Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
With regards to seeing people using weed and encountering people talking about weed, there is literally no difference between here and any other place I've lived. Which is to say, it's nearly invisible. Craft beer? That's a different story.

(I'm in the south Denver suburbs)

Sure, you *see* weed shops in some places, but why would I care?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With regards to seeing people using weed and encountering people talking about weed, there is literally no difference between here and any other place I've lived. Which is to say, it's nearly invisible. Craft beer? That's a different story.

View Quote

Have you ever smelled one? That'll make you care......
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No more than an Indian dude or a typical gun show attendee. Or any pack-a-day smoker for that matter.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Since when does alcohol make a person prohibited from buying a firearm?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean a skilled tradesman offered you a legal product in exchange for a legal product. Yep, what has this world come to?

I can see that side of it and appreciate it. But I'm not one to mix drugs and guns....

Do you drink? If I offered you a beautiful hand-blown crystal liquor decanter and glasses would you have thought anything of it, or would you have just politely declined?

Since when does alcohol make a person prohibited from buying a firearm?

There was a time in the 20s and 30s when that would have been a thing thanks to the ancestors of the idiot prohibitionists we're saddled with today.

It's a stupid fucking plant, and I'm sick of losing shit I care about (like 30 round magazines) in a futile and asinine effort to fuck with people who enjoy it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I smoke a pipe on occasion. I, or anyone Ive ever talked to don't refer to a tobacco pipe as "hitting hard".

Your screen name is fitting.

I think the war on drugs should be ended and we should legalize all drugs. Untill then the OP would be in trouble for selling to the glass blower. Dont be so dense
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too all you naysayers and free trade fools, see the part in red.

Quoted:
Trying, but not really trying, to sell or trade a Battle Flag Colt Competition AR... One of those, if it goes for my price, great, if not, oh well.

I tossed it up on one of the last remaining Buy/Sell/Trade groups on the ol' Facebook.

I got one offer/message so far... Dude started the discussion with, "Hey man, totally interested in that sick AR. I'm a glass blower and would gladly trade some of my work for it. I also have a 9MM STI 1911 I'd trade with a piece of my work."   With his first message he produced 5 pictures of the most ridiculous bongs I have ever seen.  With the last one he included, "This is the one I use. It hits hard. I could make another one just like it if you're interested."

I hate that Colorado has gone down this path....

Op is correct, also once again...

...Reading is FUNDAMENTAL.

So is reading into things.  I missed the part where OP said the guys wrote "I use this for marijuana."

I smoke a pipe on occasion. I, or anyone Ive ever talked to don't refer to a tobacco pipe as "hitting hard".

Your screen name is fitting.

I think the war on drugs should be ended and we should legalize all drugs. Untill then the OP would be in trouble for selling to the glass blower. Dont be so dense

I own several hookahs that I bought in the ME, and depending on the tobacco I use, it can produce some serious clouds and a hell of a buzz.

But again, it's just tobacco....

I have had a LOT of people ask how much weed I can pack into a bowl. They get disappointed when I tell them exactly zero weed gets smoked out of them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fail...it doesnt even sound like you have tried the legalized weed in CO so how can you know you dont like it?

http://pairedinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/17w41cnkwakxigif.gif
View Quote

I'd fucking love it, and just sit around get stoned all day, every day, and not give a shit about anything. So I'm not touching the shit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Trying, but not really trying, to sell or trade a Battle Flag Colt Competition AR... One of those, if it goes for my price, great, if not, oh well.

I tossed it up on one of the last remaining Buy/Sell/Trade groups on the ol' Facebook.

I got one offer/message so far... Dude started the discussion with, "Hey man, totally interested in that sick AR. I'm a glass blower and would gladly trade some of my work for it. I also have a 9MM STI 1911 I'd trade with a piece of my work."   With his first message he produced 5 pictures of the most ridiculous bongs I have ever seen.  With the last one he included, "This is the one I use. It hits hard. I could make another one just like it if you're interested."

He didn't admit to anything illegal. It's not like he actually said what he smokes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I disagree completely. 100% flat out disagree.
I guess things are different in the Greeley/ Northern Colorado area but  Pueblo, Colorado Springs and other mid-state areas are absolutely flooded with pot shops and Pot tourism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brother just bailed from CO after living there for just shy of 20 years, moving to MN for a job.

