Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/28/2016 7:18:49 PM EDT
F-15E Strike Eagles unable to shoot down the F-35s in 8 dogfights during simulated deployment

“0 losses in 8 dogfights against F-15E Red Air”
The U.S. Air Force F-35A fleet continues to work to declare the Lightning II IOC (initial operational capability) scheduled in the August – December timeframe.

Among the activities carried out in the past weeks, a simulated deployment provided important feedbacks about the goal of demonstrating the F-35’s ability to “penetrate areas with developed air defenses, provide close air support to ground troops and be readily deployable to conflict theaters.”

Seven F-35s deployed from Hill Air Force Base, Utah, to  Mountain Home AFB, Idaho, to carry out a series of operational tests which involved local-based 4th Generation F-15E Strike Eagles belonging to the 366th Fighter Wing.

In a Q&A posted on the USAF website, Col. David Chace, the F-35 systems management office chief and lead for F-35 operational requirements at ACC, provided some insights about the activities carried out during the second simulated deployment to Mountain Home (the first was in February this year):

“The F-35 recently deployed from Hill to Mountain Home where crews, maintenance and support personnel conducted a number of missions. During that deployment, crews attained a 100 percent sortie generation rate with 88 of 88 planned sorties and a 94 percent hit rate with 15 of 16 bombs on target.
These numbers provide a positive indication of where we are when it comes to stability and component performance.”
View Quote

Sounds like the F-35 is improving I am guessing still a ways away from war ready however.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

F-15E Strike Eagles unable to shoot down the F-35s in 8 dogfights during simulated deployment

"0 losses in 8 dogfights against F-15E Red Air”

The U.S. Air Force F-35A fleet continues to work to declare the Lightning II IOC (initial operational capability) scheduled in the August – December timeframe.

Among the activities carried out in the past weeks, a simulated deployment provided important feedbacks about the goal of demonstrating the F-35’s ability to "penetrate areas with developed air defenses, provide close air support to ground troops and be readily deployable to conflict theaters.”

Seven F-35s deployed from Hill Air Force Base, Utah, to  Mountain Home AFB, Idaho, to carry out a series of operational tests which involved local-based 4th Generation F-15E Strike Eagles belonging to the 366th Fighter Wing.

In a Q&A posted on the USAF website, Col. David Chace, the F-35 systems management office chief and lead for F-35 operational requirements at ACC, provided some insights about the activities carried out during the second simulated deployment to Mountain Home (the first was in February this year):

"The F-35 recently deployed from Hill to Mountain Home where crews, maintenance and support personnel conducted a number of missions. During that deployment, crews attained a 100 percent sortie generation rate with 88 of 88 planned sorties and a 94 percent hit rate with 15 of 16 bombs on target.

These numbers provide a positive indication of where we are when it comes to stability and component performance.”
View Quote

Sounds like the F-35 is improving I am guessing still a ways away from war ready however.
View Quote
I'm curious as to how much of the ability an A2A loaded C-model has, does a Strike Eagle possess?

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It's almost like its next level stuff.

The F35 is closer to alien tech than most can imagine.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm curious as to how much of the ability an A2A loaded C-model has, does a Strike Eagle possess?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Among the activities carried out in the past weeks, a simulated deployment provided important feedbacks about the goal of demonstrating the F-35’s ability to "penetrate areas with developed air defenses, provide close air support to ground troops and be readily deployable to conflict theaters.”

"The F-35 recently deployed from Hill to Mountain Home where crews, maintenance and support personnel conducted a number of missions. During that deployment, crews attained a 100 percent sortie generation rate with 88 of 88 planned sorties and a 94 percent hit rate with 15 of 16 bombs on target.

OODA loop and shit yo.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I would hope so.

The Mudhen is no dog fighter.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would hope so.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#6]
<------<smirking> at all F35 haters.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would hope so.

View Quote

and without knowing how much their hands were tied as 'red air'

the test means nothing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I would hope so.

View Quote
Would it still be better then most of the worlds fighters?

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

'Murica.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One assumes it shares the lack of ability to track and kill 5 gen stealth.

