Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds awesome.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in.  Need updates OP!
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you watched all the episodes of RoadKill?

I can provide a nice spot to camp in MN, depending on your timing.
You can use my Bridgeport and tooling to finish an 80% receiver.
You have to do the work though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Just outside of Oklahoma City. hoping to reach Abilene tx tonight. No AC and no gauges makes for an interesting ride. We pulled over because the car was running hot. It would appear as though that gauge isn't working right all the time as I had coolant in the rad and after jumping the fan relay it proved to be fine. after getting on the road it stays curiously in the middle. I'm here
To say that delivering the nicest Omani Glht to Cali Isn

T the most fun.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Go go go go go go go go go go gogo go go go go go go .
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#7]
im in little rock so it would be awful quick for a stop
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just outside of Oklahoma City. hoping to reach Abilene tx tonight. No AC and no gauges makes for an interesting ride. We pulled over because the car was running hot. It would appear as though that gauge isn't working right all the time as I had coolant in the rad and after jumping the fan relay it proved to be fine. after getting on the road it stays curiously in the middle. I'm here To say that delivering the nicest Omani Glht to Cali Isn
T the most fun.
View Quote

Damn . . .if you're on the road from OKC to Abilene, you've got to be passing within 50 miles of my AO.

If you need anything, just IM me.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in Los Angeles.  I have to suggest that you change your trip through California over from the Central Valley, to the 395 up through the Owens Valley and through the Eastern Sierra.  If you wanted to, in the Mono Lake area, you could enter Yosemite from the East and head through to the Central Valley, but I recommend the 395 to at least Reno.

LMK when you will be in this area and if I'm around we'll talk.  I'm near the L.A. International Airport in Los Angeles.

Eric  
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Tag.....
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:53:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Stopped somewhere outside of Amarillo a ways. Car was acting up. IT seems like it's vacuum related, but since the car has a custom cal that doesn't allow me to pull the codes I'm just guessing. I'll make a couple of changes tomorrow and head back out. Hoping to make it to flagstaf
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Tag
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Should be an interesting journey.  Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#14]
In NM now. Only about a hundred miles outside of albequerqueque. Car still not 100% but I think it'll make it. Here's a shot from yesterday.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In NM now. Only about a hundred miles outside of albequerqueque. Car still not 100% but I think it'll make it. Here's a shot from yesterday.  

http://webkit-fake-url://caf591f0-a5fe-483c-b590-54a14835d1c5/imagejpeg
View Quote

I have no idea what that link is and the image doesn't show.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok, try this. I having a hummer of a time posting these photos from an iPad.

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I should add that I'm stranded on the corner in Winslow az. I think a new ECU will be such a fine sight to see. unfortunately, the computer needs to be socketed since The car has big injectors and a 3 bar map.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:06:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks very epic! Good luck with your choice of automobile.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#19]
I hope a girl in a bright red ford stops to take a look at thee.

And she a mechanic
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I hope a girl in a bright red ford stops to take a look at thee.

And she a mechanic
View Quote

I think the computer is crapping out when it gets hot fore hours on. it did start this morning. DId  link to the photos work for anyone? ILl be updating that album and hopefully it works since I can

T figure out how to multi quote or post photos from an iPad.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link works.

Cool GPS.  Haven't seen one of that vintage for quite a few years.  A friend of mine had one.  He was going to Hawaii and I was going to Philadelphia.  I convinced him that he didn't need a GPS on an island.  He let me use it.  I almost had to Fedex it to him after the first couple of days.

Good luck.  Enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#22]
GLad to hear that the link works I'm getting ready to head north in a bit. I'll be taking the pch for a ways and a then perhaps the 101. We will see.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Dude, grow your hair out and work on those sweet chops and you'll be the spitting image of Jemaine Clement.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#24]
WEll, my hair is growing nicely. I got tired last night and couldn't find another sweet place to sleep. SLept in car in front of a grocery store since it was international "campground full" weekend.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Try to stop in small towns along the way and help people out. . .

Most likely you will encounter a beautiful girl, your age, who is not married or have a boyfriend.  

She will be attracted to you, but you will have to leave her behind, as you must finish your epic journey. . . . but she will always remember you fondly. . .

