Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Brave men and their fearless simulators.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What radar do you want?

AMRAAM going to lock up how far on G5 stealth?
View Quote

All Stealth aircraft have holes. The F-35 has a notable one to the rear.

That was a design choice, to minimize cost, but it's there, and not pointing it at an enemy should be a high point in the F-35 training syllabus.

As I said in my post... they probably picked F-15E's because they have good radars - they'll see mistakes like that that an F-16 or F-15C might miss.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That was a design choice, to minimize cost, but it's there, and not pointing it at an enemy should be a high point in the F-35 training syllabus.

As I said in my post... they probably picked F-15E's because they have good radars - they'll see mistakes like that that an F-16 or F-15C might miss.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What radar do you want?

AMRAAM going to lock up how far on G5 stealth?

Understood.

While JSF might have a hole in the stealth both aircraft are using the same AMRAAM.

AMRAAM is going to get a firing solution much further away on the Mudhen than the JSF regardless of "hole".

Mudhens cruising around actively emitting with the AGP82 are going to be easy to avoid or easy to engage at will for JSF.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
He laughs until the turbo behind his ass throws a blade at 30,000 feet and he starts losing inches of Hg.  And oil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Jug is flown by Crom himself.  He laughs at your puny jets.

He laughs from his cockpit mountain.

http://www.warbirdregistry.org/p47registry/images/p47-4549192.jpg

He laughs until the turbo behind his ass throws a blade at 30,000 feet and he starts losing inches of Hg.  And oil.

P47!

Your point has been rebutted.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The retardedness in this thread is amazing.

Some of you should ask ratheon for work

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#6]
This is nearly as bad as the f22 having more a/a kills at Northern edge than Misses it could carry.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#8]
The Chinese are going to do to us what we did to the Soviets; make us go broke. With the Soviets we forced them to shatter their economy trying to keep up will our military technology. The Chinese, with a vastly bigger economy, let us develop technology at great cost and then just steal the technology (our technology protection sucks) and then build equipment with 80% of the capability of our stuff for a tenth the cost.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The retardedness in this thread is amazing.

Some of you should ask ratheon for work

View Quote

I would not reckon that Raytheon needs more people who understand that when 2 fighters equipped with the same radar guided missiles do simulated combat the one that is significantly harder to find and lock up wins most of the time.

Just  guess.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

and without knowing how much their hands were tied as 'red air'

the test means nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

The Mudhen is no dog fighter.

and without knowing how much their hands were tied as 'red air'

the test means nothing.

this.

these "tests" are set up to gain a specific outcome.

sometimes that outcome is training.  sometimes that outcome is justifying the unjustifiable.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]
This is from two months ago;

Link

During a mock deployment at Mountain Home Air Force Base in Idaho, just one of the $100 million Lockheed Martin F-35s was able to boot its software successfully and get itself airborne during an exercise designed to test the readiness of the F-35, FlightGlobal reports. Nonetheless, the Air Force plans to declare its F-35s combat-ready later this year.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Link

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link

During a mock deployment at Mountain Home Air Force Base in Idaho, just one of the $100 million Lockheed Martin F-35s was able to boot its software successfully and get itself airborne during an exercise designed to test the readiness of the F-35, FlightGlobal reports. Nonetheless, the Air Force plans to declare its F-35s combat-ready later this year.

And what were the circumstances?  Maybe these were re-test points for a some subsystem modifications based on previous testing?  It's not unheard of to do unique sw loads on OT jets.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Chinese are going to do to us what we did to the Soviets; make us go broke. With the Soviets we forced them to shatter their economy trying to keep up will our military technology. The Chinese, with a vastly bigger economy, let us develop technology at great cost and then just steal the technology (our technology protection sucks) and then build equipment with 80% of the capability of our stuff for a tenth the cost.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Key word; simulated.

I doubt the fucker even flew for this engagement.

All paper racing and reported as real.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Storen alien tech    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's almost like its next level stuff.

The F35 is closer to alien tech than most can imagine.

So I suppose that means China's J-31 has alien tech too.

Storen alien tech    

That's "storen arien tech" you raciss!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.

At worst, the two economies are roughly equal in size.   More realistically, it will be at least ~15 years before China passes the US....provided the Chinese don't crater their own economy in the meantime.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-29/china-stumbles-in-race-to-pass-u-s-as-world-s-biggest-economy

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Storen alien tech    

It doesn't come naturally to me, I promise to try harder!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No.

