User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Definite renewal?

And if so,  in 10 months....

Eta: yeah, looks like it got renewed a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
This show is bad-ass!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Definite renewal?

And if so,  in 10 months....

Eta: yeah, looks like it got renewed a few weeks ago.
View Quote
Good to know.

Wonder if the end game is Chandler running the US? It looks like Shaw gunned down pretty much any top official that's not on her payroll so when she's taken down he's pretty much the only dude left.

Isn't he Chief of Naval Operation anyway? That's how I see it at least.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Just love that the CNO and the captain of the ship keep going on the assaults.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:01:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Death by weight bar on neck. Coincidence? I think not.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Stupid not to shoot the bitch in the face.

Hopefully they didn't let the Chinese ship go. Get rid of the crew and send a prize crew over from the remaining crewmen from the sunken destroyers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:06:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just love that the CNO and the captain of the ship keep going on the assaults.
View Quote

Kind of silly to follow the Star Trek model. But historically, ship captains have led landing forces.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:08:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hopefully they didn't let the Chinese ship go. Get rid of the crew and send a prize crew over from the remaining crewmen from the sunken destroyers.
View Quote
Probably the ship that got blown up during the preview for the next episode.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:01:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I felt like the tried to squeeze too much into this last episode.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:38:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, they only have 2 episodes left for the season.
They gotta build up for the cliffhanger.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Did reporter dude get whacked?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Every time that blond bitch running the show (Allison Shaw ?) pops on the screen, I see Hillary Clinton.

So what's the final scenario going to be? Overthrow of dictatorial government by armed citizens? I don't think Chandler will wind up as the President. He's not the type.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Season 4 is coming
View Quote

On Hulu only?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

On Hulu only?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Season 4 is coming

On Hulu only?

No, on TNT next year.
Seasons 1 and 2 are on HULU.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#16]
They certainly listened to feedback.

This season compared to the first is an amazing change.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Unlike with many other series, the plot moves quickly making the show interesting.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Every time that blond bitch running the show (Allison Shaw ?) pops on the screen, I see Hillary Clinton.

So what's the final scenario going to be? Overthrow of dictatorial government by armed citizens? I don't think Chandler will wind up as the President. He's not the type.
View Quote

I think the federal govt will be reduced and come aboard the James, and next season will be James vs. regional govts. Civil War, part deux.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Stupid not to shoot the bitch in the face.

View Quote

Yes yes yes
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I wonder how many TLAMs the Nathan James is carrying?

TLAM all the things.

And corrupt politicians with a complicit media.  Where have I seen that before.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Thinking more about the captured Chinese ship.....

Weren't Takahai (???, fuck if I know how to spell his name) and his men part of the Japanese navy before becoming pirates? What are the chances they sailed a destroyer similar to the captured Chinese ship?

At the end of the episode where you saw Chandler and Takahai part company, I could have sworn that I saw one of Takahai's guys go with the crew from the Nathan James.

With Takahai deciding to stay in Japan and die, I wonder if his crew feels like this is one way they can repay the Nathan James for saving Japan and also atoning for their past transgressions against the crew of the Nathan James? One last blaze of glory akin to a kamikaze mission.

But, then I'm left thinking what would Chandler do with the Chinese crew? Give them to the Japanese to tear apart or set them adrift in life rafts and tell them to start praying that the Japanese don't pick them up? I don't see Chandler lining them up in front of a firing squad.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Cliffhanger: Dr. Rachel Scott is not dead.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Did reporter dude get whacked?
View Quote

It was strongly implied.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is season 1 anywhere but Hulu? I was able to start about midway through season 2 via on-demand.
View Quote

Not on Netflix or Prime. You could use the free 30 days of Hulu though
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Man they've done a great job at making this show awesome. I was thinking the Chinese story line seemed a little weak at first but they've done a great job of setting up what could be a fantastic story. This should be ARFCOM's wet dream of a TV show: tyrannical politicians trying to seize power during SHTF.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Tex is not listed in the cast for 2016. I think they replaced his role in the series with "Wolf Taylor", the Australian SF guy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's Tex?

