Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 176
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yih. I hatched a Machop and got the gold Kanto medal.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone catch a Saint Patrick's Day pikachu yet?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a chansey from a 10km egg.  71% IVs.  Fucking game. 
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:48:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh Patrick...
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

My last 5 10km hatches have been this. All around 1100 CP.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone catch a Saint Patrick's Day pikachu yet?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG-1449-164528.JPG
View Quote

That would be hilarious if they actually did that.  

The move, "Stool Throw" alone would make it worth finding that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#8]
3 legged or fecal stool throwing?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
3 legged or fecal stool throwing?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone else having login issues?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#11]
In the last 2 weeks, I have had several log outs while just running the app, and a few instances where it won't log me in unless i crash the app
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:28:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I think I might have found a 'mon to replace my 3,350 DB/DC Dragonite as my best attacker.

Attachment Attached File

Of course now I have to find more Larvitar candies to power him up and those aren't exactly easy to come by.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:03:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't know if it was due to the force stops, but the GPS has finally been somewhat reasonable the last 3-4 days. It follows me as I walk, though it often gets a mind of its own and thinks I'm a block west of my actual location, and sometimes is averse to PokeStops. But I was able to refill my bag and battle a gym for a bit, and have enough balls to feed the grinder.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Wife saw this on Facebook from one of the parents of a student from her school

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Are pokestops not giving out special items anymore?

The first week, I got 2 dragon scales, a metal coat, and an up-grade all within 100-200 pokestops.

I've hit 500-1000 pokestops since, and zero special items.

And is there a Mantine/Dratini event going on that I'm not aware of?  My last 6 10km eggs have given me 3 of each.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Are pokestops not giving out special items anymore?

The first week, I got 2 dragon scales, a metal coat, and an up-grade all within 100-200 pokestops.

I've hit 500-1000 pokestops since, and zero special items.

And is there a Mantine/Dratini event going on that I'm not aware of?  My last 6 10km eggs have given me 3 of each.
View Quote

It all comes down to the RNG,  but it seems like, on average, it's 1 item for every 300 spins.

And as far as your Mantine/Dratini complaint goes, I hatched the most useless 10 km 'mon about 10 mins ago and would have loved to have 16-32 Dratini candies instead.

Attachment Attached File

I understand not having all 10 km hatches be Larvitar, Snorlax, Chansey, and ice/ice Lapras, but there's no excuse to have a 'mon that's so bad the majority of people transfer it immediately after it hatches.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#18]
If you think your GO day is going poorly:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you think your GO day is going poorly:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG-1568-165914.JPG
View Quote

I just want some fucking potions.

I have hundreds of bananas and am nearly out of potions.

I'm convinced Niantic is their own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

You might have to look at it on your phone to be able to see it all.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#21]
The great Snorlax migration has finally ended.  It is once again possible to catch the fatman stateside.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Awesome. My wife and stepdaughter each caught one today, my wife already had a couple but I've been playing since July and still don't have a single Snorlax. :-/ And I slept through her text letting me know there was one hanging out at Target a few blocks from the house. At least I can feel like I'll get another chance now.

Does anyone else rename their Pokemons to keep track of which ones are in which gyms? It's a simple way to help me figure out where they get sent back from when they get kicked back out.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/146/IMG-9474-166679.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The great Snorlax migration has finally ended.  It is once again possible to catch the fatman stateside.

Awesome. My wife and stepdaughter each caught one today, my wife already had a couple but I've been playing since July and still don't have a single Snorlax. :-/ And I slept through her text letting me know there was one hanging out at Target a few blocks from the house. At least I can feel like I'll get another chance now.

Does anyone else rename their Pokemons to keep track of which ones are in which gyms? It's a simple way to help me figure out where they get sent back from when they get kicked back out.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/146/IMG-9474-166679.png

Understandably a lot of players are pissed off how Niantic removed all Snorlax for 99.99% of their player base for weeks so they could promote an area where 0.01% of them live. A day or two, okay, but weeks is pretty ridiculous.

As far as remembering which gyms my pokemon are in: I just take a screenshot with my phone of my 'mon in the gym and then when it gets knocked out I delete the pic.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It all comes down to the RNG,  but it seems like, on average, it's 1 item for every 300 spins.

And as far as your Mantine/Dratini complaint goes, I hatched the most useless 10 km 'mon about 10 mins ago and would have loved to have 16-32 Dratini candies instead.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG-1561-165672.JPG

I understand not having all 10 km hatches be Larvitar, Snorlax, Chansey, and ice/ice Lapras, but there's no excuse to have a 'mon that's so bad the majority of people transfer it immediately after it hatches.
View Quote

Oh don't worry, I think I've already hatched 3 (maybe 4?) Gligars out of 10km eggs so far.  If I ever hatch a Sudowoodo, I'll probably throw my phone out the window.

I don't understand how those 2 are 10kms when they're so plentiful in the wild.  Only Eevee was easier to find/catch when it was a 10km.  Gligar and Sudowoodo are even worse 10kms than Scyther and Pinsir were.

I would rather Grimer and Porygon be 10kms, since they're so hard to find in the wild anyway.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#26]
We catch a couple Grimers a week at our usual playing spot. Larvitars too.

Ditto the comments on potions vs. balls. I've been battling like a mofo this week and need some potions to heal my army but the award rate looks way down.