He lived in Denver, worked for the Vail Resorts - he said that the pot craze has totally ruined the
place, and while he would miss the scenery, he wouldn't be missing the whole pothead mentality.

Sounds like your brother might be the one with the problem, if that's the reason he left.  There is no "whole pothead mentality" or "pot craze".

Those of us who live in this state shake our heads at just how silly that sounds.

Other than
(1) sometimes catching a small whiff of smoke while out in public (which is far less as obnoxious as cigarette smoke), or
(2) seeing a weed store here and there literally every other shop in a strip mall, which really are unobtrusive fucking annoying, or
(3) hearing somenon stop conversation about it from time to time the latest MJ food product, oil, incense or snake oil,

there's nothing that's changed.  Nothing different.  If someone can't handle that, then yeah maybe they shouldn't be here.  Or anywhere in public in a large city for that matter.

I guess things are different in the Greeley/ Northern Colorado area but  Pueblo, Colorado Springs and other mid-state areas are absolutely flooded with pot shops and Pot tourism.

Douglas County and Castle Rock do not allow pot stores.  I lived in Colorado for 17 years, 14 of which were in Castle Rock.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No more than an Indian dude or a typical gun show attendee. Or any pack-a-day smoker for that matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess we now know how the libs must  talk amongst themselves, aghast at seeing an evil gun shop which of course is peddling child killing machines of black death.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Douglas County and Castle Rock do not allow pot stores.  I lived in Colorado for 17 years, 14 of which were in Castle Rock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brother just bailed from CO after living there for just shy of 20 years, moving to MN for a job.

He lived in Denver, worked for the Vail Resorts - he said that the pot craze has totally ruined the
place, and while he would miss the scenery, he wouldn't be missing the whole pothead mentality.

Sounds like your brother might be the one with the problem, if that's the reason he left.  There is no "whole pothead mentality" or "pot craze".

Those of us who live in this state shake our heads at just how silly that sounds.

Other than
(1) sometimes catching a small whiff of smoke while out in public (which is far less as obnoxious as cigarette smoke), or
(2) seeing a weed store here and there literally every other shop in a strip mall, which really are unobtrusive fucking annoying, or
(3) hearing somenon stop conversation about it from time to time the latest MJ food product, oil, incense or snake oil,

there's nothing that's changed.  Nothing different.  If someone can't handle that, then yeah maybe they shouldn't be here.  Or anywhere in public in a large city for that matter.

worth noting that Douglas County has more registered Republicans than any other county in the state
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Other than a dumbass offering to trade unequally I don't have a problem with CO.  I visit for business and don't see it impacting my work or people I work with.  I drink responsibly, ie not to excess, not in front of my kid in an irresponsible way, and not behind the wheel or at work so I don't have a problem with weed.

hell I don't have a problem if they go to cvs and pay cash value for opana, iv of the big D's, or straight up coke and call it a day.  LE would then have time and energy to focus on bigger things.
View Quote

Yup. I couldn't care less what substances adults choose to put in themselves. But the WoD is a cash cow and a power/liberty-grab for LE, courts, and others that won't be easily given-up.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I cant even imagine what its like for a business owner, oh wait I can relate with a 40% failure rate for new employees!

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh, you poor dear. All that icky new freedom around you, all gross and unpleasant.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Surprisingly, this young lady is very laid back about the whole thing. We've known her since she was in diapers and she is about as drama free as it gets.  As long as it's sorta blue it's good to go.

She's also a professional chef  marrying ANOTHER professional chef and will be doing the reception dinner themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll trade you a sz 4 bridesmaid's dress and a pit bull puppy for it.

You are the same size as the wife and she has a wedding to go to in August, is it blue by chance?

It's not, it's white and purple and the bride is going to insist she buy a specific one that needs alterations and dyed to match shoes.

Surprisingly, this young lady is very laid back about the whole thing. We've known her since she was in diapers and she is about as drama free as it gets.  As long as it's sorta blue it's good to go.

She's also a professional chef  marrying ANOTHER professional chef and will be doing the reception dinner themselves.

Dang!
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What were those little doggies doing getting so excited?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about a house full!

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbi1hvVGfT1reks9yo1_250.gif

What were those little doggies doing getting so excited?!

It's from a longer video where their human comes home after a trip.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's roughly equivalent to a smoker that has been completely fucked over by a pissed off skunk.  