The open source answer is that Mud Hens are Cs with and extra dude in the cockpit, more gas, and more bombs. Slicked up they should be comparable with an added set of eyes to the C in A to A.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#11]
how about against an f22 or an f16?

lol at the article "(noticing also the “pew pew pew” in the chart….) have suggested the JSFs achieved stunning 8:0 kill rate against the Strike Eagle."
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#12]
The Mudhen took out a helo, didn't it?!?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would hope so.

View Quote

How is it with an A2A loadout vs. a similarly configured C?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would hope so.

View Quote

i was going to say the same thing but decided to google for fun

"Air Superiority

The F-15E Strike Eagle is a twin-engine, all weather fighter that is the backbone for the Air Force’s air superiority. Its proven design is undefeated in air-to-air combat, with more than 100 aerial combat victories."

http://www.boeing.com/defense/f-15-strike-eagle/

so it apparently does pretty well in the fighter roll.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would hope so.

View Quote

what's a Mudhen
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

lol at the article "(noticing also the "pew pew pew” in the chart….) have suggested the JSFs achieved stunning 8:0 kill rate against the Strike Eagle."
View Quote

I read an interview with a high hour F-22 pilot who said they were getting destroyed by F-35 pilots barely out of training.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I read an interview with a high hour F-22 pilot who said they were getting destroyed by F-35 pilots barely out of training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol at the article "(noticing also the "pew pew pew” in the chart….) have suggested the JSFs achieved stunning 8:0 kill rate against the Strike Eagle."

sweet i hope we build a couple thousand of the things then
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

"Air Superiority

The F-15E Strike Eagle is a twin-engine, all weather fighter that is the backbone for the Air Force’s air superiority. Its proven design is undefeated in air-to-air combat, with more than 100 aerial combat victories."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

"Air Superiority

The E does not have 100 aerial victories.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

what's a Mudhen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

what's a Mudhen

F-15E....Strike Eagle
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

So I suppose that means China's J-31 has alien tech too.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#21]
The F-15C was the last purpose built air-to-air fighter in the F-15 line.  The F-15E was a redesign to turn an F-15 into a bomb truck.  The added weight and electronics was not to make the F-15 a better air-to-air fighter.  There was an experimental F-15 with movable canards demonstrated to the Air Force that gave the F-15 a real tight turn radius at low speed (<400 knots).

In other words, F-15E compared to an F-35 is toned down 1970's technology verses overpriced 2000's technology.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Good.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

what's a Mudhen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

what's a Mudhen

its the heavy f15 outfitted with extra conformal fuel tanks, lots of bombs, and bombing avionics.  oh and an extra person too. with all their extra cockpit and gear.  so naturally its a very fast nimble dogfighter /sarcams

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

the test means nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

the test means nothing.

Exactly.  Try it against the F-15Cs with v3 radar.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Storen alien tech    
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

"Air Superiority

well go sue boeing for false advertising then
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

"Air Superiority

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

"Air Superiority

Whoever wrote that article for Boeing is an idiot.

The F15C is all of that, not the F15E and the picture on the article is an F15C.

The F15E is a bomb dropper optimized to drop bombs and has a self defense capability. It has never done Air Superiority and never will.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on how much they donated to the Clinton foundation.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:43:07 PM EDT
[#29]
That's good. I'd hope it's better if we put that money $$ into it.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was made by brazing mild steel to aluminum with lead  or something equivalent. We are ahead, and anyone that wants to see America be the best will support continued advances. Unless micE is clouding their vision.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The F15C is all of that, not the F15E and the picture on the article is an F15C.

The F15E is a bomb dropper optimized to drop bombs and has a self defense capability. It has never done Air Superiority and never will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

"Air Superiority

that's what i thought
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

"Air Superiority

Have at it, I'm kinda busy
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#33]
I wish I had 8 AMRAAMs like the eagle
I'd be having so much fun it'd be illegal
Like a guy who ain't been laid for months
I'd shoot those f**kers all at once
I wish I had 8 AMRAAMs like the eagle

I wish I had the gas just like a mudhen
To hang around that long is just a sin
And while you RTB and scoff
I'm doing loops and jackin' off
I wish I had the gas just like a mudhen
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#34]
did this operation include the fancy helmet, or is it still not operational yet
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

the test means nothing.