Speaking of Dittos: Caught #62 yesterday. Can anyone tell me WTF the things are good for?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#27]
For the love of God don't complain about not enough potions. The last time that happened they tweaked the drop rates and it was horrible. You couldn't get balls anymore.
Complain about not enough drops from Pokestops!  3 items from a spin is sad.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#28]
i discovered that if you crack an incense and are driven about, you can catch triggered road mons at 35 mph
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:48:47 AM EDT
[#29]
For the first time I used my Bite/Stone Edge Tyranitar in a gym yesterday and holy crap what a beast.  It took out a 2,000+ Espeon so fast my charge move didn't even get a chance to fill up before the Eeveelution went down.

If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:09:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
For the love of God don't complain about not enough potions. The last time that happened they tweaked the drop rates and it was horrible. You couldn't get balls anymore.
View Quote
Let people trade worthless items (Bananas) for worthwhile ones (Potions) and call it a day.  

Where I'm deployed to there is a place here where there's about ten Pokestops that you can walk in a circle around the area nonstop and hit every one of them without worrying about getting to one too soon and I'm still fresh out of potions. I've walked that ring for two hours once and hatched a 10km egg (Gligar, of course) and have more than a hundred great balls,  75 ultra and 250 standard balls, yet only got a few potions.  

Puts a damper on the nightly rumble for the gym in the middle of that ring at least for me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:15:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Let people trade worthless items (Bananas) for worthwhile ones (Potions) and call it a day.  

Where I'm deployed to there is a place here where there's about ten Pokestops that you can walk in a circle around the area nonstop and hit every one of them without worrying about getting to one too soon and I'm still fresh out of potions. I've walked that ring for two hours once and hatched a 10km egg (Gligar, of course) and have more than a hundred great balls,  75 ultra and 250 standard balls, yet only got a few potions.  

Puts a damper on the nightly rumble for the gym in the middle of that ring at least for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish they'd let you convert potions.  Like allowing you to turn 10 potions into 1 hyper potion.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:23:07 AM EDT
[#32]
If all you poke nerds could stop trespassing at nuclear facilities, that would be greeeeeeeeat.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If all you poke nerds could stop trespassing at nuclear facilities, that would be greeeeeeeeat.
View Quote
Write Niantic and tell them to take you off as a poke stop. Many a business has done so.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:55:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorry for interrupting your nap time, Paul Blart
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
And if you could stop kidnapping fat children and forcing them to watch boring slide shows of your vacations by yourself that'd be fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#37]
I caught the letter N.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
For the first time I used my Bite/Stone Edge Tyranitar in a gym yesterday and holy crap what a beast.  It took out a 2,000+ Espeon so fast my charge move didn't even get a chance to fill up before the Eeveelution went down.

If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.
View Quote
I hatched one with very high IVs, another whose stats are a little lower than the first but overall, pretty good. And there's the occasional wild catch.

#2 is walking with me right now and I'm 70 candies short of cranking up my newly evolved Pupitar into its big brother.

Regarding the special items award rate:

It's been a few weeks since I got any of them, and I often spin between 60 and 100 stops a night on the route we walk...total depending on the number of laps. Second stop of last night got a Steel Coat, and that same stop yielded a King Rock this morning. Probably 40 spins between them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Was that just released?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Was that just released?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Was that just released?
They were released with the rest of gen 2, but they are extremely rare.  Probably the rarest non-evolution 'mon in the game.

It'll be a while before I get the Unown gold medal.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I did recently get my double gold for Jogger though.

Pretty crazy to think that's how far Las Vegas is from Houston.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Hatched 2 more 10km eggs today

2 more Gligars

And to add insult to injury, they both had horrible IVs.  Not that I wouldn't have transferred them even if they were 100% 15/15/15

Nice!  Did you see it at a pokestop or did it just pop up randomly?

Are there any trackers that still work?  People on The Silph Road nest atlas are always posting screenshots from a tracker that looks like pokevision, but I haven't found any that work.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

2 more Gligars

And to add insult to injury, they both had horrible IVs.  Not that I wouldn't have transferred them even if they were 100% 15/15/15

Are there any trackers that still work?  People on The Silph Road nest atlas are always posting screenshots from a tracker that looks like pokevision, but I haven't found any that work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

2 more Gligars

Some guys have all the luck...

Attachment Attached File

(Unfortunately not my screenshot)

The Unown was just dumb luck. I was downtown on St Paddy's Day and overheard someone ask someone else "did you catch it?" This was a bar not a park or something so I figured it had to be something good.  I fired up GO and there it was.

Some major cities have scanners. I don't know of any free scanners like Pokevision that work wherever.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG-1690-168892.JPG
View Quote
Calm down, Forrest.

I passed 280km.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Recently evolved 2 Chikoritas that were both only like level 20 with around 70% IVs all the way to Meganiums, because they were by far the best 2 I had caught since gen 2 came out.

Then of course I almost imediately catch a Chikorita that's level 31 with around 95% IVs.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Calm down, Forrest.

I passed 280km.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG-1690-168892.JPG
Calm down, Forrest.

I passed 280km.
How long have you been playing?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:28:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Since the 4th of August.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#48]
I wish this was another pokemon, but I caught a Krabby that had the following stats:
1164 CP (think thats close to max)
54HP
5000 Candy

14/10/15 87%

If only that was something "better".
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#49]
I caught a mutated giraffe today.

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:16:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Since the 4th of August.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since the 4th of August.
Damn, dude.  That's like 10 km a week.  Are you a shut-in or something?
Page / 176
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top