Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Purchased 4 of the OT large Yeti clones. Has been great this weekend keeping water and Gatorade cold. Moving 25 tons of landscaping rock and leveling beds around house and pool. The YeahT clones are sweet. Might get a straw lid.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#2]

People find the oddest things to obsess over.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is this cup faggotry I don't think I've even even spent a dollar on a god damn CUP

View Quote

I am actually impressed with my 30oz OT cup.  Filled with ice and water at about 7PM the night before I didn't finish it all and went to bed.

At 11AM the next day I went to refill it and thought I would juast drink the water that was in it first.  I was surprised how cold it was as the IR thermometer said 40.6F after all that time sitting out in a 76F house.

It is worth the $10 to me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I love this shit....these metal wal mart cups keep a beer ice cold.

<a href="http://s113.photobucket.com/user/DVCER/media/CAF013F3-1EEC-44A0-B219-D03FEBD3E284_zpscnqv6wnv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/DVCER/CAF013F3-1EEC-44A0-B219-D03FEBD3E284_zpscnqv6wnv.jpg</a>
View Quote

Not nursing your beer does the same thing, and costs less.

Txl
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am returning mine.  They are not magic...
View Quote

I dunno about that.

I filled up a 30 oz Ozark Trail cup with ice. Took a warm 32 oz Gatorade to work. Over the course of a 12 hour night shift - I kept the cup filled with Gatorade. I left the cup in the car when I got home at 7am.

At 3 pm on a 95* day - parked in front full sun - when I got in the car to go to the store the cup still had ice in it. Not much and it was mostly water. But there was still ice in it.

I'm sold.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My SIL loves em and A particular Chardonnay. I keep us well stocked and she cleans house, tends the lawn and is great company for my Disabled wife(her little sister) I get her these, Wine, sausage, and we cook what she likes and she works her Gorgeous Ass of for us. I feel a little guilty, till she bends over in front of me . My little brain says shut up and enjoy that Ass. Then I forget Everything. Wow. No Pics. Just Wow.

God smiles on me Once in a while
View Quote

LOL
This right here, is why I love arfcom GD.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I find mine doesn't seem to last as long as a lot of people say they do. IDK if it's the ice I'm using (just store ice) but it seems to melt relatively quickly. Need to find a bag with bigger chunks in it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I just upgraded my 30 to the lid w/ straw from Yeti for $10.  I got a root beer milk shake before work the other day.  We were so busy, it took over 2 hours for me to drink it.  It was frozen all the way to the last sip.

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz191/Medicfrost1/Mobile%20Uploads/20160623_120604.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just picked up my 30oz Tumbler at Wallyworld $9.74

I just upgraded my 30 to the lid w/ straw from Yeti for $10.  I got a root beer milk shake before work the other day.  We were so busy, it took over 2 hours for me to drink it.  It was frozen all the way to the last sip.

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz191/Medicfrost1/Mobile%20Uploads/20160623_120604.jpg

That's kind of nice. A system designed to get bourbon in me faster than the standard straw.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 5:53:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I upgraded the lids to both of my OT tumblers to Yeti lids.  The replacement lids are only $5, and come with a much better gasket.  The gasket that comes on the OT tumblers is total crap.  The Yeti gaskets are a more rigid rubber, and doesn't roll when you pull it off the cup.
View Quote

Mine was fine for a few weeks of constant use, then developed a small leak around the gasket - just enough that a drop would form at the base of the lid by the opening after a long drink.  I just swapped my lid with my wife's lid while she was at work.  Problem solved.

Don't have the leaky lid issue with my yeti after a year or so of use.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#10]
On the subject of aftermarket lids for Yeti and Walmart Cups, does there exist a lid that seals one of these cups completely?
I want to take cold beer in my backpack, not drink it all at once, but not have beer all over the inside of my pack either.  
And I don't want to drink an entire can of beer at every break either.  Just a couple of sips while somebody who's not me saws a log out of the trail or something.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The yeti straw and lid is cooler
View Quote

One Mfg to Rule them all

Enjoy your plastic straw.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
On the subject of aftermarket lids for Yeti and Walmart Cups, does there exist a lid that seals one of these cups completely?
I want to take cold beer in my backpack, not drink it all at once, but not have beer all over the inside of my pack either.  
And I don't want to drink an entire can of beer at every break either.  Just a couple of sips while somebody who's not me saws a log out of the trail or something.
View Quote

Get one of the RTIC bottles.  They have a splash proof lid for their tumblers but its not watertight.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/drinkware/bottles
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So now you posers are buying the Yeti lids to get the sticker??  

ETA:  How much was the cup?  With the purchase of the lid that makes the whole thing the cost of a Yeti or damn near.
View Quote

Not even half. Yeti sucks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top