Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

meh any junior level agent could find out I own firearms in about 60 seconds regardless of my SBRs/cans.  

If I wanted to hide the fact that I owned firearms, I wouldn't be on a site called AR15.com.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really hope you peeps have been buying your go-to weapons FTF.

If we weather this storm it's something you should really think about doing.

I'd rethink the whole SBR thing too while you are about it. Is it really worth letting the ATF know what you have for a few inches off the end of the barrel?

meh any junior level agent could find out I own firearms in about 60 seconds regardless of my SBRs/cans.  

If I wanted to hide the fact that I owned firearms, I wouldn't be on a site called AR15.com.

Meh, when I had the opportunity to legally obtain a gun FTF where I can use it to replace a like model 4473-ed gun I did so.

Of course I make sure the newly acquired gun matches the quality/function/accuracy of the one it will replace. It's a slow process and not something I obsessed over. It took me some time (years) to do. It's just a thing I always kept in the back of my mind when trading.

I suspect this will all blow-over but in these odd times we live in it just seems the prudent thing to do if you can do so legally in your state.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You all need to calm down.

Congress isn't going to do shit in an election year.  This is all political theater because the Liberals are screaming for gun control.

No matter how much they say they want more gun laws, they want to keep their jobs more.

I'm not saying don't call and write your reps, but the panic is stupid and does more harm than good.
View Quote

Yup. Give it a week or two and it'll blow over.

As someone else here said, if Sandy Hook couldn't get anything meaningful passed, this won't. (not to speak ill of those children)
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rethink the whole SBR thing too while you are about it. Is it really worth letting the ATF know what you have for a few inches off the end of the barrel?

this.
let them be concerned that I have them.

same as being concerned about my dog.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Some of you guys are definitely chicken littles, but I think some here are smart enough to know the chances of anything meaningful, if anything at all, passing is pretty low.  You're just here to say GOPeePee and Trump2016.  In before the C word.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

As someone else here said, if Sandy Hook couldn't get anything meaningful passed, this won't. (not to speak ill of those children)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congress isn't going to do shit in an election year.  This is all political theater because the Liberals are screaming for gun control.

No matter how much they say they want more gun laws, they want to keep their jobs more.

I'm not saying don't call and write your reps, but the panic is stupid and does more harm than good.

Wow. Clueless.

Sandy hook was in 2012. Since then, there has been a non-stop concerted effort by gun control groups to get bills passed. They have united under Bloomberg's money and since then, look at all the states that have fallen. WA, NY, CT, MD, CO, and many more to come.

Just because nothing has passed on the federal level yet doesn't been that nothing is going to happen in the future. Have you heard of the concept of death by a thousand cuts? When the media controls the narrative, public perception shifts. It just takes time. But it's happening now.

Some of you guys are so oblivious to the changing landscape it's unbelievable. GD is an echo chamber.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They fear lamp posts.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They fear Trump
They fear lamp posts.  

this and only this.

they know the populace is getting fed up with everything they do from Immigration to Taxation. turning law abiding citizens into criminals will not work out well for them. 40+other states are not NY, CT, CA and HI.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YOU MEAN THEY KNOW I OWN GUNS?!!?!?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes, we should ignore the other parties that are actually trying to abolish the bullshit parts of our government.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the GOP caves on gun control then we should just vote straight Democrat from now on. They already act like Democrats on everything else. Mine as well just have the real thing
Yes, we should ignore the other parties that are actually trying to abolish the bullshit parts of our government.

Don't mind him...
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wow. Clueless.

Sandy hook was in 2012. Since then, there has been a non-stop concerted effort by gun control groups to get bills passed. They have united under Bloomberg's money and since then, look at all the states that have fallen. WA, NY, CT, MD, CO, and many more to come.

Just because nothing has passed on the federal level yet doesn't been that nothing is going to happen in the future. Have you heard of the concept of death by a thousand cuts? When the media controls the narrative, public perception shifts. It just takes time. But it's happening now.

Some of you guys are so oblivious to the changing landscape it's unbelievable. GD is an echo chamber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Clueless.

Dude, take your fear mongering somewhere else.  The states you listed were already on a downward spiral and meanwhile in far more states gun rights were strengthened.

Calm down.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I hope everyone in here has taken 5 minutes to email and/or call their reps.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Some of you guys are definitely chicken littles, but I think some here are smart enough to know the chances of anything meaningful, if anything at all, passing is pretty low.  You're just here to say GOPeePee and Trump2016.  In before the C word.
View Quote

I said this last night (dupe BTW). It's political theater and he's taking the high road and willing to "listen." Something the Dems do not do. He's already said an AWB is a no-go.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Dude, take your fear mongering somewhere else.  The states you listed were already on a downward spiral and meanwhile in far more states gun rights were strengthened.

Calm down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Clueless.

Calm down.