Strangely enough, I don't mind the smell (it reminds me of my favorite uncle ), but I would not want to smell like that, and I would be mortified if my car and/house smelled like that.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Read "e." again and note the "or" *before* "any other controlled substance."

Of course, I could be wrong.... I'm not ATF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"(6) The term "controlled substance" means a drug or other substance, or immediate precursor, included in schedule I, II, III, IV, or V of part B of this subchapter. The term does not include distilled spirits, wine, malt beverages, or tobacco, as those terms are defined or used in subtitle E of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986."

Read "e." again and note the "or" *before* "any other controlled substance."

Of course, I could be wrong.... I'm not ATF.

So he has to worry about the federal issue of transferring a firearm to what may be a prohibited person and the Colorado laws on transferring weed: It appears that private sales or transactions are a no-no.  What if the person responding to the ad was an LEO looking for such violations.   I also find it ironic that in my experience a shit load of stolen guns get traded for dope, yet here we are talking about doing it.  The same pro weed guys will stay pro weed and a good amount will be anti gun if one of those traded guns get used in a crime.    

"Transfer of one ounce or less for no remuneration by persons 21 years of age or older is no penalty.  

See
•Colo. Const. Art. XVIII, Section 16 Web Search

Retail sales of cannabis by state-licensed entities to those over the age of 21 are regulated in this state. Marijuana sales by unlicensed entities remain subject to criminal penalties."

http://norml.org/laws/item/colorado-penalties
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The trouble with that line on the form is: What constitutes a "user?"

Is it "ever used?" Is it "high right now?" Is it somewhere in the middle and, if so, where? Same with "addicted to ...." Ever? Now? Was and now aren't?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legally you can't sell to him anyway as he just admitted to being a prohibited person.

I know that. I've been LE for 8 years. Federal for the last 3... I didn't tell him that, but should have....

Making a bong classifies someone as prohibited?

Being an illegal user of a controlled substance (as defined under Federal not State law) makes someone a prohibited person.

The trouble with that line on the form is: What constitutes a "user?"

Is it "ever used?" Is it "high right now?" Is it somewhere in the middle and, if so, where? Same with "addicted to ...." Ever? Now? Was and now aren't?

In bold:
I agree, that is a stupid cya catch all question that doesn't mean anything.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What did he admit to, blowing glass? I was not aware that glass blowers were prohibited persons

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legally you can't sell to him anyway as he just admitted to being a prohibited person.
What did he admit to, blowing glass? I was not aware that glass blowers were prohibited persons

They got Tommy Chong in prison over selling glass bongs, imagine trading a gun for one lol.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't be disheartened. Just like when alcohol prohibition was repealed, something else will be targeted for using authority against.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You'll notice, nowhere in any of my posts did I ever say OP should go through with the trade. All I said was there is nothing in the OP that expressly makes the gentleman a prohibited person, and that if OP did go through with it, he would at minimum have some plausible deniability.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, I was not aware that using a pipe made you a prohibited person. We can do this all day...

Do you work at an ffl? Have you asked an atf agent whats legal? I have. He said if an applicant is inebriated or admits to using they can not be sold a firearm or the ffl will be revoked.

Change federal law, then no problem

I cannot legaly sell to someone who reeks of booze either
Oh, FFS... I'm simply going off of what was written in the OP. Based on that information, the gentleman indicated that he blew custom glass and used a bong. I saw no where in the OP where he admitted to using any drugs.

Know anyone say their Tabacco pipe or Tabacco bong "hits hard"?  What percent of Tabacco only smokers use bongs? Give me an honest assessment, you're intention is to not break federal law, do you pick this seller, or someone else?
You'll notice, nowhere in any of my posts did I ever say OP should go through with the trade. All I said was there is nothing in the OP that expressly makes the gentleman a prohibited person, and that if OP did go through with it, he would at minimum have some plausible deniability.

You know  it's a bad idea, yet there you are  criticizing op for turning him down because you he can't be sure. Do you not see the hypocrisy?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Oh, you poor dear. All that icky new freedom around you, all gross and unpleasant.
View Quote
I love you, man.  No homo.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#24]
How many people here would meet someone for a FTF transaction involving a firearm where at least partial payment was weed and paraphernalia?  No thanks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

All that sticky icky freedom.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that. I've been LE for 8 years. Federal for the last 3... I didn't tell him that, but should have....

no, using marijuana does.. (have you never filled out a 4473 before?)

show me a privately owned used bong that doesn't have marijuana residue in it..
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
CO.....The EU of the US.