They haven't said yet.  End of S2 he was with his daughter again.  He could be off being a dad until the need arises later this season, or he could off hunting the POS that shot Dr Scott.  IMDB doesn't list any eps this season yet, but it only seems to show aired eps in the counts.

He was too solid to just disappear.  I kind of doubt they will keep him out for all season.  Only 10 eps left this season, I'd say he'll pop up in 3 or 4.

Tex is not listed in the cast for 2016. I think they replaced his role in the series with "Wolf Taylor", the Australian SF guy.

Glad you were wrong.  

Lol at the POTUS after seeing Tex in action.  "Hot damn, son!"

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Well, they only have 2 episodes left for the season.

They gotta build up for the cliffhanger.
View Quote

S1 had a hard cliffhanger.  Chandler: "Nathan James!  Where are you??!!"

S2 had a soft cliffhanger.  Death of Scott in the midst of celebration by the crew.

Thinking S3 will be more like S1.  Don't know if it will tie into anything directly or indirectly, but it does air on 9/11.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Weren't Takahai (???, fuck if I know how to spell his name) and his men part of the Japanese navy before becoming pirates? What are the chances they sailed a destroyer similar to the captured Chinese ship?
At the end of the episode where you saw Chandler and Takahai part company, I could have sworn that I saw one of Takahai's guys go with the crew from the Nathan James.

With Takahai deciding to stay in Japan and die, I wonder if his crew feels like this is one way they can repay the Nathan James for saving Japan and also atoning for their past transgressions against the crew of the Nathan James? One last blaze of glory akin to a kamikaze mission.

But, then I'm left thinking what would Chandler do with the Chinese crew? Give them to the Japanese to tear apart or set them adrift in life rafts and tell them to start praying that the Japanese don't pick them up? I don't see Chandler lining them up in front of a firing squad.
View Quote

The ChiCom destroyer is not like what the Japs use. The JMSDF ships are pretty much all American or Japanese systems (including Jap copies of American stuff), or comes from other Western countries, like Italy. The new ChiCom ships are a mix of indigenous Chinese, French, Russian, Ukrainian, or other ComBloc stuff, or rip-offs of the same, with some rip-offs of American stuff.

Looks like Takahaya's men departed in that smaller vessel they were operating.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:52:04 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The ChiCom destroyer is not like what the Japs use. The JMSDF ships are pretty much all American or Japanese systems (including Jap copies of American stuff), or comes from other Western countries, like Italy. The new ChiCom ships are a mix of indigenous Chinese, French, Russian, Ukrainian, or other ComBloc stuff, or rip-offs of the same, with some rip-offs of American stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In the real world, yup.
But, remember the conversation in the CIC during the planning for the mission. They said that the Chinese ship was a rip-off of the Arleigh Burke class and Capt. Slattery was able to figure how to launch a anti-ship missile despite all of the controls being in Chinese.

Just a thought given how loose the writers sometimes play with reality versus their world when it comes to naval capabilities/weapons. The 100% intercept rate with the SM-2's, the mine field that Takahaya set, etc.

Someone else mentioned in this thread that they would sail the Chinese ship with the rescued crew from the sunk destroyer. That's not a bad idea, either.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:18:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
In the real world, yup. But, remember the conversation in the CIC during the planning for the mission. They said that the Chinese ship was a rip-off of the Arleigh Burke class and Capt. Slattery was able to figure how to launch a anti-ship missile despite all of the controls being in Chinese.   Just a thought given how loose the writers sometimes play with reality versus their world when it comes to naval capabilities/weapons. The 100% intercept rate with the SM-2's, the mine field that Takahaya set, etc.

Someone else mentioned in this thread that they would sail the Chinese ship with the rescued crew from the sunk destroyer. That's not a bad idea, either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the real world, yup. But, remember the conversation in the CIC during the planning for the mission. They said that the Chinese ship was a rip-off of the Arleigh Burke class and Capt. Slattery was able to figure how to launch a anti-ship missile despite all of the controls being in Chinese.   Just a thought given how loose the writers sometimes play with reality versus their world when it comes to naval capabilities/weapons. The 100% intercept rate with the SM-2's, the mine field that Takahaya set, etc.