Yup this. It SEEMS like the anti groups are "growing" but they represent such a pitiful minority of wackos. The reality is that the country has never been more accepting of ARs as sporting rifles, more people are into shooting, and more people have CHLs.

Gun ownership, overall, is on a rise.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I said this last night (dupe BTW). It's political theater and he's taking the high road and willing to "listen." Something the Dems do not do. He's already said an AWB is a no-go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ryan said this? Or Mitch?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#14]
https://act.nraila.org/composeletters.aspx?AlertID=31 Federal reps
https://act.nraila.org/composeletters.aspx?AlertID=30 State reps

So easy, a caveman can do it.  Be firm but respectful, and let them know your vote is tied to your gun rights.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You cannot be surprised.
When the Republican stand up for America, THAT is shocking.
View Quote

And you have the Republican leadership confused and baffled as to where the support for Donald Trump has come from.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. My biggest complaint is that he didn't do this in the first place. Now the Dems have thrown a fucking temper tantrum and he gave in.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm taking bets now.  I'll bet Ryan, Cruz and Rubio support the measure.
View Quote

I'll take the bet on Cruz. Name your price.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#18]
why do we have to lose all the time if this is the case add 50 state carry to the bill
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i want in!! Cruz  no way
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#20]
My prediction the No Fly list bill will make it through. The Dems will try to add a bunch of riders to it and they wont stick.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I dunno, this may be set to eclipse it pretty quickly.

Garden variety white guy nutjob kills a bunch of (mostly white) kids.
Versus
Closeted gay islamist with islamist political connections that was on the FBIs radar goes jihad and kills a bunch of gay people.

Second one has a whole bunch of different dynamics at play. It calls the administrations constant insistence that muslims are our friends into question, shows the LGBT community that the left isn't protecting them, shows that PC has hamstrung a bunch of government agencies that are tasked with ferreting these shitbags out.
I could go on and on about how this is a different animal altogether.

Unlike Sandy Hook, this makes our political class look very, very bad on many levels. They got caught out publically, mired in a sea of PC and incompetence. They may knee jerk and do it harshly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We better start calling. This has been the strongest push for gun control yet.

Absolutely, this push for gun control dwarfs what I saw after Sandy Hook

Versus
Closeted gay islamist with islamist political connections that was on the FBIs radar goes jihad and kills a bunch of gay people.

Second one has a whole bunch of different dynamics at play. It calls the administrations constant insistence that muslims are our friends into question, shows the LGBT community that the left isn't protecting them, shows that PC has hamstrung a bunch of government agencies that are tasked with ferreting these shitbags out.

Unlike Sandy Hook, this makes our political class look very, very bad on many levels. They got caught out publically, mired in a sea of PC and incompetence. They may knee jerk and do it harshly.

This
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#22]
See ARFCOM... should have voted for a real republican. Lol
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
"But we can't trust Trump on guns! He was a democrat for years and then evolved his position, we can't trust him!"
View Quote

So he pulled a Dana Loesch?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#24]
n/m
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is where I get a lot of my news and viewpoints on that news.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Its weird. Kill children and they really haven't done anything. Kill gay dudes and everybody and their mother is screaming for gun bans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its weird. Kill children and they really haven't done anything. Kill gay dudes and everybody and their mother is screaming for gun bans.

Homos matter more.  Muslims matter more.

Normal white folks are at the bottom of the liberal value scale.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://act.nraila.org/composeletters.aspx?AlertID=31 Federal reps
https://act.nraila.org/composeletters.aspx?AlertID=30 State reps

So easy, a caveman can do it.  Be firm but respectful, and let them know your vote is tied to your gun rights.
View Quote

^This. If you haven't contacted your Reps, then please do so. Even if they are Democrats, just do it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think at this point it's:

1) Muslims

2) Blacks

3) LGBT

1,583) The children.

8,952) White women.

174,673) White males.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#29]
It must be black propaganda.

Those firebrand conservatives, Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan, and their stalwart bands of Republicans would never sell the American people down the river by enacting "gun control".
They know that the Republicans gained control of Congress to protect our rights. They'll fight the nefarious schemes of the Democrats tooth and nail.

Promise!
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:03:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If the GOP caves on gun control then we should just vote straight Democrat from now on. They already act like Democrats on everything else. Mine as well just have the real thing
View Quote

True Colors Shining Through tag for future use.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I dunno. Im thinking they will pass "something" this time. No idea what.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
this is why trump won the nomination.  the gop establiment are corporatist pieces of shit.  

trump 2016
View Quote

Quoted for truth.  I am not a big fan of Donald Trump, but his ascension to the apparent nominee of the GOP is DIRECTLY traceable to this sort of wishy-washy "make everyone happy" behavior of the GOP over the past 20 years.

