Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/23/2016 9:00:38 PM EDT
In response to this thread. This makes this mostly Aimless's fault cause I was ignorant of these and I have already built 1911's and bolt guns (not to mention AR's)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1878532_Is_there_any_decent_80__pistol_.html&page=1

Polymer80 80% glock lower (uses a long locking block with metal rails for rails in the front and polymer rails in the rear like the new ruger pistols)

Lone Wolf G34 length stainless Slide

Double Diamond G34 stainless threaded barrel (borrowed some go nogo gauges and every thing is GTG) ( and no you can never be to careful with headspace this is my professional opinion)

Choice of stainless or blued thread protector

Custom slide back plate (more on this in a bit)

Gen 3 standard internal parts "polished" (will add ZEV connector when it gets here next week)

7 standard Glock OEM mags.

1 50 round Korean Drum mag

Ghost ring sights I had that the tritium is almost out on (from my G21 that has new ghost rings.)

The end plate is engraved with my wife's middle name as I name all my glocks (yet not most of my other guns)

The only thing I paid for was the Frame, slide, barrel other stuff i had on hand from either other projects or trades.

So $440ish for a G34 clone.

Will update with completed picks and range report.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.

Put it together and shoot it already.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
OST
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Umm, that's pretty cool.

Tag
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool.

Put it together and shoot it already.
View Quote

I am I am

But the frame cuts have to wait till Monday....
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Got mine on standby.  Moving in the near future and all projects are packaged up.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Got the slide done minus the rear sight. as the rear sight I was going to use had a stripped base plate (older design) so I got a buddy bringing me one to work on Monday...

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Got the front material that need to be removed and the barrel bridge material removed.

Did it all with files and and sand paper while watching netflix (didn't even use a vise just taped the fixture together.)

came out nice and fairly even with just a slight smudge on the left side rear where I rolled an exacto knife while cleaning up some flash.

Rear rails will be done on a mill Monday ( I could do it the same way but I want them machine straight)

What do you think?

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I just did the same kit. Used a Dremel to grind down the front. Cleaned it up with some sandpaper on a flat surface. Cut the rear rails with a Gerber multitool that had a Remgrit blade on it. That was just about the perfect size. Cleaned it up little by little with a small file while test fitting a slide.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just did the same kit. Used a Dremel to grind down the front. Cleaned it up with some sandpaper on a flat surface. Cut the rear rails with a Gerber multitool that had a Remgrit blade on it. That was just about the perfect size. Cleaned it up little by little with a small file while test fitting a slide.
View Quote

How has it worked?

What size slide did you go with?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How has it worked?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How has it worked?

That's as far as I have got. I'm awaiting a bunch of parts. Still need to pick out a barrel. I went with the same slide you have.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:03:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's as far as I have got. I'm awaiting a bunch of parts. Still need to pick out a barrel. I went with the same slide you have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How has it worked?

Lone wolf has the 34 barrels for 99-105

And please post pics of your frame as an inspiration to others
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#13]
In on one bitches!
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:38:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's my multitool and small file cut rear rails. This whole thing was pretty easy to build.

Also, my Dremel and sand paper front end work. Could clean it up a bit more but from the sides it looks perfect so I don't care.

Think I want a black barrel and all I see left at LW are stainless. May just get one of those as I'll probably Cerakoted the whole thing at some point.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:52:36 AM EDT
[#15]
So the slide rails dont have any metal reinforcement?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:53:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

My understanding is the steel locking block has longish rails.

The rear rails are all polymer.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:59:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. My locking block with the metal slide rails is not installed in my pic. The rear rails are all plastic.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 1:01:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh ok.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 1:03:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

The front has metal rails attached to a proprietary locking block
The rear are polymer like on the new rugers
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 1:03:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Here's my multitool and small file cut rear rails. This whole thing was pretty easy to build.

<a href="http://s234.photobucket.com/user/wydrjc/media/20160625_195701-1_zpsngf2kxpb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/wydrjc/20160625_195701-1_zpsngf2kxpb.jpg</a>

Also, my Dremel and sand paper front end work. Could clean it up a bit more but from the sides it looks perfect so I don't care.

