Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Spent 3 days in downtown Denver last summer.  The streets smelled like weed all day long.  The police presence was notably reduced from a few years previous, and the number of obviously mentally-ill/whacked-out people roaming the streets was MUCH higher.  I support their right to smoke dope, and I'll miss the scenery, but I won't go back.  SLC scratches my big city itch without being around nutjobs and dopers.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Have you ever smelled one? That'll make you care......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With regards to seeing people using weed and encountering people talking about weed, there is literally no difference between here and any other place I've lived. Which is to say, it's nearly invisible. Craft beer? That's a different story.

(I'm in the south Denver suburbs)

Sure, you *see* weed shops in some places, but why would I care?

Lol.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Boo hoo.  Freedom means putting up with some inconveniences now and again.  Delete the email and move on.
View Quote

Fuck that! This is where we come to be pissed! I am fucking pissed that you aren't as pissed as me. What the fuck is wrong with you that are trying not to be pissed?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#4]
People have as much of a right to be annoyed as they do to smoke weed. I couldn't care less if weed was legal, just don't be obnoxious when someone says they don't agree with it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, regardless of whether or not they "trigger" others.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought Colorado closed the "gun show loophole" which makes it illegal to sell your gun even to family members without getting the FBI background check?
When you sell the gun let the guy fill out the form if you really want a bong that bad
He has to state whether or not he's a user of a controlled substance.
While glass bongs got Tommy Chong in trouble, Porsche store in Charlotte, NC used to sell an aluminum hookah.
If your guy made alluminum bongs it would be a fair deal, glass bongs are only for one thing
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:35:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With regards to seeing people using weed and encountering people talking about weed, there is literally no difference between here and any other place I've lived. Which is to say, it's nearly invisible. Craft beer? That's a different story.

Ban manure spreaders and paper factories. For the children
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:42:49 AM EDT
[#7]
meh. freedom means people get annoyed.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:42:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody complaining about pot smell needs to visit fucking Greeley to learn what true stink is.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:44:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted: I've been LE for 8 years. Federal for the last 3...
View Quote

That explains it...

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:59:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You mean a skilled tradesman offered you a legal product in exchange for a legal product. Yep, what has this world come to?
View Quote

This is my stance and I unfortunately live in the middle of weed central.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:07:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Potheads are soft in the mind. Fuck em'.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How many people here would meet someone for a FTF transaction involving a firearm where at least partial payment was weed and paraphernalia?  No thanks.
View Quote

I'd say at least %87 are the ones offering the weed and paraphernalia.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One of the most irritating things about it isn't really the gun thing... Offering weed for guns is ridiculous in itself, but it's EVERYTHING.

Try to sell anything on Craigslist or on a Facebook group and all you get offered is weed or bongs.

I listed a bunch of brand new 5.11 boots that I can't wear... ZERO cash offers... 3 weed offers and 2 bong offers...
View Quote

What size and color are the 5.11 boots? I'm a LEO and my duty boots are coming apart at the seems, and my department doesn't have the funds right now to buy new ones
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:20:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I LOL at OPs horrible predicament.  Pretty much just said he hates freedom.
View Quote

reading comp is for faggots right?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I mean, I'm a pretty constant defender of legalizing weed, but I gotta agree, potheads can be super annoying.

I love CO and am truly interested in moving there, but I already know that's going to be a trial of my patience.
View Quote

That's the whole problem I have with weed. Honestly, I don't give a rat's ass how much weed you smoke after you get off work. What you do when you're at home is up to you.  It's the whole #burn420, weed air freshener, hemp clothes, ect, that I can't stand. I can drink a lot of whisky but believe it or not, my life doesn't revolve around it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:55:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I hate reefer heads
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:03:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What size and color are the 5.11 boots? I'm a LEO and my duty boots are coming apart at the seems, and my department doesn't have the funds right now to buy new ones
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of the most irritating things about it isn't really the gun thing... Offering weed for guns is ridiculous in itself, but it's EVERYTHING.

Try to sell anything on Craigslist or on a Facebook group and all you get offered is weed or bongs.

I listed a bunch of brand new 5.11 boots that I can't wear... ZERO cash offers... 3 weed offers and 2 bong offers...

I have one pair of 8" Side zip, ATAC Shield, Size 12, black... And 2 pairs of the lower cut 6" ones...

https://www.amazon.com/5-11-SHIELD-Side-Tactical-Safety/dp/B007EK1RM4
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 6:39:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's from a longer video where their human comes home after a trip.
View Quote

Nice little doggies!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#20]
11.e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Y/N
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#21]
I took my family from the SLC area to Denver last weekend to check out the Zoo and the museum.  We stayed downtown in the Westin Denver.  