I'm the one that said that.  I'm sure it could be managed to some degree.  They could almost certainly get her underway.

And the ship is based on a real class, either the Type 052C or Type 052D DDG.  What he was talking about being ripped off were the phased array radars, although IIRC the design is partly derived from and uses copies of parts of Soviet designs.  The VLS on the latter class involves a rip-off of a lot of elements of the Mk41 VLS, although it is nevertheless different.  Both classes are built to be a little stealthy, which is something they have in common with the Burkes, and some of the layout is similar.

It's probably the Type 052D, as there was one in commission and a couple more nearly complete by the time the show's timeline begins and it is the only one that carries land attack missiles.

This is what they look like:

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#32]
2 more episodes left in the season?  Guesses what season 4 will be about?

ETA:. Damn, missed all of page three, apparently
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Glad you were wrong.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where's Tex?

They haven't said yet.  End of S2 he was with his daughter again.  He could be off being a dad until the need arises later this season, or he could off hunting the POS that shot Dr Scott.  IMDB doesn't list any eps this season yet, but it only seems to show aired eps in the counts.

He was too solid to just disappear.  I kind of doubt they will keep him out for all season.  Only 10 eps left this season, I'd say he'll pop up in 3 or 4.

Glad you were wrong.  

Ha! Me too.

I think I pee'd a little when I found out Tex was coming back.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#34]
About damn time, too!
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Well, Chandler is no Adama, that's for sure. That character had no problem shooting men in the face over the same sort of thing.
View Quote

More of a Capt Kirk
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
More of a Capt Kirk
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, Chandler is no Adama, that's for sure. That character had no problem shooting men in the face over the same sort of thing.

More of a Capt Kirk

Yeah Chandler reminds me a bit of Kirk ("I have Tomahawks...") but instead of having a logical, calculating Vulcan as his right-hand-man he has...Jayne Cobb, so I call it a win for Chandler all around.

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#37]
New episode tonight at 9pm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-YD-FmVq30
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Starting in 4.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm looking forward to those "regional leaders" taking a few in the 10 ring.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm looking forward to those "regional leaders" taking a few in the 10 ring.
View Quote

Prefer a trial for treason then have them dance at the end of a rope.....televised.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You called it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Allison is looking milfy hot but I can't wait to see her and that whole crew taken out.

http://www.militarypress.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/rohm.jpg

View Quote

I just did some "research" on her.

Very lacking in the boobies department.

Bing image search term "Elisabeth Röhm nude".
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 2:24:53 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Allison is looking milfy hot but I can't wait to see her and that whole crew taken out.

http://www.militarypress.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/rohm.jpg

That's disappointing.
Haven't had a chance to watch tonight's episode. Got the DVR menu up as I type this. About to start it now.

Alright, did a Google Search. Not that bad.  

Nothing like a pair of sloppy, stretch mark covered milk bags after some heavy false advertising. Been down that road before.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 3:28:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Good episode. Why do I feel like the writers of this show learned from the mistakes of Jericho?

Train cars full of people. Wonder if they got that from the tinfoil crowd? FEMA trains.

Next week's episode preview has Chandler in a plane. Possible martyr situation?

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Good episode. Why do I feel like the writers of this show learned from the mistakes of Jericho?

Train cars full of people. Wonder if they got that from the tinfoil crowd? FEMA trains.

Next week's episode preview has Chandler in a plane. Possible martyr situation?

View Quote
Why do I get the feeling the producers have a hard on for screwing Hilary?

The talk about how you overthrow a government while emphasizing "crisis".
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Wow! When Tex and Candler reunited Chandler smiled.

I think that's the first time I've seen him smile on this show.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wow! When Tex and Candler reunited Chandler smiled.

I think that's the first time I've seen him smile on this show.
View Quote

Dude, spoiler! I haven't seen this episode yet!

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Next week should be good for the season finale.  It's a Robocop directed episode.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#49]
The show was already decent.

But recently it has become downright awesome. They are doing an incredible job with the story.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Season finale tonight at 9pm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyw4KJ2MLiU
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top