At worst, the two economies are roughly equal in size.   More realistically, it will be at least ~15 years before China passes the US....provided the Chinese don't crater their own economy in the meantime.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-29/china-stumbles-in-race-to-pass-u-s-as-world-s-biggest-economy

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Comprehension is key.  He was comparing USSR to PRC.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:24:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Great, it's finally doing things it was supposed to be doing eight years and $163 billion ago
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

The problem is not in comprehension so much as it is with muddled sentence structure.

As constructed, "with a vastly bigger economy", could refer either to the size of the Chinese economy versus that of the US economy or to the size of the current Chinese economy versus the size of the economy of the USSR at any point during the Cold War.

Being GD, I automatically assumed he was a moron and was simply ig'nant.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

what's a Mudhen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

what's a Mudhen

Dirty version of a Henway.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:33:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but it's illegal alien tech.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#24]
It's not like they were going to say the much cheaper and older F-15 beat ass. It wouldn't look good for future acquisitions.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Great, it's finally doing things it was supposed to be doing eight years and $163 billion ago
View Quote

Original IOC was 2006, I saw that reference recently.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:04:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Can it fly with the bomb bay doors closed now?  In the rain?  Near lightning?  At temps above 90 degrees?  With the same fuel from the same fuel truck parked in the sun that could fuel an F-15?

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:37:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can it fly with the bomb bay doors closed now?  In the rain?  Near lightning?  At temps above 90 degrees?  With the same fuel from the same fuel truck parked in the sun that could fuel an F-15?

View Quote

AKs can run without lube. ARs are overpriced and can't run without lube.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:59:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who wants a plane that can fly in the rain or when It is above 90 degrees.  Flying with the bay doors open is great for stealth.  

There will always be plenty of special fuel trucks that can park in an air conditioned hanger to cool the fuel to cool the computers that make all the magic gadgets work.  

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:12:21 AM EDT
[#29]
But does it's gun work yet?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:11:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Clearly.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Rumors of F22 line restarting.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#32]
I was able to see a "full" demo from the F-22 last year and it was amazing to watch that jet turn on a dime. From the maneuvers I witnessed, I cannot imagine any air force in the world being able to take the F-22 on. That said, I saw the F-35 in Ocean City last weekend and it was the first official air show for them. I was expecting big things but instead we were limited to large oval race track patterns for the entire demo 15 minute demo. I can only assume the fighter either is not cleared yet for the same type of show the 22 gave last year or they want to keep its true capabilities quiet for as long as possible?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol.

The US economy is over twice the size of China's by any measure you care to use.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#34]
The F22 was 15-1 against the F-15 at it's first Red Flag and the only loss was when the F22 pilot, deliberately jumped in between two F-15's.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:08:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

i was going to say the same thing but decided to google for fun

"Air Superiority

The F-15E Strike Eagle is a twin-engine, all weather fighter that is the backbone for the Air Force’s air superiority. Its proven design is undefeated in air-to-air combat, with more than 100 aerial combat victories."

http://www.boeing.com/defense/f-15-strike-eagle/

so it apparently does pretty well in the fighter roll.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

i was going to say the same thing but decided to google for fun

"Air Superiority

The F-15E Strike Eagle is a twin-engine, all weather fighter that is the backbone for the Air Force’s air superiority. Its proven design is undefeated in air-to-air combat, with more than 100 aerial combat victories."

http://www.boeing.com/defense/f-15-strike-eagle/

so it apparently does pretty well in the fighter roll.

Still the sexiest MFer ever built!
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Mudhen took out a helo, didn't it?!?
View Quote

My previous (many years ago)  Commander did.  It was the only air to air kill with a bomb for mud hen. helo was taking off when it hit.  The aircraft is marked and is at the Shady J.   I also would like to see how much the dark grey hands were tied.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:23:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

And build 10x more of it.   They have undoubtedly crunched the numbers.   They don't need to be cutting edge, just close enough to overwhelm with numbers. Their engineering continues to improve as well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Who wants a plane that can fly in the rain or when It is above 90 degrees.  Flying with the bay doors open is great for stealth.  

There will always be plenty of special fuel trucks that can park in an air conditioned hanger to cool the fuel to cool the computers that make all the magic gadgets work.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I was able to see a "full" demo from the F-22 last year and it was amazing to watch that jet turn on a dime. From the maneuvers I witnessed, I cannot imagine any air force in the world being able to take the F-22 on. That said, I saw the F-35 in Ocean City last weekend and it was the first official air show for them. I was expecting big things but instead we were limited to large oval race track patterns for the entire demo 15 minute demo. I can only assume the fighter either is not cleared yet for the same type of show the 22 gave last year or they want to keep its true capabilities quiet for as long as possible?
View Quote

Much of the F-22 airshow demonstration stemmed from maneuver capabilities the pilots discovered during flight testing, much of which isn't deliberately useful in combat.  A lot of the more impressive stuff evolved from departure testing and things of that nature rather than specific tactics, but nonetheless useful to familiarize pilots with the operational bounds of the aircraft.  Controllability of the backwards corkscrew was so thorough at higher altitudes that the pilots fought hard to get approval to perform that maneuver right off the deck at shows.  Any F-22 qualified pilot can perform that maneuver.