Traditional Republican voters are pissed at the GOP leadership, and are looking for an alternative.  They think they see one in Trump.  Whether that is true or not is immaterial, as long as the traditional GOP leadership continues to do shit like Mitch McConnel's behavior.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly and to boot, I wouldn't even have a PC to log onto the internet, muchless have the internet connection.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Did anyone actually read the linked article? They're saying that the democrats are going to flood all bills with gun control amendments, and they're going to cut them off while still in committee.

The crackdown on amendments came after the House overwhelmingly rejected an energy and water appropriations bill in late May. Many Republicans cited an amendment offered by New York Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, a Democrat, to prevent federal contractors from discriminating against LGBT employees, as their reason for voting against the bill . But they blamed Democrats for also voting against it after pushing for the amendment.  

Maloney offered his amendment again on a defense spending bill. The Rules Committee met Tuesday to decide what amendments would be made in order. Sessions said he'd look at the Maloney measure with fresh eyes and didn't automatically rule it a poison pill.  

"I’m not going to look favorably upon people who bring an amendment, vote for it, pass it, and then kill the bill because of it," Sessions said. "And that’s the problem. It has nothing to do with the LGBT issue, gun issue, no-fly issue, flag issue. It has to do with people who want to take down the appropriations bills. That’s the point."  
View Quote

But reading is for suckers and the 15channers would rather have paid democrat schills and their dozen troll accounts tell them what to think.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#36]

You can't trust either party to do what is right for the country.  They will only do what benefits themselves.

If the RINOs in congress look at it rationally, it is entirely safe for
them to vote to confiscate guns.  With no way to vote them out of office
without even worse socialists taking their place, we can be well and truly fucked.

When the RINOs cave, as they have been doing over and over, what are we
going to do about it this election?  Vote for the democrat?

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Actually, I want this to come to a vote. Lets see who really wants gun control vs surviving their reelection in november. The only ones who will vote for it are those who safely have their like minded districts sewn up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Has everyone in this thread taken the time to call and email your elected reps and senators?  maybe it's too easy to come here and whine like a bunch of bitches and do nothing.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Actually, I want this to come to a vote. Lets see who really wants gun control vs surviving their reelection in november. The only ones who will vote for it are those who safely have their like minded districts sewn up.
View Quote

NO.

That is how they passed obamacare.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They fear Trump
View Quote

There are several million other people that are tired of getting the shaft... And they don't fear them at all.  Interesting isnt it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Normally, that is sage advice, and I agree.  But there is something else brewing in the air.  I don't think they are afraid of this election cycle, because the fix is in for Clinton. They have at least five more years, if not the rest of America's future, with left-wing leadership in place.  There is no more "conservative side" in Washington, as has been demonstrated by Trump, and their contempt for the heartland/traditional American is now naked.   As a people, our liberty has never been so dim.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#42]
You would think the damn GOP would learn.

But they dont, and keep making the same mistakes enough that I cannot any longer give them the benefit of the doubt.....they aren't mistakes, the GOP just has not yet found the right moment to jump on gun control with the Dimbs for fear of backlash......

But the GOPe wants us disarmed just as much as the Dems do, they just have a lot more political risk if they show their colors.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's because they fear Trump will win and they will miss this opportunity.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which parties would those be? Would those be the parties that have no representatives serving in government at all, because they can't get elected? Those parties?

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#45]
It's tar and feather time.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Versus

This

WA re-legalized title 2 SBR last yr.  The bill was even written by a state-D.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The only thing that will get through - and this WILL get through - is connecting the No-Fly list to NICS.  And it won't look like the Dems want - it will have an appeal process and perhaps, if Cornyn's version makes it, judicial input.

Remember after Sandy hook, you heard AWB and whatnot but the big mantra was UBC's.  The big mantra this time is the terror watch list - and unless you're a constitutionalist, most won't blink at the concept.  May as well accept it and push for it to be some transparency, process, and appealable.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This. Plus they refuse to address the real issue which allows this crap to happen. Restricting peoples ability to carry weapons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
this is why trump won the nomination.  the gop establiment are corporatist pieces of shit.  

trump 2016

This. Plus they refuse to address the real issue which allows this crap to happen. Restricting peoples ability to carry weapons.

The real issue here is Islam. The gun stuff is just a side issue.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This  

I just called one of my Senators, (Roy Blunt...claire mccaskill is a leftist sock puppet for hillary and obama), and my Rep. Both stated they are getting calls on both sides of this matter, however, among those who are verified constituents, calls are Pro 2A. Roy Blunt's staffer stated they are getting alot of calls from a number routed through a state number so they cannot verify if the caller is a constituent or not. The Blunt staffer went on to say that calls are about 50/50 split on this right now and the Anti's keep repeating the same circular leftist talking points about gun show loopholes and military assault weapons....She stated logic is useless with those people so she lets them rant and then thanks them for their time.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

No way in hell Cruz supports anything like that.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top