Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm guessing your colleagues couldn't destroy your career and life
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've had several female co-workers say inappropriate things to me.  I shrugged them off because in every case they were clearly joking, and I'm not a hypersensitive weenie.

You are putting qualifications on it that they have to be in a position of authority....but for women they always say that anyone can sexually harass them.   It could be their coworker,boss or the mail boy.   It still counts in their mind and authority has nothing to do with it.   Just watch any HR movie.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:27:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't have to sue. I punched the motherfucker four times in the face and he let go of me.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's only considered harassment if they're fat, crazy and ugly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:44:30 AM EDT
[#4]
every single man I that I know of ( Gay or Straight) that has worked at the same hospitals I have has endured 100x more sexual harassment than any woman I have ever seen. hell, my wife worked in the lab and they still did things like pull down my scrub pants while I was checking out Packed Cells for Surgery or spraying cold alcohol on crotch thru my scrubs. the fact my wife was working 50 ft away made no difference to them. those women that work in hospitals have no shame.

I do not know of one male that made a report of it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:45:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Guess this was the wrong forum.
Seriously, a woman has the power to destroy you, and she makes a pass at you.
Tell me about that.
View Quote

I was only 19.  Poor, hungry and alone in a big city.
My boss kept putting her hands on me.  

It doesn't go away.  I can't stop thinking about it.  Eveytime she gets another Academy Award I'm reminded how I felt...

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:53:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
was she in a position to destroy your life?

If not. Not applicable
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to work with a married woman in her sixties, she would show up at work late at night (I was working, but it was long after her shift).

She would bring me food that I hadn't asked for...then rub my neck...then rub my back with her front...

It never happened, I just wasn't interested.  She retired a few years back, and still shows up here now and again, late at night...

It would be harassment if she still worked here, if I reported her.  I'm still not interested, still not going to report her to HR as long as she takes No for an answer.

was she in a position to destroy your life?

If not. Not applicable

She wasn't a supervisor, so quid pro quo wasn't possible.

Hostile work environment, yes...if I had reported her.  I didn't.

So yes, it was workplace sexual harassment, if I had made an issue of it.

HR would have had to take action if informed, to cover their liability.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:47:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My GF who has vacationed there said the girls would walk right up to Western guys who were with their GF's and just take their hand and try and walk off with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I spent some time in Thailand.  I got harassed by the LBFMs there.  A western guy is pretty much a piece of meat to them.

My GF who has vacationed there said the girls would walk right up to Western guys who were with their GF's and just take their hand and try and walk off with them.

Yes they do.  They'll reach down your pants and grab your junk right there too.  Men are a job $$ to them, so they don't care if you're on vacation or not or who your with.  Really strange to be walking with your lady and you still get heckled and pawed at sometimes.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:51:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I have never REMOTELY been the victim of sexual harassment.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Men that have experienced sexual harassment are gay
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:57:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Given today's definition of sexual harrasment, anyone who has ever been in the military or a high school locker room is a victim...
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A woman in position to destroy your professional career makes a pass at you

Discuss
View Quote

Just fuck her and get that raise.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:03:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Gal I just met for the first time at the bar the other night kept touching me on the leg and back.  Giving me goo goo eyes.  Rubbing the back of my neck.  She never asked permission or anything.  It was disgusting.  I didn't care one bit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:15:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I Sexually assaulted !!

Several times

Meh
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I had a female boss once years ago who enjoyed telling all kinds of dirty jokes and what not.

I enjoyed being treated like a sex object, being the filthy whore that I am.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should try it sometime!  It's fun!

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#16]
When I worked retail sales I had a few female supervisors and managers.  One particular manager was let's say in her mid-thirties at the time and wasn't bad to look at.  She was a little loosey-goosey from what I could tell but didn't seem to have any interest in myself or any coworker that I was aware of.

We started missing product and it was this huge screw up in inventory and it happened to be my area of responsibility.  I could not figure out for the life of me what the fuck was going on and of course we started to get questions about loss control and there was discussion of investigators coming up.  This female manager started to get very friendly with me...in a way I was not quite sure how to take.  I assumed it was her way of trying to investigate me, to loosen me up to talk about the missing product because again, it was my responsibility and anyone would assume I had made a mistake or stolen it.  I assumed it was all a trap by her.

In the end, it was her who fucking stole the product and was working to blame me.  She thankfully got her ass fired.  I'll never forget her crying as the district manager and a loss control guy led her out.  I don't think they filed charges but they should have.  Freaking red heads.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Well OK, here goes.

Dear Arfcom,

I never thought it could happen to me, but......
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought this was going to be a "how to" thread.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:33:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Ive had a female coworker look up my shorts, smile and comment about my "hang." Another one squirted me on the back of my head with breast milk when I was on the phone with a customer. Another time, breast milk chick jammed her hand down my pants and groped me, again, while I was on the phone with a customer. No, I never complained. I was 19 at the time.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You should try it sometime!  It's fun!