There was a Pride Parade scheduled for Sunday along with some comic convention going on.  The scene and sights were unbelievable.

I won't forget the stagnant smell of mj smoke, and the crazy homeless people.  There were 2 occasions where a wondering, yelling cursive & babbling homeless persons got closer than I'd have like.

I don't think i'll be going back.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Legally you can't sell to him anyway as he just admitted to being a prohibited person.
View Quote

You can't legally FTF in CO in any case.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Spent 3 days in downtown Denver last summer.  The streets smelled like weed all day long.  The police presence was notably reduced from a few years previous, and the number of obviously mentally-ill/whacked-out people roaming the streets was MUCH higher.  I support their right to smoke dope, and I'll miss the scenery, but I won't go back.  SLC scratches my big city itch without being around nutjobs and dopers.
View Quote

I don't even believe you. I was there like a month ago. The streets were fine. I rarely caught any odor of weed, and there weren't whacked out people just roaming streets. You're being dramatic.

And I think we all know why. In absence of the doomsayers predictions coming true and encountering all these awful things, you've just made them up.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't even believe you. I was there like a month ago. The streets were fine. I rarely caught any odor of weed, and there weren't whacked out people just roaming streets. You're being dramatic.

And I think we all know why. In absence of the doomsayers predictions coming true and encountering all these awful things, you've just made them up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I live in the area, and I go downtown 3-5x a week. I never smell weed, and there are not a bunch of "obviously mentally-ill/whacked-out people roaming the streets" here.

Now I will say this: I was a huge proponent of legalizing MJ, and still am on the federal level. It's silly that it's illegal, and CO and WA have proven that the "blood will run in the streets" horseshit that many like to propagate (hey...does that sound familiar to any of you?) is hogwash at best. However, I hate that we were the first state to do it now. It has brought a bunch of people into CO who came solely for the weed, and that's a problem. I thought that wasn't going to happen, and even argued with people about it and I was wrong. It happened, and it will have an impact in CO for years to come. If it were legalized everywhere as it should be, this problem would be mitigated I think. Hopefully the incredible increase in cost of living we've seen in the past few years starts to keep some folks out. I already personally know some people who moved here after legalization that are leaving because they can't afford it here.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I live an hour down the street and I go there a lot more now that my gf flies in to visit and wants to go to the shows and restaurants and museums and shit.

The only place I've smelled weed in public so far was when I flew out to see her in SF, on Union Square.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
11.e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Y/N
View Quote

Which is funny because the way that is worded you can add cigarette smokers, coffee and booze drinkers to that list..
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Legally you can't sell to him anyway as he just admitted to being a prohibited person.
View Quote

This...probably working off some time too...
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Which is funny because the way that is worded you can add cigarette smokers, coffee and booze drinkers to that list..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define "any other controlled substance".
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Man that would harsh his mello quick...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that. I've been LE for 8 years. Federal for the last 3... I didn't tell him that, but should have....

Man that would harsh his mello quick...

lol. Yes it would.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it lawful to use cigarettes, coffee and booze?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#32]
More tax money for schools/anti-drug programs.

Less time wasted by law enforcement.

Less money wasted in court on minor drug charges.

Less money wastes housing criminals in prison on minor drug charges.

Which leads to fewer individuals who become worse criminals after their prison stay.

Who gives a fuck that you have to deal with one guy offering glass in trade? Fucking Nancy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Making a bong classifies someone as prohibited?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that. I've been LE for 8 years. Federal for the last 3... I didn't tell him that, but should have....

Making a bong classifies someone as prohibited?

admitting this is the one he uses and it hits hard....
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Pretty much this. I wonder if OP would bitch about someone offering up a homebrew beer setup in the same manner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean a skilled tradesman offered you a legal product in exchange for a legal product. Yep, what has this world come to?

Pretty much this. I wonder if OP would bitch about someone offering up a homebrew beer setup in the same manner.

did you bother to read the entire post?

i.e.: this is the one I use and it hits hard.  <- this is admitting (more or less) to smoking pot - which still is a disqualified at the federal level - where the ATF lives.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

P West?

That my friend, is weed central.
Tommy Chong owns a shop there
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
ITT, the statists out themselves.  It's glorious.
View Quote

no - you did't read or comprehend.

the OP is in Law Enforcement. knowingly, or have a reasonable belief, that he would be breaking the law would cost him his career or worse.

I don't care if you want to smoke pot. I don't care for it or tobacco and would hope you would not do either around me.

however, the ATF will love you tenderly - it is still illegal at the federal level.

nothing statist about anything.

fix the laws and everyone will be happy.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

the OP is in Law Enforcement. knowingly, or have a reasonable belief, that he would be breaking the law would cost him his career or worse.