Well, . . . that's how it seemed to go in all those TV shows from the 60's anyway. . . Rte 66, Then Came Bronson, etc, etc. .
View Quote

Or jumps in with you and bangs your brothers brains out nightly a la "Two Lane Blacktop"
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#26]
A lot of places don't let me post on here. I'll try the other site and see how that goes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Ok. I've got it going now. Coolant fitting failed yesterday, but I capped it off and I'm back in action I'll be crossing the border soon.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A lot of places don't let me post on here. I'll try the other site and see how that goes.
View Quote

Check your IM I sent you a link for blocked Internet.

Pinned at the top of page in TEAM.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks a ton.

I'm in Canada right now. The Dairy Queen for wifi plan is working like a charm as I enjoy a blizzard while typing this. Only 1987 miles until Fairbanks. I sure hope I make it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

thanks a ton.

I'm in Canada right now. The Dairy Queen for wifi plan is working like a charm as I enjoy a blizzard while typing this. Only 1987 miles until Fairbanks. I sure hope I make it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks a ton.

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Great job keeping us updated.  Any way to post more pictures documenting your travels?  Just adds more context you know.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:48:40 AM EDT
[#32]
In Prince George can right now. Staying at the days in which is pretty nice. It really need a bed for the first time in four nights. Check the link for some more photos which will be uploading soon.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:19:52 AM EDT
[#33]
If anyone has an easy way to post pics and videos with an iPad I would love to do Tha. I can't figure out how to post them from that Google photos deal to this site.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:43:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Awesome! Good luck.

Play with that Gopro before you leave. Make sure you have multiple batteries and a in car charger. Be safe.

Edt: Sorry, just saw that you are on your way.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks anyway for the advice. I have three batteries for it so fortunately, that hasn't been a problem. I have some pretty decent footage on it so far.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If anyone has an easy way to post pics and videos with an iPad I would love to do Tha. I can't figure out how to post them from that Google photos deal to this site.
View Quote

Don't know how it works on an ipad, but the photobucket app on my android phone is super easy to use, you upload your photos through the app then copy the link and paste into the [img] tags here.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#37]
I'd watch Roadkill for a week and also buy tires
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#38]
This sounds like fun. Tag.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That isn't bad, but gas/diesel is still $5+ per gallon, and if you want a room for the night... I'd guess $200? You may want to call Deadhorse Camp or The Aurora Hotel and check.

I stay at the Prudhoe Bay National Forest, but camping is not allowed

And my internet is being a pain tonight it seems...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks a TON for that info. $69 seems reasonable to look at an ocean that few living people as a percentage of the population have seen. Thanks again.

That isn't bad, but gas/diesel is still $5+ per gallon, and if you want a room for the night... I'd guess $200? You may want to call Deadhorse Camp or The Aurora Hotel and check.

I stay at the Prudhoe Bay National Forest, but camping is not allowed

And my internet is being a pain tonight it seems...

Alaska: where you have to pay to look at an ocean, can't legally sleep outside and the internet is spotty
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#40]
In Whitehorse Canada now. Think I might be able to make it to Fairbanks if the road conditions stay as nice as they have been today. Yesterday there were many areas where I had to go about 15mph for a long while. Not fun. I'll try to get the picture thing figured out when I get to the next hotel.

one the up side, I did see a lot of wildlife yesterday and I only hit a little bit of it. THe Bears were cool, but the moose ran along side my car while eating and wouldn't leave me alone for a time. man they look goofy.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#41]
just booked my trip to seethe ocean. IM pretty sure I'll be setting the record for the furthest north Shelby or Shelby inspired vehicle. I sure hope I make it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#42]
You are making outstanding time.
Glad the cars performing
Good luck
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:06:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Finishing another 16 plus hour day of driving. Uploaded a bunch of photos and video. Will try to post them in here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:13:49 AM EDT
[#44]
You're making a lot better time than I would have thought.

Keep at it.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks. Driving 16 hours a day every day will do that for you.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:56:38 PM EDT
[#46]
16 hour days?  Take your time and look around some.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#47]
That's what I've started today. It's hard because I like driving so much I hate to stop. Some decent pictures of the car with glaciers etc in the background today.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Sounds like an amazing trip! Keep us updated!
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#49]
If I ever find some decent wifi I'll be able to update this better with pics. I saw a crazy amount of wildlife today. Bison, elk, caribou, deer, and goats if I'm not mistaken. I had a great conversation with a buffalo along the side of the road, but he grew tired of me so it took off before testing the durability of my automobile further than I already have on this only car related problem to crop up other than the coolant line has just occurred. The speed distance sensor is acting up so I may not have cruise or q very accurate speedo if this keeps up.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top