Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2001 12:59:38 PM EDT
[url]WLWT ChannelCincinnati.com[/url]

Saturday April 28 02:56 AM EDT

[b]1 Killed, 1 Injured In Tri-State Shooting[/b]

One person was killed and another was seriously injured in a shooting early Friday in Northern Kentucky.

Police responded to a home on Portland-Greenwood Road near Butler just after 5:30 a.m. after a 911 caller said that shots had been fired, WLWT Eyewitness News 5 Evelyn Robertson reported.

Police responded to the home after the owner, Justin Davis, 24, called 911 and told dispatchers that he had fired at four men who tried to break in.

Robert E. Gibson jr., 23, was pronounced dead on the scene.

A second man, Patrick O'Brien, 48, was taken to University Hospital to be treated for two gunshot wounds to his head, WLWT reported.

Police are interviewing Davis and the two men whom he accused of breaking into his home, according to a Kentucky State Police statement.

No charges have been filed against Davis or the home invasion suspects.

ChannelCincinnati.com and WLWT Eyewitness News 5 will update this story when additional information becomes available.

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
No charges had been filed against the home invasion suspects?  What a crock.  What are they gonna do, let them go so they can try again?  They will probably charge the homeowner with something instead of the bad guys.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm no LEO, but I am assuming that after they are sure there is no "foul play" and that they didnt already know eachother (drug deal gone bad?) the bad guys will be charged...
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm no LEO, but I am assuming that after they are sure there is no "foul play" and that they didnt already know eachother (drug deal gone bad?) the bad guys will be charged...
View Quote

My thoughts exactly. There's got to be more to this story.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Gee guys, look when this happened.  The detectives probably havent left the crime scene yet...
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By The Sniper:
[url]WLWT ChannelCincinnati.com[/url]

Saturday April 28 02:56 AM EDT

[b]1 Killed, 1 Injured In Tri-State Shooting[/b]
{snip}
View Quote

[url]http://www.channelcincinnati.com/cin/news/stories/news-74352520010427-080411.html[/url]

The headline makes it sound like just another shooting.  Let's see, one live bad guy (should be interviewed while they're digging the bullet out with no anesthesia).  The dead guy ain't talking.  I sure hope there's lots of physical evidence of their attempt to break in.

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
INTERESTING, VERY INTERESTING. it would seem at the very least the perps would be charged with tresspassing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Here in Southern Calif L.A., we had a news report of a home invasion robbery, some people broke into a couple's home, beat up the man, and raped the woman.  The news media gave it only 15 seconds of air only once.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#8]
That Davis guy is screwed now. The family of the dead guy and the injured crooks are going to sue him for everything he owns.  

If he would have just let them rob him at least insurance would have covered his losses.

Damn lawyers are destroying this country.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#9]
POP, goes the perp!  I HATE-IT when that happens.............[:O]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top