View Quote

Way too ugly and hairy.

Just to give you a perspective..........I went to an all black high school (well 6 whites in my class) and they were joking around one time in the gym and voted me "least likely to be raped in prison".

The vote was unanimous and most of the guys looked like Captain Obvious when my name came up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:37:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You are putting qualifications on it that they have to be in a position of authority....but for women they always say that anyone can sexually harass them.   It could be their coworker,boss or the mail boy.   It still counts in their mind and authority has nothing to do with it.   Just watch any HR movie.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've had several female co-workers say inappropriate things to me.  I shrugged them off because in every case they were clearly joking, and I'm not a hypersensitive weenie.

And it's true. Sexual harassment doesn't have to come from a superior or authority figure. It can come from anyone, male or female, and doesn't have to be in the workplace. And it can absolutely happen to men. Happens all the time, in fact, but men are much less likely to report it, and much less done if they do report it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm a RN in a hospital surrounded by 20-something year old RN coeds. The shit they say and talk about would have my ass in HR so fast I wouldn't have time to log out of my charting.

I've heard them talk about:

their tits
other girls tits
blow jobs
how saline flushes have a similar saltiness to jizz
"getting my kitty waxed"
joking about the directions they wipe their ass (side to side)
ass play
telling me they just started their period
thanks to testing, they don't have AIDS from the random guy the fucked a few months ago

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the show but holee-fuck I'd be shit canned pronto-style if I said a tenth of what these chicks say.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#23]
I was in highschool working a part time job at a state hospital.  I'd come in for two hours at the end of supper time to wash dishes.  The kitchen staff was all middle aged women.  One used to make comments and advances to me all the time.  Pretty sure it was just her personality and she wasn't serious.  But at times she'd get aggressive and cross the line.

I would dread coming into work if I knew she was working that day.  Then I'd try to keep a low profile and do my best to avoid her.  If I wasn't a shy, nerdy teenager it probably would have been awesome, but it was awkward and uncomfortable.  This woman was the same age as my mom.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me neither I must be uglier than I thought.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm a RN in a hospital surrounded by 20-something year old RN coeds. The shit they say and talk about would have my ass in HR so fast I wouldn't have time to log out of my charting.

their tits
other girls tits
blow jobs
"getting my kitty waxed"
ass play
thanks to testing, they don't have AIDS from the random guy the fucked a few months ago

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the show but holee-fuck I'd be shit canned pronto-style if I said a tenth of what these chicks say.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Me neither I must be uglier than I thought.

View Quote

We should start a club!!

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

their tits
other girls tits
blow jobs
"getting my kitty waxed"
ass play

View Quote

Well, just try it some time, to see what happens.

Go into work one day and talk about how you wipe your ass, to see how they react.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

their tits
other girls tits
blow jobs
"getting my kitty waxed"
ass play

View Quote

this man has seen the battle. his words are true.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Yes by co-workers and patients.

Never bothered me but was technically harassment.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#30]
My 1st job was selling shoes at a local sporting goods store.  I was 16.  There was a twenty-something that worked in the tennis department that I dreamed she would try to make advances on me.  I think I dreamed about it nightly.  Maybe a couple times per night.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:14:33 AM EDT
[#31]
one of the things that happened to me was a game of "Guess Who". there would be a picture left in my personal drawer that was a close up of a vag, tit or open mouth from various female co workers with post it notes on it  saying "Guess Who". some of the pics were taken solo, some were taken with an accomplice.

every now and one of the women would casually ask me  " who I thought a certain picture was".

it went on for damn near a year.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A woman in position to destroy your professional career makes a pass at you

Discuss
View Quote

Act ignorant and pretend you didn't get the hint offered.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#33]
When I was talking pictures of my students for their name badge, a reasonably attractive middle aged woman asked if she could use a pic on her phone instead. She pulls it up for me to see, and its her dressed as a gladiator. Think Saxa from Spartacus. Later she tells me, in front of all the other students, that she wants to give her computer a blowjob. When I asked her what on earth she was talking about, she said she thought that's what it's called when you use canned air to dust the keyboard. I told her she knew perfectly well that's not what it was called and to quit being disruptive.

Reported both incidents to both my bosses and they both just laughed it off.

Working in retail I've had a number of customers for with me or make crude or unwelcome comments. I don't care because I don't need that job. I need my career though, and it irritates me when people are stupid about my job.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Apparently reading is a challenge here

If she can't fire you it's not harrassment
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've had female coworkers come on to me that clearly weren't joking. Didn't get my panties in a twist about it. It was a little uncomfortable at times but I'm still here.