AN/APG 63 V3 can find G5 stealth? Kewl.

Gonna get loved tenderly while emitting all that active radar.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#36]
The Jug is flown by Crom himself.  He laughs at your puny jets.

He laughs from his cockpit mountain.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://www.warbirdregistry.org/p47registry/images/p47-4549192.jpg

View Quote

He laughs until the turbo behind his ass throws a blade at 30,000 feet and he starts losing inches of Hg.  And oil.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He laughs until the turbo behind his ass throws a blade at 30,000 feet and he starts losing inches of Hg.  And oil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.warbirdregistry.org/p47registry/images/p47-4549192.jpg

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

the test means nothing.

A piece of shit "5th gen" that doesn't have all aspect radar LO, you might be surprised.  F-22s kill 4th gen fighters like clubbing baby seals too, I'd like to see raptor vs f-turdy-five with no unbalanced ROEs.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That was made by brazing mild steel to aluminum with lead  or something equivalent. We are ahead, and anyone that wants to see America be the best will support continued advances. Unless micE is clouding their vision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take it easy. I don't think you'll find a soul on this forum who isn't for furthering the advancement of Americas technological superiority. With that being said I think they are a lot closer than we like to believe. Even if they aren't right on our ass they are much closer than they were in the past.

The F35 is an easy target for sarcasm because it's behind schedule and over budget. I hope to god the program is immensely successful and we build thousands of them. I'd hate to see it have the same fate as the Raptor.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

which radar did they use???????????????????????????????????

propogana
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

bullshit
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#43]
I will find out what the "test" were tommorow.

I would also like to know how the fuck they BFM'd with only 5gs?

ETAi bet they were fighting 15Es as  red air, we SIMULATE red air capes, not fight how we fight

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would hope so.

Considering some countries have F16s with modern avionics, probably no.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

A piece of shit "5th gen" that doesn't have all aspect radar LO, you might be surprised.  F-22s kill 4th gen fighters like clubbing baby seals too, I'd like to see raptor vs f-turdy-five with no unbalanced ROEs.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

the test means nothing.

Raptor VS F35 is relevant how?

F35 and Mudhen or C are using the same AMRAAM. Not to hard to figure out who gets the lock first.

More Raptors was of course the smart move but we didn't get the smart move.

As an outsider looking in I sure hope JSF lives up to it's billing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

propogana
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

propogana

What radar do you want?

AMRAAM going to lock up how far on G5 stealth?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#47]
We're too close for missiles.  I'm switching to the gun.  <Windows Critical Stop>.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd like to see raptor vs f-turdy-five with no unbalanced ROEs.  
View Quote

I endorse this message.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
<------<smirking> at all F35 haters.
View Quote

Get it combat ready and then you can smirk.  Right now, it's a boondoggle.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hope so.

the test means nothing.

Cleaned up, the F-15E is no slouch, though not the C.

There are very few APG-63v3-equipped F-15C's running around, that upgrade has been slow-rolled.

However, there are a ton of APG-82-equipped F-15E's. The APG-82 was originally the APG-63v4, using the front end of the v3 with the back end of the APG-79. It's a better radar in most respects than the v3, and a much better radar than the v1 that's on most of the F-15 fleet.

That's probably why they picked a Mudhen unit - a lot of fighting a stealthy aircraft is manuevering it in such a way so as not to give away it's stealth advantage (and the F-35 has a notable stealth hole to the rear). A 82-equipped Mudhen will see things that a 63v1-equipped C won't.

Really, a well handled F-35 should club a non-stealthy fighter like a baby seal. Yeah, it's no F-22 - in a straight visual fight, an F-15 should tear apart an F-35, while it still is at a big disadvantage against an F-22. But none of that matters if the F-35 pilot knows where you are, and you don't know where they are. Then you find out where they are when you get a missile launch warning... and then it's likely too late.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top