Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2016 1:14:33 AM EDT
I just found out my CMP Garand will arrive tomorrow. I ordered in March. The ammo came weeks ago. Wish me luck on the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:21:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Jealousy.

Be sure and post pics.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:25:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Still waiting on mine. I did get confirmation they received my order before they quit accepting them. However, March till end of June leads me to believe I will see mine in November if I'm lucky.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:29:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had other gun stuff to buy first but that is definitely on the list one day.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:30:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jealousy.

Be sure and post pics.
View Quote

Same

Is there a benefit to ordering through CMP instead of say someones garand off of gunbroker (that may have come from the cmp as well)?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:38:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Price. And apparently they take care of you if there's an issue with it.  I waited too long, should've bought my Garand before my last AR15
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:41:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Plus the sheer awesome factor of having a rifle shipped straight to your door, by the U.S. Government itself.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#7]

I have three words for you:

1. Grease

2. Grease

3. More grease
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:12:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Its a neat thing to have a rfile delivered to your house in the mail (or ups)
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#9]
You can look in your order history on the e-store and it will have the serial number of the rifle that was shipped to you.  You can look it up and find out the date of your rifle before it even arrives.  Whether its WWII, or post WWII.  No way to know the condition or breakdown of parts until you open the box, but at least you can know the vintage of the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#10]
good luck and tagged for pics...

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Humblebrag thread.

Ordered mine in April and the only thing I've received is a DBU...almost....
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Same

Is there a benefit to ordering through CMP instead of say someones garand off of gunbroker (that may have come from the cmp as well)?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jealousy.

Be sure and post pics.

Same

If it's your first Garand CMP is a great way to go...price can't be beat, than there is the excitement and build up leading to the shipping notification and the fun of having a rifle delivered to you home.  All but one of my Garands have been from the CMP, and everything that I've ordered that is a Service Grade or above I've kept.  I ordered a couple of field grades in the past, but ended up parting ways with them.

If you are looking for something particular, such as a  rebuild, private purchase is you best bet.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:07:19 AM EDT
[#13]
What is your approximate order number and grade if you do not mind.
I have two order numbers in the 6088xx range and was just wondering .....when.......
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:18:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Same

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jealousy.

Be sure and post pics.

Same

Price.

Guaranteed it wont be a reweld receiver.

Checked out by competent smiths, and they have a reputation for fixing it if it doesn't run right.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I just got a service grade yesterday. I lucked out with a beautiful USGI stock.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Good luck OP!  My Garand and M1 Carbine are my favorites.

I look forward to you posting pictures of your American Treasure!  Welcome to the club!
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 12:48:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have two order numbers in the 6088xx range and was just wondering .....when.......
View Quote

I ordered a service grade. It came with a WWll original walnut stock and really great looking metal. I requested a WWll gun with walnut. That is what I got.
It was a Springfield with a me1 te2 barrel from '64. It's receiver is a 2,7xx,xxx serial number which puts it around March of 1944.
It took around 4 months to get.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I ordered a service grade. It came with a WWll original walnut stock and really great looking metal. I requested a WWll gun with walnut. That is what I got.
It was a Springfield with a me1 te2 barrel from '64. It's receiver is a 2,7xx,xxx serial number which puts it around March of 1944.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds like about the best one can get.  A ww2 gun with a old wood
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I picked mine out from the rack.  Dec 1941 manufacture (one of the first 100 made that month so I'm guessing prior to Dec7.)

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just found out my CMP Garand will arrive tomorrow. I ordered in March. The ammo came weeks ago. Wish me luck on the rifle.
View Quote

You don't need luck, after looking it over, you will need another Garand, they tend to multiply.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I got two Garands and a carbine from CMP. Tons of Greek ammo I never shoot since I roll my own and a bayonet. The CMP was the best way for me to get a Garand or carbine.

I need more ammo but honestly I would rather roll my own.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#22]
So when are you ordering the next one?  
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's my latest SG I got on Tuesday

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I really miss those trips to Anniston.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:50:13 AM EDT
[#25]
I'd like to get a service grade Garand someday. Do they come in stock regularly, or on a specific time frame per year?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top