Um, yes it is. Sexual harrassment is any unwanted sexual advances. Go back to your HR briefing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Tell me about that.
View Quote

You have some kind of fantasy to play out or something? You're pretty obsessed with one very particular scenario.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Maybe I've been sexually harassed in the past, but I always just consider it aggressive compliments.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#37]
When I was fresh out of college, one of my first jobs was financial comptroller over an accounting/bookkeeping department of 28 females at a "Property Company", an apartment management headquarters in Tulsa that owned and operated 40 apartment complexes with 500 units or more all along the Gulf seaboard..

I was technically the boss of the department, but most of the wimmenz there had been with the company a lot longer than I and considered their seniority as assets. The strongest come-on was from a property manager over 5 of the complexes we owned in Houston. She was about mid 40's at the time and I was 25...she had a reputation of taking the new guy home from the company Christmas party but my wife wasn't having any of that.

I took the computer administrator's position when he left the company just to get out of the accounting department. Being the only young guy in a department full of women (mostly 40-somethings and single moms...) was fun at first but it got old quickly.

Did I mention "Synchronistic Cycles"?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:44:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Yep.

Male RN here.

As previously posted above.

She was the manager of my department.

I just smiled and said "Thanks for the compliment ... but I'm married to another nurse manager"

She grinned and said "Happily married?"

"Very"

She rolled her eyes and gave up.

I used to have a sign on my locker that said "Sexual harassment will not be reported, however, you will receive a grade at the end of the day"
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#39]
When I was 16 was worked at dominos. My manager was this big morbidly obese guy. He was really nice though and a great manager. His wife was an assistant manager. Looked exactly the same as her husband. 5' 6", 370 lbs, massive gunt with a fupa overhang. When she would be the manager in charge she would slap my butt, pinch my ass, even snake her little sausage fingers up to my starfish a couple times. It was fucking weird. She played it off as a big joke and laughed about it but ten years later I realised that I was being sexually harassed and possibly molested technically in the workplace. She's probably dead now from the beatus.

Then, when I was older I didn't have anymore SH but I did get Domestic violenced a couple times. I had a chick break into my friends house and beat the shit out of me while I was sleeping so I wouod go next door and fuck her. Then I had a different chick slam my head into a bar "book of Eli" style when I told her we weren't going to be fucking anymore.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I used to have a sign on my locker that said "Sexual harassment will not be reported, however, you will receive a grade at the end of the day"
View Quote

OMG, a retired CIA analyst I used to work with (...he was retired CIA, not me) had that very same sign behind his desk.

I miss that guy. He died of Parkinson's years ago.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's amazing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Tell me about that.
View Quote

You think?  lol this is GD, not team.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Tell me about that.
View Quote

Good lord shut the hell up about it already

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

lol, no.  

That's one kind of harassment.  It's called quid pro quo sexual harassment.  The other kind of sexual harassment is hostile work environment.

You asked about sexual harassment.

This is starting to sound like the do you spank your kids guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've had female coworkers come on to me that clearly weren't joking. Didn't get my panties in a twist about it. It was a little uncomfortable at times but I'm still here.

lol, no.  

That's one kind of harassment.  It's called quid pro quo sexual harassment.  The other kind of sexual harassment is hostile work environment.

You asked about sexual harassment.

This is starting to sound like the do you spank your kids guy.

Hostile work environment is a pretty high bar to meet. You may want to read up on it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've been sexually harassed... and it was by a subordinate.  

The problem with being a man, and being sexually harassed, is that nobody believes you.  You feel weird reporting it in the first place, and when you do, nothing gets done.  The man is always perceived as the aggressor.

It sucks.
View Quote

Double sucks when you're accused and you did nothing.........but the way the woman tells her side of the story, everyone doubts your side of the story.

Then you get punished for her lie.

Don't ask me how I know........................I'm forbidden from talking about it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#46]
I've been harrassed by classmates, professors, and now patients.  

A few weeks ago, I had an elderly patient tell her daughter that she would like to take me to bed with her.  She said this right in front of me.  I chuckled and my assistant turned beet red.  

Zero fucks given
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's only considered harassment if they're fat, crazy and ugly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You have some kind of fantasy to play out or something? You're pretty obsessed with one very particular scenario.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me about that.

Yeah, it's pretty odd.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear
View Quote

And when I do it's usually something unusual.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Not really in the work place but I was at a work related seminar with my father a few years ago and had an incident.  We were at a casino using there banquet hall.  My father was about 60 at the time, me around 37.  We had wondered out into the casino to take a break and a young lady who attended the seminar with another guy that we new from another company decided she wanted a father son tag team.  She didn't even try to hint at what she wanted and came right out asking if we we'd take her back to our room.  I looked at my father and said "Dad I'm scared" rather loudly, and we walked off laughing.  

Unfortunately we've bumped into her at several golf outtings since then and she's approached us several times now.  I'm running out of smart ass remarks.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top