I don't think there is another state where libtards from other states came in and took it over so fast and so completely. Sad.
View Quote

Got a lot of left wing assholes and my left wing asshole sister out of Michigan, so excellent.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

It's super serious business.

Somewhere, apparently.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought an awesome Cabelas Alaskan Guide tent off CL yesterday. I had to pay with cash.

When we were in Denver last year there was a used carpet store next to a dope shop. LOL. Aim low, brother.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have heard that, if you don't go in them, they are a lot harder to smell. At least, that's what I am told by people who live in Los Angeles where you can stand on a corner and see four or more of them at once.

But I am with you, which is why I am campaigning to shut down all the cigar stores in town. I just can't figure out any other way of dealing with those smells.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
One of the most irritating things about it isn't really the gun thing... Offering weed for guns is ridiculous in itself, but it's EVERYTHING.

Try to sell anything on Craigslist or on a Facebook group and all you get offered is weed or bongs.

I listed a bunch of brand new 5.11 boots that I can't wear... ZERO cash offers... 3 weed offers and 2 bong offers...
View Quote

LOL,

Man, I wish I had your problems.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
9mm STI is a nice gun, get him to add some cash
View Quote

I think the guy with the STI is strapped for cash, thus trying to bartter.

OP, you should see what he want's to sell the STI (or send me his contact info and I'll ask) might be a good deal to be had!

I'd love a good STI steal
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He admitted to using one of those bongs. He's not just making them....

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if you go into a store that sells bongs, they will probably throw you out if you mention using them for something illegal. So, according to most of the sellers, they are used primarily for tobacco.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I don't drink beer. I'd still decline in the same way I did the bong offer. "No thanks, but I appreciate the interest."
View Quote
There's the problem.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Did you tell him his valuation of his product is not the same as yours?

If it's worth what he says, how about he blow one and sell it and bring cash money
View Quote

He won't, because he can't.  That's a perfect reply.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#40]
This thread sure is full of bitches, page 1 was downright depressing.  People more concerned about how they can justify categorizing someone into being a law breaker as opposed to just being happy with freedom.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

"...an act of the legislature, repugnant to the constitution, is void."

~Marbury vs Madison (1803)

His glass product sucks and is not worth the trade, but I would just tell him so instead of hiding behind an Unconstitutionally-founded excuse.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#42]
POTHEADS... UNITE!11!!111
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You mean a skilled tradesman offered you a legal product in exchange for a legal product. Yep, what has this world come to?
View Quote

It is surely the end of times.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Why is OP posting a sell ad on FB when it is clearly prohibited to do so? Is this one of those "show and tell" groups that circumvents the FB rules? Sounds like it is OK for this particular LEO to pick and choose which rules are worthy of following while at the same time looking down on those who follow rules he morally opposses.
View Quote

On is a private companies guideline and one is a Federal law. Guess which is which.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Being an illegal user of a controlled substance (as defined under Federal not State law) makes someone a prohibited person.

ETA: Marijuana is a schedule I drug under the Controlled Substance Act, there is no legal way to use marijuana under Federal law, therefore anyone who uses marijuana is an illegal user of a controlled substance. ATF have said this in a letter to FFLs.

Is that ridiculous? probably, would it be enforced? probably not, but legally it is still a Federal Felony worth 10 years in prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: Marijuana is a schedule I drug under the Controlled Substance Act, there is no legal way to use marijuana under Federal law, therefore anyone who uses marijuana is an illegal user of a controlled substance. ATF have said this in a letter to FFLs.

Is that ridiculous? probably, would it be enforced? probably not, but legally it is still a Federal Felony worth 10 years in prison.

Lulz.
I wonder how many arfcoms would follow the intent and the letter of federal law if they ever actually pass another assault weapons ban.

but, but, but, that's different.........sure it is.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

OP, you should see what he want's to sell the STI (or send me his contact info and I'll ask) might be a good deal to be had!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
9mm STI is a nice gun, get him to add some cash

You should offer him a bong for it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You should offer him a bong for it.
View Quote

Paint "RooR" on it and tell him it's worth $500
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, then leave, square!
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Boo hoo.  Freedom means putting up with some inconveniences now and again.  Delete the email and move on.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top