<a href="http://s234.photobucket.com/user/wydrjc/media/20160625_195720-1_zps4obryk0q.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/wydrjc/20160625_195720-1_zps4obryk0q.jpg</a>

Think I want a black barrel and all I see left at LW are stainless. May just get one of those as I'll probably Cerakoted the whole thing at some point.
View Quote

Good work sir.... we will expect a range report....
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Do the have the cuts to accept a stock?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do the have the cuts to accept a stock?
View Quote

No..and the 16inch barrel and stock I have are for the 20/21 (well the stock is universal but only have the 45 barrel.)

And my stock will only fit gen1through gen3
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#23]

little tight and having issues with it not wanting to go into battery if I have the trigger held to the rear and release the slide slowly.

But if I rack the slide normally it is good to go...

Fit might be a little too tight still...(or a couple of other issues...)

will get into it later...
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cool
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#25]
looks like the locking block set screws are hanging up just a hair on the recoil guide rod assembly...

Little touch up work tonight and call it good...
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Well looks like I got it about 96% good and will shoot it and see what happens..

pictures tonight or tomorrow...

complete except for new front sight because the rear sight and front sight I had on hand were two different heights. So I ordered a new one from amazon and it will get here Thursday.

Fun little project and the gun looks good.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well looks like I got it about 96% good and will shoot it and see what happens..

pictures tonight or tomorrow...

complete except for new front sight because the rear sight and front sight I had on hand were two different heights. So I ordered a new one from amazon and it will get here Thursday.

Fun little project and the gun looks good.

View Quote

Can't wait to see it. Now to finish my 1911 and start one myself!
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#28]

completed GHOST LOWER....
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Completed pistol Ghost gun make best range toy.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#30]
ost. Neat!
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#31]
The metal front rails on the 80% are longer than those on a real Glock.  I wouldn't be worried at all about the plastic rear rails; they've been done for over 20 years, and the design of this 80% shows that they actually put some thought into the engineering aspects of the trade-off for having plastic rear rails.

I want to build one, but all of my glocks are gen 4, and the total cost of the ghost gun is still to high.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The metal front rails on the 80% are longer than those on a real Glock.  I wouldn't be worried at all about the plastic rear rails; they've been done for over 20 years, and the design of this 80% shows that they actually put some thought into the engineering aspects of the trade-off for having plastic rear rails.

I want to build one, but all of my glocks are gen 4, and the total cost of the ghost gun is still to high.
View Quote

I am in to this one less than $450 including the 50 round drum mag...

but I had parts around from other glock projects that have been done in the past 10 years.

I bought the barrel, slide, mag, 80%

ETA: I was never worried about the rear rails as you said its been done before...
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Neat
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Going to test fire it tomorrow.....

Hope this works with more than just dummies.....

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Mine is complete. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow to test fire.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Cool.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Dibs on guns.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Very cool.

You guys need to move to a rural area where you can shoot off the front porch.  Then we all won't have to wait for you to find time to go to the range.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#39]
80% Grenade? Sounds dangerous.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:46:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Very cool.

You guys need to move to a rural area where you can shoot off the front porch.  Then we all won't have to wait for you to find time to go to the range.
View Quote

I will be going out to public lands to test it, it's just a bit late tonight.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#41]
OST
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#42]

No offense, but that is one ugly fucking frame!
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't need another project. But that'd made a damn good Christmas gift for a couple of my friends...
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agreed.  I'd clean up the backstrap and finger "channels", and get rid of the magwell, as well as undercut the trigger guard a bit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If he sands down the grooves and stiples it that wll be one badass ghost gun.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Is that a 30 caliber clip that shoots 30 Rds per second ghost gun!?!?!  Oh noes!?!
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Agreed.  I'd clean up the backstrap and finger "channels", and get rid of the magwell, as well as undercut the trigger guard a bit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which leads to the question of whether or not it is possible to trim this frame down from Glock 17 size to Glock 19 size.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Which leads to the question of whether or not it is possible to trim this frame down from Glock 17 size to Glock 19 size.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm buying one, if so. Already have G19 stuff.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Dammit, arfcom.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#50]
For reals?!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top