouse in the gym. Looks cool though.

And some of those Dragonites have the stupid paw swipe attack which sucks. Wish I hadn't wasted any dust on those. The others have dragon breath which seems to work a lot better. Especially in the mornings.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link to this gps hack plz.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone caught missingno yet?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://en.bignox.com/pokemongo
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#47]
WTF, I'm still not getting any Vaporeons from Eevee.  I'm about to just start powering up my only one.  I have over a dozen Flareons and Jolteons.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've caught a couple mankeys as well. We all fairly close I think. I'm tricities area

Current top 12. Haven't got much past 3 days(had 3 twelves in a row)

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Dratini weren't hitting at the local park as well tonight. Only got 5 in 2 hours. Probably because I took my wife. She's bad luck.

Have enough to make a 2nd Dragonite now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dratini weren't hitting at the local park as well tonight. Only got 5 in 2 hours. Probably because I took my wife. She's bad luck.

Have enough to make a 2nd Dragonite now.
View Quote

What level are you up to now?
Page / 176
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top