I don't care if you want to smoke pot. I don't care for it or tobacco and would hope you would not do either around me.

however, the ATF will love you tenderly - it is still illegal at the federal level.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ITT, the statists out themselves.  It's glorious.

No they won't. No one cares.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yep.

I live in the area, and I go downtown 3-5x a week. I never smell weed, and there are not a bunch of "obviously mentally-ill/whacked-out people roaming the streets" here.

Now I will say this: I was a huge proponent of legalizing MJ, and still am on the federal level. It's silly that it's illegal, and CO and WA have proven that the "blood will run in the streets" horseshit that many like to propagate (hey...does that sound familiar to any of you?) is hogwash at best. However, I hate that we were the first state to do it now. It has brought a bunch of people into CO who came solely for the weed, and that's a problem. I thought that wasn't going to happen, and even argued with people about it and I was wrong. It happened, and it will have an impact in CO for years to come. If it were legalized everywhere as it should be, this problem would be mitigated I think. Hopefully the incredible increase in cost of living we've seen in the past few years starts to keep some folks out. I already personally know some people who moved here after legalization that are leaving because they can't afford it here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

If you don't notice it, you don't spend much time on Cap Hill...
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Did someone post stoplikingwhatidont.jpg yet?

OP posts a gun for an inflated asking price and gets mad when someone offers him something he doesn't like. Comes here for more attention.

Also, this thread belongs in EE.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
More tax money for schools/anti-drug programs.

Less time wasted by law enforcement.

Less money wasted in court on minor drug charges.

Less money wastes housing criminals in prison on minor drug charges.

Which leads to fewer individuals who become worse criminals after their prison stay.

Who gives a fuck that you have to deal with one guy offering glass in trade? Fucking Nancy.
View Quote

Tell that to the local sheriff departments who spend all their time shutting down high volume illegal grows.
People are moving here from other states, buying houses and gutting them and growing shit in them, then
running the drugs back to their home state. There have been 5 huge busts in the last month here, and they
were from Florida, Ohio, Illinois.

Also, ask them about the increase in Heroin trafficking and overdoses. The gang shootings and arrests have
gone full retard here. Drug dealers pushing harder drugs with the loss of weed profits.

My town went from arm-pit to full blown shit hole in 3 years.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

i.e.: this is the one I use and it hits hard.  <- this is admitting (more or less) to smoking pot - which still is a disqualified at the federal level - where the ATF lives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you're not a lawyer.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I have a bunch of friends that live on Cap Hill and I still never really notice it. Certainly no more than before legalization.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Fucking pot heads I hate how they rub it in your face now that it's "legal" in a couple states. Dumb fuck knows it's illegal federally, and still tries to buy guns. Wait until the Feds come and bust all the pot heads In Colorado who own guns, they won't be so "chillaxed" about their pot use then!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

You two obviously lack the situational awareness to be a true alpha sheepdog.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Too all you naysayers and free trade fools, see the part in red.
Op is correct, also once again...

...Reading is FUNDAMENTAL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Too all you naysayers and free trade fools, see the part in red.

Quoted:

Trying, but not really trying, to sell or trade a Battle Flag Colt Competition AR... One of those, if it goes for my price, great, if not, oh well.

I tossed it up on one of the last remaining Buy/Sell/Trade groups on the ol' Facebook.

I got one offer/message so far... Dude started the discussion with, "Hey man, totally interested in that sick AR. I'm a glass blower and would gladly trade some of my work for it. I also have a 9MM STI 1911 I'd trade with a piece of my work."   With his first message he produced 5 pictures of the most ridiculous bongs I have ever seen.  With the last one he included, "This is the one I use. It hits hard. I could make another one just like it if you're interested."

I hate that Colorado has gone down this path....

Op is correct, also once again...

...Reading is FUNDAMENTAL.

Fuck the federal government and their bullshit rules.

Just sayin.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I tried it once and almost died.

I was told at the hospital that if I had ingested just ONE MORE marijuana I'd have been a goner.

Pot needles, not even once.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#47]
im waiting for the gov to start charging people and seizing firearms over their prescriptions.
until its legal at a federal level that threat will always be there.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sign in shop, "All products are for tobacco use ONLY!"
Want to try again?  
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Eh, the legalization thing hasn't really affected me much. It's not a group I'm part of, so I really haven't noticed a difference. I still smell pot in the same areas that I always have. The most annoying thing for me are all the jokes people make when they learn I'm from Colorado when I travel.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Want to try again?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Want to try again?  

look up 3 posts.....
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top