The thrust vectoring of the F-22 affords an extra, very powerful moment for control of the aircraft that enables a pilot to comfortably control the aircraft in unusual attitudes at very low altitudes.  The F-35 is very departure resistant, and has an amazing degree of control in unusual attitudes, but without thrust vectoring, doesn't have the degree of control to perform these things at air show altitudes.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm not surprised that the 35 might be a better dog fighter than the F15C. I think that people got pissed though when claims were made about it being a better dog fighter than the Eagle AND better at CAS than the A-10. I'm glad that ship sailed.

I watched Flight of the Intruder on Netflix so I'm basically a expert on the subject.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

what's a Mudhen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

what's a Mudhen

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#46]
To review.

1) No actual dog fight occurred in the air.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
To review.

1) No actual dog fight occurred in the air.

View Quote

Keep on editing ...

This wasn't some computer sim as you stated.

The F-15Es were in the air to find and engage the F-35s.  We don't know what the bounds were of the testing, we don't know if the F-15s were able/unable to locate and engage, we don't know if the F-35s engaged first, or on egress, etc, but it looks like F-15s had losses and the F-35s didn't.  They may not have been in a dog fight context, but it's a sound practice to avoid a merge - it doesn't matter what you are flying - don't merge if you don't have to.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Mudhen carries a TGP/IRST, so it is likely a bigger threat to a VLO jet like the F-35 than the Eagle is.  It also carries a crew of two which may provide another advantage towards situational awareness when fighting a stealthy opponent.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

An E is not similar to an F-15C or D except in appearance.  An F-15C with AESA RADAR is a different story in a fight with an F-35, I expect something along the lines of clubbing baby seals.

Like Mach said, all this depends on the rules of the game during that training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
F-15E Strike Eagles unable to shoot down the F-35s in 8 dogfights during simulated deployment

"0 losses in 8 dogfights against F-15E Red Air”
The U.S. Air Force F-35A fleet continues to work to declare the Lightning II IOC (initial operational capability) scheduled in the August – December timeframe.

Among the activities carried out in the past weeks, a simulated deployment provided important feedbacks about the goal of demonstrating the F-35’s ability to "penetrate areas with developed air defenses, provide close air support to ground troops and be readily deployable to conflict theaters.”

Seven F-35s deployed from Hill Air Force Base, Utah, to  Mountain Home AFB, Idaho, to carry out a series of operational tests which involved local-based 4th Generation F-15E Strike Eagles belonging to the 366th Fighter Wing.

In a Q&A posted on the USAF website, Col. David Chace, the F-35 systems management office chief and lead for F-35 operational requirements at ACC, provided some insights about the activities carried out during the second simulated deployment to Mountain Home (the first was in February this year):

"The F-35 recently deployed from Hill to Mountain Home where crews, maintenance and support personnel conducted a number of missions. During that deployment, crews attained a 100 percent sortie generation rate with 88 of 88 planned sorties and a 94 percent hit rate with 15 of 16 bombs on target.
These numbers provide a positive indication of where we are when it comes to stability and component performance.”

Sounds like the F-35 is improving I am guessing still a ways away from war ready however.
I'm curious as to how much of the ability an A2A loaded C-model has, does a Strike Eagle possess?  

One assumes it shares the lack of ability to track and kill 5 gen stealth.

The open source answer is that Mud Hens are Cs with and extra dude in the cockpit, more gas, and more bombs. Slicked up they should be comparable with an added set of eyes to the C in A to A.

An E is not similar to an F-15C or D except in appearance.  An F-15C with AESA RADAR is a different story in a fight with an F-35, I expect something along the lines of clubbing baby seals.

Like Mach said, all this depends on the rules of the game during that training.

What radar carried in Cs is better than the Mudhen's APG 82?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My previous (many years ago)  Commander did.  It was the only air to air kill with a bomb for mud hen. helo was taking off when it hit.  The aircraft is marked and is at the Shady J.   I also would like to see how much the dark grey hands were tied.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Mudhen took out a helo, didn't it?!?

When I left the 333rd in 2000 Lt Col Bakke was my squadron commander.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top